Sunset | how not to slip into banality?

Rep: (213)
Sunset

Attached Image

Sunset or sunset - the moment of disappearance of the upper edge of the star below the horizon. The concept of sunset can also refer to the whole process of crossing the horizon by a visible disk of the star. Due to the influence of the atmosphere, sunset is observed somewhat later than it would have been if there was no atmosphere.
Sunset is often brighter than sunrise, and with brighter reds and oranges. During the day, the Sun heats the surface of the Earth, decreases relative humidity and increases wind speed, dust rises into the air. However, the differences between sunrise and sunset may in some cases depend on the geographical position of the observer.

Rep: (209)
Sunset is when the sun sets! What you do not know what?
M
We know. But it is so beautiful!

Post has been editedkochrob - 03.03.09, 01:45

Rep: (29)
Thanks for the interesting topic! =)
Here is an old sunset from me ...
Attached Image

Rep: (586)
I am also pleased with this topic, I like to photograph sunsets, they are very beautiful. I will be glad to advice how to do it correctly. :)

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov I fully agree with you! Only horizontal symmetry is justified in this frame, while the vertical one spoils it greatly, indeed, the space on the right can be easily cut off. But then I did not think about it when I took the picture ...
Well, another frame from the same place, but 10 minutes later. True, I here otkadriroval slightly and trimmed it, but on the original there was already no symmetry =)
By the way, notice how quickly the sun goes down =)

Attached Image

Post has been editedFlesh [zlo] - 12.11.08, 01:51

Rep: (417)
BombilCalabasov
I would also recommend the following: if possible, shoot in RAW. This will allow you to play with white balance and exposure compensation. Those. what is already on the matrix, as they say, is horrible, if the frame is very overexposed, or, on the contrary, everything turned out black, then no RAW will help, but you will have more adjustment possibilities. Even better - RAW + bracketing, you can already do a good HDR there.

Rep: (8)
I love sunsets, always so different, so beautiful, not always enough ability to properly capture, but I do not leave attempts :)
This is one of my favorite shots.
Attached Image

greatly reduced, so quality suffered a little

BombilCalabasov
Thanks for the analysis, I hope to learn how to do better. :)

Rep: (8)
BombilCalabasov thank you accept me to your companysavagemessiahzine.com-shny photo amateurs?

Is this option better?
Attached Image

Rep: (20)
Not sunset, but the essence is the same. (Dawn)
PS: the photo did not shop, only the signature added.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedFritz - 14.11.08, 22:06

Rep: (20)
full, shot at three hundred, sorry that without eczephs ... resize was lost somewhere I lost on vkontakte and here, resize myself again, I was too lazy.

PS: thank you =)

Post has been editedFritz - 14.11.08, 23:37

Rep: (2)
I take a great interest in a photo for a long time, but here the beginner. What say?

Attached images
Attached Image

Willsoon , I really like! And where is it filmed? Of course, I understand that all the railway tracks are like 2 drops, but I feel that I was there =). Or is it just that your frame creates a presence effect so well ...

Dawn.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedWillsoon - 15.02.13, 02:46

Sunset in watercolor colors.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (277)
Sunsets in Omsk. Once upon a time =)

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Dawn over the sea.

Attached images
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 11.26.2008, 11:05*
you can try in Photoshop some stylization filter slightly put on the picture ...

I have not yet learned how to work with filters, layers - the secret behind seven seals for me: scratch_one-s_head:
Thank.

Willsoon It seems to me that somehow everything is very symmetrical and even. The horizon passes exactly in the middle, the sun divides the vertical in exactly vertical direction ... Maybe it made sense to capture more shores, or to trim it somehow ...

Attached Image

Sunset in hometown: blush:
Attached Image

Petro92,

Fine! And the couple on the beach completes the picture well.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/17/19, 1:30 p.m.