320 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Favorite quotes, sayings | We collect favorite aphorisms and quotes.
gardener
Message#1
13.06.18, 16:45
tshlglv
[online]

Topics Curator
Group: Curators
Messages 646
Check in: 21.04.14
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon 4/64

“Let's post here quotes, sayings, aphorisms, sayings of famous people, ancient and not so, which you like the most.”

Attached Image
"""""""""'''"""""""""""""""""""""""""""'''"""'""""""""""'''"""'"""'"""""'"""""""""'''"""'"""'"""""'"""""""""'''"""''"""'"""""""""'''"""'"
This includes quotes that turned out to be in tune with the inner world of the users of our forum, they didn’t just look at them accidentally, they made them think - they helped to understand something important in life, they became part of it. Such quotes can be left here, maybe someone else will find them valuable for themselves.
Some rules;)
In the subject in addition to quotes, you can discuss your vision of their essence and so on, associated with quotes. May come and your version, which is closer to your understanding. This is the most interesting.
  1. It is always necessary to indicate the author of a statement or quotation, better the title of the work, if you know it.
  2. Do not publish "like interesting", publish what turned out to be important for you personally. If in doubt, it is better not to post.
  3. The color, bold and resized font of the quotation itself makes it difficult to read, this is applicable, for example, in the title, author's instructions, or in any design, but also in moderation.
  4. Quotes of one author within one post need to be grouped and signed all at once. Statements of different authors are better to publish in separate posts.
  5. Let's post quotes with text, not pictures. Usually the image adds nothing to the quote. If the picture is really a topic, which is rare, then place it with a spoiler in addition to the quotation in text form.
    When making personal selections of quotes, you can of course deviate a little from the rules, add pictures without spoilers, etc.
  6. Large passages of a text or a poem are called as such and are no longer quotations in essence. If necessary, you can publish it under a spoiler.Also under the spoiler we publish other additional materials: mp3, links, and so on.
  7. For violations of these rules, unnoticed by the curator, write to him inQMS, and not in the subject.
  8. Avoid duplicates of recently published quotes. In most cases they will be deleted.
If possible, before publishing a quote, check if there are duplicates,searchon the topic - this is optional. For all questions relating to the topic, write to QMScurator.
A selection of favorite quotes: heart:
Selections of favorite quotes and quotes favorite authors.
User creativity
Codes
Simple quote code:
"Quote"

[right] [offtop] Author [/ offtop] [/ right]

Looks like that:
"Quote"

Author

Simple quote code with italics:
[i] "Quote" [/ i]

Looks like that:
"Quote"

Author

Quote code with the "times" font:
[font = times] "Quote" [/ font]

Looks like that:
"Quote"

Author

Quotation code with the font "times" and italics:
[font = times] [i] "Quote" [/ i] [/ font]

Looks like that:
"Quote"

Author

Quotation code with the font "times", italic and a picture:
[font = times] [i] "Quote" [/ i] [/ font]

[right] [offtop] Author [/ offtop] [/ right] [spoiler] Picture [/ spoiler]

Looks like that:
"Quote"

Author
Picture

Post has been editedgardener - 17.06.19, 20:15
Reason for editing: new quotes
Pr0t0n
Message#2
29.10.08, 20:18
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 300
Check in: 16.04.07
Honor 6x 3/32

Let's post here quotes, sayings, aphorisms, sayings of famous people, ancient and not so, which you like the most. Perhaps someone such a quote was adopted as the motto in life. Someone is impressed by the statement as closest to his character ... Well, someone else doesn’t have it yet, he will read Temko, and it will help him to understand himself better :)
1-3 statements are enough .., and if a new interesting quotation appears over time, you can also tell ..

P.S. I have no clear motto yet :) but like for example:
"People consider themselves unique and believe in collective horoscopes" - Cheslav Bonagh
"To love someone means to wish that person only good." Thomas Aquinas
Without music, life would be a mistake (c) Friedrich Nietzsche
Well, as a joke: "Who knows how - does, who does not know how - teaches, who does not know how to teach, becomes dean" - Thomas L. Martin :)

Post has been editedPr0t0n - 07.02.10, 22:58
Reason for editing: grammar mistakes)

--------------------
Siemens A60->Motorola C350->Motorola V80->RoverPC S1->HTC Gene (P3400) ->RoverPC G5->Samsung GT-I5700 Spica->LG Optimus One ->Samsung Galaxy Note ->Coolpad Halo ->Lenovo Vibe X3 ->Honor 6X
Voron_Shinigami
Message#3
29.10.08, 21:18
Follow your course.
[offline]

Messages 537
Check in: 02.04.08

I have a lot of them, to my occasion there is always something. Yesterday, at the end of the day, I applied two - “facts are a stubborn thing” (c) grandfather Lenin and “there are three types of lies: lies, vile lies and statistics” (c) Benjamin Disraeli.

I have just quoted a topic about nostalgia about the Soviet era -
Yamamoto Tsunetomo, author of Hagakure, one of the basic treatises of Bushido, the Warrior Code
It is said that the so-called "spirit of the time" leaves irrevocably. The gradual dispersion of this spirit indicates the approach of the end of the world. Similarly, the year is not only spring and summer. The same is true for one day. No matter how passionately a person wishes to make the world as it was a hundred or more years ago, this is impossible. Therefore, it is important to learn how to get the most out of each generation. People tied to the past often make mistakes because they do not understand this. On the other hand, people who know only the traditions of their era and do not respect the past are too unprincipled.

And in general, IMHO - it would be interesting to push the forum game into quotations, so that each subsequent one would answer the other one way or another;)

Now, from my most favorite quotes, I still remember - Cogito, Ergo Sum (I think, then I exist), the phrase most attributed to Rene Descartes, the French thinker and mathematics, as well as according to various sources, Afaik - Aristotle, Socrates and several other philosophers of antiquity; "Really what you realize" (c) Morpheus, "The Matrix".

Posted on 10/29/2008, 21:18:

PS: from the same Nietzsche love to remember: "Evil people do not have songs. Why do Russians have them?";
"Going to a woman, do not forget the whip";)

--------------------
At first you do not notice. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight with you. Then you win. (c) Jawaharlal Nehru
Metalik
Message#4
29.10.08, 21:34
KoldunchG
[offline]

Messages 849
Check in: 04.02.06
Wileyfox Swift 2

"Think-decide, decide-do, do-do not be sorry."
"The ability to speak beautifully is much more common to think beautifully."
"Do to others so that they do not have time to do the same to you."
"Knowledge is only then knowledge, when it is acquired by the efforts of thought, and not by memory."
"If you want to have something that you never had, then you must do something you never did."
Whose exactly I do not remember ... like one of the writers of one .... the rest of xs

Post has been editedMetalik - 29.10.08, 21:36

--------------------
Not everything is correct, which is logical.
Yasik
Message#5
29.10.08, 21:44
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1356
Check in: 12.04.06
Apple iPhone SE

If someone spat in your back, then you are ahead (Confucius)
Nemos
Message#6
29.10.08, 22:27
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 789
Check in: 04.08.07
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 4/64

How do you call a boat - so on it and write.
Give me two people and I will do everything myself :)

--------------------
Electricflash
Message#7
30.10.08, 16:21
Electrician on duty
[offline]

Messages 777
Check in: 11.09.08
Asus ZenFone Max ZC550KL (MSM8916)

Start your fight against international terrorism - install LINUX! : rofl:

--------------------
Voron_Shinigami
Message#8
31.10.08, 00:36
Follow your course.
[offline]

Messages 537

Today, especially remembered the Roman folk - "Multum, Non Multa".

--------------------
At first you do not notice. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight with you. Then you win. (c) Jawaharlal Nehru
GUI
Message#9
31.10.08, 09:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 295
Check in: 06.02.08
Honor 8X JSN-L21

Drinking is an exercise in insanity (Pythagoras)

--------------------
It remains unchanged the happy opportunity to please the members of the forum with the opportunity to touch the inexhaustible source of unmatched wisdom in my face.
Voron_Shinigami
Message#10
04.11.08, 02:18
Follow your course.
[offline]

Messages 537

Hmm ... it looks like it becomes a kind of bonton in some way - to end the day with a kind of quote of the day, just without straining the random function, but exercising your own mosque;)

Well, tonight will not be an exception ... so, I remember today "in art, besides talent, the most important thing is a sense of proportion." To my regret, the search engines could not remind who the author is, so while we can assume that the saying is mine (s).

--------------------
Voron_Shinigami
Message#11
04.11.08, 21:18
Follow your course.
[offline]

Messages 537

No fate but what we choose©Sarah Connor.

--------------------
Gut333
Message#12
04.11.08, 22:44
User
[offline]

Messages 99
Check in: 22.02.08

I know that I do not know anything ... but others do not even know that! (C) Philosopher

I try not to enter into debates, parties and de * emo (C) friend Sasha Kravtsov

--------------------
HTC Advantage x7500 + SDHC 8Gb + Jabra BT800 + Acer 5315 + Kodak 1012 IS + 8Gb SDHC
Anton Van Der Mishin
Message#13
04.11.08, 22:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 140
Check in: 13.06.08

'Just do it' is a simple uncomplicated life motto (viva for Nike marketers)

--------------------
Everything matters
konvas
Message#14
05.11.08, 00:47
The wrestler with the fertility crisis
[offline]

Messages 5700
Check in: 08.10.06
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64

Well, actually the first quote is from my signature - about speed, the author Jeremy Clarkson from "TopGir" ...
still
Of all his creations, God endowed with reason only man .... Man clearly did not pull this burden ...

--------------------
Life abounds! Me "gas" and on the head ....
Voron_Shinigami
Message#15
06.11.08, 00:29
Follow your course.
[offline]

Messages 537

Jedem das seine©unknown artist at the gates of buchenwald
"When I hear the word" culture ", the hand reaches for the pistol" (c) the famous cultural figure of the Third Reich, a former schoolteacher, an intellectual in round glasses, ReichsfГјhrer SS Heinrich Himmler.

--------------------
papamuller
Message#16
06.11.08, 13:19
Returning from the cold
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 3596
Check in: 09.12.07
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C

"I know everything, but not myself" (Francois Villon)

--------------------
Each of us has only one true vocation - to find the way to ourselves. (Hermann Hesse)
Metalik
Message#17
06.11.08, 20:54
KoldunchG
[offline]

Messages 849
Check in: 04.02.06
Wileyfox Swift 2

Voron_Shinigami @ 11/06/2008, 0:29*
"When I hear the word" culture ", the hand reaches for the gun"

+1 ))

--------------------
Not everything is correct, which is logical.
I do not know
Message#18
06.11.08, 21:09
Samosadist
[offline]

Messages 2181
Check in: 22.03.07

"I came to console the humiliated and offended" Joan of Arc

--------------------
Ich weiss nicht, was soll es bedeutend, das ich so traurig bin ...
Pr0t0n
Message#19
07.02.10, 23:03
Local
[offline]

Messages 300
Check in: 16.04.07
Honor 6x 3/32

quote vvide pictures :) I liked ..
Attached Image

--------------------
Siemens A60->Motorola C350->Motorola V80->RoverPC S1->HTC Gene (P3400) ->RoverPC G5->Samsung GT-I5700 Spica->LG Optimus One ->Samsung Galaxy Note ->Coolpad Halo ->Lenovo Vibe X3 ->Honor 6X
alro
Message#20
08.02.10, 01:26
Banned himself
[offline]

Messages 1747
Check in: 19.12.05
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) SM-A520F / DS

Yasik @ 10.29.08, 19:44*
If someone spat in your back, then you are ahead (Confucius)
I understand that late, but inspired:
"In dog sledding, the picture changes only for the leader."

--------------------
He left the forum in connection with the loss of interest to him.
oleg @
Message#21
08.02.10, 15:54
Forum Administrator
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 893
Check in: 11.10.05
Samsung Galaxy S 2 GT-I9100

If you think that everything is bad - you are deeply mistaken ... Everything is much worse.
(Murphy's Law)

--------------------
Wearable leg urinals - designed for patients who walk and lead an active lifestyle. So, in one of the series of the American TV series "Doctor House", having problems with urination, the main character uses a urological catheter.

320 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 19.06.19, 19:52