Camera talk (Xiaomi) Redmi 7

Rep: (445)
Camera talk (Xiaomi) Redmi 7
Redmi 7, Onclite
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ

Camera specifications
  • Main camera:
    The main sensorOmniVision OV12A10_i_ofilm
    12 MP (4096x3072)
    Aperture f / 2.2
    The pixel size is 1.25 microns.
    Focal length 26 mm.
    Autofocus: Yes
    Photo flash: Yes
    OIS (Optical Image Stabilizer): No
    Optical zoom: No
    Video HQ: 1080p 60 FPS
    Slow Motion: 720p 120 FPS
    The optional module (for blur background): OmniVision OV02A10_ofilm
    Mn 2 (1600 x 1200)
    Pixel size 1.75 .mu.m
    Aperture f / 2.2 (!)

• Front-camera:
    The main module:samsung S5K4H7
    8 Mn (4544h3408)
    Aperture f / 2.0
    The pixel size is 1.12 microns.
    Focal length: -
    Autofocus: No
    Flash: No
    OIS (Optical Image Stabilizer): No
    Optical zoom: No
    HQ Video: 1080p 30 FPS
    Slow Motion: No

Third-party applications for shooting photos and video

• Google camera It allows you to shoot in HDR +. With HDR + mode help you get a brighter pictures by day and clear images in low light, it is better to shoot video, due to the fact that it is implemented electronic image stabilization. You can make a portrait photo with a blurred background (the effect of "bokeh"), as well as circular and spherical panoramas)
  • Ultracorder - Video camera with support for maximum sensor resolution and encoding supportHEVC / H.265
  • Open camera - application with advanced features, some features may not be available on all devices as they may depend on hardware features, or version of Android. No portraits. A very large number of different settings.
  • Snap Camera HDR - Camera app and camera based galleries that are installed in Android 4.4 on Nexus 5
  • Footej camera - Camera and gallery. 2api support , Fast work, good image quality
  • Camera API - description of the link settings and features. Very small application size and a lot of settings.
  • Camera port One Plus - the camera is used in the smartphone brand One Plus application is available in HQ mode, HDR mode works (when activated camera api 2 HDR mode is not available, as well as the flash does not work, no portrait mode too)

Attention! In most applications, the camera will not be available mode blur the background as the application work with only one main module. In the Google Camera for portrait mode as only one module, the definition of the depth of field is performed entirely by artificial intelligence.
Recommendations for shooting photos / videos
Important information
Core modules in camera phonesMi A1, Redmi 5, Redmi 5 PlusandRedmi 7are setthe same . Enjoying tested recipes in related topics Talk camera Mi A1 , Discussion camera Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Discussion of the camera Redmi 5 Plus
useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 19.11.19, 12:10
Reason for editing: Gcam 7.0.009 Stable V9

Rep: (482)
Google Camera for Redmi 7

On the mode Google Camera
Google fashion cameras that are discussed in this post, as it turned out, did dearfu24 (Information about it has not yet found). On the page Google Camera Port: fu24 apks you can see his fashion. Later SW. ilieff85 I have done for them xml-configuration file that enables most of the features Google Camera port. Thank you to both of them !!!
Download xml-file configuration, you can post fromilieff85 site XDAAnd apk-file Google camera - from a pagefu24 (Loc. Cit). Or from under the spoilers below.
The configuration file is laid out in two states - as is (for download fromcustomersavagemessiahzine.com), And in a zip archive (download from a browser).
At the moment, the fashion version - six, but perfect - there is no where better then Night Snapshot, somewhere - video, etc. Do gallery quality depends on the firmware version - I do not know, and the answer is not met.
Download:apk Google Camera
Download:configuration xml-file
configuration file to download via the browser (archive):
Attached fileredmi7.zip(1.9 KB)

The configuration file for downloading via the clientsavagemessiahzine.com:
Attached fileredmi7.xml(10.55 KB)
Training
Using a computer
Download to your computer two files: xml-configuration files (archival) apk-file and Google Camera.
Unpack the archive redmi7.zip. Connect your phone to your computer. At the root of the Internal shared storage create subfolders / GCam / Configs / and copy to apk and xml -files.
Attached Image

Without computer
from the customersavagemessiahzine.comdownload the two files to your phone: xml-configuration file (not in the archive) and apk-file Google Camera (permit application for the installation of an external source is not necessary).
Run Explorer вћ” section "FoldersВ» вћ” internal shared storage вћ” three stripes (top left) вћ” вћ” New Folder, enter В«GCamВ» вћ” Ok вћ” GCam вћ” three strips вћ” вћ” enter the new folder В«ConfigsВ» вћ” Ok.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go back to the root of the Internal shared storage вћ” вћ” Download ticked downloaded files вћ” вћ” Move internal shared storage вћ” GCam вћ” Configs вћ” Paste.
Important:if you download the xml-file directly to your phone's web browser - swing in the archive, and already on the phone unpack.
Important:create subfolders / GCam / Configs / manually - optionally - Google Camera will create them after the save.
Installation
Explorer give permission for the installation of "external sources" (formerly known as "unreliable sources" and before that "Unknown sources"):
Settings вћ” Advanced Settings вћ” Privacy вћ” Special Access вћ” вћ” External Sources Explorer вћ” Allow installation of this source вћ” Turn.
Start the Explorer, looking for the copied files, and install Google Camera on your phone.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Run Google Camera вћ” More вћ” Settings вћ” Save Settings вћ” enter any number of English letters вћ” Save.
Returning to the working chamber вћ” twice mariae screen in a dark area beneath the descent in the window chamber вћ” Hit "down arrowВ» вћ” redmi7.xml вћ” Restore.
Animated screenshots can be found here: "Export / Import Settings: .XML ConfigsпїЅ.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

After installation you must restart the phone config (see.commentSW.leakim).
Now apk-file from the phone can be removed and the conductors to prohibit the installation of "external sources".
photo examples
SW.drovosek07atpost of 06.11.2019uploaded a photo for comparison Google Camera is the version that is described in this post.
My contribution looks much more modest:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
video examples
SW.drovosek07shot a video for comparison Google Camera is the version that is described in this post.
Additional materials
Google Camera For Redmi 7(Theme (in English) on the XDA site)
How to Install the Best Google Camera on the Redmi 7?(Article (in English) on the website Android Explained)
Installing the Best Redmi 7 Google Camera Port(Video (in English) on YouTube)
Google camera(Topicsavagemessiahzine.com)

Post has been editedSinister barrier - 25.07.19, 23:30

Rep: (12)
For the version of Google Camera, which is often offered first for the Redmen and had 7 versionD , Has already appeared a couple of updates. At the time of writing this post was a version J . Direct download link:

Download the same withsavagemessiahzine.com:

XML configuration for this version of Google Camera:

All this information is available in the branch onxda-developers on Google-cell in our body:

UPD on 06/06/2019
leakim @ 06.06.19, 10:11*
After installing the xml file it is necessary to restart divays, otherwise it will not take effect and the camera is terribly buggy.

Post has been editedalex Commandor - 06.06.19, 13:21

On 5 Redmi enjoys fashion popular from Arthur to the fifth gkam who are interested, you can try:
Discussion camera Xiaomi Redmi 3S / 4X (Post Arthur # 69906936)- the original fashion
Talk Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Camera (Post Saneklic # 73296487)- pofikshenye version mods for the P5 + should work slow shooting mode 720p, 120fps

Post has been editedbananyxx - 02.06.19, 09:50

Rep: (44)
I have setMGC_6_1_021_xcam6_beta5 With working "Night shooting." Here is the truth ... color reproduction, little leaves in purple. Frankly, I liked the camera Stock more)

* BaBuBuDu,
The purple leaves when shooting at night or not? If it is in night mode, it is normal to have a very Redmi 5 (the same camera modules)

Rep: (44)
bananyxx @ 02.06.19, 10:35*
The purple leaves when shooting at night or not?

Yes, in fact of the matter is that under normal, with good lighting. Not much, but ... drain the color is natural at times.
kartinko_1-stok_2-GCAM
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedBaBuBuDu - 02.06.19, 11:04

Rep: (13)
I put the "J version" with kofigom. Sfotkal night in the room and wait zadolbalsya processing HDR +. I remove this slag.
By the way, a couple of weeks ago put Guglkam of discussion without config, colors as well as in the post above were better in their home, then demolished.
I do not think that redmi 7 need Guglkamera, native shoots better, and the scope and the panorama in Guglkame here do not plow.

* jyra2000 Just as long as there was no sufficient number of suitable ports P7, can try to fashion from Arthur, I threw up

Rep: (0)
Gcam set of instructions from the config. Crashes when doing a photo, tupit when doing photos. How to fix it?

Rep: (1)
Nichrome is also not working properly. Flash hangs. With HDR hangs.

Rep: (41)
LILGANG @ 03.06.19, 23:46*
Crashes when doing a photo, tupit when doing photo

Slows down after you press the shutter release button is yes (about it the night mode), because in the background is a picture processing, but takes off ... I do not have. This camera work, given our strong percent is not much wait. If you do not like the delete, it is not correct

BaBuBuDu @ 02.06.19, 10:50*
Runoff from the natural color at times.

Gkam takes color in shades of red, clearly visible when comparing the
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

But the processing of parts to the Google camera better
GCAM - runoff
Attached Image
Attached Image

drovosek07 @ 5.06.19, 13:56*
Gkam takes color in shades of red
In some ports, camera Google can change the white balance, so that it can be corrected

Rep: (1045)
Sinister Barrier @ 23.04.19, 17:25*
Google Camera for Redmi 7

Need to add:
After installing the xml file it is necessary to restart divays, otherwise it will not take effect and the camera is terribly buggy. HDR image processing + lasts tens of seconds. After rebooting -2-3 seconds.

Actually, I'm not very pleased with the implementation of HDR +. Exposure 9 images takes time and in low light conditions, it is impossible to shoot with it. The picture smeared. We have to HDR +turn off manually.

The drain camera HDR mode takes a little bit worse, but there are 3 pictures removed. This significantly reduces blur. But most importantly, there is a modeauto HDR . In low light, HDR mode is automatically switched off.

Oh and one morebig minus , Pictures can only be stored in the internal memory. For photos it is not as critical as the video, a lot will not thrust into the internal memory. All film ischeslyaetsya dozen gigs.

Post has been editedleakim - 06.06.19, 10:25

Updated Old pro camera, if you want to add something to send me a cap qms is no curator or the complaint asking the moderators.

By the way, is quite interesting, the time, the second camera module, for the blur which is worth the same as the second module at frontalke RN6Pro only other lens. Just this module is for some reason not on OmniVision's official website. : Russian_ru:

* leakim Principle of operation HDR and HDR + totally different and when shooting with HDR + blur is much more difficult to obtain than conventional HDR, the quality of images with HDR + out above.
Fotkal hand-on-15 shots in the R5, the camera module there is the same, only the percent weaker:
Attached Image

This gkam:Attached fileMGC_6.1.021_B-S-G-based_v.0.1_TlnNeun.apk(99.47 MB)

You can work as the wry software under your SOC damp or moist software specifically for the camera, it would be quite surprising, because this unit is quite common in smartphones by Xiaomei and now Redmen: unsure:

Post has been editedbananyxx - 07.06.19, 02:09

Rep: (60)
Overthrew GCam v8.2 testing. My opinion - the best tasted. Especially video. We try, evading.

* barabankin So it is not 8.2, and 5.3. 8.2 - version of the mod, I threw up a link to it, but apparently all proignorili<_<

bananyxx @ 08.06.19, 18:50*
I threw up a link to it, but apparently all proignorili

Bye you, then I think something familiar ... :)

Today climbed to the roof (well, almost), made a comparison on Gcam redmi 7 and its Proshka (pro6plus).
Strange, but unlike Proshka, Google Camera (MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_4lens_V1.3.030119.0645-02d) on Xiaomei refused to do focus on distant objects
Attached Image

We had to make a focus on building
results
Attached Image
Attached Image

I think cool)
Demolished this mod, put GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.2_Fix_R5Plus.apk, but there is a night not found normal gave the following results
Attached Image
Attached Image

Well, nothing special (though one could play around, there was no time)
And this is my Proshka
ISO 200, shutter speed 3sec
Attached Image

ISO 400 shutter speed 3sec
Attached Image

It's a pity there is no tripod)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 03/08/20, 14:18