> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

13 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> ®AFRd | Program for Automatic Frequency Matching (Auto Frame Rate)
anpaza
Message#1
07.04.19, 16:15
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 941
Check in: 02.10.08

AFRd download

Version: 0.3.1

Last update of the program in the header:12.04.2019

Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

For the operation of the program requires root user rights.

Short description:
AFRd switches the frequency of the vertical sweep on Android TV devices based on chipsAmlogic (only Amlogic)

Description:
AFRd is a program for Android TV devices based on chips.Amlogic, which implements the switching frequency of the vertical sweep in accordance with the frame rate of the video being watched. AFRd is not tied to a specific distribution (was tested and works on Android6.0, 7.0, 8.1, 9.0) or a specific chip, and will work on a variety of devices. AFRd is currently tested and works on chip-based ATV devices.S905, S905W, S912, S905X2, S905Y2and also, it is possible that others.

For its work, AFRd uses certain features of the standard Android kernel from AmLogic. However, some "eminent manufacturers" make significant changes to the core, which leads to the inoperability of AFRd.

Therefore, you can find out whether AFRd supports or does not support a specific device, either from the experience of other users or from your own experience. Even if AFRd does not work on your device, nothing terrible will happen - you can always just delete the application.

The program has a large (sometimes it seems that excess) number of settings that will help customize the program for your personal viewing style, and also often allows you to bypass the problems that manifest themselves in your particular combination of home audio-video equipment.

When switching the scan frequency, the screen briefly (1-2, sometimes up to 3-5 seconds) turns off, then turns on with the new frequency. This, unfortunately, is inevitable. AFRd does everything in its power to avoid unnecessary switching and also to make these switching as comfortable as possible for the user.

Android required: 6.0 and higher
Processor required: AmLogic S9xx
Russian interface: Yes

List of incompatible devices
The following devices have found fundamental problems that make it impossible for AFRd to work correctly:
  • Minix Neo U9-H, reason: heavily modified kernel (compared to AmLogic core) (the details). Also, problems are observed with the "ports" of the MINIX firmware to other devices.
  • Ugoos devices on S912 chipsfor a similar reason.

Developer: Andrey Zabolotny, anpaza @savagemessiahzine.com
Homepage: https://github.com/anpaza/afrd

FAQ
What is automatic frequency switching (AFR)? Why do we need this program?
Any video is always shot at a certain frame rate. The "big" movie is traditionally filmed at a frequency of 24 frames per second, the television signal uses 30/60 (NTSC standard) or 25/50 (PAL and SECAM standards) frames per second.

The TV also plays video at a certain frame rate, called the "vertical scanning frequency." Most televisions can work at different vertical scanning frequencies.

If the frequency of vertical scanning is not a multiple of the frame rate of the film, the picture will significantly "twitch", this is especially noticeable on scenes with smooth camera movement. For example, if we watch a movie shot at 24 frames per second on a TV with 60 frames per second scan, the sequence of displaying frames will be something like this:
0 0 0 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 ...

As you can see, the frames are displayed in unequal time: even frames are displayed three times (3/60 seconds), and odd frames - only two times (2/60 seconds). This is the irregularity that catches the eye.

AFR (AFR) is the process of harmonizing the frequency of the vertical sweep with the frame rate of the video being played. In this case, the frequency of the vertical sweep does not necessarily have to be equal to the frequency of the video, the video goes equally smoothly and at a multiple of the sweep frequency. For example, if a movie is shot at a frequency of 30 frames / sec and the TV is working with a 60Hz sweep, each frame will be displayed by 2/60 seconds, which is 1/30 of a second you would get if the frequency of the sweep were 30Hz.
Why do we need the option of choosing between "fractional" and "integer" vertical scanning frequencies?
When determining AFRd, it usually correctly "guesses" the video frame rate (23.976 or 24, and so on), but sometimes it can also "fake". If you always watch movies with "fractional" frequencies, or vice versa - always with "integer" frequencies, you can use this option. But, in general, I recommend using the "auto" option - firstly, AFRd is rarely wrong, secondly, you are very unlikely to see the difference between 24 and 23.976 frames, the frequency incorrectly set at 1/1001 frequency leads to a drop or adding an extra frame once every ~ 41 second.
Nothing works for me! What to do?
Contact the author in PM. Prepare an application log file (not a logcat!) That reflects your problem.

For example - when you start a video, the wrong frequency is set. Open AFRd, turn on the checkbox "Enable log", go to the tab "Log", press the button to clear the log. Exit the application, go to the player, start the video, make sure that the frequency is really not the same. You return to AFRd, disable the log, then copy the file /data/log/afrd.log and send it to me in PM.

If you had to reboot (for example, the prefix hung in a black screen and failed to get it out of this state), after rebooting, you should not take the file afrd.log, but afrd.log ~ (with a tilde at the end). The fact is that when you run afrd, it renames the previous afrd.log to afrd.log ~, so if you send me afrd.log, it will be an empty log created after the reboot.

Do not throw me magazines, analysis of each magazine is 5-10 minutes of my time. Understand only one problem at a time, describe the problem in detail, imagine that I want to reproduce the same problem in myself. I do not recommend collecting events from different applications in one journal, I don’t know at what time what application was running. You can reproduce the same problem in the same application several times in the same magazine.

Changes:
0.3.1 Fri Apr 12 09:31:15 MSK 2019
  • Changed the terms of distribution (license) from "none" to the GPL-3. The full text of the license has been added to the application (on the "About" page).
  • Added the option switch.hdmi, which allows you to control the delay in processing events of the hot connection of an HDMI cable, or disable it altogether.
  • Fixed a bug due to which the current vertical scanning frequency was sometimes incorrectly displayed in the curtain.
  • Added display of the current value when editing settings.
  • Supports switching color spaces on kernels 3.14.29 (Android 6 and 7)!
  • Fixed "black screen" when switching frequencies on devices with built-in HDCP 1.4 keys. For many, this also manifested itself as a "black screen" at system startup.
  • Fixed ignoring frequency switching in some player combinations (for example, HDVideoBox + MX Player) due to the switch.ignore option added in the previous version.

0.3.0 Sun Apr 7 12:54:16 MSK 2019
  • Fixed the possibility of double launch of the daemon.
  • Fixed a number of errors that could lead to the fall of the demon (so he should, unclean force!)
  • Install and configure through the Android application!
  • Notifications fixed on Android 6 and 7
  • New option to display the scan rate after the change.
  • Added mandatory "About" screen.
  • Added the "Frequently Asked Questions" screen.
  • Removed dependency on Android setting key_hdmi_selfadaptation, now there are many other ways to turn off afrd.
  • Significantly improved frame rate recognition algorithm.
  • Added option frhint.vdec.blacklist to ensure that afrd ignore FRAME_RATE_HINT from certain video decoders. This made it possible to solve a long-standing problem on Android 6 and 7 with the H265 codec, which gives a false frame rate.
  • A custom API has been added so that collaborating programs can tell afrd the expected frame rate of the starting video, as well as for other functions (see the documentation).
  • When running, afrd now switches to the root namespace to avoid problems with the option "create namespace separation" in SuperSU (which dummy only translated SuperSU should be "create a separate namespace").
  • Added the switch.ignore option and the equivalent setting in the Android application to ignore video rewind.

0.2.4 Sun Mar 10 18:22:32 2019 +0300
  • New switch.timeout option which sets the timeout for fps video detection attempts.
  • New option fps.blackout, which sets the interval at which the screen will be turned off when you turn on the video, in order to avoid unnecessary clapping.
  • Installer AFRd through System Recovery.

0.2.2 Fri Mar 8 00:34:39 03 03.03
  • Significantly improved recognition of the frame rate of running video.
    • After the start of the video, the afrd waits 300ms.
    • Every 100ms fps is calculated according to data from / sys / class / vdec / dump_vdec_blocks (if any)
    • In parallel, fps is read from / sys / class / vdec / vdec_status
    • If three times in a row the readings of these two parameters coincided with an accuracy of 0.1%, afrd considers that this is a true fps video.

• Implemented supporting kernels from android<= 7.0
  • Added the ability to set the choice of only fractional modes (23.976, 29.97, 59.94), only integer (24, 30, 60) or all through the config.
  • Added the ability to prefer the most accurate update frequency, or vice versa, to prefer multiply higher frequencies (25 -> 50, 30 ->60, etc.).
  • Added handling hot connect / disconnect HDMI.
  • Added option to prohibit the use of certain frequencies.
  • Added ability to select color space, color depth and range of values. Now AFR works in 4k modes.
  • Setting switch.delay.off to 0 disables restoring the original screen mode.
  • Added the switch.delay.retry option to set a pause before retrying to get the video frequency.

0.2.0 Sat Feb 23 02:20:21 2019 +0300
  • Made screen switching frequency by activating the hardware decoder driver. This allows you to work without afrd support in the kernel and brings afrd to the level of a universal tool for all platforms based on new processors from AmLogic.
  • Switching on the FRAME_RATE_HINT event (modified cores and old cores from AmLogic (~ summer-autumn 2017)) remains and has an advantage.
  • I tried to get rid of the clapping screen when rewinding.

0.1.1 Tue Jan 1 17:48:50 2019 +0300
  • Added support for X96 through patches in kernel 4.9 for S905X2.
  • Added support for fractional sweep frequencies (23.976, 29.97, 59.94 Hz).

0.1.0 Sun Aug 20 21:59:45 2017 +0300
  • The first public release of afrd in the composition of the improved kernel for Android TV
  • X92 / S912 prefixes.

Download:
Version: 0.3.1 Attached fileru.cobra.zap.afrd-0.3.1.apk (248.36 KB)

Past versions
Version: 0.3.0 Attached fileru.cobra.zap.afrd-0.3.0.apk (212.58 KB)

Version: 0.2.4 Attached fileUPDATE-afrd-0.2.4.zip (46.5 KB)
(installed via System Recovery)

A bit of history
The first version of the afrd appeared in the summer of 2017. It was highly specialized and worked exclusively with the patched kernel version 3.14, which I built for the X92 device on the AmLogic S912 processor, with Android 6.0.1. Logic was included in the core, which reported the frame rate of the video being launched to any desired user program (it did not exist in the original core yet).

Then this option began to appear in new consoles based on Android 7.0. Thus, various craftsmen began to run afrd on more recent consoles, but without my participation.

In early 2019, I saw the idea of ​​using data from the / sys / class / vdec / vdec_status file to determine the frequency of the video. At one time I tried to use this file for the same, but at that time there was no way to determine that the video itself was running or stopped. Therefore, then this idea was not developed.

Appeared scriptgave impetus to new development of AFRd. After a month of rapid development, version 0.2.4 was born, which was installed via System Recovery. Then, a month later, version 0.3.0 appeared already with the familiar Android interface.

Taking this opportunity, I want to thank all those who participated in the afrd birth of userssavagemessiahzine.comfrom the branch"People" firmware for Android TV set-top boxes on Soc Amlogic S905X2. Without a doubt, without your help, afrd would have turned out much worse, large-scale testing on the pages of the forum made it possible to find and neutralize such problems that would never run on my hardware.

Post has been editedanpaza - 17.04.19, 08:43
gar_alex
Message#2
07.04.19, 16:28
Full cat
[online]

Group: School of Moderators
Messages 14374
Check in: 21.02.11
HTC Desire HD

based on chips S905, S912, S912.
there is no slip?

--------------------
Graduate School of Curators 4
Winner of the Walk of Fame 2018-2019!
Alex-PORT
Message#3
07.04.19, 16:41
Experienced
[online]

Messages 553
Check in: 31.12.12
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005

In addition topost- vdec_status found in the folder / proc / device-tree / vdec /, and the other two files are not located

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 (QS LP 5.0), Nvidia Shield 2017 (7.2.3), X98 Pro 3/32 (ATV based on Minix Neo U9-H FW008)
Roman911
Message#4
07.04.19, 16:57
o_0
[offline]

Messages 1002
Check in: 12.12.08
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4/64

Is it possible to add the item "check for updates" in the program itself ?! That it would be possible to update the program directly and not download the apk files?!
override999
Message#5
07.04.19, 17:01
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1456
Check in: 16.03.17
Sony Xperia Z2

Regarding the use of fractional frequencies: TV has modes, for example, 1080p50 and 1080p60, does it mean better to put "Prefer whole"?

--------------------
Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
CarbonROM 6.1 (Android 8.1.0) Magisk v18.1
PS: Live for a century - read ... readsavagemessiahzine.com
markustoxa
Message#6
07.04.19, 17:07
User
[online]

Messages 83
Check in: 10.09.11
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 WiFi

Why update?
I have version 0.2.0 of the x96max prefix, all the player and programs for iptv ideally switch the frequency on the TV lg ...
If something breaks, you can update the pens yourself.
satsochi20142014
Message#7
07.04.19, 17:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 280
Check in: 18.03.15

On the Y2 process, the picture is smooth, but as I wrote in the next topic, when viewing, there is a mini frieze of the picture, the sound goes without lag. Frequency changes like correct, fractional, and all the cases. But because of what microfreezes would understand ...
anpaza
Message#8
07.04.19, 17:37
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 941

Alex-PORT @ 04/07/19 16:41*
In addition to the message, vdec_status found it in the / proc / device-tree / vdec / folder, and the other two files are not located

It seems that in Minix, they very seriously “worked” on the kernel when they implemented their AFR, while with the root they pulled out everything that could be useful to AFRd :(

With a heavy heart, I have to add Minix Neo U9-H to devices that AFRd does not support in principle: '- (
If you find any attribute in / sys, from which you can somehow calculate the frame rate of the video being played, you can add support to AFRd. For now - alas.

Post has been editedanpaza - 07.04.19, 17:46
anpaza
Message#9
07.04.19, 17:46
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 941

Roman911 @ 04/07/19 16:57*
Is it possible to add the item "check for updates" in the program itself ?! That it would be possible to update the program directly and not download the apk files?!

When my hands reach, I'm going to publish the application inF-Droid repositories. Then you can update in the order of the "common queue" through the repository application.
anpaza
Message#10
07.04.19, 17:57
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 941

override999 @ 04/07/19, 17:01*
Regarding the use of fractional frequencies: TV has modes, for example, 1080p50 and 1080p60, does it mean better to put "Prefer whole"?

A bit of unnecessary theory
On AmLogic fractional frequencies are implemented through the installation of the usual "integer" mode.
In this case, "1" is written to / sys / devices / virtual / amhdmitx / amhdmitx0 / frac_rate_policy, then, say, the mode is set to 1080p60hz.
In this case, the display driver will set the vertical scanning frequency not to 60Hz but 59.94 (similarly, 23.976 will be set instead of 24Hz, instead of 30 - 29.97). If to write in frac_rate_policy "0", then exactly specified "whole" frequency will be established.

When determining AFRd, it usually correctly "guesses" the video frame rate (23.976 or 24, and so on), but sometimes it can also "fake". If you always watch movies with "fractional" frequencies, or vice versa - always with "integer" frequencies, you can use this option.

In general, I do not recommend using the "prefer full / fractional / auto" option in modes other than "auto", but it was implemented for some users who asked for it.
Igoriy905
Message#11
07.04.19, 18:06
User
[offline]

Messages 81
Check in: 31.03.18

Prior to this, I installed afrd via Amlogic Tool Pro. To install ru.cobra.zap.afrd-0.3.0, do I need to uninstall Amlogic Tool Pro or can I have two programs?
rosolovsky
Message#12
07.04.19, 18:08
Old resident
[online]

Messages 1071
Check in: 27.07.12

Thanks for making a separate thread. :) And I will ask, in the properties of iptv streams, it writes a frame rate of 25 fps, but switching the frequency to 25 does not occur. What is the reason?

--------------------
MIUI v7 5.10.8MiuiPro
satsochi20142014
Message#13
07.04.19, 18:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 280

* rosolovsky,

Try setting a daw in the settings to prefer exact frequency matching.
anpaza
Message#14
07.04.19, 18:23
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 941

Igoriy905 @ 04/07/19, 18:06*
Prior to this, I installed afrd via Amlogic Tool Pro. To install ru.cobra.zap.afrd-0.3.0, do I need to uninstall Amlogic Tool Pro or can I have two programs?

You can, just turn off the afrd in the ATP settings. In principle, if AFRd detects a running daemon of the old version, it will pick it up anyway and launch the new version. But what for you this fuss?

Post has been editedanpaza - 07.04.19, 19:14
Igoriy905
Message#15
07.04.19, 18:40
User
[offline]

Messages 81

* anpazaThank.
Just the author of Amlogic Tool Pro wrote that his program is not completely removed, but leaves some files. And I do not understand how and what to clean hands.
satsochi20142014
Message#16
07.04.19, 18:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 280

* anpaza,

I recorded 0 instead of 1 in the file and still gives out the frequency of 59.94 instead of 60 .. what's wrong? :)
anpaza
Message#17
07.04.19, 19:17
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 941

satsochi20142014 @ 04/07/19, 18:49*
I recorded 0 instead of 1 in the file and still gives out the frequency of 59.94 instead of 60 .. what's wrong? :)

afrd doesn't care, he always writes there what he needs before changing the regime.
Igoriy905
Message#18
07.04.19, 19:27
User
[offline]

Messages 81

It works fine, when rewinding it does not switch, unlike ATP, only in LazyMedia Deluxe the picture twitches, it includes all videos in 50 and 60.
kigba
Message#19
07.04.19, 20:18
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1927
Check in: 26.03.11
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

* anpaza
In continuation of this post"People" firmware for Android TV devices X96 Max (Post kigba # 84039061)I will add that this trabl "cured" when turning on the "black" screen before switching the frequency. How did this option "extinguish", so she used, but turned off at the time of use iptv. And with torrent online, this bug appeared. When the blanking is turned on, the bug seems to have disappeared, but with the screen blanking iptv it is unrealistic to watch or to increase the “return” time, which is not a kamilfo for a movie. I am glad that the flexibility of AFD settings allows you to adapt it to your scripts ...
elvis574184
Message#20
07.04.19, 21:11
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2056
Check in: 30.07.13
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

Installed version 0.3.0 tv Samsung 48 H6650 (full HD). The black screen at the first launch of the video remained, I press two times back and wait 10 seconds, then everything is OK!

--------------------
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32Installed Masik X 1.6
oingoboingo
Message#21
07.04.19, 23:04
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 820
Check in: 13.03.17

It turns out that scripts are not needed now, installing afrd via twrp, etc.? Everything will work just through the application?

13 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/19/19 09:06