> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Power consumption (autonomy) OnePlus 6T | Energy talk, tips and cost saving solutions

Rep: (927)
Power consumption (autonomy) OnePlus 6T
Description | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Discussion пїЅ | Official Firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Power consumption (autonomy) пїЅ

• In this topic, we discuss the power consumption of OnePlus 6T on different firmware and with a different set of software and different usage scenarios.
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
  • When writing a message, it is advisable to indicate the Android version, firmware (if installed by custom), the main installed software and a detailed description of the problem.
  • Before you write, readTips to improve power saving devices on Android OS
  • For comparison of the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contactSelection and Comparison.
  • It is highly recommended to readForum Rules.
  • Before posting photos, read the topicWorking with Images on the forum.

Form for putting the results of the battery
1. Firmware (name and version), as well as Gapps (if installed).
2. Kernel (name and version)
3 Network type (2G \ 3G \ 4G (LTE) or auto. Reception quality?
4. If WiFi, bluetooth, NFC was used, indicate this, and you should also indicate the reception quality and operation time.
5. What system software is removed / disabled:
6. Launcher, the presence of widgets:
7. List all the modified kernel settings, you can use the screenshots:
8. Screen brightness: the ratio of% brightness and brightness time \ auto brightness (with a custom auto brightness, it is desirable to have a screenshot).
9. Screen operation, General phone operation
10. Voice calls:
11.% left
12. Sync and backup data:
13. What programs reduced power consumption? (including autostart limiters, taskkilers, network mode management, antiviruses, ad blockers) If you used something similar from the built-in firmware functionality.
14. Indicate how much time you are already using the device or if the battery was changed, then indicate how much time has passed after the replacement.
15. Describe what they did during the measurements (in free form).
16. Screenshots

An extensive example of screenshots(REDIRECT IN ONEPLUS 3T THEME!)

Useful Software

Results and how to achieve them

Post has been editedBaaDNwZ - 22.04.19, 21:55
Reason for editing: corrected links

Rep: (23)
Oneplus 6T | Energy Saving Improvement | Short Guide

Our goal is to get the following battery consumption:
1. With an active screen of 7-10% per hour (i.e. 7-10 hours of ecrane from full charge to ~ 10%)
2. Sleep at night 3-4% for 8 hours when the phone is on or 0.5% per night when you turn off the schedule.
3. Approximately 0.5% per hour in standby mode.

1. Update Google services and store to the latest available version from the branchGoogle Play (Play Market) (Post KEEPERekb # 23810500)
When Jora appears, clearing the cache and rebooting the phone helps.
2. Disable all Google applications in the application settings (Google Music, Google Chrome, Google photos). It is desirable to replace all with analogs.
(Settings - Applications and Notifications - Show all applications - select the desired application - we first stop and then disconnect (you will be prompted to roll back the application to the original version, agree)
Attached Image

Attached Image

3. Remove all rarely used applications.
4. In the battery settings, put a deep optimization and deactivate sleep mode
(Tips - Battery - Battery Saving - "..." - Advanced Optimization)
Attached Image

5. To prohibit everyone, except the bank of clients, instant messengers and the social network, to work in the background.
(Settings - Applications and Notifications - Show all applications - select the desired application - Battery - Restricting work in the background - Restrict
Attached Image

6. Enable traffic savings, too much in the ban
(Shutter down, there is a traffic saving item)
Attached Image

7. All remaining applications update from the store to the latest version.
8. Dark theme - set for all software and system, article in favor of a dark theme on amoledeDoes the dark theme affect autonomy?
Attached Image

9. When you read just articles without pictures, I recommend turning on the reading mode.
(Shutter down, Tap on the label)
Attached Image

10. I recommend disabling location history.
(Settings - Security and Screen Lock - Location - Location History - Disable)
11. I also recommend always using the power saving mode.
(Settings - Battery - Power Saving Mode)
12. Enable deep cleaning applications
(System - Management of recent applications - Deep cleaning)
13. Observe the charging mode of the battery 20-95 / 100, on the cord after 100 we hold for another 10 minutes. Then restart the phone. We exclude the use of the phone on the cord, especially trips with the navigator when charging the phone - this mode kills the battery!
14. Well, "do not disturb and night modes" put on schedule, you can even turn on and off for the night, but I do not bother with this. Overnight more than 8 hours ~ 4% leaves.
15. Do not keep in the background of the application, if you do not need them right now, especially if you do not plan to use for an hour or more.
16. Improving the stability of LTE with the Internet. Settings can be changed through the engineering menu * # * # 4636 # * # *. Further Information about the phone - Configure the preferred type of network - choose LTE / WCDMA (for 4G / 3G only) or LTE \ CDMA \ UMTS auto (auto 4G / 3G / 2G selection by strength) - we can all close the settings menu. By default, the first one is Chinese 3G - it does not work for us.
  • GSM only - only 2G
  • WCDMA only - only 3G
  • LTE only - only 4G
  • WCDMA preferred is the priority of the 3G network, other networks will be available when 3G is lost
  • LTE / WCDMA - 4G in priority, further 3G and all
  • TD-SCDMA - Chinese 3G is not relevant here.
  • CDMA - the standard is not relevant at the moment imho (it was used by the MCC in Moscow, maybe it works on Yota as a successor)
  • UMTS - the same 3G, but with lower speed, is relevant.

17. Enable VoLTE and WiFi CallingVoice-over-LTE (VoLTE) and Wi-Fi Calling (VoWi-Fi) in Russia (Post Kalobok # 75974391)- checked on the MTS SPb works both.
18. Browser tabs, I have often seen people keep 30-50 open tabs in their memory, I recommend not keeping more than 2-5 in memory, but it’s better to close everything before closing the browser. By the way, instead of using regular Google Chrome, I recommend using EDGE - there is a dark theme and in terms of speed it is not inferior to chrome, which is better to disable through settings.

As a result, it will be stable to issue 8-10 hours of screen with two days of operation. In addition to optimization, you need to take care of proper charging and eliminate the installation of unnecessary applications.

The post is updated as new features improve optimization.

The above are ways to configure power saving, which you can fully or partially use on your OnePlus 6T devices; a lot can be done for OnePlus 6. Everyone chooses their own config, shares with you what I use myself.

I hope we will have a branch - Energy saving for OP6T and the post will be transferred there.

Energy saving results
Attached Image
Attached Image

Version 8/128, firmware Beta 04.

Post has been editedZloynavseh - 24.02.19, 21:01
Reason for editing:

Rep: (22)
Keeps 7-8 hours of screen operation, wifi, gps, bluetooth, nfc always keep it on, drain without root and without any tinctures to save battery. As for me, for such a device, autonomy is good.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (6)
Yesterday I started my experiment in which I did not play as part of the exception: D
In such results after a day, night and part of the morning. There are many applications and therefore many are limited in background, Google is not particularly limited. Mobile Internet, bluetooth is constantly enabled except for the night, nfc and gps work without rest. General power saving settings are turned off. Firmware stock oxygen, the latest update for the current day.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedmike_config - 30.03.19, 16:44

Rep: (2289)
M
The topic has been moved to the "Personal experience пїЅ

Rep: (3)
* mike_config , cool))

Rep: (100)
I will be like everyone else. Here are my figures.
Phone rutovan + magic + modules.
I use in principle actively.
Constantly wifi, 4g, Bluetooth + bracelet Huawei band3 + meizu Bluetooth headphones.
Attached Image
Attached Image

And still would have lasted a little

Rep: (78)
That's what happened all day from 7 am without recharging + games:
Attached Image

Post has been editedkirill22092 - 09.04.19, 01:09

Rep: (6)
kirill22092 @ 04/04/19, 0:41*
+ games:
Immediately write that easy games, because pabg lands Akum in front of his eyes

Rep: (92)
Hello. Tell me, is it possible, like on Oxigen, to disable the location by satellites leaving only the definition over the network? He was eating a gps battery, always disconnecting it on past devices, leaving it only over the network, and here he didn’t find such a setting.

Rep: (132)
* Booom100,
This innovation is Android 9 altogether removed over the network, so alas.

* Booom100 , can. Download the Tiles app, there you can directly make a tile for this.
Off / network / gps / all sources.
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedBaaDNwZ - 12.04.19, 00:29

* valdt , the settings as such are not.
But you try to change the location mode as I described above and use the application that requires the gps satellite.
Tell the result :)

* valdt UV
You try it. I will not argue anymore ... I will repeat only once more - the item is VISUALLY removed, but the setting is still relevant.

* BaaDNwZ,
I don’t argue with you either ... it’s easy if you turn off a more accurate location in the settings for example and then turn it on through tilos, the network coordinates and some other settings that don’t work through tilos also turn on, for example, double tap in the case of connecting via network definition, the tylos is just misleading.
Such an experiment: we stop the application with the card by stopping the button, then through Tilles we turn on the zhpc-works there is such a setting in the system, then, again the cards are stopped, through Tilles we turn on all sources, it works in the system, again the cards are stopped through Tilles by the network coordinates and see that the maps do not react to the network coordinates via Tilles.
My petition for oftop, but since such a “dispute” arose, I showed on facts and examples that everything must first be dealt with and then asserted.

Post has been editedvaldt - 12.04.19, 08:38

Rep: (809)
* valdt,
Download the application that shows which satellites the phone is connected to. :)

* SpY311,
We kind of talked about connecting the location over cellular networks and that in the 9th Android, by default there is only either GPS or all sources, and that the coordinates of the network no longer have such a location option. And for some reason you are talking about zhps.

* valdt,
They gave you a way to create a shortcut using Tiles.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

As you can see - 0 satellites, but the location shows an approximate.

Post has been editedSpY311 - 12.04.19, 12:31

* SpY311,
Yes, I do not need ways to carefully read my posts, since you decided to intervene. I clearly wrote what I mean.

* valdt,
The person needed the location to be determined only by the network (and the GPS was turned off). I provided information on how to do this and check.

* valdt , HC. * SpY311 , I showed everything correctly ... I wanted to do it myself, I was just busy.

In short, what I said is true - the lack of a configuration item does not mean the absence of a function.

Have a nice weekend)

And if you still want to chat on this topic, go to the club:}

"When we are in a club, chicks are dancing .."

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.23.19, 12:47