> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung SM-A405 Galaxy A40 - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.9 "/ 1.8GHz / 4GB RAM

Rep: (5)
DiscussionSamsung SM-A405 Galaxy A40
PictureGalaxy A40
Description | Discussion »

Specifications:
CPU: Exynos 7904 (14 nm), Octa-core (2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 + 6x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53), graphics Mali-G71 MP2
Operating system: Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI shell
Memory: 4 GB / 64 GB, dedicated microSD slot up to 512 GB
Screen: 5.9 inches, Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5: 9 ratio, pixel density 437 ppi
Battery: Li-Po 3100 mAh, there is a fast charge function
Main camera: 16 MP, f / 1.7, PDAF + 5 MP, f / 2.2, 12mm, (ultra wide angle)
Front camera: 25 MP, f / 2.0
Sim card: 2 Nano-SIM
Network and data transmission: GSM 900/1800/1900, 3G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, 2.4 GHz + 5.0 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM-radio, USB Type-C, NFC, 3.5 mm jack
Sensors: accelerometer, fingerprint scanner, gyro sensor, geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, light sensor, presence sensor
Materials: glass and fiberglass
Dimensions: 144.4 x 69.2 x 7.9 mm, weight 140 g
Screen protection : FN version produced through February 2019 - Asahi Glass Dragontrail.
All that later - Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
On the FM version, only Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Head SAR 0.49 W / kg
SAR for torso 1.34 W / kg

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Additional Information:
The smartphone has a 5.9-inch Super AMOLED display with an Infinity-U cutout and a resolution of 2280x1080 pixels. The fingerprint scanner, unlike the older A-series models, did not fit under the screen - the manufacturer placed it on the back cover of the smartphone.

The hardware stuffing includes an eight-core Exynos 7904 mobile processor with a maximum clock frequency of 2.2 GHz. graphics chip Mali-G71 and 4 GB of RAM. Built-in storage capacity - 64 GB, installation of microSD memory cards is supported. Battery capacity is 3100 mAh, supported by fast charging.

The rear camera is represented by two sensors: the main one with 16 megapixels and the extra wide 5 megapixel sensor with an aperture of f / 2.2. The resolution of a single self-module is 25 megapixels. The smartphone has a 3.5mm audio jack, a USB Type-C port, an NFC module and a combo tray for two SIM cards. The operating system uses Android 9.0 Pie.

The start of sales of new items in black, white, blue and orange colors of the case is expected on April 10.
Firmware
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedjackson84 - 08.09.19, 18:52
Reason for editing: Service firmware SER-A405FMPUU2ASG2

Rep: (31)
* Zvezdunov , dear, everything suits.

Rep: (14)
I reset, and sams again auto-updated.

A reset should not remove updates ... Or is it not?

This device is only planning to purchase. I read you.

* Evgeny1973 , that's right, the reset does not roll back the system update, but the applications from samsa are automatically updated, yes. You need to go to the store from the Samsung and turn it off.

Rep: (28)
* Zvezdunov, I use my native camera and everything suits.

Rep: (14)
here are applications from samsa auto-update

In past samsungs (Galaxy Ace 2, J -1, J-4), I generally turned off the Samsung store, like ballast, is it directly needed on this phone?

* Evgeny1973 , in principle, no. Well, I use it, I like the browser, mail for example, and so you decide.

Post has been editedanasazi78 - Today, 18:07

Rep: (38)
Samsung A405FM review:

A couple of weeks ago I bought at a sale on AliExpress Tmall for 13 thousand. Original, SER for Russia ... there is no claim to Tmall.
I bought as a second additional phone and the need to have Samsung Pay mst. This model is small and I have everything I need. Of course, the Samsung shell after Xiaomi seems awful and uncomfortable, but you get used to it in a couple of days.
In general, I liked the device. Everything that was written in this negative topic is not entirely fair. You just need to understand what and why you are buying, and be able to customize.
The device itself is small convenient, the fingerprint scanner works quickly, but it is difficult to find it (if there is no cover), merges with the body. Unlocking the face is also fast, convenient. Cameras for the public sector are quite normal. If you turn off the animation and unnecessary trash (so far disabled 35 apk), then everything works quickly. (toys slow down, it is not for games). Charging fast + Type-C = pleases. Gesture management of course after Xiaomi is so-so, but you get used to it quickly and also plus since the useful screen area is larger. The sound of the speaker is loud for me, there is no claim. The presence of two sim and sd is also a plus. GPS - works fast.
The network catches weaker (compared to my Xiaomi mi MIX 2S) it is always less by one division even in the city. But this is not particularly annoying. I have not experienced any problems yet.
4G - speed as on other devices, no problem. (I have not used two sims yet).
There are not enough of some small things that Xiaomi has (traffic speed for example) but not critical.
Conclusion: more pros than cons. If you are not very demanding on the phone and you do not need very much from it, then you can take it. (I personally like the additional device - everything suits me. IF the price is not more than 13t, IT MORE IT DOES NOT WORTH). If you do not need SPay specifically, then for the money you can buy a much more powerful phone ...... You decide of course ...

P. S. it’s not clear why, when installing different applications for quick screen lock (widget or double tap), then you can only unlock it with a picture / password (fingerprint and face do not work). But in the settings there is an auxiliary menu, a floating widget, and in it you can have a screen turn off, a screenshot ... is also not bad.

Rep: (1088)
why they didn’t do it before, and didn’t buy what they analyzed. So everyone was taught how to choose the right one. But they themselves bought it too
You rather than poison spray, better read what Ireally wrote here. If so, it’s boring for you. Desirable in chronological order. What followed. What happened first, and then what. In order not to distort. And do not ascribe to me what I have not written. And do not distort what was written. Respect yourself at least.

All the best to everyone! :savagemessiahzine.com: The world is small, we will meet in other topics.

Rep: (81)
Love @} ->-- @ 15.09.19, 22:27 *
All the best to everyone! :savagemessiahzine.com: The world is small, we will meet in other topics.

Scat!

* Love @} ->-- I hope not, but you bought a40 and then saw the light ...

Post has been editedanasazi78 - Today, 18:49

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 18:55