> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

> ONYX BOOX MAX 2 PRO [Android] | [13.3 "] [E-Ink Carta] [2200 x 1650] No
vaino123
Message#1
04.03.19, 13:40
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 4
Check in: 18.02.11
ONYX BOOX MAX 2

ONYX BOOX MAX 2 PRO

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Device Description:The first e-book reader with display function
Specifications
Operating system:Android
Screen Type:E-ink carta
Screen size, inches: 13,3"
Screen resolution:2200 x 1650
Touch screen:Yes
Built-in lights:Not
Supported text formats:EPUB DRM, EPUB, PDF DRM, PDF, FB2, TXT, DJVU, HTML, DOC, RTF, CHM
Supported graphic formats:JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF
Audio support:Yes
RAM, mb .: 4000
Built-in memory, mb .: 64000
Memory Card Support:Not
Bluetooth support:Yes
Wi-Fi support:Yes
Text-to-Speech support:Yes
Battery capacity, mAh: 4100
Sizes, mm (Sh x V x T):237x325x7.5
Weight, gr .: 550
Other:- E Ink Monitor
- Dual touch controls
- Ability to connect a keyboard and headphones with a Bluetooth interface
Products webpage: https://onyxboox.com/boox_maxpro
vaino123
Message#2
04.03.19, 19:21
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
ONYX BOOX MAX 2

My impressions of the device after two weeks of working with it.

In short:

���������� ���������� ��������������� ����������� ������ download

, therefore, it is imported into Europe in a roundabout way through England, which with one foot seems to be still in Europe, and the other is no longer there.

Since 2018, only two models on the European market are presented: Note and MAX. I was interested in a 13.3-inch device, since for about 8 years I’ve been adjusting to a 9.7-inch EnTourage eDGe device, on which it is possible to read PDF files in ACM format (format for scientific articles) only in the “landscape” mode, which is completely inconvenient.
I purchased this device through Amazon. The first attempt was unsuccessful, because instead of a new device they sent the used one. The second attempt was also unsuccessful, instead of the promised 4 GB of RAM, 2 GB were installed. The third device did not have an HDMI output. It should have stopped here, but a device with such a large screen size first hit the European market. Therefore, I decided to try my luck for the fourth time. For the fourth time I was lucky, a brand-new box sealed in cellophane came with a device not yet used and a fully functional iron.

Immediately made an update for the February update and got to work. Next, I will describe the problems of this device, because most of the reviews on youtube were made by traders, and they usually do not like to talk about problems.

About working with software:
  • I’ll start with the most serious error that quite often occurs in the “note” application and is not consistent with European standards on maintaining the confidentiality of customer data. If you erase an old note and create a new one on top, some parts of the old one may appear during the creation of a new note, as shown in this videohttps://streamable.com/ydy7n. What happened to me. When I provided the client with a compiled estimate for the painting, he only attached a pen, as the painting of the previous client appeared on top. Which caused him great surprise. Such failures in software can not only scare customers, but also have legal consequences. Therefore, if you erased something in a note, do not use it anymore, create a new one under a different name. And it’s better not to use the “note” application at all for this kind of activity. Which I decided for myself. This error, according to reviews on the ONYX forum, has been known for about a year, but so far it has not been fixed. Probably, until someone sues them, nothing will happen.
  • The note application also has problems erasing lines and notes, as this video demonstrates.https://streamable.com/s2egy. The problem is not in the pen, I have three pens from different devices, with all the same problems in this application. I have to take notes on Samsung Note quite a bit. I have never encountered such problems.
  • In the reader "Neo Reader" (own development ONYX) every now and then there are problems with erasing notes. As this video demonstrateshttps://streamable.com/02p3d. And there are many different small issues that are not worth mentioning.

About battery life:
  • In PDF reading mode, with WiFi, Bluetooth turned off and without using a pen, about 20 hours of work (5% per hour).
  • If you use the device as a typewriter, 8-10 hours is enough.
  • When WIFI is on, the battery sits right before your eyes, for about 5-6 hours. And if you use this device to watch the video for about 2 hours.
  • The month promised by the manufacturer without recharging is enough for you if you read 30 minutes every day. So in this case, it is more reasonable to print on a printer.

Using the device as a monitor:

I usually use a Notebook with a resolution of 3000x2000 and I can work on it continuously for 6-8 hours, but when I use this device as a monitor, my eyes are tired after an hour of work. I tried all the resolution settings recommended by Onix, and decided for myself not to use this device as a monitor anymore.

Conclusion:
This device is perfect only for reading PDF documents and for those who know how to make comments without their subsequent corrections. If you have to read a lot in PDF format, then despite the huge number of shortcomings, this is an uncontested device at the moment. I especially liked the built-in ability to change the contrast of the text and the very convenient cropping of the edges of the document. If SONY DPT-RP1 had these capabilities, I would certainly take it.
Zomba
Message#3
20.03.19, 12:39
User
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 65
Check in: 22.09.08
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F

Good day! Thanks for the tip, I’m considering a device for purchase (only non-pro version). How do you think, how "accustomed" is the work in monitor mode with the delays that occur when working with the mouse?

Post has been editedZomba - 20.03.19, 12:41
vaino123
Message#4
22.03.19, 00:33
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
ONYX BOOX MAX 2

Good day! If you initially consider delays as an integral feature of this device, then I think you get used to them pretty quickly. The main problem of using this device as a monitor lies, in my opinion, in the fact that gray tones convey the color gamut of the operating system rather poorly, you have to strain your eyes to recognize the image on the screen, which leads to their rapid fatigue. The hardware of this device is excellent, an e-ink display alone costs $ 500. If onix engineers had finalized the software, then I would not regret 5 stars on Amazon. At the moment, there are more errors in the software than holes in Swiss cheese.
axelmo
Message#5
Yesterday, 14:00
Visitor
[online]

Group: Active users
Messages 16
Check in: 09.04.09

Vaino123 @ 03/04/19, 19:21*
Using the device as a monitor:

I usually use a Notebook with a resolution of 3000x2000 and I can work on it continuously for 6-8 hours, but when I use this device as a monitor, my eyes are tired after an hour of work. I tried all the resolution settings recommended by Onix, and decided for myself not to use this device as a monitor anymore.

I work as a novice programmer. I have to google a lot of different information, respectively, to read a lot. When I write the code, everything is normal with the eyes, when it comes to a long reading of the text, my eyes begin to hurt. If you use this e-book as a second monitor, i.e. on one you work on the second you read what say?
PS: I only recently found out about the problem in monitors, blue cut computer glasses, and in general I took care of this topic so as not to kill my eyes.
vaino123
Message#6
Yesterday 21:35
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
ONYX BOOX MAX 2

Good day! I will assume that you, like many, were impressed with this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSv0g-pYMAkon youtube. But intuition tells you that you are being deceived. You have good intuition, it did not disappoint you! This video was shot by a professional, good camera, with special lighting, and also professionally processed in addition. In fact, the picture is much worse. This topic is of concern to many, so I took it today on a mobile phone without backlight, in normal daylighthttps://streamable.com/xducx. This is a real unprocessed picture. The colors are rather faded, the fonts are nibbled, you have to strain your eyes when reading, which quickly tires them. I would advise you to use the browser built into the device for reading. He is pretty smart and the picture quality is excellenthttps://streamable.com/8vn8g , https://streamable.com/18qtj

P.S.: I have been using this device for about two months, I am satisfied with the quality of the reader, I even read newspapers, which previously could not be done at 10 '. The rest of the functionality, including the pen function, is not finalized, with many bugs, but an insanely interesting idea.
axelmo
Message#7
Today 04:50
Visitor
[online]

Group: Active users
Messages 16
Check in: 09.04.09

And you can connect a mouse with a keyboard to the USB device, i.e. work with clean android?
Is it possible to use in the built-in browser in landscape orientation? In monitor mode, can be used in landscape orientation?

mobile version    Now: 04/11/19, 04:59