fb2pdf - Library organization on PC / reader | PC Applications [Other]

Rep: (0)
fb2pdf - Organization of a library on a PC / reader | PC applications

Discussion of the converter was originally conducted onthe-ebook.org(resource closed from March 1, 2019)

Description
Download
Help
Installation
    Unzip somewhere ...

Settings
    Settings in file /data/stylesheet.json .
    Initially configured for the Sony Reader PRS-505.

Requirements
    It requires the latest Java installed to work. Check Java Version

On Win x64 recommendedput two versions of Java, 32-bit and 64-bit.

It’s possible to use a portable version instead of a full Java installationjPortable

Launch
    The simplest startup option for Windows users is to drag and drop a * .fb2 or * .fb2.zip file (or a folder containing such files) into Windows Explorer and drop it onto fb2pdf.cmd. It may also be called simply fb2pdf if you have Windows Explorer configured to "hide known file extensions." Such an icon with a gear ...

Linux + Gnome users can launch the converter by dragging the * .fb2 or * .fb2.zip file onto the "launcher". An example of "launcher" is included in the archive, this is a text file fb2pdf.desktop (Gnome will hide the extension .desktop, so that it will look just fb2pdf, such an icon with a spring ...). Before using it should be edited, replacing the path to fb2pdf.sh

Run from the command line:
    usage: fb2pdf [-h] [-s styles] [-l<log>] [-e<log>] <input>[-r] [<output>]
    Examples:
    fb2pdf test.fb2
    fb2pdf "c: \ My Books"
    fb2pdf test.fb2 mybook.pdf
    fb2pdf -s data \ myStylePart1.json -s data \ myStylePart2.json
    test.fb2
    fb2pdf -l my_log.txt -e cp866 test.fb2
    -e, - encoding<arg>Log's encoding (default is cp1251)
    -h, - help Show usage information and quit
    -l, - log<arg>Log creation
    -o, - overwrite Overwrite existing pdf files
    -r, - recursive Process subdirectories
    -rt, - rotate<Rotation>90, 180 or 270
    -s, - stylesheet<PATH>Stylesheet file
    -t, - twoup Create two-up pdf

For Linux users - fb2pdf.sh

GUI

Known bugs
Potential improvements
Specifications
Operating system: Other
Screen Type: Other
Screen size, inches: Any"
Screen resolution: Any
Touch screen: Yes
Built-in lights: [Backlight]
Supported text formats: PDF, FB2
Audio support: Yes
RAM, mb .: Any
Built-in memory, mb .: Any
Memory Card Support: Yes
Bluetooth support: Yes
Wi-Fi support: Yes
Text-to-Speech support: Yes
Battery capacity, mAh: Any
Sizes, mm (Sh x V x T): Any
Weight, gr .: Any
Products webpage: http://fb2pdf.vikz.info

Post has been editedfb2pdf-j - 27.02.19, 00:08

Rep: (5)
This is written by a former knigophil from a former the-ebook. Trying to calculate screen sizes in millimeters for Kindle Oasis 2018 (1680x1264px, 300 ppi).
I remember that you need to create two test pdfs - a strip in height and a strip in width so that they fit entirely on the screen.
But I don’t remember what to do next.
Tell me please.

Rep: (616)
* flugbottom Pythagoras’s tower helps a lot.

upd soppsna, it is not even needed - there is a size in pixels vertically and horizontally. there are the number of pixels per inch. everything. if millimeters are needed - multiply by 25.4

Post has been editedStopkin - 04.03.19, 07:34

Alas, this is not so.
Kindle places the screen only on part of the screen space, that is, it makes artificial margins on all sides of the page.
As a result, the maximum pdf page size is smaller than the screen size. This is the size that needs to be established experimentally.

Post has been editedflugbottom - 04.03.19, 08:24

Rep: (253)
Flugbottom @ 03/04/19, 04:13*
what to do next, I don’t remember.

Take a screenshot, in some editor, find out the exact number of points for the selected measurement, calculate the total inches / mm per pixel, calculate the width / height of the displayed part in mm ...

Kaznelson @ 03/03/19, 9:36 p.m.*
Take a screenshot, in some editor, find out the exact number of points for the selected measurement, calculate the total inches / mm per pixel, calculate the width / height of the displayed part in mm ...

I already did this all and got dubious results: 84.825x106.227 which is less than what is contained in stylesheet.json from 2016 for Voyage: 86.021x115.485
In desperation, I took k2pdfopt, processed the existing pdf (journal article) with access to Oasis, and in Adobe Reader I looked at the size of the output page. Got 93.218x123.444.
I substituted these sizes in fb2pdf and got quite a decent result.
Maybe it all depends on the size of the bands in the test files? I did 250mm in height and 200mm in width.

Flugbottom @ 03/04/19, 08:55*
got dubious results: 84.825x106.227 which is less than what is contained in stylesheet.json from 2016 for Voyage

For a seven-inch Oasis, forehead calculation gives a screen size of ~ 142.24x107.02 mm. IMHO, from this it is difficult to get the displayed area less than Voyage ...;)

Flugbottom @ 03/03/19, 17:13*
Trying to calculate screen sizes in millimeters for Kindle Oasis 2018 (1680x1264px, 300 ppi).
I remember that you need to create two test pdfs - a strip in height and a strip in width so that they fit entirely on the screen.
But I don’t remember what to do next.

https://sites.google.com/site/fb2pdfj/faq#TOC--5

Rep: (616)
Flugbottom @ 03/04/19, 07:23*
Alas, this is not so.
what do you call a yachtas the question was posed, the answer was given
Flugbottom @ 03/04/19, 03:13*
calculate dimensionsscreen in millimeters

Thanks to everyone who answered about the pdf page size of the Kindle Oasis 2018.
I only clarify that a screenshot of the screen with stripes needs to be sprinkled to remove the white background.
So, the size of the pdf page (portrait): 1580 x 1194 px. The size of one pixel at 300 ppi = 25.4 mm / 300 = 0.0847 mm.
In millimeters, page size: 133.783 x 101.092 mm.

Post has been editedflugbottom - 05.03.19, 09:26

Rep: (1)
2fb2pdf-j

On the pagehttps://sites.google.com/site/fb2pdfjThere is a link "Forum", leading to the deceased in the Bose the-ebook.

Perhaps it makes sense to replace the current? :)

OVG_at_F @ 03/05/19, 10:26*
On the pagehttps://sites.google.com/site/fb2pdfjThere is a link "Forum", leading to the deceased in the Bose the-ebook.

Oh, one more. Thanks, replaced.

Rep: (144)
It is sad that the e-book forum has died. Therefore, I will try to ask here. Is it possible somehow, having a converted pdf, to determine the page settings (width, height and font size)? There are still a few pdfs converted by the necessary parameters, but the converter itself was lost when reinstalling the OS, as were the parameters. It does not work to find the desired values.

Rep: (1)
You can - in any decent PDF editor or put the book somewhere, I'll see

Tell me how to fix it.
After converting to PDF and uploading to a book:
A foreign author in the library is displayed in English, the title of the book in transliteration.

Optional but would also like to fix:
I put footnotes in the settings at the bottom of the page, they are formed both at the bottom of the page and at the end of the book.
I would like to leave only at the bottom of the page.

How to remove bulbs at the beginning of a paragraph?

There are two files in the converter settings, is it possible to create a second dark theme (white letters, on a black background) and switch to it if necessary when reading on the reader.

https://sites.google.com/site/fb2pdfj/reference

A foreign author in the library is displayed in English, the title of the book in transliteration.
transliterateMetaInfo

I put footnotes in the settings at the bottom of the page, they are formed both at the bottom of the page and at the end of the book.
bodiesToRender

How to remove bulbs at the beginning of a paragraph?
bodyDropCap- empty value

There are two files in the converter settings, is it possible to create a second dark theme (white letters, on a black background) and switch to it if necessary when reading on the reader.
secondPassStylesheet

Post has been editedfb2pdf-j - 15.07.19, 18:40

secondPassStylesheet

I did everything except the night theme.
A black background with white letters is obtained. But I have this, as it were, another copy of the book placed after the usual version. However, I can’t understand how -"To" switch "between the two book options, a section is added to the content that allows you to quickly jump from the current page to the corresponding page of the second option."I do not see such a section in the content.

At the same time, I can’t understand how - "To" switch "between two book options, a section is added to the content that allows you to quickly switch from the current page to the corresponding page of the second option." I do not see such a section in the content.

Animation under the spoiler (click to view full image):

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedfb2pdf-j - 16.07.19, 18:31

Rep: (6)
Tell me how to make small letters on the top of each page: the title of the book on the left and the title of the chapter on the right. and below the current page and the rest of the book?

on each page on top wrote in small print
Take a look at the header (header ) here:
https://sites.google.com/site/fb2pdfj/reference

I have for the author / title on the left and the page on the right:
header: {
enabled: "true",
dynamic: "true",
skipBeforeSection: "true",
addHeightToMargin: "true",
chapterTitle: "replace (string-join (ancestor-or-self :: section / title // * [name ()! = 'a'] / text (), '.'), '([^ \\ s \ \ w]) \\. ',' $ 1 ') ",
leftOdd: {
style: "headerLeft",
border: 2,
borderColor: "0x000000",
query: "fb: cut-right ($ authorFirstLastName, 75)"
},
centerOdd: {
enabled: "false"
},
rightOdd: {
style: "headerRight",
query: "$ pageNum"
},
leftEven: {
query: "fb: cut-right ($ bookTitle, 75)"
},
centerEven: {
enabled: "false"
},
rightEven: {
}
},

bottom of the current page and the rest of the book?
Footer for footnotes only. The total number of pages is not counted.

Post has been editedkaznelson - 08.08.19, 20:33

As12sa @ 08/08/19, 10:14*
Tell me how to make small letters on the top of each page: the title of the book on the left and the title of the chapter on the right. and below the current page and the rest of the book?

1. Below you can’t do anything. Only on top.

2. The remaining pages can not be done in any way. Only current.

3. Please see the directory here:https://sites.google.com/site/fb2pdfj/reference
In particular, with a description of the parameterheader

4. Please see an example of the application of the parameterheader in the standard settings from the delivery. Turned on by
enabled: "true"

5. Try the following settings option:
header: {
dynamic: "true",
skipBeforeSection: "true",
addHeightToMargin: "true",
// chapterTitle: "(ancestor-or-self :: section) [2] / title // * [name ()! = 'a'] / text ()",
// chapterTitle: "string-join (ancestor-or-self :: section / title [.// text () [matches (., '[^ \\ d \\ s]')]] // * [name ()! = 'a'] / text (), '.') ",
chapterTitle: "replace (string-join (ancestor-or-self :: section / title // * [name ()! = 'a'] / text (), '.'), '([^ \\ s \ \ w]) \\. ',' $ 1 ') ",
leftOdd: {
border: 2, // TOP = 1; BOTTOM = 2; LEFT = 4; RIGHT = 8; NO_BORDER = 0; BOX = TOP + BOTTOM + LEFT + RIGHT;
borderColor: "0x000000",
// There are predefined variables $ bookTitle, $ authorFullName, $ authorLastName, $ authorFirstLastName, $ authorFirstInitialLastName, $ authorAllInitialsLastName
// There are predefined dynamic variables $ pageNum, $ chapterTitle
// There are predefined custom functions fb: cut-right (string, length) fb: cut-left (string, length)
// There are standard xquery functions http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/xpath_functions.asp
// query: "string-join (($ authorFirstLastName, $ bookTitle), ',')"
query: "fb: cut-right ($ bookTitle, 30)"
},
centerOdd: {
style: "headerCenter",
border: 2,
},
rightOdd: {