OnePlus 7 - Discussion | Smartphone, 6.41 "

Rep: (1232)
DiscussionOneplus 7
Picture-
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Discussion OnePlus 7 PRO пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ

Specifications:
Dimensions : 74.8 x 157.7 x 8.2 mm
Weight : 182 g
SoC : Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
CPU : 1x 2.84 GHz Kryo 485, 3x 2.42 GHz Kryo 485, 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 485
Graphics processor : Qualcomm Adreno 640
RAM : 6 GB, 8 GB, 2133 MHz
Internal memory : 128 GB, 256 GB
Screen : 6.41 in, Optic AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 24 bit
Battery : 3700 mAh, Li-polymer (Lithium Polymer)
Operating system : Oxygen 9.0 (Android 9.0 Pie)
Camera : 8000 x 6000 pixels, 3840 x 2160 pixels, 60 frames / sec
SIM card : Nano-SIM
Wi-Fi : a, b, g, n, n 5GHz, ac, Dual band, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
USB : 3.1, USB Type-C
Bluetooth : 5.0
Navigation : A-GPS, GPS (L1 + L5), GLONASS (L1), BeiDou (B1), Galileo (E1 + E5a)
Equipment :
* Charging Dash Charge 20
* Type-C Cable (Support USB 2.0)
* Hyde to get started
*Welcome letter
* Security information and warranty card
* Stickers
*Silicone Case
* Protective film (on device)
* Clip for SIM tray
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Rep: (42)
* wotspb , better wait, if the old phone is not too tired, there will obviously be a drowned man at the first serious contact with water, and a new generation of scanner under the screen will most likely be delivered, and they will do something else with the camera

Rep: (8)
* Zzzjm
Seriously? Even the Seven did not come out, and you already advise 7t to wait? In this case, even the leak specifications were not to talk about the old scanner and the mediocre camera.
upd: well, why do you think that 7 will not be a breakthrough? look at the difference of 6 and 6 tons, in general, it is minimal, if a company with a single flagship for 3 generations in a row produces the same smartphone, then to put it mildly, it will negatively affect sales and audience loyalty

Post has been editedAPTEMKA7 - 06.03.19, 03:54

APTEMKA7 @ 03/06/19 03:45*
Why do you think that 7 will not be a breakthrough?

At least for several reasons (if you believe the leaks):
1) Retractable camera.
2) Refusal of wireless charging.
3) Refusal of IP68 due to the first item.
3) Cameras. There were a lot of different leaks here, but none of them pleased. In one, they promised not to use the 48MP module from Sony and simply attach them to the current two ToFs, in the other they promised to install 48 + 5 modules, which indicates the absence of wide and zoom, which is also very sad.
4) Most likely there will not be 5G in the normal version, but in some elite version it will be named after the cars (with a corresponding price tag, which, I'm afraid, will not be limited to just an extra $ 100).

As a result, we get the following differences from 6T:
1) 855 snap instead of 845.
2) Most likely more memory in the maximum versions.
3) Most likely the battery is bigger, because recently there has been a tendency to increase batteries.
4) Perhaps a better scanner.
5) 21: 9 screen. Plus it or a minus - solve. I personally like it.
6) A camera that is slightly better than in 6T, because the modules remain the same and as a result we are sitting with three modules but without an elementary width and normal zoom. Or even worse, we sit with two modules, one of which is 5MP.

While it does not pull on a breakthrough.

A breakthrough will be if leaks about the retractable camera are fake, in all versions of the phone there will be 5G, if there is a 21: 9 screen and at the same time they completely change the camera and not leave the old one and add one any module to it. With this situation, even the lack of IP68 and wireless charging is ready to forgive.

Again, without a normal announcement, this is all fortune-telling on the coffee grounds and I will be very happy if all these leaks are fiction.

Post has been editedGreedsy - 06.03.19, 05:47

Rep: (39)
* Greedsy
Here again, only thoughts. Then I suppose my own scenario, more innovative
1) retractable camera
2) Wireless charging, just will not.
3) IP68 will be, but not stated so as not to raise the cost of the device, it can and will be the main innovation in the compartment with the 1st point.
4) It is possible that there will be an ultrasound (if the warehouses with the old ones are empty)
5) 3rd camera with a width, and now this is a huge + as for me.
As for 5G, I don’t know in which country you live (no desire to watch, sorry), but for Russia (not Moscow or St. Petersburg, they don’t count), this 3-4 year technology will not be relevant at all. We have 4G is not yet in token quality. Well, this is all IMHO.

Post has been editedSlaik89 - 06.03.19, 07:10

Slaik89 @ 03/06/19 7:09*
IP68 will be, but not stated so as not to raise the cost of the device, it can and will be a major innovation
and 6T is not right now? ;)

* qwertuk,
That's right, I think the script will be the same here.
Looks like our donor OPPO F11 Pro

Post has been editedSlaik89 - 06.03.19, 07:44

Slaik89 @ 03/06/19, 7:34*
Looks like our donor OPPO F11 Pro
does not seem, and he is. The head is one - bbk;)

Rep: (93)
Greedsy @ 03/06/19, 05:46*
A breakthrough will be if leaks about the retractable camera are fake, in all versions of the phone there will be 5G, if there is a 21: 9 screen and at the same time they completely change the camera and not leave the old one and add one any module to it. With this situation, even the lack of IP68 and wireless charging is ready to forgive.

Is this a breakthrough for you? This is evolution. A breakthrough in this industry will most likely never be - there is nothing to break through, if only by graphene.
By the way, are you ready to give $ 800-850 "with such a deal"?
Slaik89 @ 03/06/19, 07:09*
IP68 will be, but not stated so as not to raise the cost of the device

And why the heck is such an IP? "He seems to be there, but he seems not to be."

Post has been editedvurun - 06.03.19, 10:09

* Greedsy
But the truth is, where do you live and what is your scenario of using the Internet that you firstly have a 5g network and secondly you lack speed of 4g? Do you want to watch streaming 4k? Well, yes, why do you need it in all versions?
Why do we need moisture protection which 1) most likely will not be certified 2) in all cases, as far as I remember, drowning even an officially waterproof phone is not a warranty case, and in fact any fall can violate this protection.
The 21k9 ratio, as I understand it, follows from the first point, your use case is watching films, and in all other cases this is a rather inconvenient decision that 100% will not make, they are not like Sony's deranged.

Vurun @ 03/06/19 10:09*
And why the heck is such an IP? "He seems to be there, but he seems not to be."
Well, what's the point that he is officially in the same Samsung? If something happens to him in the water, they will simply refuse to guarantee you, saying that they exploited the device not as necessary: ​​either they put it deeper into the water or kept it there longer. But for those same IP you paid.
Therefore, in my opinion, the decision of the PR is fully justified.

Rep: (6)
In fact, it is a pity if there will be a retractable camera. 6T had the most beautiful bangs on the market, hoping that they would leave her ...
I wonder what will happen to the fingerprint scanner, in 6T it was the best among the flagships of 2018
IMHO 5G and the screen is 21 to 9 and is not needed for nothing now

* qwertuk If I drown Samsung, I will have the chance to prove the marriage of the assembly (inconsistency with the rating) through an independent examination. Without the stated protection this number will not pass.

lock1 @ 03/06/2019, 20:47*
hoped that they would leave her ...

Myusie knows a lot about perversions. No offense)))

Rep: (42)
Vurun @ 03/06/19 12:09*

Of course not

In general, on March 18, sales of the Galaxy A50 will start, A60 and A70 will follow it with 4500 mAh and IP68, and who will need OnePlus 7 in the summer is unclear. This year Samsung tried very hard to give its mid-tier a kick to all the underdlagmen from China. The 855th is nice, but any average processor is enough for today.

Vurun @ 03/06/19 10:09*

$ 800-850 for 5G, 21: 9, 855 snap, one of the fastest shells with excellent support, excellent autonomy and at the same time with a great camera? Easy. In any case, this is better than giving away $ 550 for a retractable camera, a mediocre camera and the absence of such things as moisture protection and wireless charging.

Now for $ 850 (and even for $ 1000) no one provides such functions, everyone has certain flaws. Huawei and Samsung generally do not have 5G at this price, the camera with compromises, the video is better on one phone and the photo on the other. They don't have 855 snaps either, one has Exynos and the other has Kirin, both of which don’t even stand close to snap. And the price tag on all phones>$ 1200 in Russia.

APTEMKA7 @ 03/06/19, 10:59*
But the truth is, where do you live and what is your scenario of using the Internet that you firstly have a 5g network and secondly you lack speed of 4g?

I live in Russia. I'm just one of those people who do not change the smartphone every year and uses it at least 3-4. Now 5G is not needed. Can you say that in 3 years it will still not be needed? Personally, I - no. Technologies are developing (even in our country), it is better to have a function in reserve than not having it when it is needed.

About 21: 9, I wrote that everyone decides for himself, plus it or a minus. Once and from 19: 9 screens shied away when they were only made by LG, when even YouTube did not normally work in such a resolution. And now this is the standard. Now 21: 9, Sony already has at least the screen and most likely it will be at OP7, because the MWC had a prototype from 21: 9.

Post has been editedGreedsy - 06.03.19, 16:51

Greedsy @ 03/06/19 16:46*
$ 800-850 for 5G, 21: 9, 855 snap, one of the fastest shells with excellent support

You know, I simultaneously used Note 9 when using OnePlus 6. And I cannot say that Oxygen has outstanding speed. Not at all. Where does the information about excellent support come from? Forum, where half of the messages in the style "where, your mother, is my next cosmetic update?", And the last trend is to come up with a function for OnePlus for subsequent implementation by developers? Or do you judge by frequent updates? In them, the meaning is only in one case: when there are many glitches in the firmware. And yes, there were a lot of glitches.
Now 5G is not needed. Can you say that in 3 years it will still not be needed? Personally, I - no.

And I can.And while presenting the whole bureaucratic kitchen a bit, I would not have been waiting for the mass before 2023.

5G, 21: 9, 855 snap, one of the fastest shellswith excellent support, excellent autonomyand withgreat camera

And so it is you now not about OnePlus? Then all the rules.

Post has been editedvurun - 06.03.19, 16:57

Rep: (316)
Vurun @ 03/06/19, 14:56*
And I can not say that Oxygen has outstanding speed.

But I can say so!
Yes, and I'm not alone. Here, at least a couple of members of the forum, who moved from note 9 to 1 + 6t and yes, at least one of them, writes that the return to the Samsung will be unlikely, since 1 + 6t surpasses that "tormazny" apparatus in all respects.
At the expense of some kind of lag there, so I have not yet noticed one. : D

Post has been editedBanny303 - 06.03.19, 17:04

Vurun @ 03/06/19 16:56*
You know, I simultaneously used Note 9 when using OnePlus 6. And I cannot say that Oxygen has outstanding speed

Note9 has already reworked One UI. Compare with the previous shell of the Samsung. Compare with HTC and LG shells. Even on Mi 9, MIUI manages to dull in reviews.

Vurun @ 03/06/19 16:56*
And so it is you now not about OnePlus? Then all the rules.

By support, I meant updating the phone to new versions of android. Officially, without firmware. And OP in this case even updates 3T (it hasn’t come out yet, but waiting for the update) to 9.0. About autonomy, I don’t know what surprises you, considering that the OP 6T for drain tests holds about the same amount as SGN9 and a little less than the Mate 20 Pro, which has a 4200 battery and at the same time it kills all processes for normal autonomy. Well, about the cameras, I wrote that they would be great if the OP engineers changed all three modules to normal ones, and not that he now has excellent cameras.

Post has been editedGreedsy - 06.03.19, 17:15

Banny303 @ 03/06/19, 17:03*
Yes, and I'm not alone. Here, at least a couple of members of the forum, who moved from note 9 to 1 + 6t and yes, at least one of them, writes that there will be a return to the Samsung, because 1 + 6t surpasses that "tormazny" apparatus in all respects.

Deadly, unreal difference that affects the very existence of the owner!

OnePlus products are forged in two ways: price and "licked, reactive firmware." On the first point, it is harder and harder to force: D, so all fanboys with double strength begin to talk about the "supersonic" user experience, which overshadows even the one from the use of Pixel (in terms of software).
The problem is that if the difference in speed (real, affecting use, and not measured by a stopwatch) is somewhere within the statistical error (seen in the video), especially considering the dubious features of RAM control in Oxygen, then the difference in fundamental features such as wireless charging, IP68 certification, a “strong” camera, a variety of accessories and other things are very strong and striking. The rebellious, "revolutionary" OnePlus ended on OnePlus 3, as in its time after the release of the iPhone 4, it stopped delighting the iPhone 5.

I don’t say that OnePlus is a “cancer”, for a number of points it’s very pleasant. But it is doubtful as a phone, which is bought with the aim of “not slowing down”, because now it’s not “slowing down” a lot of things, not necessarily on the 800th ruler, and at the same time, with a similar cost, it gives more.

Greedsy @ 03/06/19, 17:11*
Note9 has already reworked One UI. Compare with the previous shell of the Samsung.

Well, you still touch the Wiz remember ... Let's talk about the current software :)
Greedsy @ 03/06/19, 17:11*
The OP 6T on the drain tests holds about the same amount as SGN9 and a little less than the Mate 20 Pro, which has a 4200 battery and at the same time it kills all processes for normal autonomy.

Yes Yes. And then I wait for half an hour for an incoming notification. Thank you for such task management, Vanplus! : blush:

Post has been editedvurun - 06.03.19, 17:24

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/26/19, 06:58