Which camera to take?

Rep: (10)
Hello, I was eager to buy a DSLR (as I later found out there are mirrorless ones).
Which is better to choose? The main desire is to take cool bokeh pictures and vidosikos (for yourself), the ability to put some cool but old Helios lens.
I looked at the Xiaomi YI M1, but something very not very reviews about it. (Alik was at a price of $ 200, in the end I missed a chance because he doubted)
I also looked at the Canon EOS 4000D and FUJIFILM X-A10, but they are already more expensive, and I do not really understand which of this is better
Budget - the cheaper the better) Thanks in advance

Post has been editedTheMaXiMkA - 24.02.19, 15:17

Rep: (805)
TheMaXiMkA @ 02.24.19, 19:15*
Hello, eager to buy myself a DSLR

Hey.
A very strange desire in 2019.
You are 15-20 years late.

(as I later found out there are mirrorless)

Taki yes.

The main desire to make cool bokeh pictures and vidosiki (for yourself),

And on decent optics totake cool bokeh pictures and vidosikiis there any money?

the opportunity to put some cool but old Helios lens.

Different old lenses from rangefinder and SLR cameras (through appropriate adapters) are put on mirrorless cameras without problems, since the BZK has a very short working length (on average about 20 mm).

I looked at the Xiaomi YI M1, but something very not very reviews about it.

Do not.

Budget - the cheaper the better)

For $ 200 it is almost unrealistic.
Better buy a smartphone with good photography.
For example, Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 3 with plenoptic sensors.
If you look at the phone, it is very clearly visible that the camera has one camera:
Smartphone
Attached Image

However, at the same time, the phone does a very good blurring of the background, in general, no worse than its “two-eyed”, “three-eyed” and “four-eyed” colleagues (agree the following photo especially benefits from this effect):
A photo
Attached Image

How this is done - read here:Portrait mode on the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL smartphones

* Ivan N,
Thanks for the answer, I know about phones of course)
At the expense of money for decent lenses, etc., I want to make pictures purely for myself) This topic is very interesting, I want to understand.
At the expense of cameras, why not?
It seems to me even some Nikon D3100 with Helios can make much better and more interesting pictures than any smartphone at the moment.
If from the BU segment, there is nothing normal either?

Post has been editedTheMaXiMkA - 26.02.19, 00:11

Rep: (59)
TheMaXiMkA @ 02.26.19, 03:04*
Nikon D3100 with Helios will be able to make much better and more interesting pictures than any smartphone

No no no.
Only the one who shoots, and certainly not the camera, can make the picture “better and more interesting”. The technique only captures the frame to the extent of its (non) perfection.
If you don’t own a subject, even in general terms, it’s better to use a smartphone;

Here is for awareness:
https: //cameralabs.org...lem-s-canon-5d-mark-iv
https: //cameralabs.org...yubitel-i-professional

And further:
https://liseykina.livejournal.com/244137.html
https://liseykina.livejournal.com/257094.html

Post has been editedivanlabuda - 27.02.19, 14:54

Rep: (25)
Ivanlabuda @ 02.27.19, 14:50*
Only the one who shoots, and certainly not the camera, can make the picture “better and more interesting”.

This is necessary in red letters in the title of the topic!

"To make the frame" better and more interesting "can only be the one who shoots, and certainly not the camera."
ivanlabuda

Post has been editedAleksandr-1 - 27.02.19, 17:21

* ivanlabuda
I understand all this, and a little bit didn’t mean it)
I want a camera for personal development because it is interesting to me.
Tk advise something? I look at the FUJIFILM X-A10, a little expensive, but it seems ok for my money.
And there are a lot of Nikon D3100 on the market. I would be grateful for advice on this matter.
Thank ;)

Post has been editedTheMaXiMkA - 28.02.19, 23:34

* TheMaXiMkA,
For personal development - somewhere around the year since 2014, almost all system cameras are good enough (except, probably, yi m1).

Fuj x-a10 - norms, if the absence of a “shoe” under an external flash does not bother.
The regular xc16-50 is a good lens, the initial xc50-230 telephoto is also a good one.
But, if you move on, keep in mind - all Fujovskaya xf-series optics are EXPENSIVE.

Nikon is good at having a bunch of relatively budget optics for his mount.
3100 - in principle, the norms, but the entire D3 *** series is already very trimmed in functionality.
It’s probably better to look for a not too ushatanny D90 or D7100. I recently saw on our secondary D90 with an 18-105VR lens somewhere for $ 300, a very good option for a start.

Post has been editedivanlabuda - 01.03.19, 06:46

* ivanlabuda Another question, are they suitable for filming a video? For example Nikon D90. (Body bu sold for 160 bach from us) they write problems with the video)
Will fuj x-a10 be better in this regard.
And at the expense of lenses, is it really impossible to use an adapter to connect the lenses of other mounts?
Canon EOS 4000D is now on sale, the kit 18-55 is new for $ 300, is it worth looking in its direction?

Post has been editedTheMaXiMkA - 01.03.19, 12:31

* TheMaXiMkA,
The videos from the younger fujas are so especially good - but better than on the old DSLRs. If it is important - look towards the UPC Sony, Panasonic, Olympus release from 2013-14 and later.

Canon 4000D - cheapness to the detriment of quality, even a plastic mount on a carcass. Better 1300D / 100D. Better yet, the 650D. The lens is an 18-55 IS STM for starters.

As for the lenses of other systems ... Until at least some understanding of the process appears, it is better not to do this.
Knowledgeable people pick up the carcass for the system (lenses / flashes / other things), and not vice versa. Those who use non-native glass, especially old manual ones, usually know exactly why and how.

UPD:read here.

Post has been editedivanlabuda - 01.03.19, 15:02

TheMaXiMkA @ 03/01/19, 12:16*
Another question, are they suitable for filming a video? For example Nikon D90.

Be careful with semi-cameras on the secondary! For them, in particular on the D90, many wedding workers worked.

Shooting video on a DSLR is more like shooting a movie: thoughtfully, unhurriedly, knowing how and what you want (and you can) shoot. The SLR has a weak point in the video - autofocus. The Nikon D90, Canon 7D does not have it at all, i.e. when shooting movies, focus only with your hands. Kenon autofocus appeared in the 650D, but ... with many reservations. At least a STM lens for video (much better than STAN will be NANO) although I do not complain about the native 17-55 / 2.8 IS USM (but I just have it for a photo, it will be superfluous and expensive for video). On newer types, the Kenon 80D is much better, but if the video is in priority, then the BZK (Sony, Panas). Pay attention to the stabilizer - in photo lenses it is for photos, not for video. No, you can shoot and it helps - if you already have experience.

Third-party lenses (non-native) thing in itself. Among them you can find great lenses! There are those who are not (yet?) In the family lineup. They are cheaper. BUT! It’s unknown how they behave on your camera. From my practice: Tamron 17-50 - focus on the mirror missed at 650D, normal at 7D (but not great); Sigma 17-50 - on the 650D missed the screen (! How can this be?); Sigma 17-50 - good on 7D in the mirror, so-so and unpredictable on the screen. (Something like this.) I put my native 17-55 - both there and there and so on - excellent (fast, accurate). That is, you need to check the lens with the camera down before purchase or then assign it to the adjustment (one lens can be adjusted to one camera). By the way, such a fit can be made in the camera itself; semipro has such a chip. For newer ones, you can adjust the focus both with a wide angle of the lens and with the body (very good for zooms).

(I have 650D in use, just in case, if that.)

Post has been editedAleksandr-1 - 01.03.19, 18:01

Rep: (146)
Aleksandr-1 @ 03/01/19, 17:36*
For them, in particular on the D90, many wedding workers worked.

Wedding planners are tricking the technique, do you want to say that?

Aleksandr-1 @ 03/01/19, 16:36*
Shooting video on a DSLR is more like shooting a movie: thoughtfully, unhurriedly, knowing how and what you want (and you can) shoot. The SLR has a weak point in the video - autofocus.

In general, I want to try shooting a video without autofocus, a purely manual focus with a smooth transition) The process itself is interesting)

Posted on 03/01/2019, 23:46:

The videos from the younger fujas are so especially good - but better than on the old DSLRs. If it is important - look towards the UPC Sony, Panasonic, Olympus release from 2013-14 and later.

Thanks for the link, read.
At the expense of the BZK Sony / Panasonic / Olympus, can you give some not bad models for example?

TheMaXiMkA @ 03/01/19, 11:45 PM*
In general, I want to try shooting a video without autofocus, a purely manual focus with a smooth transition) The process itself is interesting)

Already 650D will allow you to do this ... by moving your hand across the screen. And manually and earlier (7D, 550D) will allow this.

By the way, Kenon has an awesome Magic Lantern software add-on! Significantly expands the possibilities of photo and video shooting.

Antony_droid @ 03/01/19, 10:58 p.m.*

Yes ... Sell when already ... that's it. No, well, there are exceptions that just often update the technique. Which "ushatali". All IMHO.

Post has been editedAleksandr-1 - 02.03.19, 03:22

TheMaXiMkA @ 03/02/19, 02:45*
At the expense of the BZK Sony / Panasonic / Olympus, can you give some not bad models for example?

Any 2014 release and later. Olik e-pl7, for example.

Post has been editedivanlabuda - 02.03.19, 13:24

Rep: (12)
Antony_droid @ 03/01/19, 21:58*

Swafoto, onbeggarpost-Soviet space, thisonly photo genre in which

1. extremely low entry threshold
2. there is the possibility of emotional speculation
3. (Corollary to Clause 2) receive money more often than on the neck

All this leads to the fact that here almost every owner of the camera dreams of driving into weddings. Omit the issue of profitability. But since with training, taste and talents, everything is very bad, they’ll take not a decrease, but a number. That is, 4-6k pictures in less than a day how to do nefig. Just because if you shoot non-stop in series, then even a monkey will get a hundred or two frames, for which it is not very embarrassing.

Now the market is actively blown away, due to the same reasons (it was swollen, by the way, thanks to them), but earlier, when there weren’t so many weddings, even shutters of professional reporting carcasses relatively easily shook off. For example, the D3 has a shutter resource of 300,000 operations. And this is approximately 50-70 weddings performed by local pros. It is clear that the gates often go and more. But the calculated figure from the manufacturer is just that. And those 50-70 weddings, in the days of D3, this is not a very good season. This is today a dozen paid (that is, not DFT and non-dressed models) weddings in a season the limit of dreams for those who have long been cooked in this. 7-10 years ago, even beginners, with inexpensive cameras, received so many orders.

The D90, "inexpensive" (relatively) but the main camera of many wedding planners in those days, had a shutter resource of less than three times. Takes off, respectively, three times faster.

Moreover, the camera is not only a shutter. It is also a bunch of moving parts. Which are also subject to wear. The same buttons, the most commonplace.

Simply put, you are more likely to buy a camera in good condition after a sports photographer than after a post-Soviet wedding photographer.

TheMaXiMkA @ 03/01/19, 10:45 PM*

Based on the fact that your Helios "cool" lens is considered - mirrorless. Due to the short working lengths, you can set and more or less successfully use relatively cheap lenses from film systems. The same Helios, yes. Screen magnifier and focus picking (accessories for manual focus) are included.

The cheapest thing is to take a mirrorless camera from Samsung, simply because the production is minimized and the carcasses are thrown off by the owners. The system is dead. But this does not affect the performance of carcasses. But it seems that Samsung has no focus picking in the carcasses.

Sony and Fuji are also a good option.

Olympus and Panasonic are excellent cameras but more for their optics. Which is more expensive (but also more advanced) for lenses 30-50 years ago. The local frame size already greatly affects the base angle of view of the lens (which is designed for a specific frame size, yes) and it becomes too narrow. With the same "Helios" in the apartment is no longer turn around especially. Is that a little cat to shoot.

7th Guest @ 03/08/19, 13:52*
The cheapest thing is to take a mirrorless camera from Samsung, simply because the production is minimized and the carcasses are thrown off by the owners. The system is dead. But this does not affect the performance of carcasses. But it seems that Samsung has no focus picking in the carcasses.

That is, Samsung is also normal, will they be better than Xiaomi? xD
Recently I saw the Samsung NX2000 20-50mm Kit Black for 10k rubles, but B / Y.
For 15k there is a new Samsung NX1100

Post has been editedTheMaXiMkA - 10.03.19, 21:27

* TheMaXiMkA,
Forget about the mirrorless from xiaomi. She came out very raw. That is, you can shoot it, but with someovercoming.
Samsung were different, in principle - the devices are not bad (although not without jambs, but not critical).Here is the man on club.foto.rushoots with just such cameras - and uses, in addition to the "native" optics, adapted lenses from old amateur cameras.

Post has been editedivanlabuda - 11.03.19, 08:47

And at the expense of Olympus, for example, will the E-PM 2 model be better than the Samsung (1100/2100) or worse?

* TheMaXiMkA,
If you want to "manual" - probably Samsung is preferable.
But you decide what is best for you. The result depends mainly not on technology, but on understanding the process, skills, experience.

I took the x-a2 Fujitsa kit for everything, at the time of purchase it cost about $ 400 (new). Then I bought more glass, as without it. So far enough.

Rep: (139)
TheMaXiMkA @ 03/11/19, 17:08*
And at the expense of Olympus, for example, will the E-PM 2 model be better than the Samsung (1100/2100) or worse?

Sams did not feel. But I am satisfied with the Olympus. True, do not expect a good video from him - it’s shitty video.
At Olik you can go further by buying new carcasses (Panasonic, the same xiaomi can release a new carcass) and lenses ...

Post has been editedxebra - 31.03.19, 23:36

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/26/19, 13:51