> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

104 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> mcpro24fps | Video camera with manual settings and log profiles
The best app for recording mobile video
What applications do you use to record mobile video? In the comments, you can voice the reasons for the choice.
Filmic pro [ 19 ] ** [20,43%]
Snap camera [ 6 ] ** [6,45%]
Open camera [ 8 ] ** [8,6%]
Hedgecam [ 4 ] ** [4,3%]
Cinema FV-5 [ 4 ] ** [4,3%]
Cinema 4K [ 0 ] ** [0%]
GCam (Google Camera) [ 11 ] ** [11,83%]
mcpro24fps [ 10 ] ** [10,75%]
Stock application [ 32 ] ** [34,41%]
Other (it would be good to clarify in the comments) [ 2 ] ** [2,15%]
Total votes: 93

mcpro
Message#1
23.02.19, 15:41
Veteran
[online]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1648
Check in: 27.10.11
Sony Xperia XZ1 G8341 / G8342

mcpro24fps download

version: 021

Last update of the program in the header:16.04.2019

Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
Record video at 24/25/30 fps with manual settings for exposure, bit rate and resolution

Description:
This application for recording video with a simple and convenient touch-touch interface.
Allows you to record video at 24, 25 and 30 fps.
It has several (pseudo) Log profiles based on tonal (contrast) curves.
Three types of focus: tracking, touch and manual.
All settings on the screen.
Bit rate from 20 to 125Mb / s (depending on the device).
Multiple shutter speed.
Noise Reduction: OFF and High Quality (depending on the unit).

The main difference from the general mass of others (there are exceptions): the use of MediaCodec and MediaMuxer, gives more flexibility in coding setting.

Especially recommended for Sony XZ1.

Android required: 7.0 and higher
Camera2 API required: Limited and above
Russian interface: Yes

Developer: Chantal Pro SIA
Homepage: https://mcprotector.lv
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lv.mcprotector.mcpro24fps

The last changes 04/16/2019
  • Changes in sound recording, less impact on fps
  • Sampling rate selection
  • WAV can be imported to MP4 after recording
  • Fixed a bug with the orientation of the front camera
  • Minor interface changes
  • GOP settings work again
  • Remade timer recording. Does not drop c / s, added file size counter
  • Added lost frame counter. In MP4, these frames are longer (target-length + 80%).
  • Fixed autofocus
  • Fixed anti-flicker modes, caused frames to drop out.
  • Added the ability to choose how to stop recording (double tap or hold). The default is double tap.
  • Added the ability to split the record into files. In most phones, the limit is 4GB, so the default is 3.7GB (honest).
  • Record with or without overlap when dividing into files. When overlapping in the file name is written the number of frames that are the same in both videos.
  • ISO display and shutter speed in automatic exposure reworked, effect on f / s reduced
  • Each camera has its own settings.
  • Added ability to select aperture on cameras that support it
  • * On Sony phones there is a problem with automatic exposure from 24 and 25 fps. It works incorrectly.

Download:
version: 021 Attached filemcpro24fps021.apk (1.62 MB)

Intermediate version: 021aAttached filemcpro24fps021a.apk(1.62 MB)
(16.04.2019)

Past versions
Version 020:Attached filemcpro24fps020.apk(1.62 MB)
(change of aperture does not work)

Changes 22.03.2019
  • Redesigned manual focus adjuster, focus position tracking returned
  • Fixed a bug with color matrices
  • Hot pixel correction added
  • Added saturation and brightness adjustment
  • The histogram has been reworked again to have even less impact on f / s
  • Two new Author profiles: color and gray.
  • Reworked sound recording, synchronization with fps for a smaller impact on fps.
  • The choice of audio codec occurs according to the logic of the video. The best, with the maximum allowable bitrate.
  • Added entry to wav. For sound, the most preferred option. Writes sound to a separate WAV file. This eliminates the influence of sound on the fps.
  • Fixed crash issue when choosing too much bitrate
  • Added the ability to select other cameras if they are accessible by the Camera2 API.
  • ISO control, the regulator is caused by a long hold on the ISO zone.

Attached filemcpro24fps019.apk(1.6 MB)

Intermediate version: 019hAttached filemcpro24fps019h.apk(1.61 MB)
(14.04.2019)

Intermediate version: 019gAttached filemcpro24fps019g.apk(1.6 MB)
(06.04.2019)

Intermediate version: 019fAttached filemcpro24fps019f.apk(1.61 MB)
(04.04.2019)

Intermediate version: 019eAttached filemcpro24fps019e.apk(1.61 MB)
(02.04.2019)

Intermediate version: 019dAttached filemcpro24fps019d.apk(1.61 MB)
(29.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 019cAttached filemcpro24fps019c.apk(1.6 MB)
(25.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 019bAttached filemcpro24fps019b.apk(1.6 MB)
(24.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 019aAttached filemcpro24fps019a.apk(1.6 MB)
(22.03.2019)

Changes 03/03/2019
  • New manual focus control
  • Another formula for calculating saturation. Who is spoiling the picture, first try to reduce the saturation to 0 in the settings, if it does not help include the level of API - Limited.
  • Finally brought to Samsung devices
  • Added timer
  • Fixed a lot of errors

Attached filemcpro24fps018.apk(1.57 MB)

Intermediate version: 018hAttached filemcpro24fps018h.apk(1.6 MB)
(21.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 018gAttached filemcpro24fps018g.apk(1.59 MB)
(19.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 018f(errors with saturation)Attached filemcpro24fps018f.apk(1.59 MB)
(19.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 018e(errors with sound and saturation)Attached filemcpro24fps018e.apk(1.59 MB)
(18.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 018dAttached filemcpro24fps018d.apk(1.58 MB)
(15.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 018sAttached filemcpro24fps018c.apk(1.58 MB)
(15.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 018bAttached filemcpro24fps018b.apk(1.58 MB)
(14.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 018aAttached filemcpro24fps018a.apk(1.58 MB)
(14.03.2019)

Changes 03/09/2019
  • Automatic exposure with lock
  • Ability to specify the actual level of API support for compatibility
  • Journaling
  • The ability to completely reset all settings
  • Ability to write in HEVC
  • Three modes of sharpness, if it involves the device
  • Stabilization, if available (depends on video recording settings and phone capabilities)
  • Fixed a lot of errors

Attached filemcpro24fps017.apk(1.57 MB)

Intermediate version: 017dAttached filemcpro24fps017d.apk(1.58 MB)
(13.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 017cAttached filemcpro24fps017c.apk(1.57 MB)
(13.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 017bAttached filemcpro24fps017b.apk(1.57 MB)
(12.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 017aAttached filemcpro24fps017a.apk(1.57 MB)
(12.03.2019)

Changes 01.03.2019
  • Brand new more user-friendly interface
  • More video sizes are available if this is a phone call.
  • Maximum quality 500Mb / s, if the phone is capable of it (usually no more than 240)
  • At shumodava appeared 3 mode. Now there are 3 of them: Off, Fast and Best
  • Added setting of i-frames, you can set the frequency
  • In the sound source added "Unprocessed". This is pure sound without auto amplifier.
  • Added the ability to select 1 of three brightness modes.
    a) Always at maximum brightness
    b) Maximum brightness at setting and system brightness at video recording
    c) Always systemic
  • Added the ability to record to an SD card, if one is available.
    Attention! For this option, you must have a card with a very high write speed. Otherwise we do not recommend you to use this option.

Attached filemcpro24fps016.apk(1.54 MB)

Intermediate version: 016iAttached filemcpro24fps016i.apk(1.57 MB)
(09.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 016hAttached filemcpro24fps016h.apk(1.56 MB)
(08.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 016gAttached filemcpro24fps016g.apk(1.56 MB)
(07.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 016fAttached filemcpro24fps016f.apk(1.55 MB)
(05.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 016eAttached filemcpro24fps016e.apk(1.55 MB)
(03.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 016dAttached filemcpro24fps016d.apk(1.55 MB)
(03.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 016sAttached filemcpro24fps016c.apk(1.55 MB)
(03.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 016bAttached filemcpro24fps016b.apk(1.55 MB)
(02.03.2019)

Intermediate version: 016aAttached filemcpro24fps016a.apk(1.54 MB)
(01.03.2019)

Changes 02.02.2019:
  • Correction of errors with automatic white balance
  • More accurate curves in Log modes (on bends there are a greater number of points with respect to straight sections).
  • The histogram is completely in a separate branch (on the 7th android there were errors with its updating).

Attached filemcpro24fps015.apk(1.49 MB)

Intermediate version: 015dAttached filemcpro24fps015d.apk(1.53 MB)
(28.02.2019)

Intermediate version: 015cAttached filemcpro24fps015c.apk(1.52 MB)
(28.02.2019)

Intermediate version: 015bAttached filemcpro24fps015b.apk(1.52 MB)

Intermediate version: 015aAttached filemcpro24fps015a.apk(1.5 MB)

Changes on 02/21/2019:
  • Error correction.
  • Added mediocre translation (in general it’s worth thinking about icons already).

Attached filemcpro24fps013.apk(1.49 MB)

Changes 02/20/2019:
  • Critical update.
  • Added another experimental log file. After some time, the most ineffective will be removed.
  • Auto-lock white balance when selecting Saturated and Log set. Necessity for correct work.

Attached filemcpro24fps012.apk(1.49 MB)

Changes on 02/18/2019:
  • The calculation of the histogram is given to the graphics processor.
  • Reduced consumption of resources.

Attached filemcpro24fps011.apk(1.49 MB)

Changes on 02/16/2019:
  • The memory leak problem has been completely resolved.
  • Histogram accuracy is changed from 256 points to 128.

Attached filemcpro24fps010.apk(1.48 MB)

Changes on 02/16/2019:
  • Conducted work to combat memory leakage due to the histogram. In the future, the number of points will be reduced to 128 or even 64. At the moment there are 256, and this is too detailed a histogram to determine the exposure.

Attached filemcpro24fps009.apk(1.48 MB)

Changes on 02/15/2019:
  • Once again, the touch focus mechanism has been completely rewritten. There was a conflict with the histogram. Now the focus does not affect the speed, drops to f / s does not occur. Three color statuses are added: gray = in search or at start, yellow = not focused, green = focused.
  • Rewritten histogram drawing. There should be less memory consumption, and as a result of the absence of freezes and a drop in the speed of k / s. In order not to load the system, a histogram is drawn at a lower frequent but multiple frame rate. For 24 fps every 4 frames, for 25 fps every 5, for 30 fps every 6.

Attached filemcpro24fps008.apk(1.48 MB)

Changes on 02/14/2019:
  • Added histogram for more accurate exposure.
  • Added experimental log-file.
  • Improved usability of focus (save position).
  • Fixed minor bugs.

Attached filemcpro24fps007.apk(1.48 MB)

Changes 02.10.2019:
  • Fixed bugs, which for some reason are silent.

Attached filemcpro24fps006.apk(1.48 MB)

Changes 02/09/2019:
  • Thoroughly redesigned touch focus. Now it should work more accurately. Not recommended for use during recording, affects FPS. Added highlighting of the "sight" green, if the program deemed it focused correctly.

Attached filemcpro24fps004.apk(1.48 MB)

Changes 07.02.2019:
  • Added additional excerpts for these perverts.
  • Added BB “OFF” mode in which all settings are reset to the standard. No correction takes place.
  • The function of distortion correction is disabled, because from experience it does not perform any functions, but it can affect the stability of frames.
  • Added vignette fixes in high quality mode.
  • Added function to notify the system about the appearance of a new file on the phone. Actual for automatic downloads to the clouds.
  • For devices supporting this resolution, the resolution is added 2688x1512.
  • Added saving video orientation.
  • Automatic maximum brightness. Non-switchable
  • Minor fixes.

Attached filemcpro24fps003.apk(1.48 MB)

Attached filemcpro24fps002.apk(1.47 MB)

Useful programs and information
Prog for full information on the Camera2 API:
Attached fileAll + Cameras + Finder.apk(1.05 MB)

Archive for quick and easy logging in one click:
1. Unpack the archive
2. Connect the phone via USB
3. Double click on GetLog.bat
4. Take log.txt and send it to me
Attached fileGetLog.zip(910.76 KB)

For both of these thanks-DMA-

A very useful program for evaluating the resulting video material:
https://mediaarea.net/QCTools

Useful link on the topic "How to record errors":
® GameGuardian (Post Enyby # 41134944)

Known issues and comments on them
  1. Samsung refuse to work with the default settings MediaCodec
    In other programs, everything works. I admit that for Samsung the survey is implemented through MediaRecorder, which implements many settings automatically. I also admit that Filmic could “fall” to this due to the popularity of this manufacturer. We, in turn, under no circumstances will not take steps back. Therefore, for today, owners of Samungov up to version 8 inclusive, sorry for the moment. We continue to work on the problem, but how and when everything is decided is unknown.

2. The problem with autofocus Xiaomi Mi A2
    On the Internet, there is an opinion that A2 does not have the Camera2 API, and many of their users substitute settings in order to gain access to the Camera2 API. The problem may lie in the fact that the unreal Camera2 API works incompletely and you can only use automatic focus in workarounds. In any case, if there is information, I do not mind hearing it.

3. I noticed some sort of automatic screen brightness change.
    In the bright sun, the picture becomes more mellow. The video does not affect, but scares thoroughly.

4. Slow (smooth) touch focus and autofocus when recording on some devices.
    Perhaps due to the fact that our capture session has 30fps, for a quick focus, you need to give a preview of freedom up to 60fps. Such a focus as it was now implemented precisely because of the loss of frames when recording on my phone. I put this trick into the capture session speed so that nothing distracts the frequency from work.

5. Incomprehensible job blocking white balance
    I called it incomprehensible not the one that I can explain, but the one that I cannot explain. Namely, a sharp blackout on the color profile "Saturated". The picture becomes some kind of dark.

6. FPS drawdown when recording and rotating the screen
    You just need to block the turn during the recording. Any changes in the interface affect the frame rate, because a redraw occurs. If the slider can be adjusted to the FPS, then when you rotate, each element is redrawn, it is irrational to adjust to the FPS.

List of possible functions
The possible ones are possible for realization and possible from the point of view of benefit and logic.
  • Reaction to flickering incandescent bulbs
    A separate button on the screen for quick access. Obtaining statistical data on flickering, and if it is available, then issue a message with a suggestion to correct this by choosing another set of digressions. In the settings you need to add the ability to select a set on a constant, choose whether to show a button on the screen, choose whether to receive a message about the observed flicker. When recording, the message about the observed flicker should be less noticeable than when setting up.

• Double tap approach for manual focusing
    Only manual mode. That the user could touch two times and the picture approached in this place. Therefore, the user induces manual focus and also double-tapping returns the picture back.

• Disabling the "running slider" in auto mode
    A runner spends resources anyway. Therefore, it should be possible to remove it in the permanent focus mode. Remove only when recording or remove altogether.

• Optical stabilization
  • Video stabilization
  • Timer
  • Grid
  • Proportion Control Bands
    Bands that will shade the part of the picture that can be cropped when changing the proportions of the video on post-processing

• Add the ability to reset all settings to 0
    I do not know why, but even after erasing all program data, the settings are not erased all. There are settings that are so heavily populated in the program that it is not possible to erase them without personal intervention.

Post has been editedmcpro - 16.04.19, 21:39
Reason for editing: New intermediate version 021a
mcpro
Message#2
23.02.19, 16:56
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

From the developer
As a developer of this program, from time to time I have the opportunity to share my observations and thoughts. There are things that can help other developers understand the workflow of the Camera2 API better.
There are also a lot of thoughts about shooting. I would like from time to time to write here short comments on various topics, with regards to the product and what it is intended for. Also, I don’t mind others sharing their thoughts.
If you look at the themes of different programs, then the majority of comments are directed at the product itself and only: problems, minuses, advantages. But the question that the program solves is completely ignored. In our case, this is a mobile video.
I would very much like this question not to be ignored. For users to share their works of art and brief descriptions of the creation process. I do not know how much the rules of this resource allow, but it seems to me that it would be interesting.
We could discuss the processing of the materials received, the program and instructions for proper installation. My experience shows that jerky videos can be obtained, including at the editing stage, and not only at the shooting stage.

Prehistory
The project began as a camera for a loved one, because for the Sony XZ and above there is not a single application that works correctly with white balance and frame rate. And now the project has grown into something bigger.
While the project was growing, a myriad of different experiments on photography were carried out, according to the shape of the tone curves, to create a Log profile. Therefore, this product is not just a product for the entertainment of the masses, this product aims to become a valuable assistant in shooting mobile video.

Claims and comparisons with competitive applications
I am very familiar with almost every application that allows you to write videos. I realize the pros and see cons. If you have a desire to compare, talk about your pain, do not hesitate, I personally do not plan to pursue someone for this.
With each problem we can try to figure it out. But it depends on the level of the problem, my personal time and the desire to solve it. I have been a web developer for more than 10 years (and even this is not yet experience), so I know firsthand the requirements of users, which are high and unrealistic for implementation.
I want to immediately notice that today there are no plans to go below 7 Adroyd (only up if there are many problems at 7), and no plans for the Camera API of the first version. Why is this noted separately? Because even without having to implement the high-speed shooting modes, assumed by the Camera2 API, I already know that some devices implement high-speed shooting through the API of the first version. And in those modes manual settings cannot be used in any way. Also, the absolute majority of devices hide the settings from the Camera2 API, in this case such settings most likely will not appear in the program. The only exception for the devices that I have on hand and which I can study up and down (at the moment, Huawei P20 Pro and Sony XZ1).

Design and ergonomics
I myself know that the design of the program is not interesting and does not cause delight. And I do not mind different opinions and proposals for its improvement. Good things I would like to implement.
But there are convenience issues that I would like to discuss right away.
1. The main layout is horizontal. Therefore, everything related to design should first of all be convenient for horizontal orientation.
2. In the horizontal position, the upper left, in the vertical - the upper right, the angle should remain as free as possible. In that corner there is a camera on which lenses and filters with clips can be applied. Clips can cover part of the screen, because the controls located there will not be available. For some special phones, there are covers that are suitable for individual lenses. In this case there is no this problem. Therefore, there is a thought that it would be good to organize interface switching in three versions (vertical position): the camera is on the right, the camera is in the middle and without clips or with a case.
3. Interface with an emphasis on touch. Any pulling, twisting and other gestures with fingers can be used as a supplement, but the touch should be the main control method.
4. Design should not prevail over convenience. If it is beautiful, but inconvenient, it makes no sense. Including such implicit functions, such as long-term retention, should prevail over something explicit and understandable if the obvious and understandable is less convenient. It is better to show how it works once, than to force the user to twist and break his fingers.
5. There is no need to fill the interface with meaningless elements. Those. if within 5 minutes, having twitched various regulators, the user has dealt with the application by 90%, then he does not need any additional information. If some controls cause difficulties in understanding, then it makes sense to think about improvements or additions.

Benefits of the program
1. The main advantage over the absolute majority of third-party applications is the use of MediaCodec and MediaMuxer when encoding a signal. Compared to MediaRecorder, popular in certain circles because of the ease of customization, in this configuration we have more options for encoding customization. I note that the most popular and beloved Filmic uses this approach. Also, this approach is not alien to most stock applications. mcpro24fps is definitely not the only such application, and certainly not the first and not the last. But once again I will clarify that 99% of such programs are stock applications.
2. Small enough for existing functionality.
3. Gentle use of resources. I attach great importance to this topic. The amount of free resources determines the evenness of shooting video - the execution of the main task of the program.
4. Conscious programming. Here, from the obvious and noticeable, I can note the focus by touch. If you use the developments presented on the Internet, then you can see that when using them, the touch focus is not at all suitable for video shooting because it blocks the delivery of frames at the time of the search. In mcpro24fps this issue is resolved. Focus on touch can be used directly during the shooting without fear of getting a drop in speed. Those. the focus was not to ensure that it was, but to fulfill its function 100%.
5. Log-pofili with a competent distribution of points, regardless of their number.
6. Russian-speaking developer.
7. Personal interest of the developer in creating the right application. I use my program in 99% of cases. I constantly test, check and do work on the bugs.

I will try to supplement this post if there are any reservations. In order not to forget himself, it was also easier for others to understand the meaning of certain decisions and deprivations.

Post has been editedmcpro - 24.02.19, 00:50

--------------------
Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz (4.7GHz), 32GB DDR4-2666, Palit GeForce GTX1060 6Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Win10 Pro
Adobe Premier 2019, Davinci Resolve 16
mcpro
Message#3
23.02.19, 23:18
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

Auto Exposure
We all know that an amateur clip primarily produces jumping white balance and walking exposure. Therefore, one of the main conditions for correct shooting is controlled exposure. Earlier, I wrote that it is better that the exposure was constant in the recording process. Here I want to get better and clarify one thing. There are cases when it is just necessary to change one exposure to another. For example, we want to get out of the shadow of a house on a bright street. Correctly remove it in two takes. But there is a move that is sometimes used when shooting - a smooth transition between exposures. As with the focus. I note that a smooth transition is not organized automatically, but manually. That is why the above I called this exposure controlled.

And now back to automatic exposure. Uncontrolled automatic exposure can only be used for metering. But not in the process of shooting. It’s probably not super difficult to implement. Filimic somehow does it. From the camera after its measurements, we have the opportunity to obtain the recommended values ​​of shutter speed and ISO. And then take for ourselves what we want to do the main parameter, and after what limit, we will raise / lower the main parameter. I think that I will try to implement something like that.

The implementation of controlled exposure on phones rests on one problem. Each phone has an ISO value that may conflict with frame rate and shutter speed. And at these points the picture may suddenly become brighter, darker. Agree, it is unpleasant to spoil the video with inexplicable leaps of exposure. So this moment remains open until possible enlightenment. +))

Post has been editedmcpro - 23.02.19, 23:20

--------------------
Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz (4.7GHz), 32GB DDR4-2666, Palit GeForce GTX1060 6Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Win10 Pro
mcpro
Message#4
23.02.19, 23:49
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

Digital approximation
There is such a thing as digital zoom. He has the main disadvantage - he just cuts the picture. You can cut the picture and post-processing. Moreover, the post-processing zoom can be much more beautiful and precisely controlled. Davinci Resolve has a special setting, not even an effect or a plugin, which can also be animated, simulating a real approximation. Therefore, the digital zoom for recording is a loss of information, and we are not interested in it.
But the zoom has a huge plus - super-precise manual focus. Here, for manual focusing, I would like to realize a digital zoom. And the question immediately arises of how it should look and how it should be called.
The first thought was to make the usual approximation with the usual regulator. But the zoom in the phones works only in the center. Where to insert another regulator is not clear.
In order to circumvent the limitation with the center, we will not zoom in on the picture as it implies a zoom. We simply increase the preview image to the desired size.
The preview is trying to have a screen size in pixels. Those. even if we are going to shoot at 2160p, with a screen size of 1080p, we have a preview size of 1080p.
If a very close approximation of the maximum quality is required, then at some point we can change the resolution of the preview to a higher one.
Control. The first thing that came to mind was to bring it up like with all the stock cameras - with two fingers. In principle, about a person gets into the place that he needs. Will focus with focus and reset the approximation (or approximation will be reset when you click on the record).
And then the thought came to me: why not let me select the focus object with a double touch in the manual focus mode? Double-tap — maximum zoom, focus, double-tap — zoom off.
It makes sense to give an approximation level to the user himself, and save it somewhere.

Double-tap with a sharp increase should be an order of magnitude easier to implement than the approach with two fingers. And for some reason it seems to me that it is quite comfortable.

It would be interesting to hear the opinions of users on this account.

Post has been editedmcpro - 23.02.19, 23:51

--------------------
mcpro
Message#5
24.02.19, 00:02
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

Write to memory card
I studied the issue of recording on a memory card, and came to the conclusion that it is not possible to recognize the class of the card. And therefore somehow border the user in the bitrate too.
Therefore, this function is in the plans, but will be included with a warning that the user in this case is responsible for the stability of the recording. Each phone has a parameter that determines the minimum and maximum value of the allowable bitrate. In an ideal world, everything in these chapels should be easily written into the internal memory. There is no such parameter for an external memory card.
In the branch about the camera XZ1 was filed a good idea - to offer the user to transfer all the videos to the memory card after he finished shooting. It is clear that you can not do anything automatically, because the card can be very slow and data copying can take very long. Copying must be invoked by the user precisely when he is ready to do it. And then users with slower cards will have more choices. And users with fast cards are already lucky. +)))

--------------------
mcpro
Message#6
24.02.19, 00:40
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

Gray profiles (Log)
Every self-respecting camera manufacturer must have at least one gray profile (Log profile). Interestingly, it makes sense for cameras, because their sensors can usually be larger than the format in which they write.
The amazing thing about the phones is that the sensors of phones can be 99% what the format they write to. Usually this is h264 / h265. Therefore, relief from a gray profile is usually at 1%. I really hope more.
Each gray profile is required at least a little bit to lighten the shadows so that the black point somewhat shifted to a plus. And maybe this moment helps us get more information in the shadows.
The Camera2 API has a tool called tonal curves (contrast curves) that help implement a gray profile. But they have one drawback - the number of points. In one phone there are 32, in the other - 512. In the second, the accuracy and quality of the profile will be much higher.
If our profile has straight sections, then in these areas it makes no sense for us to indicate many points. and it would be better to use them on bends. What for? And because between the points we have the usual straight lines, and at the points are angles. These are the corners we should align as much as possible with respect to the neighboring ones.
The first profiles in the program were similar to Log-curves. Everyone had a sharp rise at the beginning and a slow one at the end. Therefore, it was logical to send more points to the beginning. This was done according to a simple geometric progression rule.
But over time, S-shaped curves appeared there. And if the beginning was beautiful, the end was not at all like what was intended. It turned out that the points should be placed somehow very cunning.

A good solution: to divide the entire section into equal segments, calculate the Y values ​​by the formula of the inverse function. So we get a cluster of points in the places we need. And then just swap the X and Y values. This is what we will turn over and the curve formula, and we will immediately have the correct coordinates of the points for the curve.
The problem with this approach is that it is easier to develop a curve with certain parameters than to calculate its inverse function.

The solution that I applied: I divided the X axis into equal segments and calculated the Y values ​​from the gray profile function. Then I swapped the lengths of the segments, i.e. the longest of the obtained segments was the shortest and vice versa. So I got about almost the same thing as with the inverse function.
But again, "almost" is not considered. In any case, this approach gave a more accurate location of points, so that the curve was as accurate as possible. And I am 99% sure that in addition to Filmic hardly anyone will try to implement something like that. +)) Aw to me! (with)

The ideal solution: study each profile and distribute points even more competently. For example, Exp. (experimental) somewhere with x = 0.4, turns into a linear function. Those. for this segment to 1.0, you can use only two points, and the rest to bend to 0.4. The two previous approaches will never give such a result. And pens, you can specify how many points you need on this segment, and how many can be distributed among the rest.

Post has been editedmcpro - 24.02.19, 00:58

--------------------
antifront
Message#7
24.02.19, 03:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 132
Check in: 27.10.13
Gigabyte Gsmart Aku A1

The idea is interesting but the shooting key is not active in Xiaomi.
mcpro
Message#8
24.02.19, 08:39
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

* antifront,
It can not be inactive. The problem is something else. Recording does not start because of some kind of error.
Does the inspection continue to work?

--------------------
mcpro
Message#9
24.02.19, 08:57
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

Record button
The write button in the horizontal position of the phone in most cases is under the thumb. It is pressed easily and wrung out too.
In an upright position, I tried to position it to the right somewhere in the middle. But with long screens there is a problem. In principle, a convenient location is the center of the bottom half of the screen.
Long hold as protection against accidental stop. But it is clear that immediately before this it is difficult to guess without a hint.
And the decision prompted by one good person from China is to show the filling of the button in the process of holding. Displaying progress of all clear graphic element.

--------------------
Boss1o1
Message#10
24.02.19, 20:50
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 462
Check in: 14.10.08
Xiaomi Mi A2 4/64

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and Xiaomi Mi A2 lead on the current version about the same.
They shoot in 1080p without problems, hold down the button to stop recording - a brilliant idea, really will not let you accidentally press and stop.
The resolution of 2160 is not removed until both devices, the button is not pressed - not active.
I will still be testing on these two devices.
mcpro
Message#11
24.02.19, 23:48
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

Intermediate version
An intermediate version appeared in the header. It differs from the official one in that it has not a large number of corrections, which are definitely not very significant for an urgent update officially.
I will try to post versions like this after almost every minor fix or addition, or whatever.

In version 015a such changes:
The bitrate button lights up red if the device via the Camera2 API reports that this value is outside the permissible maximum. In the case of my phone with a maximum of 100Mbps, 125Mbps is lit red.
Gray profiles only work if there are at least 32 points on the tone curves. In the future I think to raise to 64. 32 is sooo little.
Fixed a bug with devices that do not accept the encoding profile setting. The program seeks to install Baseline. For Sony, this setting remained, because there it works correctly.
The minimum ISO is 25. In those devices that support it. I also did not know what ISO exists.
The branches running on the histogram are completely turned off when switching to another application. This may cause a longer return, but not a critical long. Simply, there are some moments when the application freezes on return. Disabling branches is an attempt to prevent this.

It is noticed that at high bit rates the program is unstable. If the video bitrate button is already lit in red, then the sound recording does not make much sense. The sound will not be recorded smoothly and the video will interfere.

--------------------
Sergio677
Message#12
25.02.19, 10:02
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 604
Check in: 10.12.14
HTC 10

The minimum ISO is 25. In those devices that support it. I also did not know what ISO exists.

IPhones love this iso to exhibit in a good light. And not only with good. Judging by exifam from the heap of iPhone photos - they always exhibit on the principle of "iso lower, longer excerpt" (this is relative to all other smartphones). For statics it is advantageous, but not for dynamics.
crumb
Message#13
25.02.19, 11:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 131
Check in: 27.02.13

mcproIs it possible to add to the option the switching of the screen backlight mode, with excessive brightness, the battery is fraught with eyes ...

--------------------
Sony Ericsson W660i>Sony Ericsson T700i>Sony Ericsson U5i>Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray>Sony xperia v>Sony Xperia ZR>Sony Xperia Z2>Sony Xperia XZ1
SONY XPERIA ZR Club
mcpro
Message#14
25.02.19, 11:39
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

crumb @ 02/25/19 10:28*
Is it possible to add to the option the switching of the screen backlight mode, with excessive brightness, the battery is fraught with eyes ...

Not at the moment, but I want to make three brightness modes:
1. System
2. Complete
3. Full at setting, system at recording.

Post has been editedmcpro - 25.02.19, 11:44

--------------------
mcpro
Message#15
25.02.19, 11:44
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

MAX version(For these perverts)
Version for those who want to test your phone for strength.
The bitrate is limited to 500Mbps, each frame is key. Where this is possible (on devices with support for profile installation), the profile is still what remains Baseline.
Even if your phone writes in 500Mbps and does not stumble, do not flatter yourself in advance, check the parameters of the recorded files. My phone writes a maximum of 136Mbps, even though you install it to 1000.

To load the phone to the full, it would be necessary to add a High profile. Again, it's worth noting that not all phones support profile installation. Therefore, it will work only with Sony. This moment is very difficult to predict.

--------------------
crumb
Message#16
25.02.19, 12:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 131
Check in: 27.02.13

* mcproPerhaps the most success in development!

--------------------
Sony Ericsson W660i>Sony Ericsson T700i>Sony Ericsson U5i>Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray>Sony xperia v>Sony Xperia ZR>Sony Xperia Z2>Sony Xperia XZ1
SONY XPERIA ZR Club
Sekob
Message#17
25.02.19, 13:21
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 834
Check in: 08.02.11

Small wishes on functionality:
1) Record with the screen off. Why do you need? If you remove yourself from a tripod or monopod (ala vlog), then the screen is not really needed, but the resource is spent on it. Plus there are cases on covert shooting (when contacting with scammers, etc. elements).
2) Remote control via bluetooth / wifi from a remote or another phone.
Not urgent, not critical, but if they do, they will not interfere. : D
mcpro
Message#18
25.02.19, 15:16
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

* Sekob
1) For vlaga yes. And for a hidden recording - no (but this is understandable, what will be on the user's conscience), because it contradicts the rules of Google Play and violates the rights of private property.
2) Difficult question. Thought visited and not once. But it seems to me that for this you need to write your remote. +))) Why thought visited? Because I want to adjust the focus while shooting from the stabilizer. Poke a finger = spoil the frame.

--------------------
mcpro
Message#19
25.02.19, 15:52
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1648

Audio recording
To record audio, there are two potential sources: DEFAULT and UNPROCESSED.
DEFAULT is UNPROCESSED + automatic microphone sensitivity adjustment.
At the moment I have not found the adjustment of the sensitivity of the microphone in manual mode, so the conclusions are.

If you just need to record a good sound, then two conditions must be met:
1) The source must be UNPROCESSED.
2) Recording should be done in a separate WAV file. This in turn gives two advantages:
  • You get uncompressed maximum quality sound.
  • The sound does not conflict with the video at the stage of their reunion in the MP4 container

Using UNPROCESSED to record ACC makes sense if you have an external microphone with a sensitivity control.
And the main question: how should the settings of sound recording modes look so that they are understandable not only by uber advanced dudes. +))

--------------------
Sekob
Message#20
25.02.19, 16:25
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 834
Check in: 08.02.11

* mcpro,
And we google play and do not say :)
I did not quite understand what it means to write my remote. As far as I understand, there are relatively standardized consoles (headsets). You need to somehow read the commands and interpret them into commands in the application.

By audio, I understand that now in the implementation of the application writes from a source DEFAULT? And UNPROCESSED is an open question how to beat it in the interface? I wonder if it is possible to make the audio be written simultaneously from several physical sources (internal and external microphones). Packed with the source, for example, as indicated in the settings. And the output would be another track.
Why is this necessary. For example, an interview is taken, then part of the audio will be taken from an external microphone (for example, a buttonhole), and part from the built-in one. Overlaying soundtracks will of course be made at the post-processing stage. Own now it is solved by another device (voice recorder).
The truth seems to me in such an audio recording will be restrictions from the operating system.
-DMA-
Message#21
25.02.19, 16:26
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 708
Check in: 25.02.09
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime

But it seems to me that for this you need to write your remote.

What does "write your remote" mean? Havesimilar remotesAll these buttons work like ordinary keyboard buttons; there should be no problem to catch them. I can help, I have such a remote control available. And Zenfon 4, which does not know how to manual autofocus. And Redmi 4, which is able to manual autofocus, but it is the sixth Android: D In short, I am an assistant wherever. It's easier for me to write a piece of code and throw it as it is.

And the main question: how should the settings of sound recording modes look so that they are understandable not only by uber advanced dudes. +))

Under the button with the bitrate, place the button with Normal / Raw. And make a small gap from the buttons responsible for the video, or change the color.

104 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/18/19, 00:16