Edit the top bar | Windows logo and other top bar icons

Rep: (517)
Editing and customizationWindows taskbar

This topic discusses
possibilities of changeitems Windows top bar

Be sure to read: FAQ on editing system resources | Instructions for replacing icons top bar from KoWin | The structure of the bar from KoWin |

Related topics: Upper bars collection | Download icon | Bars and tray |

Additional links: Forum Rulessavagemessiahzine.com | Rules of conduct in the "Ornaments" | Skins and themes - taking orders to create | Message design | Requests and proposals for the section. |

Theme rules:
    1. This topic discusses the possibility of changing the elements of the upper bar;
    2. Ready bars are placed here -Upper bars collection
    3. To avoid unnecessary questions and unnecessary littering of the topic, huge request to you - carefully read the cap , since it is here that you will most likely find the answers to your questions.
    4. Do not forget to usesearch in the subject by keywords or phrases.
    5. Asking a question -Try to articulate as precisely as possible what you would like to achieve. .
    6. Questions that are not related to the topic will be deleted.
    7. If you want to thank the user for the help provided, do not write the message “Thank you! You are super!!!".
    Just press the buttonPicturenext to his reputation.
    If you do not have 15 helpful messages, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the buttonPicture.
Important!

- before installing any files from this topic, BACKUP is required!
- do not forget to install SDKCerts.cab new, which is under the spoiler below!

Utility:
Mini FAQ:

Post has been editedromanmaks - 26.06.11, 18:01
Reason for editing: Added link to Axialis Icon Editor IconWorkShop

Rep: (259)
I'm already tired of this badge, I would like to change it for something of my own. But without using any programs like wisbara, etc.

---------------------------

1. Depending on the device (i.e. Windows version), download the file:
For Windows SEshellres.96 (qVGA)orshellres.192 (VGA);
For Windows CEshell32.exe.0419.mui

2. On the BB, open the file with any resource editor, for exampleResHacker .: Attached fileimg-5893-ResHacker.zip (530.49 KB)

3. Replace the icons with our own. It should take into account the original dimensions:
For vga-device 42x36 32 bit;
For qvga-device 21x18 16 bit.
Icons should be transparent (background - 255, 0, 255), or under the color of a particular theme.

4. Further:

For Windows SE - the edited shellres.96 / 192 file is uploaded to the PDA via ActiveSync or via RescoExplorer, but not through FileExplorer. The file will live in RAM and replace the original ROM from XP - this is provided for by the system. If the file has already been uploaded to the PDA, then rename it to the PDA to anything. After that, the file can be perezalit, otherwise there will be an error. After the CP, the renamed file can be deleted.

For Windows CE - If the LEng or quarta Russifier is installed (and it costs almost everyone), you must first switch to the English interface (Control Panel ->Language selection), make the CP, then copy the file through ActiveSync with the replacement and return the Russian interface.

Replacement example =>Attached Image

Similarly, you can change the inscription "Start" on devices with the operating system wm 6.0 or 6.1: paragraph 321 in the file shelres.dll.0419.mui

P.S. Also the files shellres.96 / 192 and shell32.exe.0419.mui store all the rest of the contents of the top bar, so everything is limited by your imagination. For example, if you open the file ResHacker in the String Table tab ->2225 you can change the text "Start" ...

Thanks for the manualksen4us
It is also recommended to readFAQ on editing system resources

Post has been editeddboris - 20.05.09, 11:35

Rep: (761)
aesthetic ,
Exactly.
The Start icon (as well as all the other contents of the top bar) are shellres icons. (96 | 192) .dll

But there is one huge underwater stone - not to copy it from rum, but FS, AFAIR, is not CTC and it will be difficult to get something from rum.

Rep: (40)
Aleksey akimoff , now I’ll see what PE Info is and its compatibility with vm5.0. :)
dci , mine can be copied from ROM, because, as already faced with it and Aleksey akimoff Like copying files from it.

Rep: (41)
Everything will turn out, there would be a desire. The file can be dumped from the Roma, or directly from the device. The file will come from any device, unless of course the version of the Venda is the same. If required - I can lay out.

Rep: (109)
tmr , and replace it as ????

So just copying for example totalcommander. The file will live in RAM to XP, or replace it directly in the rum, but then you will need a flashing.

Dump from ROM - decompose the ROM image into files, extract the required file. Xda-dev: splitrom.pl, dumprom.exe, dumpxip.pl, RomMaster

These programs for the PC.
Dump directly from the device - option 2: either dump the rum to the card from the live device, or dump a single file (addresses + length). And 2 more options - either a dump from the bootloader, or directly from the PDA's Venda. The procedure is less universal because most often it is device dependent. The source is the same - xda-dev.

Is the probability of killing a device due to curvature high? :)

So which dump option to use? Or do you need to try everything?

With simple copying - the probability is 0, in the worst case XP.
You don't need to use the dump option, I'll post this file later.

Dump PL720 file from V712 firmware

Attached files

Attached filePL720_shellres.192.zip(85.98 KB)

Dump file S100 with firmware 1.13.00 WWE

Attached files

Attached fileS100_shellres.96.zip(37.08 KB)

Screenshot of the screen, for those who doubt - just a rough hack for a resource, the "Start" icon. Screen shot with S100.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (109)
tmr
Dump from ROM - decompose the ROM image into files, extract the required file. Xda-dev: splitrom.pl, dumprom.exe, dumpxip.pl, RomMaster

tmr
Screen shot with S100.

Vovo on hpshke you do not do this ...

Rep: (13)
tmr Than got from the device (I have 4700 wm5) WM5_Files_Dumper runs through all the files but lacks

Dim-soft , with 720 I got grab_it, with s100 I took dumpxip from rum. For WM5, try testwm5 from mamaich.

plab do it, it would wish.

Rep: (315)
Progicon_viewer.exewill find any icon in any resource directly on the PDA

Rep: (21)
Aleksey akimoff , let's install .... sizes (I think I will be different) ... format .... and so on trifles ...
;)

ksen4us means initially the icon for the vga-device (loox 718) had a size of 42x36 and 16 bit. I made an icon 48x48 but at the same time the picture itself has a size of 42x36, and 32 bit. The picture is perfectly normal and looks great. In general, it is necessary that no more than 48x48 and the rest is like :)

img-8019-capture3.JPG

I did ...: rolleyes:

In the attachment, the file is already with this icon, just throw in the \ Windows folder while positively responding to the question about replacing the file and the CP.

Attached files

Attached fileshellres.192.dll_VGA.zip(88.38 KB)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/04/20, 3:01