Xiaomi Seabird 4K - Discussion

Rep: (15)
DiscussionXiaomi Seabird 4K
Official site | Discussion пїЅ

Attached Image

Device description
The appearance of the Mijia SeaBird differs from the previous Mijia 4K mini model. It has become more classic, with less rounded corners. There are no company logos or inscriptions on the case.

Mijia SeaBird Sports Camera

The camera weighs 60 grams, and its dimensions are 60.5 mm x 42.2 mm x 29.7 mm.

On the front side there is a 7 flap lens from Sony with an aperture of F2.6 and a viewing angle of 145 В°. Also in front is a power button.

On the side there is a microphone and a slot for a memory card and a micro USB port for charging. Below the battery compartment and microphone, and behind the 2-inch touch screen. Above is a button for shooting.

The camera comes in three color options:

Blue
Orange
Green

Device characteristics
Processor: Hisilicon Hi3559

Sensor: Sony

Lens: aperture F2.6 / 7 blades / diameter 17.4mm

Viewing Angle: 145 В°

Photo Resolution: 12 Megapixels

Video resolution:

4K / 30fps,
2.7K / 30fps,
1080P / 60fps, 30fps,
720P / 120fps, 90fps, 60fps, 30fps,
480P / 120fps, 90fps, 60fps, 30fps.
Image stabilization: electronic 6-axis

Memory Card Type: micro sD

Maximum capacity: 128GB

Battery: lithium (1050mAh)

Battery life: 90 minutes when shooting 4K.

HDMI input: no.

Microphone input: no.

• Before posting read the message Video section rules
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

There are very few reviews and reviews on this camera. I bought it, tested it - it's a rather mixed choice, I will tell you. We are talking about firmware 3.2.9. Perhaps something will be finished further.
Minuses :
1. Very good such electronic pickups on the microphone. I would not use it as for Vlog'a + there is such a good click when recording is completed.
2. 4k resolution here is in doubt: switching from 2.7k to 4k does not give any increase in quality from the word at all, even the bitrate is the same, only the resolution increases. Switching between these modes occurs without blinking the picture, in contrast to 720 \ 1080p. I looked under the crop day and evening - well, there is no difference! This is not to say that it is bad, but an unpleasant residue remains.
3. A slight overshoot and re-contrast, someone likes this picture - a typical mass market, NO flat mode. Without further post-production! After the godly scripts of the hit Yi Basic, all this is sad ... all this is partially solved by increasing the brightness of the picture, but the summer days are far away - so whether the same sun will not beat out after that is a question. (I add - the question partially solves! It suits me)
4. There is no possibility of simultaneous use of deactivation of a flat profile + EIS. So far so. Either this or that.
5. In the summer, it is likely to overheat while charging and shooting at the same time (which, in fact, is indicated by the activation of this feature). For me, most likely it’s not relevant because I use it for moto.
6. Gluttony - on the reviews we see only 60 minutes of recording. What actually I noticed. The charge on recording goes well.
Pros :
1. Pleasant tactile, rubberized, made soundly and compactly. There is a cap in the kit for the lens
2. The stabilization is really good (at first impressions)! Actually, for this, the transition is complete!
3. H265 NO codec with a big note - there are no bitrate settings. Writes 4-2.7k 33 megabits which is pretty much a lot for 2.7k. 15-20 in HEVEC for such quality (matrix and optics and fisheye) would be optimal!
4. Update! I hope to further improve the product.
The result - taking into account the cost of 5-5.5k (purchased at a store without dancing with an order for 5400r). It’s not a bad replacement for the yi basic hit. Whether this is a full replacement (excluding a conditional microphone) will be shown by real field tests.

I wonder what kind of sensor is there. And then there is no information anywhere. Hide. : blush:

Rep: (275)
Speakoff @ 02.21.19, 2:39 p.m.*
And then there is no information anywhere. Hide

I wrote in the topic on action cameras
Action cameras (Post v_max # 82597586)

V_max @ 02.21.19, 17:51*
I wrote in the topic on action cameras

Oh. Right Did not notice: blush:

Her lens is sad ...
https://youtu.be/Oh-wjetVeHw?t=233

Photo +2 brightness (I recommend) VS standard Auto

Posted on 02/23/2019, 18:14:

Video in the cloud 223 megabytes. Original:https://yadi.sk/i/GkdO6pPMjsZEwg
I hold in my hand 2.7 K H265 34mb bitrate stabilization ON. Evening 18:00. ISO is forced 100. -18 sharpness +2 Brightness

PS: I’ll probably leave it to myself. No matter how much she scoldedsavagemessiahzine.com_shniki - I like the picture, of course, like an action camera.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedNightfight - 23.02.19, 18:20

Nightfight @ 02.23.19, 10:10*
Video in the cloud 223 megabytes

mmmm .... well, how to understand / evaluate something from such a video is unrealistic;)
chatting the camera too much on the go ... and understand behind motion blur
the degree of watercolor soap from the codec and the noise canceler is almost impossible.
Well, with such soft even lighting, halos from oversharp dips
in black and overexposure will not come out either ...
Although in general it looks good for such conditions

In general, I would like to still sample taken on a sunny day and not on the go ...
it is possible and with hands but in statics without sharp movements of jerking the camera ...

sample shot on a sunny day and not on the go ...

https://yadi.sk/i/2_hirmo95xn4Bw- The sample in the photo. There is no sun, this video is one of the first, on the subject of the camera ...

Although in general it looks good for such conditions

I mean the same, the result is good, not ideal. Fix in ISO 100 with a config and in the afternoon everything is fine. Well, a working stub in 2.7k.
Therefore, he refused the idea of ​​replacement. What is annoying - you need to enable EIS every time you turn it on, but this software is new and the camera. In general, there is something to finish, I'm waiting.

Rep: (1)
It’s a normal video. But are there some color halos in the snow, or does it seem to me? And the price is quite adequate. In summer with good light will be very good

No artifacts.

I also shot a video for evaluation even in clear spring weather - in general, there are only 2 points: Small battery + contrast from the box and oversharp (if sharpe is -18 and +2 brightness - all the rules)
No update yet (

Rep: (0)
The owners! What stores did you order?

Nightfight @ 02.24.2019, 00:52*
In general, there is something to finish, I'm waiting.

Don’t wait .. you’ll wait, you won’t wait .. you need to hammer the support while draining their brain .. the only way there is a chance that they will do something

Rep: (234)
Firmwarev3.3.1from 08-03-2019.

Who noticed anything new in the firmware? I have only a slight decrease in bitrate.

Who noticed anything new in the firmware? I have only a slight decrease in bitrate.

I shoot in 2.7k - the bitrate is identical to 3.2.9.

So far I have not noticed anything) I am more than happy with the picture. But the battery still worries.

Has anyone measured her time?
And also the quality of stabilization in FHD and QHD \ UHD mode - is there any difference in favor of FHD?

Mongugay @ 03/12/19, 11:46*
The owners! What stores did you order?

Bought in the Store for 5400r. Look in the shops of the city, sometimes it makes no sense to order.

To revive a little topic I will give 2 comparisons. All at ISO 100 and -18 sharpness

1080p vs 2.7k (zoom 300%)

Attached Image

Attached Image

2.7k auto brighness vs 2.7k +3 brightness

Attached Image

Attached Image

1080 very much degrades the picture, I would not use it at all, porridge.
Increasing the brightness gives a good rise in the shadows, a softer picture and at the same time gives a little light when bright sources hit the light, it may be wiser to use +1 \ +2.
M
Images must be hidden under the spoiler

Post has been editedmihadom - 21.03.19, 16:27

They did not understand where the pickups from the microphone came from, and is it possible to get rid of them?

They did not understand where the pickups from the microphone came from, and is it possible to get rid of them?

No, I didn’t understand, maybe this can be solved by simple shielding. So far this bothers me a little because I'm not going to use it.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/17/19, 01:22