Library organization on PC / reader | PC Applications | fb2mobi [Other]

Rep: (51)
fb2mobi - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications
Supported platforms: Windows, MacOS, Linux

Discussion of the converter was originally conducted onthe-ebook.org (the resource is closed from March 1, 2019) and here in the subject Library organization on PC / reader .

In order not to litter the topic "Organization of the Library", further discussion will be conducted here.

This program is a refinement of the original project.dnk_dz - fb2conv. The original program has been translated into English, Python 3 and for a while lost ui (gui). In the process, various bugs were fixed and some new features were added that are listed in the documentation. After some time, the author of the original project found time, joined the project and returned the UI (GUI) from the old project, improving it. He also took care of the build for MAC.

Project site
Documentation
Latest binaries

Configuration examples:

1. Frommergen3107 (fb2 ->azw3, fb2 ->epub) - link
  2. FromELEKTR0NIK (fb2 ->azw3, fb2 ->epub) - link
  3. Fromeliy - link

Due to the difficulties of supporting Python on a variety of platforms, this project is in the freezing stage. Instead, it is proposed to usenew generation of converter .

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedrupor123 - 16.07.19, 23:00

Rep: (686)
* ELEKTR0NIK in a hat. There is also a link to the documentation.
Rupor123 @ 02/18/19, 17:41*
Project site
Documentation
Latest binaries

Post has been editedeliy - 10.03.19, 00:24

Rep: (37)
I post my profile for fb2mobi. Last Used Version: 3.6.67GUI .

Target Conversion Format : fb2 -> azw3 (kf8 format) and fb2 -> epub (but formatting is not as elegant as in azw3)
Devices : Kindle 4 button, Kindle PW3, Nook Glowlight Plus. For different devices, change the screen resolution accordingly in fb2mobi.config
Pages : there is. 1250 characters per page. For the new Kindle, the applied config works as it is: after conversion, there will be an azw3 file + a folder with the ending .sdr (you need to upload both to Kindle). For older Kindle (4 and below), you need to change the generateAPNX tag on the PC: after conversion there will be an azw3 file + an apnx file (throw both)
Vignettes : yes, different for 4 levels of headings (h0, h1, h2 and another style for all other levels)
Initial letter : normal font, 2 lines high
Footnotes : made to open in a popup window. They have a smaller font in the text, the lines of the main text from them do not deteriorate. That is, they do not change the line spacing (I struggled with this for a long time, details in the css file, line 135)
Indentation : poems are indented like a red line. The indentation itself is relatively small.
Transfers : there is
Quotations / word highlighting : works
Content : Duplex (Kindle)
Author Format : #f #m #l
Example: George Raymondovich Martinov
Kindle Name Format : {#abbrseries {#padnumber}} #title {\ {# series \}}
Example: plip01 Game of Thrones. Book I {Song of Ice and Fire}
Time counter to end of chapter : works fine
Embedded font : not
Send to Kindle : does not work, since the output format is azw3 - intentionally made to have pages and the output files were only azw3, not the mobi-container azw3 + mobi7
Covers : after conversion they are not there, I use synccovers

ASIN Generation : if you use the config to get azw3: not . If mobi: Yes .
What ASIN Affects: Without it, words inVocabulary builder and such books will not be visible in the Kranf Collection Manager (used for Kindle 4 and below). Maybe somewhere else, until I came across.

If you wantonlyazw3 + ASIN, I ask under cat:
To assign ASIN to azw3, use the rebuilt build for Windows 64-bit (it already has my config in it):fb2mobi_mergen3107_3.6.67
Its only difference from the original is that in the source file modules / mobi_split.py lines 584-586 are returned from the commented state to the usual one.
Reassembled on Python 3.6.5 + on packages versions specifiedhere.

But keep in mind that this ASIN is randomly generated and has nothing to do with the real Amazon ASIN.

Screenshots:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Link to download the config:
fb2mobi - mergen3107 config.zip

P.S. the config field around the text does not touch, I set it up separately.

Post has been editedmergen3107 - 14.03.19, 02:21

Rep: (40)
Mergen3107 @ 03/10/19, 01:09*
it seems to work

I don't have - cx_Freeze: Python error in main script.

* Randall4 , what do you start and how and in which operating system?

Rep: (40)
Eliy @ 03/10/19, 11:32*
what and how
- fb2mobi_3.6.67 (Windows 64-bit) from mergen3107 in Windows10 64-bit (fb2mobi-gui.exe).

Post has been editedRandall4 - 10.03.19, 11:43

* Randall4,
1. Follow the link to the binaries in the header and download fb2mobi_all_win64.zip
2. In the C: \ Program Files folder, create the fb2mobi folder
3. In this folder fb2mobi unzip the archive.
4. Run fb2mobi-gui.exe without any other config

Post has been editedeliy - 10.03.19, 12:00

* Randall4,
weird. Apparently, the assembled build did not get rid of Python dependencies. cx_Freeze is one of the necessary dependencies that I have (otherwise I wouldn’t build it).

I’ll look in more detail later.

Mergen3107 @ 03/10/19, 12:05*
weird. Apparently, the assembled build did not get rid of Python dependencies. cx_Freeze is one of the necessary dependencies that I have (otherwise I wouldn’t build it).

I’ll look in more detail later.

You would spread your builds in a separate personal topic or at least rename them so that they would not be confused with the original program. Here they can’t deal with a regular program sometimes ...

* eliy,
Ok, I'll clean it until I figure it out.
Although I just change 3 lines of code: D

Mergen3107 @ 03/10/19, 12:30*
Although I just change 3 lines of code: D

What for? What do they give that cannot be done through the config settings?

Rep: (53)
* mergen3107,
The one that starts in the header. And your error message.
Attached Image

windows 7 x64. ran the fb2mobi-gui.exe file

Found what the problem is. In his old entries, he found instructions from rupor123, which helps to install the necessary cx_Freeze package.
I will try in the evening.

And to the question "why" I commented out - this is to still return ASIN, having only azw3 files in the output. I remember that it was needed for the buttonless Kindle, otherwise Kranf Collection Manager did not see the book. For PW3 and LybrarianSync not yet tested, maybe it works differently.

Post has been editedmergen3107 - 11.03.19, 00:37

Mergen3107 @ 03/11/19, 0:36*
to still return ASIN, having only azw3 files in the output

Clear. Not the most important thing in your settings and the appearance of the book is not affected, so most people just need to use your style and settings in the original build from rupor123.

Rep: (0)
* mergen3107,
Mergen3107 @ 03/10/19, 03:09*
I post my profile for fb2mobi. Last used version: 3.6.63 GUI, but for a newer version there should be no problems.

Thank. But tell me, do dictionaries work for you? Well, that is, is saving word meanings stored in a dictionary?

* dearfrau,
Yes, they work

* eliy,
Yes.

I checked LibrarainSync on the original 67 + my profile - books are defined. So now there is no need for other builds at all.

I apologize to all for the turmoil. Now I’ll rub everything unnecessary in that post.

Rep: (70)
Is fb2mobi a component of some program or is it a separate software?

* ELEKTR0NIK separate software

Rep: (70)
* eliy Is there a manual for fb2mobi? I tried to convert fb2, fb2.zip and failed because of some kind of error.
I found style files, it is not clear which one needs to be edited, plus some editor needs to be downloaded to highlight css, because in notepad all the code in one line.
To be able to configure something for the Kindle, do you need to be qualified in web layout?
Is there a simpler way to convert files without dancing with a tambourine?

The documentation and the program itself are here:
Documentation
Latest binaries
Actually, as indicated in the header
Use latest version with GUI
And then on the Internet you can still find some kind of fb2mobi and there will be a mess ...
Run fb2mobi-gui.exe and use.
Organization of a library on a PC / reader | PC applications | fb2mobi [Other] (Post by eliy # 83199068)

It is better to edit styles and settings files in the notepad ++ program and not in a regular notepad.

Post has been editedeliy - 11.03.19, 16:15

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/08/19, 16:04