Library organization on PC / reader | PC Applications | fb2mobi [Other]

Rep: (52)
fb2mobi - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications
Supported platforms: Windows, MacOS, Linux

Discussion of the converter was originally conducted onthe-ebook.org (the resource is closed from March 1, 2019) and here in the subject Library organization on PC / reader .

In order not to litter the topic "Organization of the Library", further discussion will be conducted here.

This program is a refinement of the original project.dnk_dz - fb2conv. The original program has been translated into English, Python 3 and for a while lost ui (gui). In the process, various bugs were fixed and some new features were added that are listed in the documentation. After some time, the author of the original project found time, joined the project and returned the UI (GUI) from the old project, improving it. He also took care of the build for MAC.

Project site
Documentation
Latest binaries

Configuration examples:

1. Frommergen3107 (fb2 ->azw3, fb2 ->epub) - link
  2. FromELEKTR0NIK (fb2 ->azw3, fb2 ->epub) - link
  3. Fromeliy - link

Due to the difficulties of supporting Python on a variety of platforms, this project is in the freezing stage. Instead, it is proposed to usenew generation of converter .

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedrupor123 - 16.07.19, 23:00

Rep: (37)
in books converted to mobi with github and transferred by string, saving words to the dictionary does not work

Yes, thanks for writing!
Hmm, pretty weird. And "Remove Personal Label" you had True, right (this is in fb2mobi.config)?
If yes, then judging by the samecollectionof various combinations, ASIN registered in mobi7 file,but Kindle and its dictionary works anyway with mobi8 (azw3):
133 this is ASIN
mobi (remove personal label True)
EBOK **************
mobi_7 133
mobi_8 504
eInk - pages, PC - pages, eInk - no icon, dictionary, USB>EBOK, STK->PDOC

* rupor123,
This means that both here and in the new converter it is worth mentioning that your new document.kindlegen.force_asin_on_azw3 tag should be included if you need the function of adding memorization to the dictionary.

True, here it is not entirely clear to me:
1. Yes, words from the book are added to my dictionary, if you turn on document.kindlegen.force_asin_on_azw3 and turn off remove_personal_label

* eliy, Are you sure to turn off remove_personal_label so that words are added?
If the ASIN assignment algorithm remained the same in the new converter, then according to the same collection (see the beginning of this post), ASIN should be written in both cases:
azw3 (remove personal labelFalse )
PDOC 113, 504 (with force_asin_on_azw3 = true)
eInk - pages, PC - no pages, eInk - no icon, dictionary, USB>PDOC

azw3 (remove personal labelTrue )
EBOK 113, 504 (with force_asin_on_azw3 = true)
eInk - pages, PC - no pages, eInk - no icon, dictionary, USB>EBOK

P.S. Generally, remind me, please, how are EBOKs fundamentally different from PDOCs? Just (not) having a tag in the Kindle menu?

Post has been editedmergen3107 - 16.03.19, 08:52

Rep: (0)
Eliy @ 03/14/19, 12:41*
It’s not easier to send mobi via StK, the words will be added to “My Dictionary” if I understand correctly what Vocab.builder is. the only thing is, there will be no cover pictures on a book shelf in the library ...

Eliy, tell me, please - does synccovers work for books received by STK?
or only for AZW3 vis USB?

This means that both here and in the new converter it is worth mentioning that your new document.kindlegen.force_asin_on_azw3 tag should be included if you need the function of adding memorization to the dictionary.

I must honestly admit that I did not understand anything. Those. I realized that something wasn’t working - but in what cases it wasn’t completely. I once wrote that in order to change the settings you need to have test results throughout the grid, otherwise there will be confusion. To test everything now I have neither time nor desire ...

Post has been editedrupor123 - 19.03.19, 01:58

Rep: (686)
Madbuddha @ 03/18/19, 15:37*
tell me, please - does synccovers work for books received by STK?

Not. Only for azw3 transferred via USB.

Eliy @ 03/19/19 00:01*
Only for azw3 USB transferred

In general, the synccovers code looks for all mobi and azw3 files in the specified directory, and if it finds thumbnail and asin there, it takes it out. That is, in theory, if you let her into documents - will she look at all the books on the device, or not?

* rupor123 I don’t know why, but synccover does not work for
1. all azw3 received by StK
2. for azw3 files converted independently if they have Cyrillic names.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I tried many times with a null result.

Eliy @ 03/19/19, 05:36*
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I tried many times with a null result

We'll figure it out :)

eliy - Could you pierce the "fb2c synccovers" for these cases and share the resulting logs? In recent versions of fb2c, you can specify the full path to the file from which you want to pull the thumb, so that we should see a definite result. I will try to compare with my logs ...

Post has been editedrupor123 - 19.03.19, 15:29

Rep: (70)
* rupor123 , is it possible to build fb2mobi for arm64 linux in a container (Linux on DeX for Samsung)?

ELEKTR0NIK @ 05/22/19, 13:03*
is there a possibility

I do not have.

ELEKTR0NIK @ 05.26.19, 04:01*
which parameter is responsible for synchronization

I may be wrong (I do not use this) but you need to set remove personal label to false. Look, here in the "Organization of the library on a PC / reader" kmk there was a discussion.

Rupor123 @ 05.26.19, 13:52*
need to set remove personal label to false

Absolutely right.

Rep: (70)
Changed a littleconfigfrom uvmergen3107 .
Added profile Custom # 1
What has changed:

1. There is no vignette.
2. The name of the files in the series looks like this (in the Kindle): Book number in the series. Series {Title}
For example, 1. Save the USSR {Infiltration}
4. File name: Author and others (if several authors) - Book Title
5. Sync works both ways
6. Fixed display of page number. (The number of characters on the screen is 1250)
It should be understood that these "numbers" of pages are conditional and when turning the page, the number will not necessarily change. It depends on the number of characters located on the screen.

View after conversion
Attached Image

Attached Image

Screen font
Attached fileGentiumAlt.7z(107.41 KB)

Download the archive and unzip it to the fb2mobi folder with the replacement of old files (previously it is advisable to backup the previous configuration):

Post has been editedELEKTR0NIK - 23.07.19, 04:55
Reason for editing: UPD

Good evening. I just can’t adjust the display of covers. Installed initially fb2mobi with a graphical interface. In the settings in the bookmark, the Kindle checked the "Synchronize Covers" checkbox. Then I read that this does not work - I need synccovers. I downloaded the fb3mobi_all_win64 archive, unpacked it in Program Files. I convert the fb2 file to azw3 through the GUI version. After conversion in the program itself, a new file is displayed with a cover, I send it to Kindle in documents. I run the synccovers executable in the unpacked folder in Program Files. For a split second, a black command window appears and disappears. Covers do not appear. Explain what I'm doing wrong?

* jels0min0,
You need to not just run it, but also indicate the path.
It’s easier to do this:
1) Create a shortcut for synccovers.exe in the same folder
2) Right wedge on the label - properties
3) In the Target field (the very first one above), add after the quotation mark E: \ documents (or whatever your Kindle letter is)
4) Save properties and run

I did as Comrade advised. mergen3107. Created a shortcut in the fb2mobi_all_win64 folder. Now I have two synccovers executables: D. In the properties in the Object field, after the quotation marks, I added the drive letter / documents. Saved, launched - again does not work. Just in case, I made a printscreen of the command line that pops up when synccovers starts.

Attached images
Attached Image

* jels0min0,
very strange.
The fact that I found the system folder is already good.
Are the converted books exactly in G: / documents sitting?

It works for me.

Yes, I did. Also there in documents appeared a folder with the file name and the end of sdr

Posted on 07/16/2019, 22:53:

There are two files in the folder with the ending azw3f and azw3r

azw3f, azw3r?
I have never seen such before.
Only azw3

Continuing the problem of displaying covers ... I did everything according to the instructions, as Comrade advised. rupor: deleted all books from documets, deleted all files from thumbnails. Disconnected PW3, waited "while everything will be fine" (just like a ritual or magic ritual), made sure (inside himself) of this. I didn’t understand how to see it with scanning, and should the scanning process start if there are no books on the reader at all (only 4 dictionaries). I waited a couple of minutes, in a word. I connected PW3, threw books into documents, launched synccovers. I went to check just in case in thumbnails, covers appeared. Disconnected the reader, and covers are not displayed again. That is, it turns out that the scanning process was not completed. What am I doing wrong?

* jels0min0, Cyrillic book file names?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/11/19, 11:03 a.m.