Library organization on PC / reader | PC Applications | fb2converter [Other]

Rep: (66)
fb2converter - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications
Supported platforms: Windows, MacOS, Linux

Discussion of the converter was originally conducted onthe-ebook.org (the resource is closed from March 1, 2019) and here in the subject Library organization on PC / reader .

In order not to litter the topic "Organization of the Library", further discussion will be conducted here.

This program is an iteration of the project.fb2mobi and is the result of summarizing the experience gained in the process of supporting fb2mobi. The main reasons for its creation are the difficulties in supporting binary distributions of code written in Python, as well as historical stratifications on the command line and fb2mobi configuration. Discussion fb2mobi conducted here .

fb2c has no dependencies and does not require installation. During the processing, an attempt was made to separate the command line from the configuration file, simplified the configuration and normalized the use of Unicode. Removed or simplified fb2mobi (XSLT, custom dictionaries) features that nobody used. At the same time, everything connected with the visual formatting of the book (stylesheets, etc.) remains practically unchanged. Accordingly the documentation forfb2mobiin partdocument formattingstill relevant.

Currently, fb2c can do more than the fb2mobi command line.

Some differences from fb2mobi, worthy of mention:
  • Changed the algorithm for processing the names of the received files (you can list in the directory by metadata)
  • Processes the files within directories and files, allows flexible definition of the name and path of the result (s)
  • Somewhat different hyphenation algorithm
  • Advanced processing of footnotes
  • golang runtime handles images somewhat differently than Python - so some broken images will become more visible (there is use_broken_images in the configuration)
  • Page size is calculated in Unicode code points and not in bytes.
  • Changed the generation of table of contents for epub (toc.ncx), expanded the formatting capabilities of the displayed table of contents
  • Added new text formatting features.
  • Kobo KEPUB format supported
  • The generated epub is being tested.epubcheck

Project site
Latest binaries
Attempt to documentation

Shell / GUI with full integration
  • Multi-platform GUI (and not only) to fb2converter fromdnk_dz - libro
  • Windows program for managing collections of electronic books in any format -MyHomeLib

For those who forgot the command line, a brief reminder on the convert command:
Attached Image

The logic works like this: if you hotit something configure - choose the location, use the export command, and change the way you like and specify the path to your configuration at the selected location when the program starts. If you try to change css stylesheet - make sure that your configuration file "document.style" uncommented and points to your file with the styles. Otherwise, an embedded value - the default configuration. personal program anywhere she chooses not to drive.

Attached ImageAttached Image
Short instruction fromeliy for the lazy
1. Download the archive here
2. We read documentationhere
3. Unpack in some folder, for example C: \ fb2c
4. Run the terminal WIN + R and cmd.exe
5. go to the folder with the cd c: \ fb2c \ fb2converter program (if I'm not mistaken, but you can look in the explorer for the correct path to fb2c.exe)
6. Execute "fb2c.exe export."The point at the end is important!
7. Settings files, styles, vignettes, etc. will appear in the program folder. which can be edited.

For Mac and Kindle users : From version 10.15 Catalina 32 bit applications are no longer supported. You will need a new version of kindlegen - it is included in the distribution fb2converter since version 1.32. ( Peveks )

Post has been editedrupor123 - 15.01.20, 15:12

Rep: (2)
Thank you for your efforts.
I downloaded 1.7 and exported using the command line configuration files.
At this my understanding over. How did he slip fb2, to get Kepub?

Rep: (751)
* 626pda , There is in general Library organization on a PC / reader (Post eliy # 82418056)
Organization of the library on a PC / chitalke | Desktop Applications | fb2converter [Other] (Post eliy # 82542956)
if the demand there,
Only instead of the --to mobi necessary --to kepub

Post has been editedeliy - 01.03.19, 10:14

Well, now it's like working?

fb2mobi established in my directory Program Files, opened graphical shell startup file =>add =>importirovat_kuda_nado
and here how?

* 626pda , The command line is working. Like this:
1. Organization of a library on a PC / reader | PC applications | fb2converter [Other] (Post by rupor123 # 82524030)
2. Create a folder 2. One for the original fb2 for another result. For example: c: \ fb2book and c: \ kepubbook
3. In the folder, copy the files fb2book
4. The terminal execute command

c: \ fb2c \ fb2converter \ fb2c.exe convert --to kepub c: \ fb2book c: \ kepubbook

5. From the folder c: \ kepubbook pick up and read the result.

Yes, I read. Thanks. Very rescued. Command line last used 25 years ago. I'll try to remember the * .bat
Creator Converter, commentators and personallyeliythank

Post has been edited626pda - 01.03.19, 11:45

626pda @ 1.03.19, 11:40*
What to do something

Read.Library organization on a PC / reader (Post eliy # 82418056)
Organization of the library on a PC / chitalke | Desktop Applications | fb2converter [Other] (Post eliy # 82542956)
Organization of the library on a PC / chitalke | Desktop Applications | fb2converter [Other] (Post eliy # 82896049)
There's all about one thing. How to use the program without a GUI

Post has been editedeliy - 01.03.19, 11:44

* 626pda In sovemennom windows .cmd better

It is possible so:
Organization of the library on a PC / chitalke | Desktop Applications | fb2converter [Other] (Post eliy # 82855119)

Well, only a little change command. There about mobi and stk, but you do not need it, you find it easier. Specify an output folder and send it kepub

Post has been editedeliy - 01.03.19, 11:53

OK, it works, more than enough. Thanks.

I wonder how to wean from adding in a series of books the name and number?
That's just from this and had the idea to leave, and here it is again haunting me
And so - a thing!
Somehow not very
Attached Image

I do not think that all this should be initially
or
I think that not all of it is necessary initially

Post has been edited626pda - 01.03.19, 14:03

626pda @ 01.03.19, 05:11*
I do not think that all this should be initially

Put title_format = "#title" configuration

Rep: (158)
* 626pda,
change
author_format = "#f #l" (or author_format = "#l #f")

And then you have the screenshot somehow not on Feng Shui, but you may like it.

.qwerty @ 01.03.19, 21:35*
And then you have the screenshot somehow not on Feng Shui, but you may like it.

You mean instead familiya_imya imya_familiya author?
Oo !! And I was puzzled why in my fb2 reader-book shows, for example, in "Lyudmila Gurchenko" and obtained by fb2mobi their Kepub-up - fall into the "Lyudmila Gurchenko." Cursing fate and the rules of their meta hands to the number of authors do not breed on the eyes. Turns out, it was predetermined by the developer.
You know, I think that the debuggers and the developer of this converter requires the group is not familiar with programming testers on: "whether it is necessary here it is, or what-so, or whether that's can not be that," unless, of course, the finished version is intended for, as stated where -What up, "untrained user" and is not a training ground for the running of ideas, skills test, "purely for themselves," etc.

For example, I just wanted my KOBO AURA ONE shows the name, series and number of the book in this series. Agree, it would be nice and convenient. In addition, KOBO allows normal use of references and illustrations to open in full screen only KePub format. So the choice was predetermined by the converter. Grateful that there is a possibility to take advantage of the fruits of your efforts, surprised by the responsiveness, speed and endurance.
So.
RespectedSLOTHEADSwas able to interest at least respected developer and vot have metatags in KePub from fb2, thank you. But! maybe someone like the addition of the first letters of the name of the series and the number in parentheses before the name of the book (and I do not know who we discussed it a bit and I do have respect for this to him, but how else?). But I do this in the IT (Other) converter is not expected, considering that it is personal preferences of a particular person for themselves.
The second surprise was vignette. No, of course, they are beautiful, and it is necessary? Now I have 23 books in the same vignettes from head to toe, without any proportion between their size and location and text. Maybe the original version to receive default without vignettes and extra letters in the title (it probably looks much more at Feng Shui than the author's name in front of the name), and who should, he would be screwed to imagine their health itself (like me to \ I left the order name \ name).
Not in any way do not claim. And do not even wish. just look the part.
The branch KOBO AURA ONE lot of unfamiliar (in general, is not familiar) programming owners and blessed be those who make their lives easier without the need to edit config files, command line, etc., etc. ...
P.S. I, for one, some things are remembered last four days, and about the existence of some kind, and does not even suspect. "change
author_format "Here's a tip. Where as, xs ...

Post has been edited626pda - 01.03.19, 22:06

626pda @ 01.03.19, 21:50*
But! maybe someone like the addition of the first letters of the name of the series and the number in parentheses before the name of the book (and I do not know who we discussed it a bit and I do have respect for this to him, but how else?). But I do this in the IT (Other) converter is not expected, considering that it is personal preferences of a particular person for themselves.

Time for you to move on to the second stage of the development program:
The file with the extension TOML program settings, where you can change a lot of what you unnecessarily, but there is a drain in the settings. And vignettes including set up there.
Once you have configured the way you need to, save such as kepub.toml now Converter can use your personal settings. Need to add
c kepub.toml

c: \ fb2c \ fb2converter \ fb2c.exe -c c: \ fb2c \ fb2converter \ kepub.toml convert --to kepub c: \ fb2book c: \ kepubbook

in the folder profiles have default.kepub.css style file in which you can fine-tune style and specify your custom file in kepub.toml you have complete control over how it would be in your books

Post has been editedeliy - 01.03.19, 22:01

626pda @ 01.03.19, 21:50*
You mean instead familiya_imya imya_familiya author? ... Scolded fate and the rules of their meta hands to the number of authors are not bred in front
I'm talking about the fact that the authors of the fetus you still there (configuration.toml) default
author_format = "#l {#f {#m}}"

I recommend you put a standard:
author_format = "#f #l" (Lyudmila Gurchenko)

Vasily Zvyagintsev Zvyagintsev and Basil (your screenshot) - will be identified as different authors :(

Post has been edited.qwerty - 01.03.19, 22:11

626pda @ 01.03.19, 13:50*
You know, I think that the debuggers and developers need this converter group are not familiar with programming testers on: "whether it is necessary or this is why so something or if it's impossible"

Yes, long ago I do not read :) Group debuggers / developers in my face, said that for this purpose it is, ie, I read this forum. So do not hesitate to speak up - everything will be taken into account. As far as possible.

unless, of course, the finished version is intended for, as was said somewhere above "untrained user" and is not a training ground for the running of ideas, skills test, "purely for themselves," etc.

The same group asked me to tell that anything about the training of users does not know and is not intended, but simply sharing what they have done for themselves. Well, since this activity is not a paid professional, and takes place in their spare time, users will not be offended by what kind of programs are non-profit. Instead, you can spend 10 minutes of the time (I know, sorry for him) and read the documentation (which is linked to the title theme) - then it becomes clear that the program can and can not do and how they (program) set up "by itself" .

For example, I just wanted

Finally, the group debugger / developer recalls that does not have psychic powers and thoughts can not read. The program is just a converter, but not an old man Hottabych, so feel free to express their thoughts, but remember "that the Russian well German death" - the converter is designed for use with different devices, so make the program perfectly works without configuration in all cases it is impossible. Configure still have.

Post has been editedrupor123 - 01.03.19, 22:45

I recommend you put a standard:

Thank you, I will try tomorrow. Here's an example, if there is a standard, why ... I guess there were some reasons.
Time for you to move on to the second stage of the development program:
Have to:-)
Your detailed and operational explanations are very useful.
"Buy KOBO home and you do not face Alzheimer's disease"

Post has been edited626pda - 01.03.19, 22:55

626pda @ 01.03.19, 14:53*
Here's an example, if there is a standard, why

Standard no. It is what is most often used - but other people use Kindle. I have a Kindle and the program was written for him. Kobo I added at the request ofmakara and Heffalump .

Post has been editedrupor123 - 01.03.19, 22:58

* 626pda,
you wouldeven bought a lottery ticketin toml looked, there has comments, it is clear, though on burzhuinskie:
# ---- Pattern to format author name.
# ---- "#f" - first name
# ---- "#fi" - first name initial (first letter)
# ---- "#m" - middle name
# ---- "#mi" - middle name initial (first letter of middle name)
# ---- "#l" - last name
author_format = "#l {#f {#m}}"

first name - Name
middle name - Middle name
last name - Last name

By default, it converts both the FI or name (if any middle name in the source)

I recommend Imya_Familiya (so sort correctly Kobo will)

And as with the other settings, there are commentaries on them, it is quite understandable that the inexperienced user to understand. Just do not take the time and thoughtful review.

Post has been edited.qwerty - 01.03.19, 23:14

simply sharing what they have done for themselves
I expected, honestly, very shy then spread his little-interesting opinion. Glad that did not cause negative emotions.
For example, I just wanted

I just explained how it was that I was interested in your work.
you can spend 10 minutes

Skills Week will take into elementary for knowing the things of man, despite the fact that I'm retired. I understand, of course, but ...
This is not a paid professional activity

It makes sense to discuss?

626pda @ 01.03.19, 15:18*
It makes sense to discuss

No, it is not necessary right. I just love reading and trying to create an "island of stability" for himself and his friends. I do so this year with about 2000 to in the stormy sea of ​​the Internet has not lost the ability to read books already accumulated. Since the appearance of Russian Amazon is not expected, and rely on the stability of the solutions currently available (flibusta type) is foolish and short-sighted.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 12/02/20, 15:46