Messages 989
Check in: 01.04.14

TP-Link tl-wr1042nd - Discussion
other: Unix

Attached Image
Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
The N Series Wireless Gigabit Router with data transfer speeds up to 300 Mbps, thanks to the latest advances in networking for home networks, will provide fantastic home and small office specifications for working with various application scenarios, such as high definition streaming video, IP telephony, sharing access to large files and online games. The device supports MIMO technology (multiple input, multiple output), handles WMM (Wi-Fi Multi Media) and has Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections with lightning speed, which allows many users to simultaneously use applications that are sensitive to bandwidth and disconnections. Model TL-WR1042ND is specially equipped with a USB port, it can be used to connect a storage device, a media server, an FTP server and a print server. A wireless on / off button allows users to easily turn on / off wireless broadcasts of a router as needed.

Wireless standard N - speed limit and coverage area
The router supports the IEEE 802.11 n standard, users can create a wireless network and get a speed of 18 times greater and the range of the network is 6 times greater than the speed and range of a standard 11 g conditional device network. The router has sufficient speed for smooth operation with almost any bandwidth sensitive application, including IP telephony, high-definition streaming video or online games without delays. Thanks to the powerful technologies of the N standard, the router can also reduce data loss when transmitting a signal over long distances and through obstacles, turning your home and even your yard into one large wireless access zone.

Easy to use
1. Wireless On / Off button
The TL-WR1042ND model is equipped with a Wireless On / Off button that allows you to turn on / off wireless broadcasts as needed.
2. Domain name login function
Thanks to the login feature by entering the domain name tplinklogin.net into the address bar instead of a long IP address, users can easily log into the device
3. Easy to install
A CD with a Quick Setup Wizard is attached to the device, which will help you to configure the device step by step, and even to configure the wireless network and its protection, which is very convenient for users, especially for novice users.
One-touch security setup
The TL-WR1042ND router supports WI-FI Protected Setup (WPS) technology, which allows you to instantly secure your wireless network by pressing the “WPS” button once, after which the wireless network will automatically be set to WPA2 (more reliable than WEP encryption). This is not only the fastest way to install protection, but also the most convenient - you do not even need to remember your password!
IP QoS - Bandwidth Control
In a wireless network, indiscriminate browsing of websites on the Internet and downloading large files by internal network users are often left at home or small offices without sufficient channel width. The TL-WR1042ND supports IP QoS, which ensures optimal and even distribution of data flow for each application. Thus, users of a small network receive their specific bandwidth, and non-critical applications do not degrade network performance.
More details:https: //www.tp-link.co...tails/TL-WR1042ND.html
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
HARDWARE CHARACTERISTICS
Standards and Protocols IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
Interface 4 LAN ports 10/100/1000 Mbit / s
1 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN port
1 USB 2.0 port
Buttons WPS Button, Wireless On / Off Button, Reset Button
External power supply 12 V DC. current / 1.5 A
Dimensions (WxLxH) 200 x 140 x 28 mm
Antenna 2 * 3 dBi removable omnidirectional antennas (RP-SMA connector)
PARAMETERS OF WIRELESS MODULE
The frequency range (reception and transmission) 2400-2483.5 MHz
Transfer rate 11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11n: up to 300 Mbps (dynamic)
Sensitivity (reception) 270 Mbit / s: -68 dBm at 10% PER;
130 Mbps: -69.5 dBm with 10% PER
108 Mbps: -69.5 dBm with 10% PER;
54 Mbps: -69.5 dBm with 10% PER
11 Mbps: -85 dBm with 8% PER;
6 Mbps: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1 Mbps: -90 dBm with 8% PER
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20 dBm or<100 mW
Wireless featuresEnable / Disable Wireless Broadcast, WDS Bridge, WMM, Wireless Connection Statistics
Wireless Security 64/128-bit WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
CHARACTERISTICS OF SOFTWARE
QoS (data prioritization) WMM, bandwidth control
WAN connection type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE /
PPTP (Dual Access) / L2TP (Dual Access) / BigPond
Management Access Control
Local management
Remote control
DHCP server, client, list of DHCP clients,
address reservation
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Triggering, UPnP, DMZ Host
Access Control Parental Control, Local Management Control, Node List, Scheduled Access, Rules Management
Network security (firewall) Protection against DoS attacks, SPI firewall,
filtering by IP address / MAC address / domain name,
binding by IP and MAC address
OTHER
Scope of Delivery TL-WR1042ND
2 removable omnidirectional antennas
Power adapter
Ethernet cable
CD with materials
Quick Setup Guide
System Requirements Microsoft® Windows® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista ™, or Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10, MAC® OS, NetWare®, UNIX®, or Linux
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 ℃ ~ 40
Storage temperature: -40 ℃ ~ 70 ℃
Operating Humidity: 10% ~ 90%, non-condensing
Humidity during storage: 5% ~ 90%, without condensation
More details:https: //www.tp-link.co...ND.html#specifications
Useful information

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedv111v111 - 17.02.19, 15:48
v111v111
Message#2
16.02.19, 00:10
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 989

On occasion, I got into the hands of TP-Link tl-wr1042nd and I found out that there is no corresponding topic onsavagemessiahzine.comas a result I had to create it myself. When I looked at this model and compared it with TP-Link tl-wr1043nd v.1 And at first glance tl-wr1042nd looked very attractive, not expensive gigabit, 620 MHz processor, against 400 in 43rd, 64 MB memory, against 32 mb at the 43rd. Both gigabit with data transfer rates up to 300 Mbps. At first glance, the tl-wr1042nd looked more attractive both in price and hardware. But ... the 42nd Realtek RTL8198 processor (620 MHz), and the 43rd Atheros AR9132 (400 MHz) processor, and although the latter is significantly inferior in frequency, BUT, however, it does have a bunch of alternative firmware. The owners of Realtek in terms of software have to be content with the manufacturer’s trimming, with reduced functionality. For example, if the functionality on the factory firmware of both routers is almost the same, then on 43 themes with alternative firmware, the work of 3g modems, WI-FI client mode and so on becomes available, that is, almost any functions ... This decided my choice in favor 43rd what else never regretted. And I will use the 43rd model, until 5 GHz becomes relevant for me ... This introduction is for understanding what tl-wr1042nd is in comparison with other tp-links ... :)
As I already said, the router got to me on occasion, as it began to hang up often with the previous owners (having worked for 4 years with a duolo) and with the purchase of a new router was gathering dust on the shelf. I got v1.0
First of all, I was surprised by the unit Huntkey 12v 1,5A, although the former owners claimed that the power supply unit was not changed. Having rummaged in the Internet, I found out that some parties of tl-wr1042nd were compiled by their own Tplinkian BPs, and some were coming from Huntkey hka01812015-3k. BP showed a voltage of 11.81v, there is no significant subsidence under load. At the same time, the “native” Tplinkovsky block from the 43rd 12v 1,5A showed 12.45V. Deviations of a few tenths of a volt for the power supply of the router is quite acceptable.
A router with removable antennas for 3 dbi.
A machine with firmware 3.15.3 Build 130705 Rel.55616n came to me. First of all, the router was flashed to the latest firmware (2014) 3_15_3_up_boot (140414). The revision of the router is the first one, respectively, the firmware is also the same. If you write on a router v1.0., 1.3,1.4 does not matter.
Next was rozobran, cleaned from dust and radiator was glued to the processor.
Began testing. I have a 100 megabyte tariff, so I can’t check gigabit speeds, but the router showed good results over the cable, the speed does not cut. At gigabit speeds, like somewhere at the office. the forum jumped that it has a software speed limit of up to 300 per lan / The result is similar to TP-Link tl-wr1043nd v.3. Then I compared them along the wi-fi range. TP-Link tl-wr1043nd v.3 Openwrt with increased transmitter power showed the best coverage radius on the same 3 dbi anitennas. Checked android. In the area of ​​poor reception, where the android showed a signal from the 43rd 82-85 dBm, the signal from the 42nd was not visible at all. At the same time I want to warn beginners, replacing antennas does not solve the problem. Replacing antennas can help where the signal is on the edge, then it catches something it does not catch .. And then it is not always ... In terms of speed, wi-fi first showed speed close to the 43rd. but then I started dropping off the connection up to 65 Mb / s .. I need to figure it out ... For today everything ... I’m going to replenish the topic slowly ... Good luck ...
I got a flash from me Winbond 25q64fvsig
I tried to upload firmware via TFTP in recovery mode as specified here.https: //forum.tp-linkr...&t=4315&p=70908#p70908He killed two hours ... I wrote to the support, answered that as far as they know this model does not support TFTP recovery .. :)
A horrible piece of iron ... It’s good that he didn’t buy this haemorrhoids at one time ... Well, at least there is uart

Post has been editedv111v111 - 18.02.19, 13:50

--------------------
Lenovo P70-A
miui9_Pro_8.3.8_by disega
Dandy82
Message#3
26.02.19, 14:31
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 29
Check in: 20.11.12
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

tp-link tl-wr1042nd I understand that this router does not know how to work with modems?
v111v111
Message#4
28.02.19, 09:55
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 989

* Dandy82No ... Although a router with a good iron .. But Ralink The only possible option is to remake it netgear jnr3210, bay firmware dump on 1042 ..
But there is also no 3g

Post has been editedv111v111 - 28.02.19, 10:20

--------------------
Lenovo P70-A
v111v111
Message#5
16.03.19, 16:44
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 989

Romanelo @ 03/16/19, 15:19*
gargoyle
Gargoyle ...!? .. From where ... You were right about the topic ... Or are you talking about the second router ..

Post has been editedv111v111 - 16.03.19, 16:45

--------------------
Lenovo P70-A

mobile version    Now: 06/17/19 17:52