3D printer Anycubic Mega-S | [other]

Rep: (91)
Anycubic Mega-S 3D Printer (Updated i3 Mega)

Attached Image

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Features
Anycubic Mega-S is the successor to the popular Mega i3 printer with updated components that allow you to print flexible materials. It also has an integrated coil holder for a more compact look.
Features:
- Upgraded extruder capable of printing flexible parts with TPU filament
- Ultrabase's innovative heated 3D printing platform makes it very easy to remove parts after cooling. Details will have a nice smooth bottom surface.
- Integrated one-piece filament holder for smoother material delivery and compact placement. The newest V5 nozzle that makes printing accurate and fast. The risk of clogging is greatly reduced.
- Simple assembly. The printer was mainly pre-assembled at the factory and tested within 24 hours. Assembly is only 8 screws and three cables, and you are ready to go. The kit even includes 1 kg of filament.
- Dual Z-axis sensors make calibration more accurate
- Durable aluminum profile frame. A stiffer frame results in more accurate printing.
- Simple navigation and quick response on a TFT color touch screen. It has a multilingual menu and a wide range of software options.
- Resume printing after power loss. A useful feature, especially for large print models.
- Intelligent temperature control system. It provides a temperature within 2 В° C of its parameters to prevent the accidental effect of thermal acceleration [/ center]

Device photos
Attached Image

Device characteristics
Printing technology: FDM
Print dimensions: 210x210x205 mm
Layer height: 0.05-0.3 mm
Accuracy: X / Y: 0.0125 mm, Z: 0.002 mm
Number of Extruders: One
Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
Print speed: 20 ~ 100 mm / s (suggested 60mm / s)
Supported materials: PLA, ABS, TPU, HIPS, Wood
Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
Operating ambient temperature: 8-40 В° C
Extruder operating temperature: max 260 В° C
Table working temperature: max 110 В° C
Slicer software: Cura, Simplify3D, Repetier-HOST
Supported slicer formats: .STL, .OBJ, .DAE, .AMF
Supported print formats: GCODE
Connections: SD memory card; USB cable (for advanced users)
Input voltage: 110/220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Printer dimensions: 405x410x453 mm
Packaging dimensions: 510С…540С…260 mm.
Weight: ~ 11 kg

Drivers, Firmware and Software
Drivers :
Attached fileMega-S_Win_Drivers.zip(3.66 MB)

Attached fileMega-S_Mac_Driver.zip(183.14 KB)
Linux (drivers self-defined)

Firmware :
Attached filev1.1.2.hex.zip(99.41 KB)
(08/10/2018) - for i3 Meganot upgraded to Mega-S
Attached filev1.1.3.hex.zip(114.68 KB)
(02/25/2019) - for Mega-S and i3 Mega upgraded to Mega-S
Attached filev1.2.0.hex.zip(99.41 KB)
(December 17, 2018) - It was recalled by the manufacturer, but I did not personally observe any problems on it. Also designed for Mega-S and i3 Mega upgraded to Mega-S

Slicers:
Cura- All latest versions are available only for x64 architecture.Video instructionby settings.
Simplify3Dand most detailedvideo instructionsall its settings.

3D models for Anycubic Mega
Utility
Problems and solutions
Usefulguideon printing issues.
  • The printer's table does not heat up well; it does not heat up more than 100 degrees.
    As a temporary solution, you can use the desktop insulation and an additional tool to improve the adhesion of plastic, which will allow you to print at lower temperatures. The problem is solved by replacing the table under warranty.
  • Problems with plastic adhesion (sticking of parts) on a regular coating
    Tsaponlak.
    Abs juice
    Clay Moment Joiner (PVA)
    You can also use hairspray and glue stick.

• Nozzle clogged.
    Solution: you can clean it with a special drill to clean the nozzles. Or,assistantsby methods.
    And to prevent blockages - you need to hang on the filament rod -filterfilled with pieces of sponge and other suitable materials.
  • The screen lights up if you manually move the carriage or table, with the printer turned off.
    No solution required, normal behavior.
  • The cover of the table is peeled off / the table is not even / there are bumps and / or cavities that prevent printing.
    Solution: demand to send a new warranty table from sellers. As a temporary solution, you can try to turn it over with the other side, replace the cover with another glass / mirror, etc.

Modernization

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 10.07.19, 19:41
Reason for editing: header to section standards

Rep: (31)
* MECHANISM , like any atmega printer .. You have a trigorilla board, then Ardino ide to help, and the site 3dtuday. Everything is detailed there.

Rep: (41)
* darkcats I watched that site. There is a ready-made firmware manufacturer, in the form of "HEX". But ArduinoID does not open it. Therefore, it cannot be poured into the printer.

* MECHANISM , I also have a cube, only 4max and there is a trigorilla, and so the sources were laid out on it, and the Anikubiks themselves gave it after talking with support .. The firmwares differ only in the settings, you can fill the marlin with another ... What kind of board do you have?

Posted on 02/20/2019, 15:21:

* MECHANISM , and the hex must be sewn with a programmer, for trigorilla this is also atmega Uno for example, and everything is there, for three

Post has been editeddarkcats - 20.02.19, 15:19
Reason for editing: Extra

What is your fee?

I do not have a cube, I have his Russian interpretation from DEXP. So visually everything seems to be the same, but inside they could put something wrong. Is there a way to find out without disassembling? I don’t know how exactly my firmware differs, I want to put on it instead of the standard 1.1.1 without unnecessary hemorrhoids. - 1.1.2., Hands itch. I do not want to configure anything.

MECHANISM, and the hex must be sewn with a programmer, for trigorillas it is also atmega Uno for example, and everything is there, for three

In short, you need to take Arduino Uno, make it a programmer for my board, then put the HEX firmware there, then connect Arduino through the printer’s USB to make it flash. So?

* MECHANISM , well, remove the cover from the motherboard and you will see ... In general, the trigorilla is everywhere on the cubes .. But it is read to Arduine like ramps 1.4 .. Everything else is ...

Post has been editeddarkcats - 20.02.19, 15:39
Reason for editing: Extra

MECHANISM @ 02/18/19, 15:06*
And someone figured out how to sew a printer?

I was flashing through Cura as Anycubic myself recommend

The firmware is uploaded, but the version in the Info menu remains 1.1.0 (Tools - More - Info)
Official Anycubic replies that this is normal and the version will show the old one, but if the firmware in Cura went to the end and there was a signal at the end on the printer, then the firmware is actually updated!
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedmax-gulyash - 28.03.19, 08:53

Baby Groot
Attached Image
Attached Image

PLA material
Layer 0.1mm
5% filling
Size 147.7x93.5x150mm
Printing time ~ 21 hours
Download -https://yadi.sk/d/e94QCdUFooJeiA

Printed with a backing because fingers "left", then she cut it off easily with manicure scissors. This is my first printed model of such a plan. Support neatly removed in 10-15 minutes. If I were printing now, then maybe I would risk making fewer supports, but the risk of getting a joint would increase ... and it was awesomely printed and came out after painting with bombs, although I have never been an artist))

Post has been editedmax-gulyash - 20.02.19, 20:33

table Ultrabase no need to smear

Maybe ABS behaves this way ... there was only a probe of it, but PLA unfortunately only if the substrate is used can stick without jambs without everything. Well, if the first layer contains a small area and instead of a substrate - a skirt, then I can not do without varnish

Post has been editedmax-gulyash - 20.02.19, 20:46

Rep: (0)
Hello. What can I say, maybe I'm out of luck. I bought a printer - I printed the owl perfectly, then the problems started, I can’t calibrate the table exactly, the support service sent a new table, but again the same problem, the nozzle catches in the middle, and it’s normal around the edges like a convex table, the consultant gave a video how to check, I checked everything according to the instructions, but did not understand what was wrong, I did not see any obvious defects. He sent the video to the consultant, they should have sent some spare parts (they sent a letter), but the track number was not found during the check. so I don’t even know what to do.
Maybe someone faced such problems in the printer, where else to "dig"?

* lehasveta , wrote about this. He has a crooked axis, apparently.

Rep: (32)
MECHANISM @ 02.28.19, 12:38*
wrote about this. He has a crooked axis, apparently.

and I read that just a crooked glass in the center was pressed with a finger and normally it went further ...

Post has been editedclawhammer2007 - 28.02.19, 14:04

Rep: (4)
I came across what was done, replaced all the guides, replaced all the bearings, replaced the table, replaced the plate to which the table itself is attached, one fig belly, put a touch alignment sensor, now it prints perfectly! I replaced Bowden with titanium and went over my head and replaced it with a better version too

Post has been editedshakalby - 28.02.19, 14:11

Clawhammer2007 @ 02.28.19, 2:04 p.m.*
and I read that just a crooked glass in the center was pressed with a finger and normally it went further ...

I saw it too. But how do you press a glass with your finger? This is glass and not aluminum ... You just need to take a ruler and attach it. And everything will be clear.

Posted on 02/28/2019, 14:28:

Shakalby @ 02.28.19, 14:11*
put a touch leveling sensor

So there seem to be sensors. Or is it about something else?

Rep: (4)
MECHANISM @ 02.28.19, 14:27*
So there seem to be sensors. Or is it about something else?

There are no table calibration sensors !!!

Rep: (0)
Hi, try to calibrate the table at a table temperature of 60 degrees

Post has been editedSelik666 - 01.03.19, 08:48

Rep: (2)
I apologize maybe off topic but on the off site there is no such printer model as Mega-s)))

Rep: (32)
IIOJIYHO4HUK @ 03/01/19, 09:52*
I apologize maybe off topic but on the off site there is no such printer model as Mega-s)))

https: //www.aliexpress....48356.1.44e08891Ntfei5
Yes, this is the same mega. 1 item replaced. most likely they will leave it when the old ones sell out.

PS: the author fill out a topic with current data on gadgets to the printer. otherwise I ordered myself, but what else is unknown and google banned

Rep: (36)
No one knows if it is possible to install a Wi-Fi module for controlling from a phone / tablet on our printer model?

Faced a problem on another same printer. In the "All to 0" position, as soon as you turn on the heating, something begins to squeak randomly. As one of the trailer. Turn off the heating - the limit switches calm down. Moreover, I tried to press them individually with my finger one at a time, an endless squeak starts on at least two different ones. Z right and X. Kontsevik one changed - nothing has changed. Contacts seem to be normal, connectors in place. What's the matter?

Rep: (2)
guys help advice ((
came it means i3 mega collected printed owls on the trail. day, I flashed the printer with firmware from this site ((((and there’s nothing more to unpack it can’t pour plastic, even that file with native owls ((
what could be where to dig?

I realized that the firmware is just for the new extruder in the subject ((((therefore, it is necessary to somehow calibrate the plastic supply. I set the flow to 20-30 percent and it pours a lot in places

Post has been editedIIOJIYHO4HUK - 02.03.19, 12:15

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/06/19, 06:55 AM