Messages 48
Check in: 07.01.17

TP-Link 850 RE
other: Windows 7

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
TP-LINK TL-WA850RE
TL-WA850RE is a universal wireless signal amplifier from TP-LINK, designed to expand the coverage of the wireless network and increase the power of the wireless signal, as well as to eliminate the "dead zones". Data transfer speeds of up to 300 Mbps, small size and the ability to install on the wall, the Range Extender button - all this will help you to easily expand the coverage area of ​​your wireless network. And thanks to the Ethernet port, the TL-WA850RE can function as a wireless adapter for connecting wired devices. Thanks to the compact and convenient case, the amplifier is easy to install in any convenient place and carry with you. In addition, the profile preservation function remembers the wireless networks to which the device was previously connected, so you do not need to reconfigure the amplifier when you change the router. The user can easily increase the coverage area of ​​the wireless network without laying additional cables by pressing the WPS button on the router and then pressing the Range Extender button on the TL-WA850RE amplifier or vice versa. An additional click on the Pair button will quickly set up a secure connection to the user's devices. The LED indicator shows the signal strength that the TL-WA850RE amplifier receives from the router, which will help determine the optimal place to place the amplifier, ensure maximum coverage and signal strength. Thanks to the Ethernet port, the TL-WA850RE signal amplifier can act as a wireless adapter for connecting a digital video recorder and watching Internet TV, connecting to such wired devices as Blu-ray players and game consoles, and also can share wireless access .
Features:
- The mode of signal amplification (Range Extender Mode) allows you to transmit a signal to previously inaccessible places where cable routing is problematic - Thanks to its compact and convenient design, the amplifier is easy to install and carry - Extending the coverage area with one touch of a button - The signal power indicator will help you find the optimal place to place the device - The Ethernet port allows the amplifier to work as a wireless adapter for connecting wired devices - 300 Mbps - an ideal speed for streaming video, online games and audio ernet telephony - Compatible with all devices 802.11 b / g / n - Supports 64/128/152-bit WEP encryption modes, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK to protect the network from various threats
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
TipRetranslators
Interfaces Fast Ethernet, Wi-Fi
Compatible devicesAll 802.11 b / g / n wireless devices
Additional featuresButtons: RE (extension of the wireless coverage area), Reset (reset)
Wireless Data Standards: IEEE 802.11 b / g / n
Power consumption: about 3 W
Antenna: 2 built-in antennas
Outlet Type: EU
Frequency range: 2.4 - 2.4835 GHz
EIRP (wireless signal power):<20 dBm
Wireless network security: WEP, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK encryption, 64/128/152-bit

Signal transmission speed:
11n: up to 300 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)

Sensitivity (reception):
270 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
130 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11 Mbps: -85 dBm with 8% PER
6 Mbps: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1 Mbps: -90 dBm with 8% PER

Wireless features:
WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia)
MAC address filtering
Wireless statistics
Domain Name Authorization Function

System requirements:
Microsoft Windows 98 SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8
Mac os
Netware
UNIX or Linux

Contents of delivery:
TL-WA850RE
Quick Setup Guide
Dimensions 110 x 65.8 x 75.2 mm

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator
Varmkn
Message#2
10.02.19, 12:40
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 48

Good day to all!

I created this one for possible help to myself (I did not find such a discussion on the forum).

I bought this device for two things - amplifying the signal in the next room and connecting Popcorn in the same place with the grid so as not to pull the wire.

So with grief in half, completed only part 2.

And got a few problems:

1) I have a TP LINK 841 router. There is filtering by MAC addresses. Before that, everything worked fine. The same device refuses to connect like this! Only open access or password. Why ??

2) Cuts speed specifically. WiFi router has a speed of 38-40 Mb / s, while this device produces 8-15 Mbps (screenshots are nested). Naturally the question is what kind of reinforcement?

Dear members of the forum, can someone tell me something on this issue. I do not believe in the soul about such a bad job TP-Link
blondin4eg
Message#3
13.02.19, 18:59
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 325
Check in: 17.08.08
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

It is necessary to make the incoming channel via Ethernet and distribute it via wi-fi, is it possible?

Post has been editedblondin4eg - 13.02.19, 18:59
Varmkn
Message#4
13.02.19, 19:26
Novice
[offline]

Messages 48

Yes maybe

There is an access point mode for this.
sanch85
Message#5
15.02.19, 22:31
Novice
[offline]

Messages 44
Check in: 19.06.12
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime

* Varkn,also cuts speed. And sometimes even very strong. Not stable signal
Varmkn
Message#6
16.02.19, 09:10
Novice
[offline]

Messages 48

Received a response from TP-LINK

Its essence is as follows:
The device expands the WiFi signal area. That is its function. Cuts or does not cut the speed of something like that, saving / increasing speed is not included in its functionality.

PS I solved my task with the help of another device PowerLine adapter from TP-LINK.
There the signal of the Internet is transmitted through the wiring.
Although I have it copper but it depends strongly on the outlet (its location) - where it gives out 70 Mbps where 25 Mbps
AndrewP_1
Message#7
16.02.19, 19:33
Reallst
[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 5710
Check in: 08.06.16
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L29

M
We move to subsectionTP-Link

--------------------
kpykpy
Message#8
19.02.19, 21:09
User
[offline]

Messages 66
Check in: 27.02.14
Nokia 808 PureView

VarMkn @ 02/10/2019, 12:40*
Good day to all!

I created this one for possible help to myself (I did not find such a discussion on the forum).

I bought this device for two things - amplifying the signal in the next room and connecting Popcorn in the same place with the grid so as not to pull the wire.

So with grief in half, completed only part 2.

And got a few problems:

1) I have a TP LINK 841 router. There is filtering by MAC addresses. Before that, everything worked fine. The same device refuses to connect like this! Only open access or password. Why ??

2) Cuts speed specifically. WiFi router has a speed of 38-40 Mb / s, while this device produces 8-15 Mbps (screenshots are nested). Naturally the question is what kind of reinforcement?

Dear members of the forum, can someone tell me something on this issue. I do not believe in the soul about such a bad job TP-Link

By default, the task of the piece of iron is to expand the coverage of the wf network, set where the sure signal is the main point

Posted 02/19/2019 at 9:09 PM:

Blondin4eg @ 02.13.2019, 18:59*
It is necessary to make the incoming channel via Ethernet and distribute it via wi-fi, is it possible?

With openwrt on board it is possible
blondin4eg
Message#9
19.02.19, 21:15
Local
[offline]

Messages 325
Check in: 17.08.08
Xiaomi Mi A1 4/64

With openwrt on board it is possible
Where it just does not sew) thanks for the tip

Post has been editedblondin4eg - 19.02.19, 21:16
Highxxx
Message#10
01.03.19, 13:56
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 13
Check in: 04.03.13

RESERVATION OF INTERNET CHANNELS

Set myself a task:

The office is TL-WA850RE v1 on LEDE Reboot 17.01-SNAPSHOT r3840-788312ca59 / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-18.039.58469-1c94003).

TL-WA850RE should take the Internet from the included mobile 3 access points of different smartphones (Samsung A8 +, Iphone 6, ASUS ZC554KL) and distribute it at the same access point on laptops and wifi printers. Priority on the Samsung A8 +. (priority is set by the parameter "Use the gateway metric" in the configuration of each "Interface").
That is the point is that anyone who comes with his smart and has an access point included in it, he is also the distributor of the Internet throughout the office.
The stationary Internet in the office is missing for the reason that I am completely satisfied with the speed and traffic from the operator to the Samsung A8 +.

Below are screenshots of settings ....
While everything works fine. There are drawbacks - when the TL-WA850RE grabbed the first AP from the phone which is in the second priority, it does not switch to the phone that came to the office with the first priority ....

Especially it is not a maniac, so I am waiting for comments and comments. While the system is in test mode ....

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Energy Force full range of energy supply and automation!
Highxxx
Message#11
01.03.19, 15:19
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13

Very pleased with OpenWRT !!! : yes2:

--------------------
Highxxx
Message#12
05.03.19, 17:35
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13

Connected as the main channel Yota router and the year of the subscription.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedHighxxx - 05.03.19, 17:35

--------------------
Wondergod
Message#13
05.03.19, 22:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 118
Check in: 27.12.15
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime

Greetings, tell me, one MAC address is written in the device, and the router determines the device, but the MAC address of the repeater is different in the client list, because of this, when the MAC address filtering is enabled in the router, the repeater does not connect. Disable filtering - all good. Where to dig? And devices that go through the repeater get a distorted poppy address. Thank.

--------------------

Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum download

Wondergod
Message#14
05.03.19, 22:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 118
Check in: 27.12.15
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime

Is it possible to set a password on the repeater different from the network password? And tell me if there are alternative firmware for it for the hardware version of v4

--------------------
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum
focbka777
Message#15
22.03.19, 20:51
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Check in: 26.08.13
Apple iPhone 6s

Hi, tell me, if my main router has the name of the access point "wi-fi" for example, then the name of the repeater should also be set to "wi-fi" or should you specify a different name for the access point, for example "wi-fi-2"?

--------------------
#yyprogrammer
kpykpy
Message#16
22.03.19, 21:06
User
[offline]

Messages 66
Nokia 808 PureView

* focbka777,as you wish, if you want to quickly switch to the nearest point, then a different name is better and manually switch
focbka777
Message#17
22.03.19, 21:09
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Check in: 26.08.13
Apple iPhone 6s

* kpykpyThanks, it turns out that if the names are the same, then in automatic mode will it not very quickly switch from point to point?

--------------------
#yyprogrammer
kpykpy
Message#18
22.03.19, 21:12
User
[offline]

Messages 66
Nokia 808 PureView

* focbka777,the phone decides when to cut off from the previous point, and it works very tight
Stsulik
Message#19
24.03.19, 12:25
a guest
[offline]

Messages 6
Check in: 06.02.12
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710FN

Tired of fighting this miracle booster. Of the 5 devices, only 3 normally connect and data is being transmitted. And 2 devices are connected, but the wifi icon on the devices is lit in red and the sites are not loaded, the info is not transmitted or accepted. Tell me at least which way to look. DHCP is enabled in auto mode. all settings by default.

mobile version    Now: 04/18/19, 16:35