Rated power: 2 x 20 W RMS,
dual band gain (AC mode)
Frequency response: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
Signal to noise ratio:>80 dB
Power supply: 19 V / 3 A
Battery Type: Lithium Ion Polymer
36 Wh (equivalent to 3.7 V / 10 000 mA * h)in fact 5,000
Battery charging time: 3.5 hours
Music playback time: up to 15 hours (at medium volume)
(depends on the content being played and
volume level)
USB charging: 5 V / 2 A (maximum)
BluetoothВ® transmitter power:
0 to 12.5 dBm
BluetoothВ® transmitter frequency range:
2.402 - 2.480 GHz
BluetoothВ® transmitter modulation: GFSK, ПЂ / 4
DQPSK, 8DPSK
Dimensions (H x W x D): 136 x 288 x 132 mm
Weight: 2,393 g
IPX7 water protection
Jbl connect+ (xtreme 1 doesn’t connect as on xtreme1 just JBL Connect
Video disassembly extreme 2

Upgrade firmware XTREME2 through third-party application
In the archive fromandreww7985, There are 3 firmware: 1.6.0, 1.9.0, 2.0.0 Attached fileXtreme2_DFU.zip (923.9 KB)
Application for firmware and rollback

here's a post about the bankJBL Xtreme (Post chpok_tunec # 79202460)

• Before asking a question, use search by topic . Respect your and other people's time.
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
[b] [b]

Post has been editedchpok_tunec - 21.05.19, 09:40

Rep: (0)
* Nickneime , Again, given the power of the PSU -60W, I suspect that PD 3.0 is implemented in the charge itself (the standard supports up to 100 watts of output power)

Rep: (23)
* alexeybukach , suppose, even if something similar is implemented there, I don’t understand what it will give you)
My x2 takes a full charge in 2h45m, not even 3.5h, as the official data source indicates.

Post has been editedNickneime - 10.03.19, 20:50

* Nickneime , Why should he indicate something if for us consumers it is in no way accessible and not noticeable (except for charging speed)? It is there somewhere in the bowels of the column is implemented. I emphasize that in the power supply itself, apparently there is no "charging" circuitry, there is just an output line with the characteristics of 19V and 3A. Yes, and I doubt that 4 banks of 18650 will charge in 3.5 hours without any quick charge. And even having knowledge of the type of charging, you can’t influence it in any way, just feel the “speed” of the column’s battery charge. Therefore, the manufacturer does not write about the type of charging used, but only about the time

Posted on 03/10/2019, 21:00:

* Nickneime Well, I wrote there initially that gives me. In general, I think that I made the right conclusions, the charging itself is inside and what it is there - you are right, I do not care for any additional charges, in order to charge the speakers batteries you just need to supply power 19V 3A

* alexeybukach , and for what purposes are you so interested in its charge technology?) For me, for example, it charges yes and all right)) And everyone is happy), and most importantly, the drawback with the charge controller seems to be already fixed) this is already pleasing)
If it is so interesting, you can parse and analyze the charge controller datasheets on the board, then everything will become extremely clear.

Post has been editedNickneime - 10.03.19, 21:03

* Nickneime , You are right, no benefits, I really do not care (only if as an extension of my horizons), I initially assumed that charging inside the PSU was thinking what could replace the native PSU. Upon reflection, I came to the conclusion that charging is not needed (it is inside the column), but the corresponding power source is needed. Apparently I will pick up some kind of ready-made dc - dc converter.

* Nickneime , So how do you plan to charge the speakers, for example, while away from stationary power sources?

* alexeybukach , until I had to delve into this issue, but I think there is still a way out of the situation.

* Nickneime , Well, I suspect that he is like I suggested some kind of battery (or the vehicle’s on-board network) + dc dc converter with the corresponding characteristics

Vselomander @ 03/06/2019, 16:57*
* delich , tried, connect. In normal mode, not in stereo.

Posted 06/03/2019 5:58 PM:

* piponyoos I have two wires included.

I have 2 xtreme 2 in my hands. You can "force" stereo mode even if you use aux. I did it like this - I connected one via BT to the smartphone on which JBL connect is installed, turned on the stereo mode in the program. Then after 5-10 seconds, through a wire, I connected a second smartphone to the slave. (It is important that there is no sound playback on the first phone) So, the stereo mode did not turn off. Such a bundle continues to work with the second smartphone until there is no sound at the output of the second smartphone. If there is no sound on the second smartphone for about 5-10 seconds. (for example, pausing a track) - after continuing to play, both speakers begin to work individually in stereo mode. IMHO, such a method of forcing a stereo sound through a cable is horribly inconvenient, but as I understand it, it’s the only one for today .. Who has any ideas about this - write

Post has been editedviper21 - 12.03.19, 02:46

Alexeybukach @ 03/10/2019, 20:05*
* Nickneime , So how do you plan to charge the speakers, for example, while away from stationary power sources?

For example, this Vinsic 30000 mAh
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32792426820.html
I didn’t really try, but xtreme 1, they managed to charge until the charge on the power bank itself fell to the level of 65% + -

Rep: (107)
* alexeybukach,
* Nickneime
* viper21,
JBL Xtreme (Post chpok_tunec # 79202460)
only judging by the kind of disassembly there are banks of lg gbm261865 connected in series, which only increases the voltage in 7.4v. And the capacity remains the same 5000mAh

Post has been editedchpok_tunec - 12.03.19, 10:27

* chpok_tunec Yes, 5ah but with a voltage of 7.4V

Salute! On the column is now firmware 1.2, you can upgrade to 2.0. I remembered the story with charge 3 (when there was an update to connect +), there the sound became much worse after the update. Instead of deep bass and volume, I got a scumbling fart. The column then had to be returned. Not the point.
The question is, how does extreme 2 behave with 2.0? Are there those who have already upgraded from 1.2? Can you describe what exactly has changed in terms of sound? Did the bass stay the same? Medium? Volume? In short, all that has become. Thank you

Rep: (3)
Also interested in this question. Yesterday I bought a column, the firmware is 1.2 I read the reviews about 2.0 and I do not know if it is worth updating or staying at 1.2

Rep: (3)
* piponyoos man, do not update. Just made this mistake ... Bass got worse, its smaller and oh how it feels. I did not notice differences in volume. Guys, can’t you return to 1.2 now?

Post has been editedSlioma - 14.03.19, 14:18

Rep: (1)
Who knows how long xtreme 2 will play at full volume?

* Slioma,
do you think JBL thinks how to make the column worse?
always surprised people who are sitting on the first firmware and then begin to complain about incorrect operation or breakdown.

Rep: (304)
* delich , and you think that the developers only make improvements with their updates?

* Jetnavo
more than sure. Are there examples of how jbl intentionally strangled (did harm) devices?
Certainly the decrease in bass was justified for something, maybe something was overheating, so they changed the power settings.
I have 2.0 from 1.2, I did not see the difference at home.

Post has been editeddelich - 14.03.19, 20:12

Slioma @ 03/14/19 12:42*
Do you guys go back to 1.2 now?

Look here.JBL CHARGE 3 (Post andreww7985 # 73732292)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/28/19, 00:41