Kindle Paperwhite 2018 or Onyx Boox Monte Cristo 4 | Please help in choosing

Rep: (1)
Hello, I ask you to help determine the purchase of the device, the choice of the two, as the most functional at the moment.

He owned Onyx five years ago, there were no problems, but he read that quality is now a problem. That MC3 had a lot of defects. Androyd is embarrassed in MS4, because the battery consumption will definitely be more, and I do not need the androyd buns in the form of applications and a browser. I am an ordinary reader, but I want to read with comfort.

In Kindle a little confused thick frame. There are no other complaints, they are said to be strong and autonomous.

Please help by criteria:
1. Screen quality
2. Quality backlight
3. Autonomy
4. Marriage (want to understand that the models are new)
5. Ease of use without dancing with a tambourine.

I will buy Kindle in Japan, Onyx in Moscow, at a price of about the same 11,000 rubles.

Rep: (1292)
Kindle Paperwhite, definitely.

Rep: (14)
Billard @ 02/03/2019, 02:19*
Kindle Paperwhite, definitely.

Support

Rep: (2)
I am the owner of MS3, I sleep and see how to quickly get rid of this city. And become the owner of KPW,
ONYX doesn’t have any support, MC positioning as a premium device didn’t come out with two firmwares for the year and both are miserable. As a result, the mc3 went into the furnace altogether, respectively, the same fate is waiting for ms4.

Rep: (13)
* jus1987,
He left the first MC on the Kindle never regretted

Rep: (668)
jus1987 @ 02.02.19, 17:48*
Please help by criteria:
1. Screen quality
2. Quality backlight
3. Autonomy
4. Marriage (want to understand that the models are new)
5. Ease of use without dancing with a tambourine.

1. hard to say. If MC4 glass has not changed compared to MC1-3, then most likely the difference is small, with a margin in the direction of KPW4, it still has heat-strengthened glass like Voyage, while MCx did not have any data on glass strengthening, just glass.
2. Onyx BOOX Kepler / Monte Cristo / Robinson Crusoecomplain about a pinkish tint if mixed backlighting
3. MC4 on a new platform, if everything is like on Darwin 5-6, then with autonomy it will be very good.ONYX BOOX C68 - Darwin 6 / Darwin 5 / Vasco da Gama 3 [Android] (Post Optom # 80279722)
4. Few MC4 users, but Onyx is famous for this, they usually don’t recognize and will feed them with promises to fix everything with firmware, Amazon will even change 100% of the serviceable to something else, as long as you are satisfied.
5. Is fb2 to mobi conversion complicated? I do not. I do not dance with a tambourine. Since my mother moved to KPW3, I’m only throwing books to her, I have never asked for help. At Darwin 2, I often jumped somewhere and asked to return to where I was reading, but this is not a trivial task, especially when I did not understand where I was reading and how and why I jumped somewhere or why I forgot the book where I had read it before

Post has been editedeliy - 02.02.19, 21:07

Thank you all, the question with the manufacturer is closed.
I stayed alone until I figured it out, but everyone praises the Kindle Voyage, so I thought about it, I understand the book of 2014, but you can buy a new one in about 10-11 thousand. Of the benefits of thickness and auto-backlight, what to choose?

Post has been editedjus1987 - 03.02.19, 08:11

* jus1987, I wouldn’t focus on auto-backlighting, the thing, to say the least, is controversial .. Voyage is thin, light, the back part is made of metal, touch buttons on the sides of the screen ..

There is no way to compare the two screens kpw and mc, can anyone say something about the difference? Are there any special differences?

Rep: (611)
* lex1631, if I remember correctly, then one manufacturer. same size and resolution. both under glass. both without temperature adjustment.

What special differences are possible? number of backlight diodes? what else?

The uniformity of the backlight, whether there are highlights, held on in the hands of the pocket I do not remember which, but also with the backlight, the screen seemed to me more white

Stopkin @ 02/03/19 12:59*
What special differences are possible?
So I think, which ones ... however, I noticed: after my Voyage, to read my own MC 1 is a complete discomfort for the eyes .. there is a suspicion that there may be a difference in the quality of the glass .. for some reason, I start to want to unstick the film. which is there, of course, no. Although before the purchase of Kindle, it seemed that everything was fine with the screen, just the sight was already “not that” ..

Boshmay @ 02/03/2019, 17:53*
* jus1987, I wouldn’t focus on auto-backlighting, the thing, to say the least, is controversial .. Voyage is thin, light, the back part is made of metal, touch buttons on the sides of the screen ..

The back part (external) plastic. There is no metal there.

Soerrr @ 04.02.19, 05:07*
No metal there

teach the materiel before making statements here about a construct you are not familiar with

Boshmay @ 02/04/2019, 21:06*
teach the materiel before making statements here about a construct you are not familiar with

It is enough to knock on the lid with your fingernail and it will be clear that it is plastic. Or did you mean insides?

Rep: (668)
* soerrr , Voyage has a magnesium alloy back cover, something colored. 100%. There have already been controversies on this topic.

Thank you all, I ordered KPW4 for a $ 99 promotion

Where did you order?

Soerrr @ 04.02.19, 19:36*
It is enough to knock on the cover with a fingernail.

no, not enough ..
Attached Image

From Amazon:
Attached Image

Rep: (61)
* lex1631 at that price only on amazon.com

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/16/19, 2:27 pm