Xiaomi SherLock S2 Smart Lock | [other]

Rep: (25)
Xiaomi SherLock S2 Smart Lock

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Device description
SherLock S2 Smart Lock is a smart pad attached to the main lock, which can be controlled using the applicationSherlock smart. All you need to do is attach a smart lock to the inside of the door, and you can open and close the door through the app. There is no need to make any changes to the design of the main lock or door. Installing the device will not prevent you from opening and closing the lock manually from the outside using a physical key. However, there is AntiTheft mode, when the door can only be opened using the application.
The device allows the owner to share access to the management of the castle with other family members and other persons who may be allowed into the room. Accesses may be given an expiration date or they may be deleted at any time by the principal owner. SherLock S2 has a built-in security chip for the home (MJSC), each chip has a unique private key and certificate. The security chip also provides two-way encrypted communication between the application and the device.
Not suitable for all types of locks. By default approaches to locks with a horizontal arrangement of a key.
It does not have the ability to integrate into MI Home or similar smart home systems.
Device characteristics
Size 128 * 62.5 * 73.5
BT 4.0 Communication
Built-in 3800mAh battery
micro usb charging
Android 4.4 app and above
IOS 8.0 and above
Useful information
Set quickly, without dancing with a tambourine. At the first registration no problems, the activation key came to the smartphone almost instantly. Device management, distribution of access rights - everything is intuitive and does not cause questions.Self-translated installation and startup instructions.
Platform Compatibility
Android, iOS

Post has been editedMichael - 07.04.19, 17:00

Rep: (493)
* awtoset , for the pinwheel, protection against thieves does not work, and for the key, with a low battery level, it automatically turns off.

Post has been editedlev64 - 05.03.19, 19:02

Rep: (9)
Awtoset @ 03/05/19, 18:53*
If you put protection against thieves, will there no longer be an opportunity to open it with your native key?
Yes. Protection against thieves is carried out by turning the key into 45 degrees. Therefore, the key cannot be inserted. The battery will not discharge more than usual. Turn the key and turn off until the next command.

Rep: (50)
* lev64, * CyberBess It is necessary to rotate the turntable by 45 degrees and simultaneously insert the key from the outside

Rep: (22)
Awtoset @ 03/05/19, 18:53*
If you put protection against thieves, will there no longer be an opportunity to open it with your native key?
some locks with a spinner are blocked from the inside by an additional turn of the spinner. If you have one, then it will be impossible to open it with a key from the outside at all.

Rep: (34)
I put myself away from sin, a larva that still has a key inserted or not on the other side and how it is turned. That in any situation I could get into the apartment.
The position of the smart lock for the vertical and horizontal position of the key can be changed - make two more two slots at 45 degrees relative to those already existing inside the lock. Seal the old two with black tape.
If there are buttons for the lock, then in general one can be disassembled and connected to an arduik or raspberry and control the opening from any smart home system. Or you can put the ESP8266 inside the lock and send two pulses to the lock via wifi - simulate the operation of a panel on the lock. But the rank of the castle will be higher.
So far I have focused on integrating a button into a smart home. Everything works perfectly.

Guys, does Sherlock work with Siri on iOS?

Rep: (2)
* awtoset

Yes it works, you create Teams for opening and closing

My lock came today and now the trouble is I can’t enter the application, the verification code does not come to the phone. How to start the lock?

Awtoset @ 03/13/19, 18:24*
I can’t enter the application, the verification code does not come to the phone
it means something is wrong. Was the bar code considered normal?

Michael @ 03/13/2019, 18:26*
it means something is wrong. Was the bar code considered normal?

What can be done wrong if the application simply does not receive an SMS with a verification code on the phone to enter the account?

Awtoset @ 03/13/19, 18:33*
SMS does not come to the phone with a verification code to enter the account?
I didn’t come either, I registered via e-mail.

Awtoset @ 03/13/19, 18:33*
What can be done wrong if the application simply does not receive an SMS with a verification code on the phone to enter the account?
how do I know where you poked your fingers .... I immediately received everything after the first installation, recently reset the phone to the factory settings, I had to restore the registration, and again everything quickly arrived.

Aleks621111 @ 03/13/2019, 18:38*
I didn’t come either, I registered via e-mail.

Can I learn more via email

Michael @ 03/13/2019, 19:03*
how do I know where you poked your fingers.

I didn’t poke anywhere ....
Understand that SMS does not come from the Sherlock app!
And I'm not the only one as it turned out. In the AppStore, there are even reviews with a similar situation

More
I don’t remember exactly right now, there during registration some small link about the mail appears at some stage.

In the AppStore, there are even reviews with a similar situation

I dare to assume that the device is not friends with iOS
Everything is fine in my bucket.

Michael @ 03/13/2019, 9:34 PM*
I dare to assume that the device is not friends with iOS
Everything is fine in my bucket.

I still finished off the Chinese server))
Half a night and all morning .... and finally I received a confirmation code on my phone
And now I’m thinking, if I’ll be kicked out of the account again in the application, then again such dances with a tambourine

Rep: (17)
I bought it and this is a miracle. For some reason, there were no posts here about the fact that when connecting the lock, no one had problems with scanning the barcode. Perhaps I’m so crooked.) In general, it was like this: disconnected the battery, saw a piece of paper with a barcode, downloaded the proprietary application and tried to scan it - it doesn’t see, that’s all. No matter how hard I tried. In general, the idea came to my mind: to scan it with a specialized scanner. Google Play issued the so-called: barcode scanner. He scanned the code and he printed a long line - this is the lock key. In the same application, there is a function to create qr code. Insert the key into the field, create a qr code, take a screenshot of the screen. We go into the proprietary application, select the insert item from the gallery and slip the screenshot taken there. Woo a la! The lock is registered. There is still a nuance with the registration of wireless keys: no need to hold the button during registration. Bvstro pressed during the timer and wait. Thanks for attention!

And I had this piece of paper with a barcode that was all kind of dirty, smeared like that used. However, it was considered no problem.

And I had this piece of paper with a barcode that was all kind of dirty, smeared like that used. However, it was considered no problem.

and I had two of them. One was in the instructions, the second was in the bag with the device. Both are scary. But read.

Posted on 03/14/2019, 14:08:

if I get thrown out of the account again in the application, then what again will such dances with a tambourine
will be thrown out if someone starts playing with the closing / opening button on the body. A BUTTON, not a sensor, can be used without fear.

Post has been editedMichael - 14.03.19, 14:10

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/26/19, 07:07