Nvidia \ Radeon - all about video cards | Discussion, selection and problem solving
Poll
What brand do you think is the best
Asus [ 202 ] ** [29,02%]
MSI [ 164 ] ** [23,56%]
Gigabyte [ 142 ] ** [20,4%]
Zotac [ 16 ] ** [2,3%]
Palit [ 88 ] ** [12,64%]
PNY [ 5 ] ** [0,72%]
Galax [ 0 ] ** [0%]
Inno3D [ 11 ] ** [1,58%]
KFA2 [ 6 ] ** [0,86%]
Gainward [ 3 ] ** [0,43%]
EVGA [ 21 ] ** [3,02%]
Colorful; Maxun; Yeston; Veineda; ASL and other China brand [ 6 ] ** [0,86%]
Biostar [ 2 ] ** [0,29%]
Other [ 26 ] ** [3,74%]
AMD only
Sapphire [ 483 ] ** [69,4%]
Power color [ 62 ] ** [8,91%]
Xfx [ 51 ] ** [7,33%]
HIS [ 39 ] ** [5,6%]
Total votes: 696

Rep: (2114)
Nvidia \ Radeon - the choice of video card
Attached Image

Attention!

Information necessary for choosing a video card
To select a video card in your message specify:
  • Model and power supply unit, or photo label with power supply
  • Processor model
  • Motherboard model
  • Purchase budget (in store currency)
  • Link to the store and the city - for orientation in prices and assortment
It is also useful to know the size or model of the case and the wishes of the video card in terms of noise \ manufacturer \ performance in a particular game.

Example: "Please pick up a video card. Processor i3 4130, motherboard Asus H81M-E, power supply unit FSP PNR-500, budget XXXX (rubles \ hryvnias \ dollars \ tugs), shop YYYY (city ZZZZ)"
Useful links about video cards

Reviews and Comparisons

About a bunch of new card and old monitor
Modern video cards starting with GT 10xx \ GTX10xx and AMD R9 290 \ 390, RX 4xx \ 5xx and older do not have support for the analog D Sub interface (VGA). Usingsuch adaptersdoes not help, in addition, they can damage the video card due to the fact that the contacts do not match.
If your monitor has only a VGA input, then you need to purchase an active converter.HDMI-VGAorDVI-VGA. This device contains in its designelectronic circuit- digital-to-analog converter for converting digital video signal to analog.
Topics on the choice of components
Table of modern video cards
Those who do not put the driver on RTX.
Information about the driver for the video card 20 series. Support for video cards 20 series with the Turing chip only in the Windows 10, 1709 and higher versions. In the versions below, there may be problems with installing the drivers.

Post has been editedninja88 - 02.05.19, 10:49
Reason for editing: Pro testing 24 video cards added

Rep: (1)
In the good old days there was some compatibility with Intel + NVidia and AMD + ATI.

Rep: (13)
The first video card on my first, very old and weak computer was Nvidia. Comp died a year and a half, apparently from old age. Of course, nothing really went on her. All this has imposed its associative background, um. Then all the radeon went and became associated with something relatively reliable and good, almost saving. For example, the radeon video card with a connector for "relic" computers and the support of newer shaders rehabilitated my old, used single-core computer, allowing it to pull 3 out of 512 RAM, making it more viable for flash and similar programs. On the laptop, almost a netbook, bought in general is not for games, even the built-in ati card for "consumer" graphics draws Skyrim. And the old single-core 2005 born it also pulls not at a minimum, not least because of that video card. No, Skyrim is not very picky about hardware, but ... Therefore, I prefer ATI. Habit plus a pleasant well-established impression of a successful upgrade and almost trouble-free, pah-pah, use. That does not mean that Nvidia worse.

Post has been editedZoeee - 06.01.12, 21:52

Rep: (3)
Proprietary Linux firewood is disgusting. Full disrespect to users. Next time I will take only nvidia.

Rep: (58)
I do not understand the essence of the dispute. When I need to buy a vidyuha, I look at how much money I have for it, I see that in this price category, it’s green and red. And then I compare these two products in reviews. What will be better in the tests and take. And by the way, in this way, more than once migrated from Nvidia to the Radeon and back. So IMHO there is no best. In different periods of time and in different price categories there may be completely opposite positions.

Post has been editedDon willy - 09.01.12, 16:29

Rep: (883)
You need to buy not for a sticker, but for objective qualities + price. At the time of the 88xx era - Nvidia seriously shoved AMD back, with their 2900.: D However, with the release of OVENS on G200 (g200b), she began to donate, and AMD gained momentum in their 48xx series and really successful 58xx. Now we are setting records everywhere where without hitting the HD7970. : spiteful: The company was rehabilitated, which made the “greens” move more actively with their Kepler ’s. From here morality - competition is always beneficial to the consumer, and be a fan of one of the camps, and it’s not a fanatic - don’t. Choose the best price \ performance at the moment, and do not be fooled by marketing. : drinks:

Post has been editedFTW_260 - 09.01.12, 23:12

Rep: (32)
Well, I used the atish cards for a long time, and after I started using Nvidia fiziks and tessellation, I threw the atishnik)))

Rep: (1547)
Nvidia I do not trust ATI, and I don’t use AMD. More a matter of habit: something from the 6th series - 8800GTX - 280GTX - 560GTX

Rep: (2)
And which is better - BMW or Mersedes? For me, both brands are good, with the exception of some differences.
So in the video card manufacturers. There are functions that are inherent only in Nvidia, and there are only ATIs. And the essence is the same - video processing. :)
I have ATI.

Rep: (1318)
After Nvidia started using Physics and Tessellation, I quit
Tessellation is supported by all video cards with directx 11 hardware support, AMD has such video cards, moreover, they were released earlier by nVidia. This is me just by the way, so that there is no prejudice towards this or that firm.

alexck78 @ 01/06/2012, 10:10*
In the good old days there was some compatibility with Intel + NVidia and AMD + ATI.
But now Intel has its own graphics, and there is no ATI company at all.

Regarding NVidia vs ATI. The topic is generally nonsense, either the creator is a wild holivarschik (not from the word boil, but from the word war), or simply doesn’t understand anything in technology at all.
In principle, it is wrong to compare companies. One cannot say that Toyota is better than Opel, that Nokia is better than Samsung, that Bosh is better than vitek. A simple example, none of those present will argue that the video card radeon 5970 is much faster than geforce 520. But the trouble is, I’m a stupid user and I was told that NVidia is better than AMD, therefore I will take geforce 520. The moral of this story is: AMD and nVidia are absolutely full-fledged competitors, each new product spits over the old, each new series of video cards can be both successful and not successful with both developers. And it is necessary to compare not the developers, but specific video cards.
For reference,my current stationary pc. My previous PC was built on an AMD Athlon 4200+ 2X and Radeon x1900xtx. At various times, I used nVidia, ATI, AMD video cards, AMD processors and Intel processors, I do not have any attachments to companies at the moment.
In order not to reinvent the wheel, I choose a video card as follows:
Don Willy @ 01/09/2012, 17:29*
When I need to buy a vidyuha, I look at how much money I have for it, I see that in this price category, it’s green and red. And then I compare these two products in reviews. What will be better in the tests and take.
Only one moment I will add, I practically do not focus on the results of synthetic tests. The final output also does not affect the game tests, FPS in which did not fall below 60.Something thg completely lie down, and there were practically no tests, I switched to fcenter.

Kshatriy. @ 02.02.2012, 15:42*
There are functions, only Nvidia is inherent, and there is only ATI
Well, yes, SLI is only for nVidia, AMD has only crossfire ...

Post has been editedSemyon - 06.02.12, 15:34

Rep: (58)
Semyon @ 06.02.2012, 16:32*
Only one moment I will add, I practically do not focus on the results of synthetic tests. The final output also does not affect the game tests, FPS in which did not fall below 60.

Well, yes, I also look just did not paint. :)

Rep: (181)
alexck78 @ 01/06/2012, 8:10 PM*

As far as I remember, in the good old days, nvidia still made chipsets and a certain compatibility lay in the software, which allowed in one window to configure the card and the settings of the chipset. in shortcertain compatibilityв„ў looked like this: Intel / AMD + nVidia nForce + nVidia GeForce.

By the way, I had glands from both offices. I came to the conclusion that if we argue about who is better, then we need to compare vendors who rivet crafts in tons, some of which are poor and die like flies.

Rep: (1)
Good old holivar)
Now every year two giants of video building produce new generations of video chips.
And every year, rampant wars rage in the open spaces of forums.
And now, many claim the complete victory of the 7 Radeons, without waiting for the Kepler from the greens.
And there and there are decent copies in terms of price-performance ratio, it is foolish to be an adherent of one camp.
It is a pity that in the AMD AMD processor is still far from the laurels of their own video cards.

Rep: (399)
I am for ATI, I used to have a GeForce, so it burned down after 2 weeks ... Fail, then bought a Radeon X1950 Pro, still lives (already like 6 (!) Years!), But it's time for it to go. .. :( mechanically damaged in some places, looking for a replacement
Therefore, I have more confidence in ATI, but Nvidia AGEIA PhysX has: spiteful:

Rep: (101)
And I somehow do not consider other options, except NVidia, probably already a habit. Although the video upgrade is not far off, and you can take a closer look at ATI.

Rep: (48)
GTX 560-590 finally super, enough for any games enough, besides there is a new series 6xx, there 690 top vidyuha, but it costs of course good :)

Rep: (16)
Nvidia. Because it makes less noise, well, and the company I like more.
Now I have gtx 690, I think for five years it will be enough. Beast machine! Although not the same as in the tests, where below 100 in all games fps does not fall.

Rep: (21)
NiKiTos1999 @ 06/20/2012, 10:40 PM*
Nvidia. Because it makes less noise, well, and the company I like more.
Now I have gtx 690, I think for five years it will be enough. Beast machine! Although not the same as in the tests, where below 100 in all games fps does not fall.

I'm afraid to even imagine how much she eats, probably more than my entire computer (hair dryer x3 + Radeon 3650).

Rep: (35)
I like NVidia. Firstly, NVidia works with physics and DirectX 11 like a clock, in the second NVidia heats up less. I right now is the GTX 560 and all the heavy games (GTA 4, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, NFS Shift, Skyrim) fly at the maximum settings at a resolution of 1920 * 1080. But AMD also has vidyuhi nishtyachnye, so to say directly that it is impossible better. AMD and NVidia ... See, test, choose. True, I advise everyone not to look at all these FPS tablets. All have different iron, and all FPS will also be different. Someone will lead NVidia, someone AMD. And someone has all the power of a video card stupidly rests on the processor (the same Core i7 with powerful graphics cards behaves just inadequately, which is not the case with AMD processors), and there will be no difference in FPS at all.

Posted on 06/28/2012, 07:44:

NiKiTos1999 @ 06/20/2012, 21:40*
Now I have gtx 690

Is water cooling worth it? If not, then put it on an urgent basis, if you do not want to throw a card for 40 pieces in the trash. Although she has her own good propellers, this is all nonsense. When playing in GTA 5 or Crysis 3, the game will start to boil. So it is better to spend on cooling.

Rep: (16)
gw_user,
Not so much, actually)

Rep: (48)
Nvidia
1. Cuda
2. Physx
3. Firewood is more stable.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/31/19 00:49