Nvidia \ Radeon - all about video cards | Discussion, selection and problem solving
Poll
What brand do you think is the best
Asus [ 208 ] ** [28,18%]
MSI [ 174 ] ** [23,58%]
Gigabyte [ 148 ] ** [20,05%]
Zotac [ 17 ] ** [2,3%]
Palit [ 93 ] ** [12,6%]
PNY [ 5 ] ** [0,68%]
Galax [ 0 ] ** [0%]
Inno3D [ 11 ] ** [1,49%]
KFA2 [ 7 ] ** [0,95%]
Gainward [ 3 ] ** [0,41%]
EVGA [ 23 ] ** [3,12%]
Colorful; Maxun; Yeston; Veineda; ASL and other China brand [ 7 ] ** [0,95%]
Biostar [ 2 ] ** [0,27%]
Other [ 33 ] ** [4,47%]
AMD only
Sapphire [ 519 ] ** [70,33%]
Power color [ 64 ] ** [8,67%]
Xfx [ 52 ] ** [7,05%]
HIS [ 40 ] ** [5,42%]
Total Votes: 738

Rep: (2118)
Nvidia \ Radeon - the choice of video card
Attached Image

Attention!

Information necessary for choosing a video card
To select a video card in your message specify:
  • Model and power supply unit, or photo label with power supply
  • Processor model
  • Motherboard model
  • Purchase budget (in store currency)
  • Link to the store and the city - for orientation in prices and assortment
It is also useful to know the size or model of the case and the wishes of the video card in terms of noise \ manufacturer \ performance in a particular game.

Example: "Please pick up a video card. Processor i3 4130, motherboard Asus H81M-E, power supply unit FSP PNR-500, budget XXXX (rubles \ hryvnias \ dollars \ tugs), shop YYYY (city ZZZZ)"
Useful links about video cards

Reviews and Comparisons

About a bunch of new card and old monitor
Modern video cards starting with GT 10xx \ GTX10xx and AMD R9 290 \ 390, RX 4xx \ 5xx and older do not have support for the analog D Sub interface (VGA). Usingsuch adaptersdoes not help, in addition, they can damage the video card due to the fact that the contacts do not match.
If your monitor has only a VGA input, then you need to purchase an active converter.HDMI-VGAorDVI-VGA. This device contains in its designelectronic circuit- digital-to-analog converter for converting digital video signal to analog.
Topics on the choice of components
Table of modern video cards
Those who do not put the driver on RTX.
Information about the driver for the video card 20 series. Support for video cards 20 series with the Turing chip only in the Windows 10, 1709 and higher versions. In the versions below, there may be problems with installing the drivers.

Post has been editedninja88 - 02.05.19, 10:49
Reason for editing: Pro testing 24 video cards added

Rep: (3)
Guys like Afox and His Norm video cards? (Px 580)

Rep: (68)
Alexey_PvE @ 03/10/2019, 06:52 AM*
I wanted to ask who has already tried out the brand new GTX1660 Ti Palit StormX? Then in Regard it costs 21-22 thousand, until the next crisis hit, I would like to have time to upgrade.

The price is normal, it is slightly weaker than 2060 (up to 10-15%)
And without rtx blocks. If the difference with a decent price from 2060 can be taken, it’s still a 3 year warranty. palit 2060 like 25 costs 2 coolers (In St. Petersburg). If the price in your city is higher, then I think it makes no sense to overpay.

Post has been editedhotlook - 10.03.19, 17:30

Rep: (14)
* 3151020 ,
Are you sure that they do not spin when the icon is off?
Look - make sure ... If just a fan stop does not work, contact me - I’ll explain, I had this on Aorus 588

Rep: (19)
* _ACETON_,
Yes, I checked the last BIOS
* krisans,
My lid is transparent, do not spin.

Rep: (14)
* 3151020 ,
OK. It was a bit different for me (the fan stop didn’t work at all, i.e. the video was without load, and the cooler spins 30%)
As an option, try installing a driver two to three months ago.

* krisans,
So this problem is older, so I do not think that this is a driver trouble.

Rep: (256)
3151020 @ 11.03.2019, 13:27 *
* krisans,
So this problem is older, so I do not think that this is a driver trouble.

And does the RPM counter at zero or show the minimum fan activity?

* _ACETON_,
At zero

Rep: (256)
3151020 @ 11.03.2019, 15:50 *
* _ACETON_,
At zero

So it’s not about ventels. In short, only wait for the BIOS update to be fixed, if any. I also have a moment on the gig 2070 with inadequate fans. When the card just starts to warm up to 55 (approximately) degrees, then the fans start with pre-gasing, then the revolutions decrease and re-gasing again, and so on, until it warms up a bit more, then they spin evenly. And if you play something completely simple, the temperature does not rise above 55-57 degrees, the gas does not pass and begins to enrage. Already one BIOS with a correction of the fans came out, but still the problem has not been completely eliminated.

Post has been edited_ACETON_ - 11.03.19, 14:03

Rep: (0)
Hello! I have available:
1. Motherboard: MSI x370 GAMING PRO CARBON
2. Processor: RYZEN 7 1800x
3. Power supply: Thermaltake RGB 850W 80 Gold
4. RAM: Asgard Loki DDR4 3000MHz 8gbx2 total 16Gb (from Alik)
5. Case: GameMAX Starlight white / green
6. Cooler: Alsey 4pin 3x90cm RGB for 6 heat pipes (from Alik)
7. HDD with SATA Interface (left from my old man)
I plan in the near future:
1. Hard Drive: Asgard M.2 NVMe 512Gb SSD

And now the most difficult thing for me - please help me decide on a video card (MSI is interested in the manufacturer, but not necessarily) Budget 25k +/- 4k card that fits perfectly into this assembly and will use all its potential!

Post has been editedde_Troy`t - 11.03.19, 16:45

Rep: (551)
De_Troy`t @ 03/11/19, 16:44*
please help me decide on a video card
a card that fits perfectly into this assembly and will use all its potential!

I have bad news for you - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti;)
And for 30 thousand - this is only the GTX 1070, which in games is about 50% slower.
Or Used GTX 1080 Ti (approximately 20% slower than 2080 Ti)

Rep: (0)
Advise what is better to take? INNO3D GEFORCE GTX 1060 GAMING OC 6GB (214 euros) or POWERCOLOR RADEON RX 580 RED DRAGON V2 8GB (194 euros). A video card is required for games.

Rep: (551)
* M.Kirill, they are approximately equal - somewhere a little faster than Gifors, somewhere - Radeon. But due to the larger memory capacity, Radeon is more promising for the future.
Or see the comparative tests of the games that you are going to play and based on this, choose

Rep: (2)
Hello. I wanted to buy a video card. This has never happened before. Motherboard old Asus H81M-E. The choice of video cards fell on the GeForce GT 1030 and Radeon RX 550. Both PCI Express 3.0, and in my motherboard PCI Express 2.0. But as far as I understand, cards with PCI Express 3.0 will still work on the motherboard with PCI Express 2.0.
The question is different. Can I trust compatibility check sites? It writes that the Radeon RX 550 is not compatible with the motherboard H81M-E. But the GeForce GT 1030 is compatible. Although I just prefer the Radeon RX 550.
If you are not too lazy, please take a moment to consider whether it is possible to buy a Radeon RX 550 for my Asus H81M-E motherboard.

Post has been editedzloydobryak - 11.03.19, 20:18

Rep: (240)
* zloydobryak,
the incompatibility of the MP and the video card is such a rare case that in my memory it was only once in some shaggy year: scratch_one-s_head:
And what kind of sites are those that write that the RX550 is not compatible with this MP? The official website is silent about this, for example.

* Oven I,
Here on this site writes that the Asus H81M-E motherboard is not compatible with the Radeon RX 550http://findhard.ru/che...d=46&model=asus-h81m-e

* zloydobryak,
let them tell these tales to someone else. Judging by that site, it is compatible with a maximum of 10 cards on the market, some of which are generally suitable only for scarves. : D
Feel free to take and set. Onextreme If a miracle happens and the video card does not start on this MP, you can return it to the store without any problems.

* Oven I,
Good. Thank!

* zloydobryak,
the only thing that I advise you to do is flash the BIOS to a newer one, download from the offsite, after the update do a jumper reset. What and how to do, if you don’t know, then go to the branch on the motherboard or read the instructions, there is everything.
This is done in order to provide a certain guarantee that the updated hardware will start on the motherboard. After all, the difference is almost 2 years.

Rep: (13)
Zloydobryak @ 03/11/19, 19:17*
Never before
and for what purpose is it for you ???

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 07:00