Nvidia \ Radeon - all about video cards | Discussion, selection and problem solving
Poll
What brand do you think is the best
Asus [ 203 ] ** [29%]
MSI [ 164 ] ** [23,43%]
Gigabyte [ 143 ] ** [20,43%]
Zotac [ 16 ] ** [2,29%]
Palit [ 88 ] ** [12,57%]
PNY [ 5 ] ** [0,71%]
Galax [ 0 ] ** [0%]
Inno3D [ 11 ] ** [1,57%]
KFA2 [ 6 ] ** [0,86%]
Gainward [ 3 ] ** [0,43%]
EVGA [ 22 ] ** [3,14%]
Colorful; Maxun; Yeston; Veineda; ASL and other China brand [ 6 ] ** [0,86%]
Biostar [ 2 ] ** [0,29%]
Other [ 26 ] ** [3,71%]
AMD only
Sapphire [ 486 ] ** [69,43%]
Power color [ 62 ] ** [8,86%]
Xfx [ 52 ] ** [7,43%]
HIS [ 39 ] ** [5,57%]
Total votes: 700

Rep: (2115)
Nvidia \ Radeon - the choice of video card
Video Card Instructions

Attached Image

Attention!

Information necessary for choosing a video card
To select a video card in your message specify:
  • Model and power supply unit, or photo label with power supply
  • Processor model
  • Motherboard model
  • Purchase budget (in store currency)
  • Link to the store and the city - for orientation in prices and assortment
It is also useful to know the size or model of the case and the wishes of the video card in terms of noise \ manufacturer \ performance in a particular game.

Example: "Please pick up a video card. Processor i3 4130, motherboard Asus H81M-E, power supply unit FSP PNR-500, budget XXXX (rubles \ hryvnias \ dollars \ tugs), shop YYYY (city ZZZZ)"
Useful links about video cards

Reviews and Comparisons

About a bunch of new card and old monitor
Modern video cards starting with GT 10xx \ GTX10xx and AMD R9 290 \ 390, RX 4xx \ 5xx and older do not have support for the analog D Sub interface (VGA). Usingsuch adaptersdoes not help, in addition, they can damage the video card due to the fact that the contacts do not match.
If your monitor has only a VGA input, then you need to purchase an active converter.HDMI-VGAorDVI-VGA. This device contains in its designelectronic circuit- digital-to-analog converter for converting digital video signal to analog.
Topics on the choice of components
Table of modern video cards
Those who do not put the driver on RTX.
Information about the driver for the video card 20 series. Support for video cards 20 series with the Turing chip only in the Windows 10, 1709 and higher versions. In the versions below, there may be problems with installing the drivers.

Post has been editedninja88 - 02.05.19, 10:49
Reason for editing: Pro testing 24 video cards added

Rep: (305)
Xs, I'm not a fanatic, so now I would take Radeon4700h2.
A year ago, this would be a GeForce8800: D

Rep: (12)
I like the decisions of both companies, if it is up to 10k (percent \ video), and on the overclocker there are not bad reviews about it.

Rep: (2212)
In my opinion - for most users, do not care what their accelerator is on the BB ...
What will advise the sellers or knowledgeable people - and then buy.
For an office or household type of machine, the type of accelerator generally plays little role.
Whether it's for gaming machines. Here we must think hard.

It is difficult to give preference to any company - a manufacturer of graphics chips, but I would be inclined towards ATI.
I do not know about you, but I have three non-working accelerators from Nvidia lying around.
Maybe - I personally was not lucky ...
And maybe - really problems with iron.

Rep: (832)
And to me on the drum ... But the survey is not complete: there are no items "on the ram," "I myself choose," "other." Recently ATIshnuyu bought (quiet, without a fan) and NVIDIA GF8600.

Rep: (185)
Dimsml @ 10/06/2008, 4:59 PM*
Drivers at Ati curves

+1

what is the message thatdriverscannot install their control panel, because .NET is not installed: D

Well, it was necessary to guess the control panel to write on a dot-nete, which is still not part of Windows (XP)

Rep: (185)
I'm using Nvidia. they have the ability to create legendary things. for example 2x400, 6600, 7600. And ATI had only 9600

Rep: (111)
Sorry for offtopic, but now the legend is 9800/8800 GT

Rep: (106)
not, to them even before the legend of 5 years ...
In general, the first vidyuhi was geforce 2 mx400 - on it still flarky flies
Then there was the Radeon 7500.
Now - geforce 8800gtx.

In general, I think the difference between vidyuhi from nVidia and from ATI is not special - unless "in bytes and hertzs", but judging by the tests, things are completely interchangeable.
So vote for the "other" - I took in terms of price / quality ratio.

Rep: (1)
I take what is most advantageous in performance. My budget for Vidyuha is 5-6 kilorubles, if you take a computer now, it definitely drives AMD HD 4850. Although now I have a laptop with an old GeForce Go 7300 :)

Rep: (4)
only nvidia, with geforce 2 ti 64mb) even now, instead of 4870x2 I would take ght280 .. even weaker .. well, I don’t like ati)

Rep: (249)
I don’t know who can’t install anything there ... I'm sorry, but I’ve been using Canadian office products for a long time and I don’t have any complaints about the products, unlike Nvidia products ... Home 2 desktops are personal (Amd 5600+; Amd790 ; Ati 4870) and ladies' - there Amd 4000 +, Nfors4, Ati 1650ht. In both ikspi servispak 3, firewood katalist 8.9- no problems and did not happen. Do not buy cheap noname and there will be no jambs. I prefer vendors - HIS, Sapphire.
But here GF6800 GS from Asus was remembered by a terrible heat release in 2d mode and frequent scrutiny of warnings about a critical system error ... O 5600 just do remember with a shudder ... I don’t cherish more confidence in Nvidia products ...

Post has been editedFendy - 12.10.08, 05:39

Rep: (72)
By the way, when I once had 5600 ... Everything was fine with me :) She worked. And now ASUS 8600GT silent - so I overclocked more than 100 MHz core, and the memory is up to 1700 and everything works fine :) the additional cooler was not even needed

Rep: (305)
I also had 5600 ... it was a terrible video card :)
My previous GeForce 4 Ti4200 didn’t have new effects like 5600, but it worked much faster

Rep: (75)
I had 440 mx and 6600 gt, the last one at least worked somehow, but everything slowed down on it, since I switched to ati. It seems like there was a lot of standards for h1900, I bought 3870 two weeks ago and I don’t think about brakes in general, I recommend everyone to buy Sapphire company cards) By the way, in my opinion, the quality of the picture is especially visible in the color gamut and the anti-aliasing of ati is different from Nvidia for the better, there were once problems with drivers on 1600 pro on laptop and then everything in a bundle.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 12.10.08, 13:47

Rep: (20)
I buy something that at a point in time is better in performance. For example, a few years ago, top ATI 9800xhh did NVIDIA tops for almost half a year, and now (since 2900) ATI put it mildly in the priest ...

Rep: (277)
Stormobile,
So now the top ATI does Comrade Nvidia .. and now, as if all the records were set at the 2900x cross-country. so everything is relative.

but about the reliability of Nvidia - something hurts it often flashes now due to defective chips ..
I am for ATI, of course, but I make the choice in favor of an optimal for money / quality decision.

Post has been editedninja88 - 11.01.19, 17:24
Reason for editing: Corrected title

Rep: (338)
but about the reliability of Nvidia - it hurts something that often happens in connection with defective chips ..

All that I had ATI changed because they died. Nvidia did not die.

Rep: (82)
I will not vote because pointless, there are fans from both the one and the other office.
What is good for Nvidia is the problem-free installation of firewood, in a couple of mouse clicks. And about the marriage, so just not lucky and do not need to burn 3 cheap Chinese noname to yell that the chips suck. I know people whose Sony products are burning like candles and they hate Sony))) although their equipment is much higher in quality than other brands.

Rep: (72)
Oddly enough, Nvidia is winning :)
And the vote is just necessary to determine which company has more fans.

Post has been editedPr0t0n - 23.10.08, 19:34

Rep: (23)
I choose Ponte! I choose Nvidiu! : rolleyes:

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/08/19, 08:00