X96S tv stick | TV Box, 1 "/ 2.0GHz / 2 / 4GB RAM

Rep: (27)
DiscussionX96S tv stick
PictureAMLOGIC S905 Y2 X96S Google Android 8.1
Description |Discussion пїЅ | Purchase В»| Accessories В»| Firmware В»| A source of information

Attached Image

Specifications:
Main characteristics
в—Џ Android 8.1 operating system
в—Џ Amlogic S905Y2 processor, quad-core processor, ARM Cortex-A53, 2.0 GHz
в—Џ ARM Dvalin MP2 GPU
в—Џ 2 GB / 4 GB DDR4 RAM + 16 GB / 32 GB EMMC ROM
в—Џ 2.4 GHz + 5.8 GHz dual-band WiFi
в—Џ Support 4K Ultra HD image display
в—Џ H.265 decoding support

Additional Information:

Post has been editedgabby - 09.08.19, 13:56
Reason for editing: firmware

Rep: (4)
And what is the reason for flashing? What's not to love about stock firmware?
I rolled SuperSU from the market and the device turned into a brick, hanging on the boot logo.
I had to reanimate :)

Igoriy905 @ 01/22/19, 16:34*
I have only 2.4 on TL-WR841N
Then it is advisable to upgrade to support 5GHz, (now all new customers support this standard) and take a version with support for ac standard. It's worth it. I connected a set of two points TP-LINK Deco M5 to my 5 year old router. Now in the whole apartment freaky WiFi)))

Post has been editedbmaxim - 23.01.19, 10:46

Rep: (9)
* bmaxim, In general, x96s is a normal prefix? Or look for something else? I wanted to buy x96 max, but in the topic with its discussion, there were many comments that something was falling off, not working. X96s seems to be the same, only in a different case.

Rep: (4)
Igoriy905 @ 01/23/19, 11:23*
general x96s normal prefix
Great compact stick for watching video content. With straight arms, nothing should fall off)))
I really like this model.

Rep: (7)
* Igoriy905,
Compact.
If this is not critical, IMHO it is better to take a full-sized square.
There is no sound output, analog video, only 1 USB (inserted the mouse receiver - and nowhere to stick a USB flash drive), built-in IR receiver (to turn on or off you need to stick a wire).
In terms of glitches - one processor, one reference design. In my opinion, all the problems climb the flashers. I personally do not have access, why, for the sake of changing the launcher, put another firmware?

* bmaxim, thank. The main thing is not to put SuperSU)

* wolodik, thank. I do not need exits. The sound is output from the TV, analog video is also not necessary, if possible via hdmi. The only bad thing is that 1 usb, but you can try to connect a usb hub.
The main thing for me is to connect and forget that it is there somewhere. Let herself update on what she needs on wifi.

* Igoriy905,
And, most importantly, I forgot - there is no LAN port!
I connected a card reader with a USB hub - it works.
But the question is - if he will be stationary at home, why chase the minimum dimensions, and then poke him with external devices?
X96s seems to me a niche solution, more for guests, trips, hotels.

Posted on 1/23/2019, 13:52:

Another way to easily brick the device is to set up the libamcodec.so file when configuring SPMC, but not physically copy it.
Hangs on the logo, requires flashing.

* wolodik, just about to order, now again I think)
I will order max.

* Igoriy905,
They cost about the same, but in x96s you pay for the size - but if you are not going to use it, why then?
I have a complete kit at home - x92, x96mini, now x96s. Each for its own tasks :)

* wolodik,
Ordered x96max. I do not plan to change the firmware and launchers, I think it will work fine.

* Igoriy905,
You can just change the launcher (just put it from the market orsavagemessiahzine.com- For example, I liked SquareHome). The staffer is painfully miserable.
I can say that all my consoles work fine, although I didn’t shaman anything with them.
Only I recommend installing SPMC as a player (and expand the buffer) - without it, it lags heavy video over the network, even in the MX player, and in X96mini it periodically hangs tightly with it.

* wolodik,
Maybe the regular one will be normal for me, on the android I only have a phone, there is nothing to compare with)

Lomalcin
:-)
I bought only because of the "wireless display" function to display a picture from a smartphone on a TV set. 32 gb version for 1.7 p. on pandao. The rest is obtained in the appendage.
I bought it only because of the "wireless display" function to display a picture from a smartphone on a telly. Version 32 gb for 1.7r. on Pandao.

Please give me a link to the store on Pandao - I have never bought it there and therefore I am afraid. But the prices are so clearly lower. And tell me how much time they delivered.

Rep: (27)
Then he discovered that if updates do not come, then you need to clean the cache of the Fota application. Only need to be cleaned in the white settings, because otherwise they are not cleaned.

Post has been editeddimar1973 - 26.01.19, 19:01
Reason for editing: Added

Rep: (24)
* dimar1973 ,
And did you connect any hub?

Rep: (81)
Another video review of this stick came out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewoSrOOVP8E

Detailed enough. It is only a pity that the author’s narrative style is a little “clumsy”, a lot of “water” and repetitions.

Rep: (1)
Please give me a link to the store on Pandao - I have never bought it there and therefore I am afraid. But the prices are so clearly lower. And tell me how much time they delivered.

Now the prices are not lower, but approximately ali, or even higher. I bought in this storehttps://pandao.ru/merchant/ChrishuangDelivered in 3 weeks.

Rep: (12)
Bought 2 pcs. - for projector and TV. Everything works fine, first impressions are only positive. HDMI CEC is fully operational. Powered by usb. When you turn off the TV, the stick turns off, when you turn on (and, accordingly, power is supplied to the usb port), it turns on. The stock launcher is not very, but it is easily solved. WiFi 5 GHz works with a bang, it gives me 160 Mbit / s with the 200 claimed by the operator (this is me about the Ethernet wire, who is missing). The remote took g20, did not hope for a native one. Loading at startup is pretty fast and certainly not slower than the x96max analog, which is also available, where you still need to change the power supply and the remote control completely sucks. It’s bad that 1 usb (here I saw that the usb hub is supported, therefore this is not a problem even), but there is a micro SD slot. It is not heated. In general, I’m very pleased, I even regretted a little that I took x96max :) There is also a h96pro mini h3 stick - compared to it, this stick is generally a hurricane :) I don’t play games, but I want to try :) - I think everything will pull.

Rep: (6)
The guys who put on this devicesavagemessiahzine.com? All right? And then I can’t enter something in the profile from this device, then it doesn’t let the captcha go again, throws it at it

Rep: (12)
steelm
If we talk about the Torrent Stream Controller - there are friezes ... The best thing I could do was put the Vimu player, there I set up manual buffering for 300-400 mb. When viewing almost does not lag, if that happens, it is almost not noticeable. I can’t say about everything else, I don’t use it.

Post has been editedOKA - 03.02.19, 00:16
Reason for editing: Add-ons

Rep: (1)
Guys, I want to warn everyone - after installing SuperSU from the market, the device turns into a brick. I encountered this, I had to reflash

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 19:24