X96S tv stick | TV Box, 1 "/ 2.0GHz / 2 / 4GB RAM

Rep: (27)
DiscussionX96S tv stick
PictureAMLOGIC S905 Y2 X96S Google Android 8.1
Description |Discussion пїЅ | Purchase В»| Accessories В»| Firmware В»| A source of information

Attached Image

Specifications:
Main characteristics
в—Џ Android 8.1 operating system
в—Џ Amlogic S905Y2 processor, quad-core processor, ARM Cortex-A53, 2.0 GHz
в—Џ ARM Dvalin MP2 GPU
в—Џ 2 GB / 4 GB DDR4 RAM + 16 GB / 32 GB EMMC ROM
в—Џ 2.4 GHz + 5.8 GHz dual-band WiFi
в—Џ Support 4K Ultra HD image display
в—Џ H.265 decoding support

Additional Information:

Post has been editedgabby - 09.08.19, 13:56
Reason for editing: firmware

Rep: (31)
Does Auto Frame Rate work well? The stick is needed only in order to put iptv (Perfect Player) on autorun.

Post has been editedNobomb - 21.02.19, 19:50

Rep: (1)
It (Auto Frame Rate) is NOT here.

* Senat00 Well, nothing to say so. He is through the SPMC.

As for me, all this does not work as it should. It remains to wait for the official update with built-in AFR, if any.

My stick is stable and for some unknown reason freezes and crashes every 1.5 - 2 hours. This happens both under load and in idle time. I don’t understand what’s wrong, apparently I got a marriage.
I updated the firmware, did a reset to the factory settings. I changed the mouse and turned it off. Power supply 2A, changed. The temperature is in order, the stress test of antitu passes without problems.
He opened his belly. It seemed that not very high-quality soldering - a lot of traces of acid were noticeable. I cleaned and washed the entire board with alcohol - it began to fly out less often, but it crashes anyway.

I took a picture of the insides (X96s, 4/32 GB).
Surprised wifi - sticker film on the cover (from the side of the blue light near usb 3.0). At the same time it catches very well (2.4 / 5 GHz).
The heatsink on the processor is a simple aluminum plate on a thermal tape, there is no ventilation of the case. But there is no serious heating either.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Evgen_A @ 02.22.2019, 09:50*
My stick is stable and for some reason hangs and crashes every 1.5 - 2 hours.

I have the same picture, I already wrote about it here. It sometimes plows all evening without problems, and sometimes it flies several times. It seems to me that the problem is in the software.

Post has been editedZeljukan - 22.02.19, 11:59

Rep: (5)
Evgen_A @ 02.22.19, 09:50*
I cleaned and washed the entire board with alcohol

such things are not cleaned with alcohol, since water-based alcohol

such things are not cleaned with alcohol, since water-based alcohol

Perhaps I'm not special in this. What was at hand, and cleaned. The water itself can not harm there if it is de-energized until it dries.

* evgen_A,
Thanks for the photo, they helped a lot, but I can’t make out where the heatsink is on the processor and is it at all?

There is no normal radiator, there is an aluminum plate (probably) on a thermal tape and that's it. Shot from a different angle.

Attached images
Attached Image

* evgen_A , It seems to him, and this is enough)

Rep: (12)
Also flies<_<There is such a radiator
Attached Image

OKA @ 02.22.2019, 17:22*
Also flies<_<There is such a radiator
[attachment = "15458310: IMG_20190222_181950.jpg"]

Do you have version 2/16? because in version 4/32 the radiator is different.

At first you confused me a little, because you ordered 4/32 ..
Attached Image

By the rank of radiators, it follows from this that they are riveted by different cantors who bought scarves, boxes and any other entrails.

Guys, hello everyone and all a happy holiday!
I have never used TV sticks and boxes before - there was no need (the PC is constantly connected to the TV set), but then I decided to take some older version to play around. I’ll bother you - I’ll give it to my wife)) Hence a lot of stupid questions, don’t kick very hard. I order the stick itself and the gyro + mouse G20 voice. Am I doing everything right? In general, I'm used to a regular computer mouse, will it be convenient to use it at all? Or is aeromouse better anyway? Is the keyboard relevant or can I roll some small text with my voice through the air mouse? Or is the voice generally only for searching in applications and even then not in all? ..
On some forum I read that it seems like the second edition of the stick appeared. If so, what are the differences and how to distinguish them when buying?
Well, in general, if not difficult, give a couple of three recommendations on what you need to pay attention to when choosing a stick and accessories.
Order here
Stick:https: //ru.aliexpress....999.265.1ac93c006k30E4
Air Mouse:https: //ru.aliexpress...999.259.1ac93c006k30E4
If suddenly I’m doing something wrong - stop it. The order has not yet been paid. Thank!

* baracuda12, apparently different or sculpt from the fact that lying under my feet :-)

Attempts to deal with freezes continue. Yesterday I turned off wifi and bluetooth (it was turned on!) - and lo and behold, a day has passed and there has not been a single departure! Today I turned on wifi - I'm waiting in the hope that the problem is not in it, but in bluetooth (I do not need it).
Who also hangs, try disabling bluetooth in the settings.

* GAMMY M,
On the air mice, they are pretty voracious to batteries (my child plays on TV and swallows them pretty quickly), I would look for myself with a battery and not batteries.
On a stick - the hardware inside is very advanced for today, but the firmware is still raw, there are problems with the mouse, launcher - this will probably be solved in future firmware. Well, for some (for example, for me) it periodically hangs, until it is not clear why.

Rep: (2)
* evgen_A, Please report the result in flights without using bluetooth. I still haven’t received my stick, but I'm already starting to regret that I ordered this copy.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 15:55