"Linux on dex" | Project to launch Linux on ARM smartphones

Rep: (5)
* ELEKTR0NIK, have you tried this? "Linux on dex" (Post maxwarez # 82439144)

Rep: (70)
Maxwarez @ 03/03/19, 5:10*
have you tried this?
tried, not tasty: nea:

Rep: (5)
* ELEKTR0NIK,
you just don’t know how to cook

Posted on 03/04/2019, 21:53:

* remontka.pro,
Thanks for the manul. I saw him in English.
But what about invigorating the flash in the browser?

Post has been editedmaxwarez - 04.03.19, 22:34

Rep: (-1)
Infa not found anywhere. Therefore, I will ask here.
I am far from programming and all that.
Therefore, for myself, I see only one scenario for using LoD. This is to play some old games optimized for Linux from steam.
Essence: Understand what Exxinos can do. How to tighten the driver for the "video card". Well and most importantly is this possible?

Rep: (38)
* Time.cloud17 , no impossible. Play games, if current on emulators, which can be done simply in dex. Do not forget that the architecture of the arm64 processor in the phone does not stupidly compile “big” games for it.

Rep: (17)
Maxwarez @ 03/04/19, 21:52*
But what about invigorating the flash in the browser?

Judging by what they write on hda and reddit, there’s no way

Guys, in LoD mode, is it possible to install programs?

* ELEKTR0NIK , no problem. All that is in turnips. Plus, collect from the source for your pleasure.
Keep in mind that ibus is not supported - the lxd container is on top of the android.

Post has been editedmaxic34239 - 17.03.19, 11:54
Reason for editing: Ps

Rep: (161)
Tell me, does the Linux on DEX function work on the new generation of Galaxy S10 / 10 + / 10e?
just power in it even more than in Note9

Keep in mind that ibus is not supported - the lxd container is on top of the android.

I do not understand these terms.
I'm interested in thisprogram.

Rep: (146)
Does Galaxy S10 / 10 + / 10e work with Linux on DEX?
just power in it even more than in Note9

At the moment, the point is not in the power of the device, but in optimizing the application itself for these devices. At the moment, the implementation itself is lame.

* prz13,
does it work or not?
Maybe soon the 10th Android is easier to wait, they promise a desktop mode for everyone.

Maybe soon the 10th Android is easier to wait, they promise a desktop mode for everyone.

Most likely it will be so, but a pity.

does it work or not?

Most likely no.

* prz13,
maybe then it’s worth 9 raccoons to buy, as I understand everything works on it, he’ll most likely get 10 bucket. The price tag is likely cheaper than 10s.

* ELEKTR0NIK , what you specified, obviously will not start. The package name indicates the architecture of the x86-64 processor; in mobile, arm64 is used.

Posted on 03/18/2019, 03:05:

* ennenn but no one promised Linux in it. Do not confuse soft with warm.

maybe then it costs 9 raccoons to buy, as I understand it everything works on it

It is up to you to decide, but do not forget that it is still beta and when it comes out of this state is not known. If you take Note 9, take it at 512.

* prz13, But there is a difference what percent for LOD? I'm talking about snap and eksinos

But there is a difference what percent for LOD? I'm talking about snap and eksinos

Not.

Rep: (9)
If the Gnome2 panel beneath Unity is bothering anyone on the left, install the "dconf editor" and set auto-hide for the toplevel-0 panel

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (12)
* ennenn , Today I checked on my s10 + 12/1024 - lod 1.0.43 works, as on s9 + it was about. Only added problems with physical. the keyboard doesn’t seem to start text input right away for some reason. Only 1080p works for me through the Chinese adapter on hdmi, which is powered, that without. At 9+ it was like that too.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/31/19, 01:33