"Linux on dex" | Project to launch Linux on ARM smartphones

Rep: (36)
https: //www.xda-develo…samsung-galaxy-note-9/

Rep: (5)
To install Ubuntu on your phone you need to install the applicationhttps://yadi.sk/d/GLuq8gilV1yTJA
Then download the image of ubuntu itself, and drop it into the LoD folder.https://yadi.sk/d/zsmW8OYTDGfZeQ
We launch the application directly on the phone or in DEX mode and create a container according to the instructionshttps://www.linuxondex.com/
In Dex mode, in the application, press the RUN button. We use ubuntu
Default Account:
account: dextop
Password: secret

Currently only works on Note 9 and Tab S4

Screenshots with Note 9

ps I could not configure Russian there. Most likely due to poor knowledge of the ubunt itself. I did not overcome the flash in the browser.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedmaxwarez - 15.02.19, 23:59

Rep: (150)
To install Ubuntu on your phone you need to install the application

This application is in the Play Market.Download!, the application is still in beta.
Then download the image of ubuntu itself, and drop it into the LoD folder

Not necessarily, the image can and should be downloaded from the application itself.

Currently only works on Note 9 and Tab S4

it is, on Note 8 I still could not launch it.
I could not set up the Russian language there. Most likely due to poor knowledge of the ubunt itself. I did not overcome the flash in the browser.

Next week I will do it if I have time to complete the instructions!

Prz13 @ 02.16.19, 08:55*
This application is in the Play Market. Download!, The application is in beta.

For those who signed up apparently on beta
Attached Image

Not necessarily, the image can and should be downloaded from the application itself.

Not everyone downloads. And if it sways it is very slow.Herethere were complaints. To do this, transferred to disk.

Next week I will do it if I have time to complete the instructions!

But this is useful :-)
Although there is instructions on the site how to add a language. Not mastered)

Maxwarez @ 02.16.19, 10:36*
But this is useful

My USB keyboard has not worked yet, only BT will deal with this too.

Maxwarez @ 02.16.19, 10:36*
For those who signed up apparently on beta

Yes, when I registered there, but I can still register now or not?

Prz13 @ 02.16.19, 12:18*
Yes, when I registered there, but I can still register now or not?

No longer.
My keyboard and mouse have taken off. There is probably something wrong with the adapter. I suspect that Dex itself doesn’t work either *?

I suspect that Dex itself doesn’t work either *?

Everything works in a cupcake! Especially since I have three different ones and all Samsung. I’ll pick it up tomorrow!

Rep: (4)
With the update, the terminal started working in the application on s9 +

Mp4 @ 02.17.19, 09:50*
With the update, the terminal started working in the application on s9 +

Is the Ubuntu image starting up? or just a terminal?

Rep: (4)
Prz13 @ 02.17.2019, 07:05*
Is the Ubuntu image starting up? or just a terminal?

Unfortunately, I have not yet purchased a dex station and I can’t check it, but on the previous version of the application even the terminal did not start

Rep: (-1)
Hello. Recently, after the release of android 9, I still managed to launch the Dex application on S9 +. I could not find the image and Linux and demolished it. Now downloaded again, installed and as soon as it loads it automatically closes. I reinstalled the application, rebooted the phone, installed the last apk that worked. What could be the reason? It does not start either from the phone or from the station.

Time.cloud17 @ 02.22.19, 2:46*
I reinstalled the application, rebooted the phone, installed the last apk that worked. What could be the reason? It does not start either from the phone or from the station.

Read carefully! The app currently only works with Note9 and Tab S4
Attached Image

I have seen that. But for some reason I’m sure that with the advent of the 9th version of the anzhroyd s9 I began to support this. Since before, Dex beta wrote about this. When I put it on the 9th application, it functioned normally, but because of the end of the test, the image of linux did not load. Now the problem is different. The application just closes without any errors

Time.cloud17 @ 02.22.19, 09:02*
The application just closes without any errors

Again. At the moment, this application will work only on 2 models. It won’t work on all other devices. Even if it starts, then the distribution itself cannot be deployed. When the application leaves the Beta status, support for other devices may appear, but most likely new ones are connected primarily with the new cooling system and protection against overheating.

Rep: (0)
On s9 + linux on dex works fine. I took apk from the xda forum, everything started up and the phone does not heat up.

Denger21 @ 02.25.19, 08:36*
On s9 + linux on dex works fine. I took apk from the xda forum, everything started up and the phone does not heat up.

Screens out and version of Ark.

https: //www.apkmirror...apk-download/download/

Found a new version of APK 1.0.43. Everything is working. It's time to say "I said")

Time.cloud17 @ 02.26.19, 4:04*
Found a new version of APK 1.0.43. Everything is working. It's time to say "I said")

I have installed 1.0.49. Lay out screenshots confirming the operation of this application on your device.

Prz13 @ 02.26.2019, 07:11*
I have installed 1.0.49. Lay out screenshots confirming the operation of this application on your device.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedTime.cloud17 - 26.02.19, 12:52

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/04/19, 12:56