DJI Osmo Pocket | [other]

Rep: (2)
DJI Osmo Pocket

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Device description
Osmo Pocket's miniature 3-axis stabilizer smooths camera movements, turning a regular video into a scene from a movie, be it a beautiful sunset or the baby’s first steps.

Osmo Pocket creates incredible images from everyday moments.
1/2, 3-inch matrix, a viewing angle of 80 В° and a f / 2.0 aperture provide
amazing picture quality, and the camera can record video in 4K
at 100 Mbps and get 12-megapixel images with a pixel size of 1.55 microns.

Osmo Pocket is more than smooth shooting and high quality images. The intelligent features of ActiveTrack, Dynamic Timelapse (Motionlapse) and Panorama 3x3 (3x3 Panorama) open up new shooting possibilities.

ORIGINAL VIDEO WITHOUT TREATMENT (4K @ 25)
Device characteristics
Dimensions 121.9 Г— 36.9 Г— 28.6 mm
Weight 116 g

CAMERA
1 / 2.3 "CMOS matrix
Effective Pixels: 12 million
Lens Viewing Angle: 80 В° F2.0
ISO range Photo: 100–3200
Videos: 100–3200
Exposure range 8–1 / 8000 s
Max. image resolution 4000 Г— 3000 pixels
Modes of photography Single-shot, panorama, time-lapse, dynamic time-lapse
4K Ultra HD video resolution: 3840 Г— 2160 24/25/30/48/50 / 60p
FHD: 1920 Г— 1080 24/25/30/48/50/60
Auto Video Modes
Max. 100 Mbps video bitrate
Supported file formats are FAT32 (≤32 GB), exFAT (>64 GB)
Photo JPEG / JPEG + DNG
Video MP4 / MOV (MPEG-4 AVC / H.264)
Compatible microSD memory cards, (max. Capacity: 256 GB)
48 kHz audio output, AAC format

STABILIZER
Working range of rotation angles Rotation: -230 В° ... + 50 В°
Slope: -95 В° ... + 50 В°
Roll: В± 45 В°
Max. adjustable speed 120 В° / s

BATTERY
Type Lithium Polymer
Capacity 875 mAh
Energy 6,738 W / h
Voltage 7.7 V
Operating temperature range 0 В° ... + 40 В° C
Operating time 140 min.
Charging time 73 min.
Shooting time:
4K60 - 40 min
4K30 - 60 min
1080p30 - 140 min
Useful information
Accessory kit:

Battery cover
Used for storing and charging Osmo Pocket with space for two microSD memory cards, four neutral density filters and two connectors for smartphones.

Wireless module
Provides Osmo Pocket connection to a smartphone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to control and transfer data.

Regulator
It consists of a wheel for controlling the axis of rotation and tilt and two buttons to control the composition of the shooting.

Neutral density filter kit
Reduces the amount of light entering the matrix, and allows you to control camera settings with any lighting.

Waterproof case
Accessory for shooting with Osmo Pocket at a depth of 60 m - smooth frames and detailed images even in dim light.

Case
Provides protection for the Osmo Pocket when carrying.

3.5 mm adapter
Allows you to use an external microphone to improve the sound quality.

Smartphone adapter
The smartphone adapter (Lightning, USB-C) allows you to connect your smartphone to the Osmo Pocket and use the DJI Mimo app.

Monopod
Consists of a retractable rod, a joystick stabilizer, buttons on the handle and 1/4-inch tripod.

Accessories mount
Two different mounts for accessories.
Platform Compatibility
Android, iOS

Post has been editedcmotpu - 06.12.18, 15:49

Rep: (1)
UIS ordered on dji.com, took a plus card, plus insurance for two years.

Pens, a wireless set and sets have already appeared on the site. But ordering them is not yet possible.

Rep: (0)
I’m personally interested to know who has better stabilization when compared to Smooth 4

Attached Image

Post has been editedBelieveme - 05.12.18, 13:09

Rep: (3)
TOSATECH @ 12/05/18, 19:18*
via china

Directly from the DJI website it will not be possible to place an order for the Russian Federation. At least when I made an order for Mavik Air at the beginning of the year, I received a refusal.
You can buy on Ali, there new products always appear on the day sales start. Just look at the shops for which good reviews are here on the forum.

And there is always a guarantee from DJI, for this it is not necessary to take from the officials. Here in the next branch, the issue of guarantee was sucked for a week)))))

Post has been editedRocktime - 05.12.18, 13:15

* RockTape and when did the refusal come? I have so far the status - Payment Status: Authorized.

RockTape @ 12/05/18, 13:09*
Directly from the DJI website it will not be possible to place an order for the Russian Federation. At least when I made an order for Mavik Air at the beginning of the year, I received a refusal.
You can buy on Ali, there new products always appear on the day sales start. Just look at the shops for which good reviews are here on the forum.

And there is always a guarantee from DJI, for this it is not necessary to take from the officials. Here in the next branch, the issue of guarantee was sucked for a week)))))

That is, you can safely order with Ali, and in which case, under warranty, take it to the official DJI service center in Moscow?

* BelieveMe,
A smartphone is useless to stabilize. There is a variable frame rate. Because of this, how not to take off will be twitching. Exception of Iphon with a paid program.

Nevertheless, in various reviews he is represented as prof. serious stabilizer for shooting videos and clips

Post has been editedBelieveme - 05.12.18, 13:22

Ali prices are certainly good. But the delivery time and Russian Post haunt me.

By the way, filters from third-party manufacturers have already appeared

A smartphone is useless to stabilize. There is a variable frame rate. Because of this, how not to take off will be twitching. Exception of Iphon with a paid program.

The question was originally about stabilization. If DJI Osmo Pocket stabilizes no worse than Smooth 4, then why make such bulky, large and heavy stubs?

Answers to some questions

For example, about how you can write to the phone’s memory without an SD card in the OSMO Pocket itself.

in the same video, they say that the D-Cinelike function has already been introduced in the application for the iphone, but still not on the android. So think damn it. Why applications always do much better on iphone than on android.

Post has been editedcmotpu - 05.12.18, 14:43
Reason for editing: addition

Rep: (23)
* BelieveMe,
BelieveMe @ 12/05/18, 13:45*
why then do such bulky, large and heavy stubs?

* BelieveMe,
The size of the stub depends on the dimensions of the camera and its center of gravity. Turn your camera around and get an impressive sphere. But Osmochka = small + the camera body is an element of the stub (they are inseparable), and this gives a revolutionary effect. And of course + what I already wrote above Zirvistramir about batteries and power motors ...

Post has been editedzherebil - 05.12.18, 14:31

comparison of GoPro 7 Black and Dji Osmo Pocket at night. Due to the mechanical stabilization Osmo is a cut above in quality

https://youtu.be/ORXENZxl9pQ

Whole article:https: //myfirstdrone.c...-vs-gopro-hero-7-black

I do not follow action cameras, because this type of device is not interested.
It's not just about night shooting. Even in a home environment (with insufficient light), Dji will be superior to GoPro, and for me this is one of the most common shooting scenarios (there is a cat and a cat).

Rep: (7)
Sales will begin after December 20th, at least in Europe. Nowhere are they on sale. Only pre-order. Otherwise, the DJI Mimo App would be in the playlist or in the playstation. There is no app and will appear only during the start of sales. To activate the camera for the first time, you need to register in the app.
Those footages that were laid out above were shot by testers or a reviewer on 11/21/18, that is, even before the presentation. Dji does the right thing by first testing through simple users. Then they start selling. By this time, and app will be fixed.

Great full review found
https://youtu.be/4_xKyzX0PmQ

Mr.Fix01 @ 12/05/18, 19:53*
Sale will begin after December 20th

where is the information from? everywhere indicated December 15th.
Zirvistramir @ 12/05/18, 15:03*
The GoPro 7 black branch has already been discussed several times. And everything resembles the question, "why shoot at night ?!"

why then to shoot at all?)) I do not understand why these devices are compared? picture quality, well, approx.
This devices are designed for different purposes. you can put 5d in a protective case and dive with it, the quality will be higher than that of 7 goPro))

Delich @ 12/05/2018, 19:43*
[b]

where is the information from? everywhere indicated December 15 ....

He called several stores himself, in Switzerland, locally. Some already have in stocks, some have ordered lots and are waiting, they don’t give a date, they say two or three weeks and they will start selling. On the site of one of the stores is already exactly - December 20.

Posted on 12/05/2018, 21:47:

Post has been editedmr.Fix01 - 05.12.18, 21:48

Rep: (23)
This is kind of the biggest review.https://digbox.ru/podv...oj-dj-osmo-pocket.html

Here is a screen from that site. If they do not have a product, then they write - about, about ... And here for sure- sale from 12/20/2018

Attached Image

Shooting time:
4K60 - 40 min
4K30 - 60 min
1080p30 - 140 min

(* cmotpu , put it in a hat, please)

Can be charged while shooting.
I would also like to know if it is possible to charge from the phone through the adapter (if the phone supports this function, of course)

Infa taken from here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks_45hOfwO0
The video compares Pocket and Mobile 2 + OnePlus 6.

Post has been editedNoBodyX - 06.12.18, 00:01

Zirvistramir @ 12/05/18, 10:54 PM*
Squeezing YouTube is evil. Uploading 1080p video for a 4K camera is evilВІ.

source codes are very good (I think they were shooting with polarik)

Zirvistramir @ 12/05/18, 10:54 PM*
DJI will be complete idiots if they do not release a special quadrocopter for Osmo Pocket.

They are a Chinese epl, do not miss the chance to earn.
but next year I’ll wang Osmo Pocket pro with a new matrix (as it was with the 4–4pro phantom), with moisture protection, a replaceable battery, and a larger screen that fits so conveniently in the hand))
before the copter’s accessory, I think they will wait 3-4 years, competitors were blown away by all))

Zirvistramir @ 12/06/18, 00:33*
Even Xiaomi has a drone with a removable camera, not to mention the GoPro

I apparently missed a lot of good product from xiaomi? strange then why in the tests only goPro with a poke?

about karma from the gopro after the news:

GoPro's first drone failed. Due to power problems, the quadrocopter suddenly turned off and fell to the ground, so the company was forced to recall the product. To compensate for the drone's customers, the Hero 5 action camera was presented.

IMHO has ceased to believe that they will even get close to DJI.
he himself constantly took his 5d m3 pair with him on trips (with lenses 28 50 85) + Zhiyung crane 2 has always been very difficult to use all this, but too lazy to carry around and constantly worry about safety.
Sony action always gave a primitive "full-eye fish-eye" picture.
maybe there is an alternative in terms of kamerastedik at such a price? (from calculation 25tr 2499Y $ 349)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/03/19, 07:58