DJI Osmo Pocket | [other]

Rep: (2)
DJI Osmo Pocket

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Device description
Osmo Pocket's miniature 3-axis stabilizer smooths camera movements, turning a regular video into a scene from a movie, be it a beautiful sunset or the baby’s first steps.

Osmo Pocket creates incredible images from everyday moments.
1/2, 3-inch matrix, a viewing angle of 80 В° and a f / 2.0 aperture provide
amazing picture quality, and the camera can record video in 4K
at 100 Mbps and get 12-megapixel images with a pixel size of 1.55 microns.

Osmo Pocket is more than smooth shooting and high quality images. The intelligent features of ActiveTrack, Dynamic Timelapse (Motionlapse) and Panorama 3x3 (3x3 Panorama) open up new shooting possibilities.

ORIGINAL VIDEO WITHOUT TREATMENT (4K @ 25)
Device characteristics
Dimensions 121.9 Г— 36.9 Г— 28.6 mm
Weight 116 g

CAMERA
1 / 2.3 "CMOS matrix
Effective Pixels: 12 million
Lens Viewing Angle: 80 В° F2.0
ISO range Photo: 100–3200
Videos: 100–3200
Exposure range 8–1 / 8000 s
Max. image resolution 4000 Г— 3000 pixels
Modes of photography Single-shot, panorama, time-lapse, dynamic time-lapse
4K Ultra HD video resolution: 3840 Г— 2160 24/25/30/48/50 / 60p
FHD: 1920 Г— 1080 24/25/30/48/50/60
Auto Video Modes
Max. 100 Mbps video bitrate
Supported file formats are FAT32 (≤32 GB), exFAT (>64 GB)
Photo JPEG / JPEG + DNG
Video MP4 / MOV (MPEG-4 AVC / H.264)
Compatible microSD memory cards, (max. Capacity: 256 GB)
48 kHz audio output, AAC format

STABILIZER
Working range of rotation angles Rotation: -230 В° ... + 50 В°
Slope: -95 В° ... + 50 В°
Roll: В± 45 В°
Max. adjustable speed 120 В° / s

BATTERY
Type Lithium Polymer
Capacity 875 mAh
Energy 6,738 W / h
Voltage 7.7 V
Operating temperature range 0 В° ... + 40 В° C
Operating time 140 min.
Charging time 73 min.
Shooting time:
4K60 - 40 min
4K30 - 60 min
1080p30 - 140 min
Useful information
Accessory kit:

Battery cover
Used for storing and charging Osmo Pocket with space for two microSD memory cards, four neutral density filters and two connectors for smartphones.

Wireless module
Provides Osmo Pocket connection to a smartphone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to control and transfer data.

Regulator
It consists of a wheel for controlling the axis of rotation and tilt and two buttons to control the composition of the shooting.

Neutral density filter kit
Reduces the amount of light entering the matrix, and allows you to control camera settings with any lighting.

Waterproof case
Accessory for shooting with Osmo Pocket at a depth of 60 m - smooth frames and detailed images even in dim light.

Case
Provides protection for the Osmo Pocket when carrying.

3.5 mm adapter
Allows you to use an external microphone to improve the sound quality.

Smartphone adapter
The smartphone adapter (Lightning, USB-C) allows you to connect your smartphone to the Osmo Pocket and use the DJI Mimo app.

Monopod
Consists of a retractable rod, a joystick stabilizer, buttons on the handle and 1/4-inch tripod.

Accessories mount
Two different mounts for accessories.
Platform Compatibility
Android, iOS

Post has been editedcmotpu - 06.12.18, 15:49

Rep: (23)
NoBodyX @ 12/04/18, 19:14*
Video originals

* NoBodyX,
Pts are good videos. Color rendition is directly portrait. Well there for a matrix ??? Schaz looked in Photoshop = gorgeous (not action) color. I wonder what photo quality is then. It is a pity there are no Ravs.

Post has been editedzherebil - 04.12.18, 20:49

Rep: (0)
Zherebil @ 12/04/18, 18:28*
Pts are good videos. Color rendition is directly portrait. Well there for a matrix ???

I don’t know the exact matrix model (neither on the official website, nor in the reviews is indicated), but perhaps it’s Sony IMX380 (resolution 12 mpx and pixel size 1.55 μm). One of the best matrices by the standards of smartphones.
But good matrix and optics can be ruined by bad software. I read somewhere that the dynamic range of this device is not very. In part, the situation should be saved by the D-Cinelike profile (they will add it in a new update). True, the sky will remain white (overexposed), and from the shadows a little more information can be obtained. As far as I understand, such features of this profile.
------
I didn’t come across a raw photo, but in one of the video reviews several inserts were made to demonstrate the photo capabilities. I liked the quality. In color rendering and detailing, I did not notice any special differences from the video sequence (4K) (I looked at YouTube in 1080p on a 24-inch monitor).

Post has been editedNoBodyX - 04.12.18, 20:57

Guys, what card do you need to buy for this camera? What should be the transfer speed for 4k and 60fps?

Mrleb @ 12/04/18, 18:58*
Guys, what card do you need to buy for this camera? What should be the transfer speed for 4k and 60fps?

UHS-I U3
write speed (not to be confused with read speed) from 15 mb / s
judging by Ukrainian prices, now it’s profitable to take 128 GB
------
note that 100 Mbps video will gobble up 45 GB per hour of shooting

Post has been editedNoBodyX - 04.12.18, 21:04

https: //www.photograph...m/news/dji_osmo_pocket

Rep: (21)
The people, and where so many foreign language reviews on the internet if sales have not yet begun?
And not a single one from our real buyer.
Boiling up ..
https://youtu.be/KFxXIelnphg

It seems that the standard practice is to send pre-sale items by popular reviewers to stimulate pre-orders and general excitement. Probably, the Russian Federation and the CIS are not interested in DJI at the start.

Post has been editedNoBodyX - 04.12.18, 23:16

S35 @ 12/04/18, 10:45 PM*
sales have not started yet

* s35,
Bulk sales, even cheap (by the standards of the Russian Federation)https://www.avito.ru/s..._osmo_pocket_964783841

Bulk sales, even cheap (by the standards of the Russian Federation)https://www.avito.ru/s..._osmo_pocket_964783841

Given the delivery time, before 15 (or rather 20) you will not receive it

Rep: (1)
* NoBodyX,
NoBodyX @ 12/04/18, 19:14*

Thanks for the footage!
This is more than I bargained for.
throw LUT and the picture is just a bomb!

all my doubts are gone, I hope I will be one of the first to receive this miracle!

downloaded all 3 imposed a simple lute. render 18-18 h264 25 fps 1920x1080
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9Kza/Y7E4TcfMm
maybe it will be interesting to whom.

PS Throw in a hat! many questions will disappear.

Post has been editeddelich - 05.12.18, 00:37

On the German Amazon there are 359 Eureks and not for Russians.

* delich

I also visited to slightly stabilize the video in the Premiere (you can use the standard Warp Stabilizer settings, just turn off the alignment of corners, otherwise it will sometimes bend the whole picture). Crop up to 5% is obtained, but the picture becomes noticeably better.

I found a good night test in 4Q60:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9h5Xb6ga70

Rep: (3)
Zherebil @ 12/05/18, 06:43*

I saw their ad and called them. They are not in stock.
And now when you click on this link, he writes that the page does not exist.

Posted on 12/05/2018, 03:33:

Whoever says anything, it’s real to appear on sale only from 15.12. Until this time, only fashion bloggers have a piece for reviews and to stir up hype. Please note that not one Russian fashion blogger has a review. At the same time, American bloggers have already done the unpacking and shooting tests with might and main.

Rep: (1)
* NoBodyX,
I think closer December 15-17 will become more clear.
found the Asians test, they’re already selling something like:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxlxCahoA0Q
double impressions)) perhaps the curvature of the settings of the final render. but for me in this comparison the quality of the go pro will be higher. But stabilization is all the same for the pocket.

Post has been editeddelich - 05.12.18, 04:12

Rep: (3)
Yes, an interesting channel. I look at him a lot of vidos with comparisons of filming from different Jedi devices.

Posted on 12/05/2018, 08:01:

I did not look at a lot of comparisons carefully))), but the comparison of Mavik Air and Fanom was interesting)

Rep: (12)
Delich @ 12/05/18, 04:10*
found the Asians test, they’re already selling something like:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxlxCahoA0Q
double impressions)) perhaps the curvature of the settings of the final render. but for me in this comparison the quality of the go pro will be higher. But stabilization is all the same for the pocket.

Illumination is most likely from a dirty lens. But the dynamic range is poor, the sky is overexposed and not only in this video. Even considering the fact that the gopro was shot with a standard color, and not in a flat profile.

Most worried about the reliability of this device, tell me generally these kinds of things are quickly killed? The built-in stabilizer will then possibly be somehow debugged in case of what? And what about the battery when it is badly worn? We have service centers for this, is it possible then to take it to repair?

Rep: (2)
Mrleb @ 12/05/18, 10:25*
The built-in stabilizer will then possibly be somehow debugged in case of what? And what about the battery when it is badly worn? We have service centers for this, is it possible then to take it to repair?

Everything changes, the question is price. I think in six months there will already be batteries on sale. And about the stub itself, it’s better not to drop it.

Delich @ 12/05/18, 00:20*
PS Throw in a hat! many questions will disappear.

threw

Post has been editedcmotpu - 05.12.18, 10:52

Who believes that it is possible to order this camera through China, without a guarantee, but a little cheaper. Or take it better from us, but with a guarantee. Are there high risks of breaking such a design?

The people, and where so many foreign language reviews on the internet if sales have not yet begun?
And not a single one from our real buyer.
Boiling up ..
https://youtu.be/KFxXIelnphg

sales began a week ago or more, on the day of the presentation.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/01/19, 09:39