Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH | [notebook]

Rep: (3)
Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH »| Description | Buying and Accessories »| Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH - Modification
notebook: Windows 10

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
This 15.6-inch laptop, which optimally balances performance and portability, is an ideal solution for gamers. Incredibly stylish device equipped with the latest high-performance components. Lenovo Legion Y530 has a full-size white backlit keyboard, as well as the most efficient and quiet cooling system. Thanks to this gamer can be included in the game anywhere and at any time.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Specifications
CPU

Intel®Core ™ i7-8750H 8th Generation
Intel®Core ™ i5-8300H 8th Generation
operating system
Windows 10 Home or
Windows 10 Pro
Display
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) display with IPS matrix (144 Hz, 300 cd / m2), or
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) display with IPS matrix (60 Hz, 300 cd / m2), or
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) standard display with IPS matrix (60 Hz, 250 cd / m2)
Video card
NVIDIA®GeForce®GTX 1050 up to 4GB
NVIDIA®GeForce®GTX 1050 Ti up to 4GB
NVIDIA®GeForce®GTX 1060 up to 6GB
Battery
52.5 Wh
Memory
32 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Storage device
PCIe solid-state drive with a capacity of 512 GB (in the maximum configuration), with the HDD or separately.
Hard disk capacity up to 2 TB, optionally with support for Intel technology
Audio system
Harman® speakers with Dolby Audio ™ technology
Ports and connectors
3 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
USB 3.1 Type-C port
Mini DisplayPort 1.4 Connector
HDMI 2.0 connector
RJ-45 Ethernet Connector
Combo audio jack
Novo Hole Connector
Communication media
Wi-Fi 2 x 2 AC + Bluetooth.4.2
Wi-Fi 1 x 1 AC + Bluetooth.5
Dimensions (H × W × D) 365 x 260 x 24.2 mm
Weight 2.3 kg
Useful information

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 15.07.19, 23:40
Reason for editing: Limiting the frequency of the processor using standard system tools

Rep: (9)
ServerSide @ 12/14/18, 14:14*
Master-master)) I went the other way, trying to find out from lenovo how to change the work of coolers.
my hand will not rise "cut off" from my processor 40% ... although here which way to count if 69% is returned (3900Mhz-2300Mhz) = 1600Mhz which is 69% of the base frequency of 2300)
No, surely the hand will not rise)))

Share the information later.) I don’t need so much power now, I took it for work. I needed a good graphics card and processor. Most of the work goes in Photoshop, a little 3D. This power is enough. Especially when the wife is sleeping and working the night, silence is necessary)

Rep: (90)
Hello! Acquired 2 weeks ago laptop modification81FV0029RU. The flight is normal, the review by the way there is the only one from me. While everything suits, put in an SSD diskSAMSUNG 970 EVOI took the lid off with a grief in half, it stands very firmly, it burned all up while it was done, be sure to use a pick or a credit card. According to the tests, it gives out 3 Gbit / s for reading and 1.5 Gbit / s for writing. If you have a model only with HDD, be sure to put the SSD, so that the impression of the laptop does not fall.
I rolled up Win10Pro (I took the OEM key on ebay for ~ 400r), it works like a clock. The manufacturer claimed 5400 HDD, and in fact it stands at 7200. It strains a noisy cooler under load, but it seems to be used. + Sometimes it can shout for 3-4 seconds and then sit in silence. The display at 144 hertz is not appreciated, as for me, the difference with 60 Hz is not noticeable.
There will be questions, ask.

Posted 12/14/2018 19:59:

ZGold @ 12.12.18, 00:06*
Owners of the laptop, tell me, please, does the touchpad support tapas? Or do you have to use the left button?

It supports tapas and all gestures. Also a gesture of increasing and scrolling both on the touch screen. If necessary, I can record a video.

Posted 12/14/2018, 20:00:

mike_g @ 10.12.18, 14:50*
Laptops with 144mhz in search are easily filtered, but what about
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) display with IPS matrix (60 Hz, 300 cd / m2), or
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) standard display with IPS matrix (60 Hz, 250 cd / m2)

If we get lucky?

For the Russian market, there are only 60 hertz with a backlight of 250 nits and 144 hertz with a backlit of 300 nits.

Posted 12/14/2018 at 20:02:

Vardo @ 12/10/18, 09:56*
Question to experts, and which SSD to choose? I sit on the site of a single store and there are such selection parameters in the filter

I understand the form factor as 2280 and the presence of NVMe is mandatory, and there are still such parameters

Interface
PCI-E 3.0 x2
PCI-E 3.0 x4
PCI-E 3.1 x4

Choose PCI-E 3.0 x4 with NVMe support.

Post has been editedvipCODe - 14.12.18, 20:29

Rep: (12)
231190 @ 14.12.18, 16:34 *
Yes 60Hz. There is no inversion.

Looks quite decent, thanks!
And ThrottleStop did not try? She can, in theory, limit the maximum frequency of the processor to sit in silence during browsing.

Posted 12/14/2018 20:16:

It charges up a noisy cooler under load, but it seems to be used to it. + Sometimes it can shout for 3-4 seconds and then sit in silence. There will be questions, ask

I really wonder if it is possible to strangle him with a ThrottleStop gigahertz by 1.5 to sit quietly in silence. A pebble modern, this is enough for most tasks.

I really wonder if it is possible to strangle him with a ThrottleStop gigahertz by 1.5 to sit quietly in silence. A pebble modern, this is enough for most tasks.

I did not try, and I would not risk trying, probably)
By the way, with the ctrl + shift + 1 combination, you can cut the cooler to full capacity, convenient for cleaning them. As far as intuition tells me, it works at the expense of Lenovo Vantage.

Rep: (12)

The owner is the master.
But I do not lose hope that there will be a volunteer. Tulsa is not bad, and safe, I use it on all my laptops, Sony / HP / Compaq. But it works differently on different generations of processors, the settings are different. The same Sony on the i5 of the second or third generation is noisy like a vacuum cleaner. Smother it at 1.4Ghz, and silence. Even on the second (third) generation of core i, you can work quite comfortably in office applications or surfing.
And if you need to do the archives, on the contrary, you turn on the forced Turbo Boost and it will zasustrit on 3 Ghz.

The owner is the master.
But I do not lose hope that there will be a volunteer.

I noticed one feature, if the system does not access the HDD, then there is no noise. In my case, Steam is on the HDD, and if it is running, the cooler is periodically turned on, as described above. Now I observe, it works quietly, the coolers operate at the lowest speed, or they are switched off.

UPD. lied, after writing the post the cooler soared again for 1 second and calmed down.

Post has been editedvipCODe - 14.12.18, 22:13

Rep: (5)
* Serverside,
ServerSide @ 12/14/18, 12:11 *
Before running cinebench with undervolting, file CB15_res.txt from the last launch, rename

The second test to do from your cmd file? And why rename? What would create a new file CB15_res.txt with new results?

Rep: (9)
By the way, with the ctrl + shift + 1 combination, you can cut the cooler to full capacity, convenient for cleaning them. As far as intuition tells me, it works at the expense of Lenovo Vantage.

Lenovo Vantage has installed. Does it have any kind of graphical interface? And I installed it and it's not where there is not. Thanks for "By the way, with the ctrl + shift + 1 combination" - a useful thing.

231190 @ 15.12.18, 02:26 *
Does it have any kind of graphical interface?

There is. Located in the Start menu. Installed from the Windows Store.
Attached Image

Who often uses the network and wants to save battery capacity, useLenovo Energy Management.
In the settings, select the storage mode and the battery will hold on 60% of the battery charge.
Attached Image

Post has been editedvipCODe - 15.12.18, 10:43

Rep: (0)
* anton128355 , in the end, what did you choose? (I'm suffering too)

* Kit058,
If the characteristics are the same, look for the design, size, convenience.

* vipCODe , Today I'll take away probably g5 with i5, 1050ti ssd 128.

Posted 12/15/2018 1:41 PM:

* vipCODe , but the doubt remains)

Post has been editedKit058 - 15.12.18, 13:41
Reason for editing: Error

* Kit058,
I looked at him. As for me, it looks awful, thick frames, weighs more, 5400 rpm hard. Lenovo will be more solid. Personal opinion, I do not impose it on you :)

Hello everyone) Just yesterday, I took a laptop with i7, 1050 and 12gb ozu. The question is, where is it better to download drivers from off site lenovo, or from other sources? Has anyone filled in herehttps://legion.lenovo.com/promotions/information and got a master key? What gives this starter kit?

* fidan1990
Hi) Modification of 81FV00FJRU? How much was taken and where?

Fidan1990 @ 12/15/18, 19:05*
The question is, where is it better to download drivers from off site lenovo, or from other sources?

I first installed all the drivers through the device manager, then I installedGEFORCE® EXPERIENCEand through it installed the actual drivers on a discrete graphics card.
Then, from the Microsoft Store, installed Lenovo Vantage and through it updated the missing drivers. Everything, it was the last step. The flight is normal, there are no problems.

Fidan1990 @ 12/15/18, 19:05*
Has anyone filled in herehttps://legion.lenovo.com/promotions/information and got a master key? What gives this starter kit?

I filled out the form, after sending I received an error 404 - the page was not found. I tried 2 times and scored on it. Moreover, Russia is not there in the list of countries. Wrote to the official Lenovo Legion group on VKontakte. I look forward to hearing from them.
Attached Image

Post has been editedvipCODe - 15.12.18, 17:31

Modification 81FV0021RU. Ordered through sitilink for 67,000.

* fidan1990
I highly recommend to purchase SSD M2, insert it into a free slot near the HDD and immediately install Win10 on it.

Vardo @ 12.12.18, 18:33*
That's just the machine is quite powerful and its CO is weak, it is better to strangle slightly than to get a brick for 60k in the future)) Or is it all a fairy tale for a neznak and you can not turn off the turbo-bus and not be afraid of constant temperatures of 80-90?

The laptop has a factory warranty of 2.5 years and a service life of 4 years. + Temperatures up to 100 degrees are not terrible for the device. Consider that heating is only in stress tests, in everyday use the temperature is usually kept within the normal range. Cooling would not say that weak. I played SOTTR, the cooler worked at full capacity during the game, after quitting the game the cooler stops rotating already after 20-30 seconds. Later I will look at what happens at these moments.
Attached Image

Post has been editedvipCODe - 15.12.18, 18:18

Thanks to everyone for the answers, I’ll get a laptop on i5 and 1050 in about BT, I’ll install the SSD there, I’ll reinstall Windows and I’ll drive tests and watch the temperature.

* Vardo
The most difficult thing is waiting) What kind of SSD was it picked up?

The most difficult thing is waiting)

All the fingers are already gnawed)

What SSD picked up?

256 GB SSD M.2 Intel 760p Series [SSDPEKKW256G801]

P.S. Now ponabegut and will say: "It was necessary to take the Samsung 970 Evo")))

Post has been editedVardo - 15.12.18, 19:09

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/25/19, 09:54