Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH | [notebook]

Rep: (3)
Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH В»| Description | Buying and Accessories В»| Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH - Modification
notebook: Windows 10

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
This 15.6-inch laptop, which optimally balances performance and portability, is an ideal solution for gamers. Incredibly stylish device equipped with the latest high-performance components. Lenovo Legion Y530 has a full-size white backlit keyboard, as well as the most efficient and quiet cooling system. Thanks to this gamer can be included in the game anywhere and at any time.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Specifications
CPU

IntelВ®Core в„ў i7-8750H 8th Generation
IntelВ®Core в„ў i5-8300H 8th Generation
operating system
Windows 10 Home or
Windows 10 Pro
Display
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) display with IPS matrix (144 Hz, 300 cd / m2), or
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) display with IPS matrix (60 Hz, 300 cd / m2), or
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) standard display with IPS matrix (60 Hz, 250 cd / m2)
Video card
NVIDIAВ®GeForceВ®GTX 1050 up to 4GB
NVIDIAВ®GeForceВ®GTX 1050 Ti up to 4GB
NVIDIAВ®GeForceВ®GTX 1060 up to 6GB
Battery
52.5 Wh
Memory
32 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Storage device
PCIe solid-state drive with a capacity of 512 GB (in the maximum configuration), with the HDD or separately.
Hard disk capacity up to 2 TB, optionally with support for Intel technology
Audio system
HarmanВ® speakers with Dolby Audio в„ў technology
Ports and connectors
3 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
USB 3.1 Type-C port
Mini DisplayPort 1.4 Connector
HDMI 2.0 connector
RJ-45 Ethernet Connector
Combo audio jack
Novo Hole Connector
Communication media
Wi-Fi 2 x 2 AC + Bluetooth.4.2
Wi-Fi 1 x 1 AC + Bluetooth.5
Dimensions (H Г— W Г— D) 365 x 260 x 24.2 mm
Weight 2.3 kg
Useful information

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 24.05.19, 20:39
Reason for editing: Hidden BIOS functions

I've changed. Nothing complicated, and did not interact with the antennas. Just opened, disconnected the battery, disconnected the wifi module (two wires to it), unscrewed one screw, took out, replaced, assembled in the reverse order

Maybe I didn’t ask too clearly, but I was expecting an answer that the shadowcaster sent me in PM (thanks to him a lot):
There is no need for a plug-in cable to connect it to the jackets and a white cable.

If in Russian and in short, the black wire is attached to the MAIN, the white wire to the AUX.

Rep: (9)
Prost0_Vlad @ 04.20.19, 21:27*
The method helped BUT before restarting the laptop.
Thank you in advance

Try this (on the original drivers):
Edit with regedit
Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} \ xxxx \ PowerSettings
where xxxx is a number from 0000 and above, see DriverDesc - should be Realtek High Definition Audio
Change ConservationIdleTime to ff ff ff 00
Change PerformanceIdleTime to ff ff ff 00
where ff ff ff 00 is the time in seconds. By default, the driver sets 03 00 00 00 - 3 seconds. The value 00 00 00 00 (sleep is disabled) the driver does not support!
reload.

If more detailed - in the new Windows enabled "energy saving" mode for audio devices. More about him here:https: //docs.microsoft...y-timer-implementation
Realtek’s implementation is very bad. Disable it (in realtek) can not, you can set the sleep timer for a very long time.

Rep: (39)
Nobody noticed sticking the WIN key? sometimes it just sticks for no reason, even when I don’t click. when I start typing and there I begin to work with combinations with these keys. Maybe this is some kind of feature about which I do not know? :)

Tell me please! Those who changed the thermal pad over the PCH diode, how best to do this? Is it better for me to glue on top or would it be better instead? And how thick is the gasket? Just for the first time I come across this and I know the nuances.
With simple use (browser, YouTube), the temperature reaches 60 degrees. When I press the bottom of the case, the temperature drops to 53-52 degrees. Opened, looked and installed on the bottom cover thermal pad (about 1.5 mm thick).
During games, the temperature reaches 82 degrees.

There was such a problem. 1.5 mm between the chip and the radiator, and 1.5 mm between the case and the radiator. Heating is mainly transmitted from vidyahi as one radiator. Plus, I had a problem when I installed ssd a data, because of a marriage, it heated the south bridge. Passed under warranty. Now there is ssd samsung evo 970 plus temperature 48-49 if you work on the Internet and office applications. If the game is to play somewhere 70-74 maximum.

and the factory is not 1.5 mm worth? Or is there 1 mm only? And where exactly have you changed?

Rep: (12)
* eXc1te , it was also such, I noticed that this happens if the alt tab is from the game where the wine button is locked by the Lenovo application.

Rep: (0)
Saw here someone complained about curved loops. So they caught me. What do you think, really straighten? Or, for example, to contact this question ..

Upd: And by the way. Be careful when purchasing a version with i7 / 1060 and 512 gb SSD. I did not see, it turned out SSD is already in the SATA slot. In vain bought a hard drive)

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedTROY_RT5K - 23.04.19, 13:16

Rep: (97)
I studied the topic. As I understand it, on all (?) Y530 laptops with 8 GB of RAM, only one slot is occupied by one die, and the second slot remains free?

Rep: (1)
* Denis1121 looks like

* Denis1121 , and there is.

EXC1te @ 04/23/19, 11:34*
and the factory is not 1.5 mm worth? Or is there 1 mm only? And where exactly have you changed?

The plant costs 1.5 between the radiator and the chip (thicker, the radiator is bent, less is not pressed ONLY 1.5 mm), but between the radiator and the case of 1 mm - the plant, put 1.5 mm. Put 2mm thick, there is a small bump on the bottom of the body.
Ordered here
https: //www.aliexpress....311.0.0.331333edmPfuXU
But go long. Quality is acceptable, stretch well. This seller also took 1mm, 2mm, 0.5mm

Changed only on the south bridge (PCH DIODE) and put the gasket on ssd 1.5 mm thick. The rest did not touch. They do not warm up so much.

Post has been edited231190 - 23.04.19, 17:30

Changed today Wi-Fi onIntel 9260NGWand added 8GB of RAMCrucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM.

We disassemble the laptop

All perfectly. The flight is normal.

Igor_RKTS @ 04/23/19, 17:07*
Today I changed Wi-Fi to Intel 9260NGW and added 8GB Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM RAM.

I'm also waiting for the other day Intel 9260 with Ali. Tired of this realtek. Throw them in their faces for a stand-up with a WIFI module.

Igor_RKTS @ 04/23/19, 17:07*
Changed Wi-Fi today

The only interesting thing is that after replacing the Wi-Fi module, one more available Wi-Fi network with the name "*** _ My_5_0 2" somehow appeared. The name of my original network on the 5 GHz channel is “*** _ My_5_0”. The difference in the last digit is "2". I do not think that in the 15 minutes that I spent on the replacement, some schoolboy decided to play around with the substitution.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (28)
* Igor_RKTS,
Does memory in dual channel work? Same look at this memory.

Rep: (1)
Today I noticed a nuisance in the form of a crack moving from the loop on the back cover (
I could not knock by chance. Is it possible that this is due to tight loops of the laptop?
The only other option is that when you put a laptop in your bag, you can pass it with your finger, but some kind of flimsy case turns out ..
The service center is surely deployed with fur damage.

So here is the replacement question, I found such a detail on ebay. I did not understand the original. Are there any replicas for such details?
And where is the best part to order, can someone tell me?

Attached images
Attached Image

_Vinch_ @ 04/23/19, 19:01*
Does memory in dual channel work?

Yes.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (0)
Hello everyone, I ordered myself such a laptop, a grade of i5 and 1060. Tomorrow will come. Tell me what to look for when viewed? Vind will not.

Rep: (4)
* vengr by at home you can make out. In any decent store, you can return the product within 14 days.
Someone writes about the display screws, someone about the display itself ...
In my case, everything was fine, the build quality at altitude.

Rep: (4)
A quick guide to correct*installing Windows 10 and drivers on this laptop.
  1. Download Windows from the off site Microsoft (Link)
  2. Install Windows 10 (Read more)
  3. After setting up and running the OS, install Lenovo Vantage (Link)
  4. There in the update menu, install all the drivers for our laptop.
  5. ?????
  6. PROFIT!

*Less hemorrhoid and the most correct installation method according to the author, IMHO.

Post has been editedRandmaRU - 23.04.19, 22:44

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 10:59