Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH | [notebook]

Rep: (3)
Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH В»| Description | Buying and Accessories В»| Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH - Modification
notebook: Windows 10

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
This 15.6-inch laptop, which optimally balances performance and portability, is an ideal solution for gamers. Incredibly stylish device equipped with the latest high-performance components. Lenovo Legion Y530 has a full-size white backlit keyboard, as well as the most efficient and quiet cooling system. Thanks to this gamer can be included in the game anywhere and at any time.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Specifications
CPU

IntelВ®Core в„ў i7-8750H 8th Generation
IntelВ®Core в„ў i5-8300H 8th Generation
operating system
Windows 10 Home or
Windows 10 Pro
Display
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) display with IPS matrix (144 Hz, 300 cd / m2), or
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) display with IPS matrix (60 Hz, 300 cd / m2), or
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) standard display with IPS matrix (60 Hz, 250 cd / m2)
Video card
NVIDIAВ®GeForceВ®GTX 1050 up to 4GB
NVIDIAВ®GeForceВ®GTX 1050 Ti up to 4GB
NVIDIAВ®GeForceВ®GTX 1060 up to 6GB
Battery
52.5 Wh
Memory
32 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Storage device
PCIe solid-state drive with a capacity of 512 GB (in the maximum configuration), with the HDD or separately.
Hard disk capacity up to 2 TB, optionally with support for Intel technology
Audio system
HarmanВ® speakers with Dolby Audio в„ў technology
Ports and connectors
3 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
USB 3.1 Type-C port
Mini DisplayPort 1.4 Connector
HDMI 2.0 connector
RJ-45 Ethernet Connector
Combo audio jack
Novo Hole Connector
Communication media
Wi-Fi 2 x 2 AC + Bluetooth.4.2
Wi-Fi 1 x 1 AC + Bluetooth.5
Dimensions (H Г— W Г— D) 365 x 260 x 24.2 mm
Weight 2.3 kg
Useful information

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 15.07.19, 23:40
Reason for editing: Limiting the frequency of the processor using standard system tools

Rep: (212)
* disa2908
If you do not play modern AAA games at medium-high settings and you are doing exactly the same things as your girlfriend and she is quite happy, then change. I do not think that in the near future something will change.

Post has been editedDinD_Ykt - 18.03.19, 00:08

Rep: (43)
* disa2908
And today, once again, the dsdt registers looked and saw what had eluded before ...
Swinghttps://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases/tag/1.6-beta2
There in the delivery of ec-probe.exe
It is necessary to first perform the "ec-probe.exe dump"
You execute the command in the folder "ec-probe.exe write 171 0x09" - and all the fan controls will be turned off, at what speed they worked, they will continue to
All the same can be done through the RWEverything program, but there it is wiser
Return "ec-probe.exe write 171 0x00"
The program ec-probe.exe is located in Program Files (x86) / NoteBook FanControl

RWEverything (http://rweverything.com/download/)- EC tab - A0 cell with intersection with 0B - set 00001001 (9) - turn off, all 0 - turn on
And in the cell of the intersection 00 s 06 the fan speed is displayed - 27 (sort of) - at the maximum ...

P.S. Today, it is too lazy to reboot, if it is not difficult to check the max revolutions are activated after disabling the automatic control ...

P.S.S In Linux, you first need to reload the ec_sys kernel module
sudo modprobe -r ec_sys
sudo modprobe ec_sys write_support = 1

Actually writing values ​​to the register
echo -n -e "\ x09" | sudo dd of = "/ sys / kernel / debug / ec / ec0 / io" bs = 1 seek = 171 count = 1 conv = notrunc 2>/ dev / null
And enable write 0
echo -n -e "\ x00" | sudo dd of "/ sys / kernel / debug / ec / ec0 / io" bs = 1 seek = 171 count = 1 conv = notrunc 2>/ dev / null

Post has been editedZK1983 - 18.03.19, 02:23

Rep: (22)
* ZK1983,
Cooler speed lock works! Thanks, I think saved me from returning a laptop

Do everything at your own peril and risk! I am only describing my experience. Be sure to keep track of the temperatures! And in case of use it is better to lower the maximum state of the processor.
For Windows, I will describe the instructions for absolutely dummies, like me:
first put + in karmaZK1983
then swing ithttps://github.com/hir...ol.1.6-beta2.setup.exe
Install C: \ Program Files (x86) \ NoteBook FanControl
create a new text file in the folder C: \ Program Files (x86) \ NoteBook FanControl, write to it:
cd C: \ Program Files (x86) \ NoteBook FanControl
ec-probe.exe write 171 0x09

and save with the extension change to stop_fan.bat
create a second text document in the same folder, write to it:
cd C: \ Program Files (x86) \ NoteBook FanControl
ec-probe.exe write 171 0x00

and save with the extension extension on auto_fan.bat

then send 2 of these files shortcuts to the desktop. click on each Properties label - in addition - launch as administrator - check the box
Congratulations! Now, by clicking the stop_fan.bat label, you fix the coolers value at the moment you click, and by clicking the auto_fan.bat shortcut, you turn on the coolers by default.
Please note that after a reboot, your selection is saved.
It remains to somehow fasten it to the temperature or wait ifZK1983will make a good auto mode.

ps If when you run the bat file, it appears that “it is impossible to start this application”, then open the Windows Defender Security Center - “Application and Browser Management” and disable everything there and / or add 2 of these files to the antivirus exceptions and reboot.

Post has been editeddisa2908 - 30.03.19, 00:10

As protection against overheating, Core Temp works quite well for me:
Attached Image

Rep: (124)
ZK1983 @ 03/18/19, 0:16*
And in the cell of the intersection 00 s 06 the fan speed is displayed - 27 (sort of) - at the maximum ...

Elegant, it remains only in the same nbcf to make a custom table of temperatures and fan speeds. If you write in the same cell, it should be applied.

* vladpisarev , attempts to write to register 6 lead to nothing. In linuses, he simply does not write there, but in the form he allegedly writes, but there was no point ...
I really did not check on Windows after writing to 171 ...

The temperature is displayed in the register 0x56 (need to check)

Post has been editedZK1983 - 18.03.19, 13:00

Rep: (202)
You can request immediately on the day of delivery under warranty
It is not possible, but necessary. necessarily if you want the service to act quickly and in your favor. BUT, only after you receive a receipt for the delivery of "REPAIR", not on the "DIAGNOSTICS". There is no such procedure for ZOZPP. There is a quality check.

Similar parameters - very fat minus in ZOZPP,

There is no minus. The requirement of substitution is made for a product with the same basic consumer properties. What is basic and what is not, is decided by the buyer (freedom of will under the constitution of the Russian Federation, which is automatically projected as the right of choice, people do not know how to think in a complex way, this is their problem). Stupidly rewrite the parameters of your laptop, including the IPS matrix model (to hammer nails completely). It must be remembered that a person will not be able to restore his copy of the working Windows, if the iron does not correspond exactly (with the exception of the maximum possible amount of memory and disks, this is insignificant). Even without activation. And this is all easily provable. And this is a powerful argument for the court, in which case. In your favor. The law is built in the latest edition, which allows the buyer to compromise with the seller, if he is satisfied with it. But does not oblige. Those. expanded the field for compromises on both sides. But the buyer can always choose the hardest option, as before.

In the warranty repair due to the fact that there are traces of the autopsy, ask for the examination at the expense of the seller by writing a claim.
This is nonsense, already 100 times described how to act. First, a quality check, an act of checking, whether there are defects in the product or not, according to Article 474 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, and then repairs. No 45 days and there can not be. Repair is made IMMEDIATELY, in the framework of the definition of this term in ZOZPP, read. Cross out in the receipt for the ASC / seller 45 days or any other term and period. They can’t do anything about it and refuse you too. Go to the pre-trial examination by the seller for the most part nonsense. Pending experts are not subject to criminal liability for perjury. The examination should be carried out in court and go there as soon as the seller stood in a pose. Anyway, nothing will come out without a court, but the principled approach and rigidity, the seller’s understanding that the buyer will go to the end, often leads in practice to the fact that Lawyers decide the reasonableness of the judicial perspective, and not idiots at the acceptance in the SC or in the sales area.

Rep: (5)
I noticed that venilators start to accelerate, after about 10 seconds, after 100% load on the CPU.
On the CPU, the 84C temperature lasts 10 seconds, and the fan is still silent. I have disabled Turbo boost Short, CPU4 = 3700hMhz, undervolt = -100
If according to dislolot, the temperature reaches 94C.

And yet, the speed starts to fall, after about 7 seconds after the CPU stress test stops.
I think this is the problem.
1. Percentage income to a high temperature is always under load. If you turn on the cooler earlier, after 10 seconds, it would not be heated in office tasks.
2. Late shutdown. The proc has already cooled down to 55C as 7 seconds, and the cooler is just starting to decrease speed. Why keep them if the CPU is cold?

What we have:
Under load, the cpu warms up to 84C and 10s is not cooled. Then the cooler turns on and sees these 84C, accelerates to almost the maximum.
But then the load is gone, the percent is cold, and the fan turns, at almost the maximum, for another 7 seconds and then another 3-5 seconds stops.

Maybe someone met the setting of the delay of the start / stop of the cooler.

P.S.: maximum fan speed is enabled using CTRL + SHIT + 1
In rewrite ->EC per cell 00x06 = 25
It seems that this is the maximum value.

On the skin are the tools:
Attached Image

Post has been editedIvaen - 18.03.19, 13:44

* Ivaen,
I have seen both 26 and 27 sometimes, but yes, on average, up to 25 in cell 06

Listen, can not you check after writing to the cell AB values ​​9 (00001001) CTRL + SHIFT + 1 works?

Post has been editedZK1983 - 18.03.19, 13:52

ZK1983 @ 03/18/19, 2:52 PM*
Listen, can not you check after writing to the cell AB values ​​9 (00001001) CTRL + SHIFT + 1 works?

After writing to the cell AB the value 9 (00001001) CTRL + SHIFT + 1NOT works

* Ivaen,
THX
P.S. Do not forget to return there 0 ...

ZK1983 @ 03/18/19, 15:04*
P.S. Do not forget to return there 0 ...

Thank.
Returned, CTRL + SHIFT + 1 is working, with a load on the CPU, the fan spins up.

Rep: (0)
People, advise where cheaper to find lenovo y530. There are no discounts on the city club card and there are no discounts, there is an installment plan in the mvideo, but it’s too expensive, they ask for 80k for 81FV000VRU. I am looking for 1050ti and 144Hz and i7 (laptop for work, occasionally play)

Post has been editedNapropanole - 18.03.19, 16:23

Hello, such a question, who tried how it works and renders images 3ds max + corona. And when working with Korela / arikad / photoshop I hope there are no problems?

* Napropanole,
look my post
Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH

Post has been editeddisa2908 - 18.03.19, 17:59

Napropanole @ 03/18/19 16:20*
There is no discount card on the city club card, there is an installment plan in the mvideo, but it’s too expensive
The map is full. But there are now almost no discounts. Installment is a great topic, if 0-0-24, and only -36 and even more so, without conditions. And if they give. Immediately from -16 to 24% of the price.

Not quite understood from "16 to 24%." From early repayment installments?

Napropanole @ 03/18/19, 18:07*
From early repayment installments?
How else?
Trick of the topic - if you do this all the time, you can get blacklisted by all banks at once. No one is too smart.

Rep: (8)
Napropanole @ 03/18/2019, 16:20*
People, advise where cheaper to find lenovo y530. There are no discounts on the city club card and there are no discounts, there is an installment plan in the mvideo, but it’s too expensive, they ask for 80k for 81FV000VRU. I am looking for 1050ti and 144Hz and i7 (laptop for work, occasionally play)

In dns 10% of bonuses for which in 14 days you can take ssd or RAM. But the action is not in all cities.

Post has been editedmatvey. - 18.03.19, 18:18

matvey. @ 03/18/19 18:18*
In dns 10% of bonuses that after 14 days, you can take ssd or RAM. But the action is not in all cities.

Better installment if possible -16% minimum

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/17/19 21:24