Choosing a replacement ZUK Z2 | Gentlemen, I propose here to discuss smartphones to replace the ZUK Z2.

Rep: (38)
Choosing a replacement ZUK Z2

Comrades, I propose here to discuss on the topic of replacementZUK Z2.

Budgets:
We will take variousbudgets.I propose to highlight smartphones in such groups:
  1. Up to 15 thousand rubles (if absolutely no money, take a normal smartphone to replace the ZUK Z2);
  2. Up to 20 thousand rubles (the same or slightly different processor power and higher, the camera and other parameters should be better);
  3. Up to 25 thousand rubles (all better (some reservations are permissible) than with a budget of 20 thousand);
  4. Up to 30 thousand rubles (everything is definitely better);
  5. Up to 35 thousand (complete dominance over ZUK Z2);
  6. More expensive 35 thousand rubles (see last item).

What do we want?
What do we really need?
  1. A camera (meaning both photo and video capabilities; necessarily a good one (which means better than the ZUK Z2) sound when recording video);
  2. Performance (games are everyone’s business, but the overall performance needs to be discussed);
  3. Full LTE support in our countries (this is due to the lack of Band 20 in some Chinese devices);
  4. Good autonomy (my device keeps 5 hours of screen activity, a maximum of 5.5; I believe that 4.5-5 hours is already tolerable, but more is needed);
  5. Availability of USB Type-C;
  6. Large amount of memory (32 gigabytes with a card or 64 is a vital minimum).

What we want?
What we want, but not necessarily have to have?
  1. NFC;
  2. 2 Sim + memory card at the same time(without collective farm);
  3. A practical case (not glass) (desirable, but there are people who like glass);
  4. Stereo (well, this is definitely from the category "I would like to, but it is not vital");
  5. VoLTE (in our patient, as far as I remember, he does not have it);
  6. Camera Supplement: 60FPS(I think that at a price of 28+ thousand, presence in the apparatus is mandatory).

Look like that's it.

Considered devices:
In bold devices will be highlighted, which should be paid attention (in the opinion of the author) in the first place.

1. OnePlus 6 (T) (a simple sound on a video is not a cake) (in comparison with the same Pocophone F1), in T the limit on shooting at 4K @ 60 in 5 minutes is IMHO, there is nothing to watch, because there are more inexpensive Xiaomi , as well as Asus Zenfone 5z)
  2. Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (smart fit for photos and video (+ sound), and in other aspects is the best choice (unless NFC is absent) )
  3. Sony Xperia XZ1 (Compact) (complain about the camera, and generally scare horror stories, sodefinitely recommendI will not buy it, but the video and autonomy are praised; now not much worse than XZ2; hit the list becausetasty priceand matching many criteria, like Nokia 8)
  4. Asus zenfone 5z (a very decent machine - if you have a little money, then you should get it instead of the similar Xiaomi)
  5. Google Pixel 2 (XL is also possible if the option is good; not nearly as perfect as it seems at first glance)
  6. OnePlus 5 (T) (you can find good options on the used)
  7. Samsung Galaxy S8 (video shoots well, but otherwise it’s nothing, and Exynos is extremely sad)
  8. Samsung Galaxy S9 (I don’t see much difference from the eighth - new chips, and that's it)
  9. HTC U11 (the whole line, including plain , Plus and EYEs (the latter is quite controversial, but because of the camera, you can consider);Plus I do not recommend to consider because of the dim screen)
  10. Sony Xperia XZ2 (Compact) (nothing particularly remarkable; meeting a sufficient number of criteria is why here)
  11. Moto Z Force, Xiaomi Mi5S, OnePlus 3 (T), ZUK Z2, Samsung Galaxy S7 and the rest of the old flagships (analog ZUK Z2 in case of breakdown; in 2018-2019, I consider it not a good idea to replace the worker ZUK; red price - 12 thousand rubles from any site;for 2020 it is worth forgetting about their purchase - they become obsolete, interesting options appear on the newer hardware on the used equipment )
  12. Google Pixel 3 (needs no introduction - if you have money, you can take it)
  13. Nokia 8 (controversially in general (especially on the camera), as there is an XZ1, but it is also cheaper; but judging byowner statements, the device after the upgrade began to shoot better, because of which it can be considered; 60FPS is not and hardly will appear; got here due to the same reasons as XZ1)
  14. Huawei P20 Pro (as a whole - a great smartphone, but the video and a little software pumped up)
  15. Moto Z2 Force
  16. Lenovo Z5 GT (the successor of our device in the company)
  17. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (according to the information I collected, this "The Pocophone We Deserve" (provided that the price difference with it is small (no more than 9-10 thousand rubles) - without a monobrow, with NFC, but with a smaller battery (in reality, an hour less screen activity), in glass, as well as at MIUI, the rest is almost completely similar; I see in it a new ideal option for my money - tested by personal experience )
  18. Meizu 16th (no 60FPS, as I understood; it catches the scanner in the screen)
  19. Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 (to the slider mechanism there are questions (by Rozetked))
  20. Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (if there is no money for Poco, or a huge phablet is needed - it is worth it, but if the price is more than 18 thousand rubles, a deletion arises, since Poco is 2,000 more expensive, and then you need to set priorities for yourself)
  21. Xiaomi Mi 8 (60FPS video; in many things more stable than Mi Mix 2S)
  22. Xiaomi Mi A2 (not bad if you need higher performance and a smaller screen than Mi Max 3)
  23. Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite / Redmi Note 6 Pro(maybe Mi A1)(not bad, if it costs less than 15 thousand; trump card - autonomy)
  24. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Mi Max 3, only smaller and without USB Type-C)
  25. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (very good, only there is no USB Type-C)
  26. Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (just a good device; it will be a good choice for those who do not like new trends with screens - here are standard 5.5 "in 16: 9 with FullHD resolution; we sew on globalku and that's it)
  27. iPhone 7 (Plus) (up to 25 thousand for 128GB)
  28. iPhone 8 (Plus) (for shooting video - an excellent device)
  29. iPhone XR (I wouldn’t recommend it, since I’m not an amateur one)
  30. iPhone X (it was too expensive at the start, now the situation is better, but I would have thought anyway)
  31. iPhone Xs (I’m not vigorously recommending the new one, because it’s expensive, too much; you can think of an adequate price for used equipment)
  32. iPhone SE (6S Plus) (the camera is quite nestydnaya, only the sound on the video is mono (perhaps there is no sense of volume), there is enough performance,but the OS imposes the restrictions;among ultracompact - must-have, since there will be no more of them, coming along the diagonal is the "Compact" line from Sony; smartphone is gradually becoming outdated - it is worth thinking about the advisability of buying )
  33. HTC U12 (Plus - a flagship as a flagship, but life should already be looked more carefully - no more than 20)
  34. Google Pixel (preferably XL) (I don’t consider a good choice, but up to 15 thousand, like a camera phone and an analogue of ZUK Z2 for iron, not bad; I put it on a par with the iPhone SE (and 6S), and if there is a choice of them for used) - Pixel, no options)
  35. Samsung Galaxy Note (any device that is relevant at the time of viewing the topic) (It has no analogues - the only series of smartphones with stylus; Snapdragon only! )
  36. LG G7
  37. Asus zenfone 5 (fell in price, in terms of the camera is good)
  38. Oneplus 7 (good machine in all respects, worth the money)
  39. Oneplus 7 pro (if you have money, you should definitely take it; a very, very interesting device)
  40. Xiaomi Mi 9 / Redmi K20 Pro (they don’t stand out for anything; compared to Mi 8, they removed the optical stabilization and improved everything else; if you choose between Mi 8 and Mi 9, then you should think about whether you need chips from the new device)
  41. Samsung Galaxy S10e (no more than an interesting device;Now you can take a relatively small price. )
  42. Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
  43. Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
  44. Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
  45. Xiaomi Mi A3 (it will be necessary to watch what it is, for it just came out)
  46. Lenovo Z6 Pro (see if it is better than Xiaomi for the same money)
  47. Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (Pro) (not bad and inexpensive; if you don’t have enough money, no more,although in this case it is better to take Mi Note 3
  48. Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (before buying it is worth thinking very well, all of a sudden there are better options)
  49. Huawei P30 Pro
  50. Huawei Mate 20 (Pro)
  51. Huawei P30.

Waiting for your options.

Useful information:

Polls
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

iphonecan discuss but Android has a higher priority. Therefore, the iPhone will be considered solely as alternatives .

Officially, the curator in the subject is missing. The theme is followed by its creator.

Post has been editedJerjay - Yesterday, 16:49
Reason for editing: New flagships and more.

Rep: (171)
Pokofon, or something from the new line of Lenovo (K5 Pro / Z5 / S5 Pro / Z5 Pro).
All but the Z5 Pro have a Band 20.

Post has been editedEiswolf - 13.11.18, 19:46

* Eiswolf But what about the camera?

* Jerjay
In Pocofon, it can be a little better than in Redmi Note 5. The Z5 with the camera is sad, I don’t know about the others, they just came out recently.

* Eiswolf I will accept. I myself consider Poco, but there is a moment.

Personally, I would like to see in the future smartphone shooting video in 1080p (at least) with a frame rate of 60FPS.

I also personally consider such options:
  1. Xiaomi Mi A1 (32GB, 13 thousand in MegaFon);
  2. Sony Xperia XA1 (idle and Plus, varies from 16 to 19 thousand);
  3. Xperia XZ1 (30 for large and 27 for Compact);
  4. Xiaomi Mi A2 (prices did not look).

It seems to remember everything.
How are they?

* Jerjay
I don’t know, but personally I wouldn’t take 1, 2 and 4: A1 is outdated + the camera will not please there, after X2 ZA will seem completely weak and not autonomous, A2 has problems with components + the sound in the video is bad. Perhaps Xiaomi has already fixed this. They write about XZ1 that he doesn’t photograph very well with his hands, you have to adjust them manually, then it will be very good.
Asus Zenfone 5 look, it can FullHD up to 120 frames to record.

* Eiswolf, accepted!
According to the reviews, Poco is also able to write FullHD 120FPS, only about 60 "he did not hear" (citation ferumm.com).
Here it is already interesting. Is it possible to shoot video in 120 frames and, if necessary, just speed it up 2 times?
Eiswolf @ 11/13/18, 10:09 PM*
They write about XZ1 that he doesn’t photograph very well with his hands, you have to adjust them manually, then it will be very good.
It can be learned. Plus, the camera normally writes video, and 60FPS is by default, and slow. Plus, for the XZ1, there are still some chips that other devices do not have.
If Poco - touches the price (but only Sonya is constantly falling, so there is not to say that objectively) and performance for it.

Here I do not know, is not strong in the intricacies of shooting a video. For example, the main thing for me is that 4K is clear and the color does not twitch (as in the Nokia 7 Plus for the same ferrum).
Profile branch to help you.

* Eiswolf , something like this: Discussion camera Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (Post Cardinal26 # 79012321)

* Eiswolf , read about OnePlus 6. I looked at Ali - 128GB is worth thousands (and) 32-35. I think the price is delicious, given the characteristics:
  • There is NFC;
  • Snapdragon 845;
  • The camera is good (there is a 4K 60FPS survey, you can put GCam);
  • There are interesting features (Oxygen OS, Dash Charge, fast finger scanner and face unlock);
  • Overall performance at a high level;
  • There are no problems with flashing to the European - you can cope in 5-10 minutes;
  • On the networks, the Chinese version should fit.

Post has been editedJerjay - 14.11.18, 13:50

Rep: (18)
* Jerjay the most interesting thing is that I have 2 phones, an iPhone 7 and a sound Z2 and at the moment I think between iPhone 7 plus (give iPhone one last chance) and OP6, on camera, charging and speed OP6 of course merges iPhone!)

Post has been editedDarknet123 - 14.11.18, 19:52

* Darknet123 Thank you for the comparison!

Here is the topic of comparison cameras XZ1 and Poco F1:Camera talk Sony Xperia XZ Premium / XZ1 / XZ1 Dual / XZ1 Compact (Post stormboX # 79041848)

* Jerjay Here Zuk Z2 I always liked its compactness. But 1 + 6 shovel. ;-)

* Eiswolf I agree. Similar feelings caused ZUK when choosing between it and, for example, OnePlus 3.
But now you have to sacrifice something. And by themselves, I still like the OnePlus devices. I believe that you can sacrifice compactness for the sake of good software and camera, especially since there are not so many alternatives.

From the category of "Keep up to date."

Autonomy ZUK Z2:
Examples 1:
It is worth DotOS 2.2. Any gorging chips (Wi-Fi, mobile Internet, geolocation) include only by need. Auto brightness constantly. Throttling threshold raised with a patch (who knows, he will understand).
Normal daily use (without games and movies via MX Player):
It used the mobile Internet and Wi-Fi. Also in the morning the alarm went off.
With more efficient use, you can actually pull out and more, and not like in this example (only 23 hours).
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

PS: Equal long space on the chart - night.
The power saving mode is not used. As soon as it turned on, it was immediately turned off.

Measurement 2:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Daily use with active (but not exactly) viewing of files in MX Player
Again, a long stretch with a low charge rate - night and morning.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

PS: I already understood that these results do not quite fit the title - films were not very actively watched. But all the same, let there be a result, only we will already count it asmy daily use .

Discharge in SAMP (GTA San Andreas):
For an hour I was discharged by 32% (more than an hour I could not stand it):
Attached Image
Attached Image

Profile topic.

Post has been editedJerjay - 17.02.19, 12:11
Reason for editing: Reissued. Measurements on different software are divided by spoilers.

Rep: (18)
Thank you, it is very important for everyone to know how much such killer flagships like Zuk Z2 are holding, and I think this is an underestimated topic, because other smartphones should be compared with this best-selling model, truly popular phone, top sales. Special thanks for the links to the profile branch, people really need to refresh the information about the phone which they didn’t have.

* Jerjay
I studied the XZ1 Compact in more detail (I wanted it myself, I will take it if the shovel is not satisfied). Of the latest Sony flagships (over 3 years), this one is the best in terms of autonomy. The point, of course, is in low resolution. You can squeeze up to 10 hours of screen if played with Stamina, but usually it is 5-6 hours of screen.
The camera takes bad pictures for the flagship, many soaps, noises appear at night. But if you do not look under a magnifying glass - it is quite suitable. But the video records cool, I personally liked it.
And so small, powerful, there is everything you need.

* Eiswolf But what is it compared to OP6 in these parameters?
We take into account that the price for OP6 is slowly falling to the level of XZ1. And there and close to the Compact.

Post has been editedJerjay - 25.11.18, 17:46

* Jerjay
I was not impressed with the pictures from 1 + 6 either, but this is solved by Gcam, but Sony doesn’t really correct the situation. Video is parity, but Sony has better stabilization (even if it is not optical).
I would have OnePlus, of course I would take (even 5 or 5T), if not for glass and AMOLED. And the memory does not expand.

Eiswolf @ 11/25/18, 19:54*
if not for the glass
Is it in the back? So there is a version of Midnight Black.

Eiswolf @ 11/25/18, 19:54*
I was not impressed with the pictures from 1 + 6 either, but this is solved by Gcam, but Sony doesn’t really correct the situation. Video is parity, but Sony has better stabilization (even if it is not optical).
As they explained to me in their (OnePlus 6) topic, it’s worth taking pictures on GCam, making videos on the official app.
I also looked at their photos - for some reason, the photos from the official application seemed even better. But maybe it was before the release of Pixel 3 - maybe everything has already changed.
We also take into account that the OP6 can shoot 4K 60FPS (in this mode, and only in it, optical stabilization works; in the others it is digital), but there was some kind of problem. I don’t remember exactly which one (with stabilization, or with the quality of the video itself).

Post has been editedJerjay - 25.11.18, 18:02

* Jerjay
There is also glass, albeit frosted.
Stabilization is not very, if you look at examples on Youtube.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/14/19, 07:32