ASUS TUF Gaming FX705GM-EV020T | [notebook]

Rep: (0)
FX705GM-EV020T - Discussion
Windows 10 | 17.3 "| Intel Core i7 8750H | GTX 1060 | 16GB | Gaming
Windows 10 пїЅ

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
The ASUS ROG notebook line is one of the best in today's market. The loud slogan “Choice of Champions” is not just another marketing device, but a real situation. And all because the company representatives are actively cooperating with professional gamers and know firsthand about what should be a good-quality gaming unit.
This model is immediately conspicuous due to its brutal design and chrome body.
The hardware stuffing includes an Intel Core i7-8750H processor, 16 GB of fast DDR4 RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card. Such stuffing can easily handle modern games and allow them to run on infusions of at least average, while giving a decent figure of fps.
A 17.3-inch IPS-screen with anti-reflective coating guarantees the high quality of the picture.
Data storage is reserved for a 1 GB hard drive and a 256 GB SSD disk. To reduce download time, we recommend installing all the most priority applications on the latter.
Asus FX705GM-EV020T is also equipped with a USB 3.1 connector - therefore, it will allow you to work with a large number of external drives, and even at high speed.
Specifications

CPU

Processor Name: IntelВ® Core в„ў i7 8750H (Coffee Lake, 9 MB L3 Cache)

Frequency: 2.20 GHz

Six-core / twelve-thread
Turbo Boost Technology Support (Increase CPU Frequency to 4.1 GHz)
IntelВ® UHD Graphics 630 Embedded Graphics Core

Screen

Display diagonal: 17.3 "

Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)

Matrix Type: IPS

Screen Coverage Matte Touch Screen None Keyboard Backlighting Yes Intel HM370 Chipset RAM

Installed RAM: 16 GB

RAM Type: DDR4

Maximum RAM: 32 GBPermanent Memory

Memory capacity: 1000 Gb + 256 GB SSD

HDD + SSD

Interface: SATA

Video card

Discrete and integrated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB

Optical drives missing
Audio subsystem 2 W stereo speakers and microphone array

DTS Headphone:
X 10/100/1000 Mbit / s Wi-Fi Network Card Wi-Fi Support (b / g / n / ac)

Bluetooth
Bluetooth support: version 5.0
There is a webcam
Power 4-cell battery 64 Wh
Battery life
Not stated

Software

Licensed Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Bit depth of 64-bit operating system

Colour

The black

Connectors

VGA - None

USB 2.0

USB 3.1

RJ-45 connector

HDMI

Package Type Retail

Contents of delivery:
Laptop, power supply, documentation
Dimensions (L x W x H) 399.8 mm x 279.4 mm x 27.6 mm
Weight2.6 kg
Package dimensions 320 x 500 x 100 mm
Shipping weight 3.5 kg
Reviews
Useful

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 25.08.19, 02:54
Reason for editing: Undervolting and overclocking of RAM in hidden Bios settings (for Intel CPU)

the site has already been changed to the fact that it is with a one-color clave, by the way. It has 1 m2 connector and 1 SATA connector, is it SATA III or SATA II?

Post has been editedLansel9 - 12.04.19, 02:14

Rep: (1)
SATA III
By the way, if you take the German version, can the Y and Z keys be physically swapped?
Does the FX705 keyboard allow key replacement?

Post has been editedmoe99 - 12.04.19, 10:47

* moe99 , for that matter, there are much more differences than just y z, there are also ü ö ä, and I won’t say how many, but a couple of buttons (and a lot of punctuation marks) others + a cropped cipher that shares space with<>. So, get ready either to replace the keyboard (in the ASC they called me a figure from 5.5+ keyboards are not in Moscow time and the order from Taiwan is about 3 months) or stickers. Today I’m getting it myself and I’ll be thinking what to do

I took this laptop for myself, everything is happy, but there are questions:

- When working on battery power (when less than 20%), it works with suspensions (for example, it lags on YouTube, friezes appear), as if performance drops. I looked in the power supply circuit - the minimum state of the processor from the battery is 5%,
I did not find anything related to this in the BIOS ..

- At first, I upset the sound, but after installing the dts driver, the bass and volume increased, but the right speaker plays more powerful than the left (with the right balance).

Interestingly, everyone has it?
Share your experience, plz

And yet - can I install the second ssd here?
Can I replace the battery with a more capacious one?

Rep: (3)
How and what to score in bios values? so as not to use the utility "Intel (R) Extreme Tuning Utility" and then this bastard then it works or not.
Or do -0.155v on the processor and cache. If you need to lay out the bios, the current than to drain it.
For fucking he bastard with his trolling with default values.
Help the brothers;)

Post has been editedVictorK - 18.04.19, 05:11

The laptop heats up in the Metro, the outcome is ultra and at high settings 95-99 C. I tried the undervolting did not help. the only thing that helped was turning off TurboBoost. The frequency dropped from 3.8 / 3.9 to 2.09 hertz. Vobschem laptop powerful but to sense? Cooling is just awful. For the money, this is the first ever govnobuk that I had. And yes, the most important thing is that temperatures fell by about 20-25 C. Somewhere within 71-75 C. under load.

Posted on 04/24/2019, 09:29:

By the way, the laptop took on 04/19/2019 ASUS TUF Gaming FX705GM-EV019T.

Rep: (2)
* Andry-666 , on the right side (near the kerniston lock) of the laptop there are slots for the cooling system. If not, then you have a version with cut cooling.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedYura344 - 24.04.19, 14:54

Rep: (9)
Turbo boost does not need to be turned off, it is enough to limit the frequency to 3400 and you will be happy :)

Earthwalker, but tell me please, because I'm not a pro in this matter

Posted on 04/24/2019, 20:06:

Yura344, there are slots and the radiator is standing. He opened it.

* Andry-666,
powercfg -setacvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT 54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00 75b0ae3f-bce0-45a7-8c89-c9611c25e100 3400

Earthwalker, and what should I do about it?

* Andry-666,
run on the command line of course: yes2:

If I understand correctly, then insert in the search bar?

I did not understand how to do this. I copied to the command line and what's next.

* Andry-666,
Your questions make me cry: girl_cray: Type “command line” in the search, a black window will appear, insert a line there and press ENTER. In the task manager, then look at max. frequencies worked or not

Earthwalker, thank you very much. I threw the frequency to 3.29 gigahertz. It began to bask under a load of 87-89 degrees, video 81 C. And you can still throw off the frequency well, for example, not 3400 but 3200 or 3100 megahertz or not. If so, tell me how? And once again, a huge thank you very much helped out: thank_you:

* Andry-666,
You can change the number at the end from 3400 to what you need. This is the frequency in megahertz. If you fold even more, then there may already be drawdowns of the FPS in games. Temperatures up to 90 degrees are the norm, but if it is higher it is not very good.

Earthwalker, thanks understood everything. And by the way, I stopped eating the battery under load after all the manipulations

* ciemna

Hello, tell me, I have exactly the same problem, the BIOS does not see ssd, in addition, the boot section where you can choose the boot priority, as it is inactive (lights up gray), so the system does not boot at all, it goes directly to the BIOS. How did you manage? Reinstalling the bios gave you the ability to work boot?

Posted on 04/30/2019, 19:18:

Ciemna @ 12/10/18, 12:40*
Yesterday, I accidentally reset the BIOS settings to default, after that I can’t load Windows from ssd. After starting, it immediately throws it into the BIOS. There are no media in the boot menu.
Boot menu:
пїЅ#пїЅ

Secure boot control
пїЅ#пїЅ

Boot option priorites
пїЅ#пїЅ

Maybe someone knows how to fix this problem?

Initially, the laptop was bought without an operating system.

Post has been edited123nastia123 - 30.04.19, 19:18

Ushi Tuta @ 10.12.18, 13:55*
ciemna, reinstall BIOS. It should work.

* Ushi Tuta,

Hello, tell me, please. My problem is exactly the same as that of a person (message 17), the bios looks exactly the same. The fact is that the Boot partition is not active (lit in gray), where it is possible to put the boot priority, thereby I can not install the OS from the USB flash drive. He sees the flash drive itself. Before that, it turned out that this function was active, but then there was a problem, I didn’t see hdd, climbed into the BIOS again to deal with hdd, and after that the boot section is not active, the system does not start at all, it goes directly to the BIOS. Resetting BIOS settings does not help (it seems that nothing changes at all from resetting). You said to reinstall the BIOS, did you mean to install a new BIOS of a newer version, maybe I have version 301, now it's impossible to download it, maybe on sites already have a newer version 304? Tell me, what can I do?

Post has been edited123nastia123 - 30.04.19, 19:36

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 20:44