Fiio BTR3 | [booster]

Rep: (84)
Fiio BTR3 - Discussion
Fiio BTR3
Official site | Discussion пїЅ

Attached Image

Description
FiiO BTR3 is the first Bluetooth amplifier in the world that supports all modern wireless audio codecs at once: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, LDAC and LHDC. This comprehensive Bluetooth audio support will allow you to get the best sound possible from any source and breathes new life into your favorite headphones.
The LED indicator will let you know which codec the sound is now transmitted: when playing SBC, it flashes blue, with AAC - blue, LDAC - white, LHDC - green, aptX and aptX LL - purple, and finally, when playing aptX HD, it flashes yellow.
Qualcomm's Bluetooth CR8675 chip used in the BTR3 is a premium device designed specifically for audio devices with high sound quality requirements, supporting audio transmission and processing up to 24-bit resolution and equipped with its own 120 MHz processor. In addition, the CR8675 chip also demonstrates the stability of the connection among other analogues, especially in circumstances with a lot of interference.
The digital audio signal received without wires is transmitted by a Bluetooth chip to a separate DAC, AK4376A from Asahi Kasei, which converts it to analog with extremely low distortion (в€’107 dB or 0.00045%) and a very high signal-to-noise ratio (124 dB) - you will hear every nuance and every detail of your favorite music.
11 hours of pleasure. A 300 mAh battery is charged in just an hour and a half, and then it works for almost half a day! (The duration of work on a single charge was measured using the AAC codec, the use of more complex codecs can consume a charge faster.)
Two layers of volume control for fine tuning. When the smartphone is paired with the BTR3, its own volume is adjusted on it, and the BTR3 has its own independent volume control, which allows you to find the level that is comfortable for you as accurately as possible. Of course, if you turn off the BTR3 - it will not forget at what level you used it, and remember it the next time it is turned on.
Built-in noise-canceling microphone cVc from Qualcomm. The electronics in BTR3 cares not only about making your songs sound good - even your phone calls should sound good. In addition to the high-quality amplification of sound coming from the microphone, VC technology automatically adjusts the sensitivity of the microphone and actively suppresses background noise - let your interlocutor also get a little pleasure from high-quality sound.
Simple one-touch pairing with NFC. A compatible device can be connected to the BTR3 by simply holding one to the other. Yes, no more settings menu is needed.
Type C connector with USB-DAC function. The BTR3 is equipped with a Type C USB connector, which is more convenient due to its symmetry, and the device itself through this connector can not only be charged, but also used as a USB DAC - and without the need to install drivers.
If you connect your smartphone to the BTR3, and the BTR3 to the audio system in your car, you can not only listen to music in the cabin, but also answer calls conveniently.
Liven up your home theater. Is your home cinema system not equipped with Bluetooth? Replace the audio cable on the BTR3!
The aluminum alloy case, covered with smoothed glass with oleophobic coating, contrasting black letters and smooth texture - this makes up an appearance that would not be superfluous on the window of an expensive workshop.
Double tapping the multifunction button on the BTR3 will trigger Siri - almost like on your iPhone.
Fast Pair. The Android OS has the Fast Pair function, which BTR3 also supports - hold the button on it and confirm the connection in the pop-up notification on the smartphone.
Wear whatever you want. You can attach BTR3 to clothes with the help of a clip, you can hang it on a neck on a cord. The main thing is that you do not have to wrestle with how comfortable it is to place it.

Device characteristics
Weight: 26 g
Dimensions: 58x25x10.4 mm
Frequency range: 20 ~ 20000 Hz (aptX), 20 ~ 40000 Hz (LDAC)
Output power: 33 mW (16 ohms), 25 mW (32 ohms)
Impedance:<0.3 Ohm (load 32 Ohm)
Signal to noise ratio: 120 dB
Non-linear distortion + noise:<0.003% (LHDC 1kHz)
Channel separation: ≥75 dB (32 Ohm load)
Recommended headphone impedance: 16 - 100 ohms
Chip: CSR8675 (Bluetooth), AK4376A (DAC)
Bluetooth Version: 4.2
Supported Bluetooth codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, LDAC and LHDC
Built-in battery capacity: 300 mAh
Work time: ≤11 h
Battery charging time: about 1.5 hours (USB Type C connector)
It can be used as a USB DAC (USB Audio Class 1.0 48KHz / 16-bit)
One-touch easy pairing with NFC
Fast Pair Support

Reviews

Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Comparing BTR3 with BTR1 and ОјBTR
Attached Image

• Before asking a question, use search by topic . Respect your and other people's time.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Posted on 11/03/2018 16:16:

Instructions for updating the firmware:
https://fiio.com/newsinfo/84403.html

The program for updating the firmware:
http://fiio-file.fiio.net/BTR3_firmware_upgrade_tool.zip

Now the Fiio BTR3 firmware version can be found in the new version 1.1.2 of the FiiO Music program (you can download it on Google Play orhere). FiiO Music thread on the forumsavagemessiahzine.com: FiiO Music

The latest (as of 05/30/2019) firmware upgrade version for BTR3-v1.2:download
List of firmware changes v1.2
The BTR3 FW1.2 is as follows:

1. Added Equalizer function;
2. Added in-vehicle mode (car engine starts / stops);
3. Upgrade HWA to version 2.0, including audio and audio stuttering and some incompatibility issues;
4. It’s not very clear;
5. Improved the low-power notification, redundant alerts;
6. Changed the RGB indicator setting to be remembered after taking effect.
7. Changed the Charge on after Off rebooted.
8. Improved alert sounds and reduced volume;
9. Miscellaneous fixes;

Notes (please read this carefully before upgrading):
a. After the firmware is upgraded, it cannot be downgraded. Trying to downgrade;
b. FiiO Music app and enter Settings- How to check the current firmware version: open>BTR3. If the current version is below 1.2, you should upgrade the firmware;
c. The Equalizer only works when streaming the SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX-HD and HWA (48kHz or lower) codec. It does not work for the LDAC codec. And for HWA 96kHz, it’s possible to turn off EQ, otherwise there might be noise.
d. New feature EQ only works with the latest version of the FiiO Music app (Android version 1.1.2; iOS version 1.3.9).

You can also download the latest firmware update and firmware program:here
Direct link to version v.1.2-0531BTR3-1.2-0531.dfu

If something went wrong with the firmware and you received a "brick" recovery instruction from* zaber read here .
If after the firmware for version 1.0 (v1030), the headset function is gone - with the incoming and outgoing call you do not hear the interlocutor or you can try itthisway to.

Post has been editedraining - 13.06.19, 12:16
Reason for editing: Editing

Rep: (5)
* Satrap , thanks for the answer, I'll go watch the headphones!

Rep: (12)
I don’t know if I’m the first or not, but I got a brick. Does not respond to the power button, does not respond to charging, when connected to a computer, the computer does not see it.
Bought at Shenzhen Hongze Techonology Ltd.
Tomorrow I will communicate with the seller.

Rep: (2)
Pr_union @ 11.11.18, 0:17*

I took it myself. Campaign you are out of luck!

Rep: (16)
Pr_union @ 11/08/2018, 00:17*
I don’t know if I’m the first or not, but I got a brick. Does not respond to the power button, does not respond to charging, when connected to a computer, the computer does not see it.

Try installing the firmware program from the header. It has drivers. After connecting the bluetooth to your computer and look in the device manager. If defined as CSR BlueCore in DFU mode. Then not everything is lost.

Rep: (0)
DiS_Ko @ 11/08/18, 00:22*
I took it myself. Campaign you are out of luck!

Oh, I just added their lot to the basket, I'm waiting for 11.11.

Rep: (2)
Yac @ 11.11.18, 9:28*
Oh, I just added their lot to the basket, I'm waiting for 11.11.

And order, the store is reliable, large, prices are lower than in the official FiiO. You can run into marriage anywhere.

* pr_union , * pr_union , I also took in this store. It works flawlessly. The package arrived in Voronezh in 26 days.

Rep: (395)
An interesting device, I want to switch from the player to the phone + bluetooth adapter. There is uBTR, it keeps the connection, it works well, now I want the sound to be good too)

On Ali at prices, the cheapest will be $ 66.42? (and possible coupons)

In our stores it costs 6190. Well, in stores like a remote control, another 5% discount for paying by card. total 5880 (warranty and delivery, but a little expensive)

Rep: (19)
Friends can I reset the device and how. Updated Fiio MUSIC and wanted to go into BTR3 settings. But unfortunately crashes. But one second before the departure, I observe that the balance is shifted to the left channel. Apparently, when I tried to enter the settings, I accidentally moved it. Moreover, the shift is displayed on all devices where Fiio Music is installed, and on all devices, by the way, the application also crashes when you enter the settings.

* tranyur , I had this until I updated the firmware on BTR3. After the application works correctly.

Rep: (19)
* m2s Thank you, I will try to upgrade.

Rep: (1)
Users can tell BTR 3 will increase the quality of the bluetooth speaker and its volume? bunch of mobile phone with bluetooth Support AptX, AptX-HD, LDAC - then btr 3 and then the bluetooth column. Does this bundle make sense or will I not get higher volume and quality from this bundle ?!

Rep: (102)
Artur1980 @ 11/08/18, 14:33*
speaker.

Did I understand correctly? you have 2 watts power column and you want it to give you 5 watts ??))))

Rep: (90)
* artur1980 ,
Depends on the column. If column g - no receiver will help.

Rep: (578)
In the FiiO Official Store, when buying a BTR3, you can choose the option with a silicone case -https: //ru.aliexpress....884f4baeefc4406fe54acf, And no one saw the covers on Ali separately?

Rep: (12)
Zaber @ 11/08/18, 05:22*
Try installing the firmware program from the header. It has drivers. After connecting the bluetooth to your computer and look in the device manager. If defined as CSR BlueCore in DFU mode. Then not everything is lost.

Alas, nothing. I will send back through a dispute with a refund, probably. And in parallel I will order a new one, so as not to wait a hundred years.

Rep: (1)
Kirill5037 @ 11/08/18, 14:37*
Did I understand correctly? you have 2 watts power column and you want it to give you 5 watts ??))))
maybe I'm wrong but maybe with an amp or with a smart dac column does not give out all the power features and that's why I am wondering whether buying a btr 3 is justified because the same headphones play differently when you connect btr 3 to them

* tranyur ,
To reset the settings, hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Attached Image

Rep: (102)
Artur1980 @ 08.11.18, 20:37*
because the same headphones play differently when you connect btr 3 to them

Headphones are a passive way to output sound and volume will rest against their resistance and sensitivity.
And your speaker is not passive, but active, and its power is determined by its current power.
But the sound quality can improve. Although the bluetooth speaker is not about sound quality. Of course there are monsters, but most of them are unlikely to buy them.

Post has been editedkirill5037 - 08.11.18, 20:43

Rep: (395)
By the way, is Fiio the only company in the world that believes that the + button should be responsible for rewinding a track?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/29/19, 02:54