Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Reviews
FAQ
In connection with the minimum configuration, there is no instruction for use in principle, and some things may not be obvious

Control:
Navigating through the menu - buttons for the next / previous track (duplicated on the volume wheel)
Go Forward - Play
Exit - Back
Options - Hold Back
Control Lock - On Button
Turn off - hold the On button

Changing the language from Chinese:
In the menu, select the gear - select the item labeled language - select English

Switching to usb DAC mode:
Settings (Set) - USB Type - USOUND
After that, when connected to a computer, it will offer to enable usb DAC or just charge the player

Automatically add all audio files to the collection:
Go to music - create playlist - wait for the scan to complete
Then you can either lose everything, or go back and choose already by albums, genres, etc.

Chewing a single flac with .cue:
Start playing the mega-track for 50 minutes: D
Hold back button
Choose cue playlist
Listen to tracks individually

Stirring, repeat
During playback, hold down the back button and turn on the Play mode submenu
Repeat - Repeat
Shuffle - Shuffle

Change the equalizer preset:
Unfortunately, presets cannot be configured, you can only choose one of six ...
During playback, hold down the back button and turn on the Sound settings submenu
Choose any you like (apply in real time)
Firmware upgrade
Only one firmware update was found on the Internet from 2017-09-01, which can solve problems with working in usb DAC mode.

Install at your own peril and risk!

Instruction:
1. DownloadAttached fileUPGRADE.zip(4.42 MB)
unpack the UPGRADE.HEX file to the root of the memory folder
2. Go to Settings - Auto upgrade - confirm the installation, the player will reboot itself
3. Re-configure the language, etc.

K
There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 22.10.18, 16:21

Rep: (694)
If you have questions - ask, but about "how is the sound?" it’s better not to ask, it’s all too subjective and highly dependent on both tastes and headphones, and in principle I have nothing to compare with ...

In my case, I can only say that with the same headphones, the same music on the player plays much better than on my smart (Xiaomi mi5s), it was very difficult to get bass with ordinary vacuum headphones there, no problem here, there occasionally aroseartifactsdistortion, especially after getting the bass level I need, even mp3 320 kbps already sounds fine here (anything less is not better than a smart), flakes are generally out of competition (relative to a smart).

As for volume, headphone and usb DAC:
- Any earbuds sound so loud that I set the maximum to 30% volume
- Xiaomi mi hybrid pro learned to bass a little
- Old Sven AP-600s sound like they never sounded, bass, clarity of sounds, would not say worse than my old subwoofer Elenberg CAS-5120 (subjective)
- My tastes are specific and now I use with ESZ ED9 headphones and the Techno preset, and with all my music the sound suits (RobZombie, LinkinPark, Zardonik, Klaypex, Skrillex, UponABurningBody, DevilDriver, etc.), with other presets, like without them, the sound does not always suit you, right there on average the norms in spite of different genres and styles
- The volume as a usb DAC is much quieter than directly, there may be a problem with drivers or settings on the computer itself, but they say there is no such problem with Zishans
- When used as a usb DAC, the player's buttons control the computer / smartphone, there switching tracks, adjusting the volume
- Even if the battery holds 20 hours of music in a row, it has the ability to quickly discharge when the player is turned off, so I have accumulated a maximum of 6 hours of listening to music at the moment from the last charge - 5 days ago, and only 2 divisions are left ... either as it usually happens, the controller shows incorrect information and on the last division the player will live a lot more time: D

Post has been editedback37 - 24.10.18, 19:00

Rep: (1)
Retrieved from Player.ru ??? Did you put this one yourself?

* LukenRus,
Not from there, but she (100% coincides in hex), put immediately after checking usb DAC, which out of the box I had without sound at all;)

OK ! Got it! Have you heard any changes in sound quality? Besides raising the sound level in USB DAC?

Post has been editedLukenrus - 01.11.18, 16:10

* LukenRus,
I don’t even know ... maybe, most likely, it just seemed, but there were a bit more higher frequencies, I didn’t notice any more changes, the quality seemed neither worse nor better ... when switching / rewinding tracks there were no extraneous sounds, it didn’t appear (it seems they wrote on pleer that this happens to some)

Rep: (3)
Who knows the difference between hd x9 and hk x9?

Post has been editedyurik61 - 13.11.18, 00:08
Reason for editing: Error

* yurik61,
On alik, they are no different: D And judging by the unsoldered elements on the board, there should be a version with Bluetooth, maybe hk x9 it should be, but the Chinese call everything hk x9 ...

Post has been editedback37 - 15.11.18, 09:22

Bought on sale for $ 35.46! I'm waiting! Who tried with him KZ ZS 5?

Rep: (2)
He also became the owner of this device, comes with firmware v1.101.10 2017-11-07. I requested from the header, the date and version of the firmware have not changed- But! result: on 24 ohm headphones, the volume increased by an order of magnitude. I like the sound: there is a very low bass, everything else is clear and crystal clear, treble ears do not cut, everything is ok. Listened on BeoPlay H9. By the way, on stationary HI-FI systems with different external amplifiers, the subbass seems to be slightly taut, it even appears on speakers such as a closed box with a 20cm bass (other sources do not give such an effect). I once read that this is a feature of the CS4398 itself, although I have asus xonar DX on it, it is clearly weaker expressed. For comparison, as a source of ipad2 music, the Neutron player on it with the bass is all ok, although inside there is still a different CS. In the headphones, once again I write everything perfectly, I like everything. I liked the Rock equalizer setting - for some mastering, that's it! P.S. the comment was from 11/26/18 now 03/11/2019 either I got used to it, or the bass leveled out, it became as it should, but I did not change anything in the speakers and amplifiers).

Post has been editedtigrocry - 11.03.19, 16:41

Rep: (158)
LukenRus @ 11/17/18, 15:42*
Who tried with him KZ ZS 5?
..zs5 saws a lot on RF. Of the existing intrazannels kz es4, xiaomi hibrid, trn v20 !!, trn v80..Trn v20 are the best. I stopped at them.
Of the full sizes, Samson sr850 sang well with ziku ... where you can listen to the fengru emx 500 (in-ear) when it is important to control sounds from the outside.

Rep: (54)
Let’s revive the topic a bit - I have already owned this device for 5 days and so far only positive emotions.
On Tuesday, received bought for 2600 rubles. on "black" Friday, again, a black player from the VS Audio Store. In the kit there was only a player in a black box with a zipper and nothing more. Firmware V1.101.10 from 2017-11-07, the wheel hangs slightly, but the encoder itself works clearly, there is "warm tube" noise on low-impedance headphones, but it does not bother at all. Comfortable volume for most 16-32 Ohm plugs is 65-70 units.
Having read about the basement assembly, I expected the worst, but when I opened the player’s lid I was pleasantly surprised - the soldering was close to perfect, there wasn’t any flux from the word at all. Just in case, I added solder to the button legs and re-soldered (interchanged) the extreme wires of the encoder - it seems to me that it is more logical to increase the volume when the wheel rotates to the right, and decrease to the left
I’m directly pleasantly surprised by the sound - a warm, comfortable, involving sound, and the frequencies are all in place at the player for two pennies without any modifications and dances with a tambourine - the closest competitor at the price of Zishan Z3 “out of the box” without the intervention of crazy hands (and even at least a couple of thousand for revision) sounds much worse IMHO, but louder, Ziku doesn’t have much power for high-impedance full-sized ones - this player is more for plugs / tablets and not hard to load on-ear headphones, up to a maximum of about 100-150 Ohms. As a result, Ziku HD-X9 is simply a musthave for today in terms of price / sound quality, exterior - the Chinese directly pleased us unexpectedly, it is strange that it is not very popular, although it should.
In the interior - the board seems to me already the third revision, because the first version was with an external speaker and the wiring for a “blue tooth” and the second version was just with a wiring for a “blue tooth”, and I don’t have any hints on installing the Bluetooth and strapping for it on my board. Also in this version there is no LDO 5V powered by the DAC and amplifier, as well as in the second version too, which makes it impossible to reduce background noise by simply installing a 10nF capacitor on the Bypass LDO leg.
Attached is a photo of the difference between the boards of all three versions that exist today.
First
Attached Image

The second
Attached Image

Third
Attached Image

P.S. - the situation with the firmware is a little incomprehensible, the first players came with the version 2017-09-01, then from 2017-11-07 (the majority has one) and there is an extremely rare version 2018-04-19 (from Wooeasy c Ali was sometimes received with such firmware). In addition, there is an update that is laid out on Player.ru and there is an incomprehensible update that increases the volume and, according to many reviews, has put a damaging sound on it - sharp high and the bass degrades, but for someone this does not happen. Perhaps it’s just that it’s not suitable for all revisions of the player normally ... I did not take risks and put it, because everything suits me in terms of sound quality, but you cannot roll back from the update.
A little more on the iron - at the output there is a headphone amplifier TPA6130A2 and if you read it carefully, it has a minimum critical load resistance of 12.8 Ohms, recommended 16 Ohms. So the owners of fittings, hybrids, duals and other things are more accurate at 8-12 ohms - maybe "magic smoke" can come out of the amplifier chip;)

Post has been editedmaxxkur - 17.12.18, 11:51

* maxxkur , .. saw you on player.ru: thank_you:
I also own two such beauties, the second revision is gray, with a soldering pin under the blue-tooth, and the third naked in black, only because of the seller's guarantees I took it in black. They sound equally good on the firmware from 2017.11.07. I threw out the ceramics by nutrition from the battery 47 microfarads, replaced with an electrolyte 1000 microfarads. I didn’t short-circuit anything anymore, as one comrade with player.ru (4 pass-through Conders) makes a sound and so on.
Attached Image
Attached Image

.. also did not dare to upgrade the firmware from page 17, usb dac is not needed, but I do not want to risk it.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedsergo2073 - 15.12.18, 16:33

maxxkur, damn it, I ordered vjjb n1 and there 8 om

Your right to take risks, but Texas Instruments does not recommend doing this (the first plate is the minimum operating mode, the second is the minimum acceptable at all :)):
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedmaxxkur - 15.12.18, 16:47

I threw the ceramics out of battery power at 47 microfarads, replaced it with an electrolyte of 1000 microfarads. I didn’t short-circuit anything anymore, as one friend with player.ru (4 pass-through Conders) made a sound and so on.

I also want to attach a low-impedance electrolyte at 470-1000 ОјF to the battery and shunt it with NPO 0.1 ОјF ceramic, as well as making the DAC binding more kosher: happy:

Posted on 12/15/2018, 16:53:

maxxkur, and as much as possible?

Well, he no longer shakes 300 Ohms normally, here, as I understand it, there is more restriction on current and precisely on the minimum load resistance (that is, the lower the load resistance, the greater the current return from the amplifier is required). And with headphones with high resistance it will just be quiet (there is not enough voltage or in another way the gain), but this does not harm the amp

Post has been editedmaxxkur - 15.12.18, 16:54

As well as DAC binding, it is more kosher to do: happy:
..that is necessary. But after each Conder you need to compare the sound, if it gets worse, return the ceramics. I understand that you want to use tantalum?

..that is necessary. But after each Conder you need to compare the sound, if it gets worse, return the ceramics. I understand that you want to use tantalum?

On Vref and FILT + Tantalum, Va and Vd Poscap from Panasonic Tantalum-Polymer

Rep: (126)
By firmware and rollbacks. Judging by the photo, the device has a spi flash on the device as on a larger flock of routers. Most likely the firmware is there. And if you remove a full dump with a special clothespin (or fall out) + the programmer, then it is likely to roll back to it. And in case of death, the flash drive will have something to return to.

maxxkur, please, could you ask the player about the 8om headphones, I chose the headphones for so long ....

What to ask about? The amp will burn in half an hour or an hour - I think no one wants to try, although it may not burn, but simply distortion will be trampled or it will go to the “defense”

Post has been editedmaxxkur - 15.12.18, 17:16

and ceramic NPO 0.1mkF to shunt it,
..and why shunt? I’m not particularly at this, but the increased power capacity of the whisker, as I understand it, stabilizes the voltage drops at the end of the battery discharge, i.e. the amplifier with a difference from the initial battery voltage (about 4.7 volts when fully charged, and at the end of the discharge about 3.6 c) may give some kind of distortion, the capacitor is caching here, it is pumping up ..?

..and why shunt?

RF suppression, as Electrolytic capacitor does not work at high frequencies. If you take a closer look at the power of various devices, then as a rule there is ceramic or a film of small face value near tantalum or electrolyte. If you put a solid-state type OsCon, then you can not do this, they work fine on the RF.

Post has been editedmaxxkur - 15.12.18, 17:31

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/27/19, 10:41