SuperSU for AndroidTV boxes
In general, I'm sick of the su staff, who did not even consider it necessary to at least keep a journal of what there doing some weird program with root privileges.
Therefore, I took the good old SuperSU and finished it "the place" for our Android TV devices. Who tried to put SuperSU knows what he is either not installed ( "SU binary is not available, go ubeysya the wall") or if he has "upgraded", how should - on only to reinstall the firmware. The reason for this is that the system is already installed semblance SU from Chinese mates which is not friendly to the method of installation, which selects SuperSU.
I had to patch the APK, not to try to "update" nothing.
Bonus system will support startup scripts from /system/etc/init.d and /vendor/etc/init.d, if it was not before such. First, run all of the script (in alphabetical order) of /vendor/etc/init.d, then from /system/etc/init.d. Start running scripts after system startup (this is about the moment when the screen saver starts changing on the desktop).
Also, the installer is recommended for those who already "updated" SuperSU and brought the system unbootable. Normally, when this access remains in Recovery, at worst, can be downloaded from flash TWRP. In this case, the first point of the instructions below, you can not perform.
---===> Installation file to take here <===---
- Remove SuperSU and / or Magisk or whatever it was before. You can clean it (for example, in SuperSU "Settings" ->"Complete Root Removal").
- Write UPDATE-supersu - *. Zip to the flash drive and insert it into the USB connector
- Reboot to recovery (you can stock, you can TWRP)
- Install update from ZIP file on flash drive
- Reboot and make sure that the list of installed programs is SuperSU, and it works
Also there is an UPDATE-unsu * .zip file, which simply blows down any installed SUs (except Magisk). Someone might come in handy.
At the moment, it is known that the installer works correctly on these devices / firmware:
- X96Max firmware from Superceleron (ATV Android 8.1)
- X96Max with sink iOS on 22.01.19 (Android 8.1)
- X92 with firmware from SAMDE (Android 6.0)
- X92 with firmware based on Minix (Android 6.0)
- T95Q with sink iOS 20007_3 (Android 8.1).
Firmware, which "did not grow together":
- X92with this mod(Android-based 7 for Tannix TX92) did not take off. After rebooting SuperSU.apk still swears that "su file busy". Not yet understood, but it is suspected that in this su firmware file will be restored on every boot of some sort of shadow copies.
P.S. In the last "People's firmware" this SuperSU already installed, so that if there is this firmware, put no sense.Post has been editedanpaza - 16.02.19, 02:35
Reason for editing: SHAPE