MiWiFi 3a | Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3a - discussion | [wifirouter]: 867Mb \ s - 1167Mb \ s | 2x100Mb

Rep: (519)
MiWiFi 3a | Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3a - discussion
The router on the official website

Attached Image

Description
The cheapest AC router at the moment
Specifications
  • CPU MT7628A 580MHz;
  • ROM : 16MB SLC Nand Flash;
  • Ram : 64MB DDR2;
  • 2.4 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 867 Mbit / s);
  • 5 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 1167 Mbit / s);
  • Wan (up to 100 Mbit / s);
  • LAN x2 (up to 100 Mbit / s);
  • External non-directional antennas 6 dBi - 4 pcs.

Firmware
So far onlystock stable. A test with ssh support has not been delivered yet.
Padawan firmware for 3A
FAQ
- What is the difference from the version of Router 3c? In support of the 5GHz range and AC standard
Initial setup
Install USB 2.0 port

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 20.02.19, 09:16
Reason for editing: Padawan firmware for 3A

Rep: (2515)
M
We move to subsectionXiaomi

Rep: (8)
I will describe the impressions:
- good coverage (better than Mikrotik hAP ac lite)
- the most profitable of supporting 5Ghz
- after 50-60 Mbit CPU already under 100%. But at the same time up to 100 Mbps falls short (if you look at statistics on the interface, and not on the payload)
Below are the measurements (via wi-fi 5Ghz (NETIS WF2180 USB adapter)):
[SUM] 0.00-10.00 sec 108 MBytes 90.2 Mbits / sec 248 sender
[SUM] 0.00-10.00 sec 105 MBytes 88.5 Mbits / sec receiver

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedArlissa - 17.10.18, 21:48

Rep: (-1)
Xiaomi Mi-router 3a
Which one can I ask to roll? padawan put?

Rep: (22)
Arlissa @ 10/17/18, 21:39*
after 50-60 Mbit CPU already under 100%

It seems that he is tearing the network. Periodic debugging, possibly due to firmware. But I have 64mb, maybe that's why. I will observe the "patient".
Firmware 2.18.15

Post has been editedRamRIDK - 29.10.18, 20:34

* RamRIDK,

There is such a thing, sometimes it throws it onto a router page, saying that there is no connection to the Internet. Sometimes a button helps to repeat (or whatever is in Chinese), and when only a reboot.
My tariff is 100Mbps, but does not take out on the torrent. Dir-615 took out 100 Mbit in a duplex. I suffer 3A only for coverage and 5Ghz.

Post has been editedArlissa - 30.10.18, 21:32

Rep: (0)
I bought this router, but did not learn Chinese at school :( can I do something in Russian or at least in English? Or in the old manner ?? With a dictionary :)

Rep: (1)
* LaBonnotte ,
Install browser plugin for xiaomi router

New version released: 2.18.40
The router itself has been updated, the list of changes did not have time to take a picture. On the site yet. Feels like CPU load has decreased.

* Arlissa
Bought a router while setting up, updated. Like the rules, I do not notice any bugs

alexnote @ 10/22/18 18:51*
padawan put?

As if I was also interested in this question, I bought it today, I haven’t connected it yet. I bought it exclusively for MI box 3. I think it will work stably in a bundle?

I bought this miracle today and immediately came across a few problems.

1. Without the Internet, do not configure through the official. attachment.

2. Xiaomi devices are not friendly with my provider’s VPN (PPTP). The tests were carried out as follows:
a) VPN is configured on the router, there is no “dial-up”, although the data entered is correct;
b) the router received only IP, the computer is connected to the VPN by regular means, everything is OK;
c) the router received only IP, the Xiaomi phone writes a "failure" when trying to connect. to VPN.

We are waiting for alternative firmware, your mother.

Post has been editeddan-kolom - 20.11.18, 22:51

* dan-kolom
There VPN is not as an option to connect to the Internet, but as extra. service. Apparently because of this and plugging. As an option, check the IP, and not the domain name as a server.
From switched only supports PPPoE.

Rep: (17)
MIMO support, right?
And I understand that it will not work like this:pulled out of the box and running. Do you have to dance with a tambourine?

So there is no developer firmware on it? : wallbash:

Delai Vivodi @ 11/23/18 05:27*
And I understand that it does not work out that way.

No dance, I literally set it up in about 5 minutes without a translator !!! Neither of which is terrible in this, though in Chinese.

I bought yesterday such a modem in general. For 1726 rubles. Including delivery. We will try: rolleyes:

Wow! I set up ... But I had to tinker. For some reason I have been fiddling with a LAN connection for a long time. Issued "Without an Internet connection." He also fiddled, poked, then turned off the router from the network, waited 10 seconds and turned it back on. Earned a Chinese whale! Shustrenko. Now we are in the hut to pull 250 Mbps wire. HOORAY ! So far, my tariff is 50 Mbps from qwerty.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedDelai vivodi - 24.11.18, 18:10

Rep: (121)
Delai Vivodi @ 11/24/2018, 18:08*
I will pull 250 Mbit

those. what ports 100 Mbit do not confuse you drop?

Post has been editedso-ba - 25.11.18, 21:10

Rep: (18)
* so-ba , there are a lot of such in the branches, do not heed attention

so-ba @ 11/25/18, 21:09*
those. what ports 100 Mbit do not confuse you drop?

No, do not bother. That means there will not be 250 Mbps, but there will be a maximum of 100. And that’s good.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 28.06.19, 12:13