> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi Mi 8 SE - Unofficial firmware

Rep: (32)
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE - Unofficial firmware
PictureMi8SE, Mi8i, Codename: Sirius
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Mi Account пїЅ | Modification and decorations пїЅ | Unlock bootloaders Xiaomi пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ

FAQ

Important information
  • In this topic, all content assumes use on devices with an UNLOCKED bootloader!
  • If you have any problems with the work of the firmware, be sure to stick the device logs (logcat)! How to get themwritten here.
  • You can not block the bootloader in the presence of any modifications of the device!
  • Neither the authors of the firmware, nor the administration of the forum bear any responsibility for your actions!
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
  • Discussion of MIUI firmware or kernel operation when using MIUI based firmware is offtopic.
  • Do not create a post with firmware if it is already in the header, contact the author of the post with firmware and ask to add it to the post
  • Before you make a backup or reflash the device, it is advisable to remove all types of LOCK (figure, PIN, password, fingerprint or face)

Drivers and Utilities
ADB, Fastboot and drivers
Utilities

Firmware
In order to avoid errors when installing the firmware (error 7), carefully look at the name of the firmware, suitable specifically for this device with a note Sirius , from other firmware devices are not suitable!

Android 10
Firmware name | last update date

Android 9 Pie
Firmware name | last update date

Gapps / Recovery / Root / Vendor
Googleapps
To gain access to all Google services, you must use the basic set of Google applications - GoogleApps, all current versions of GoogleApps for firmware are available here:

Recovery

To get Root access, simply flush the Magisk archive from the TWRP.
Vendor
To install unofficial firmware, you need to use the recommended versionsVendor

miscellanea
Kernels
Our device sirius , from other devices, the kernel does not fit and will not work!
Kernel name | last update date

Instructions
Firmware reviews

Write your reviews about the firmware to add them to the header

thankthe_virus_uafor making hats.
There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedRozetka.img - 02.09.19, 14:17
Reason for editing: Unpacker system.dat.br; recovery; boot; system

Rep: (68)
Stitched[9.0] [GSI] PixelExperience P which treble. I liked the firmware, turned on 4G through the engineering menu, set up DPI 411, as in a pixel.
Of the disadvantages:
The camera is the easiest and the sound from the speaker has distortion. Gestures work very strangely. Launching the application menu only, works only the second time after the "recent" menu has opened, it is not very convenient. Therefore, I turned them off.
For everyday use, it’s not good, but in general I’ll note how much Google has done on updating capabilities. : friends:
In the meantime, it remains to wait for the source from Xiaomi for Muay 10 did not roll, a kind of frankstein 9th android and ios.

On 10/26/2018 : The firmware is stable. Put the G camera mod from here . The quality of snapshots is more than. Portrait mode is great. The front camera is better than the drain. No slow motion video. The bangs are not clipped. YouTube works in full screen mode, as expected. I will stay on it for now.

ThisThe patch removes juggling when scrolling through the application menu.
Thisto enable adaptive brightness and always on display
If the sound of an external speaker wheezes, thenhere
Fix bangshere. Fix fix bangs
Download APK.
Boot into TWRP.
Mount vendor partition.
Use ADB to move the APK to "/ vendor / overlay /"

Instruction:
1. Be on Xiaomi.EU. have current TWRP
2. Download the desired firmware. SwayA only 64 arm unpack it as * .img on the phone
3. Downloadmagisk 16.4 and apk to him.
4. In TWRP, make a standard wipe (just swipe in the reset section)
5. Install firmware by selectinginstall img
6. Install magisk 16.4 without leaving recovery.
7. Boot. Adopt apk magisk. Do not update Magisk, higher than version 16.4, as we get bootloop
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedIurii g - 08.11.18, 20:08

Put[8.1.0] [TREBLE] Pixel Experience [AOSP] [r42] [2018/08/08] . Everything works, but the shell does not know about the presence of a bang, from the word at all: rolleyes :.
As a result, most menus look ugly. Notification icons are cropped. This suggested that LineageOS 15.1 should not be expected.

He rolled back to 8.8.30.
Attached Image

Rep: (2)
* YuRiEL_G21,
official release.

As for the bangs: as I understand it, you need to put a fix. On XDA there istheme, where the guy put 9 on our device, there is a link to apk.

Post has been editedpaulkovalio - 04.09.18, 15:23

Rep: (202)
TWRP Installation Instructions

To install you will need:

1. Enable "USB debugging" in the settings for developers;
2. Turn on "Factory unlock" in the settings for developers;
3. Connect the device to the computer via USB;
4. Download TWRP to choose from;
5. Open a command prompt.(To open the directory in the command line where the downloaded recovery is located, with LShift pressed, right-click on the desired folder and select "Open Command Window");
6. Reboot the device in fastboot using the command:
adb reboot bootloader

7. Flash recovery with the command where you need to replace "wp_name" with the file name of your recovery:
fastboot flash recovery

8. Go to recovery using the command where you need to replace "vtp_name" with the file name of your recovery:
fastboot boot

If you have Chinese in TWRP, then you need to replace it with English / Russian, to do this, follow the steps:
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Now you can install the firmware.

TWRP recovery directory

TWRP 3.2.3 from LR.Team
TWRP has Chinese and English. Has built-in Magisk 16.3. It is not recommended to update Magisk.
Download: Google drive
A source: MIUI.com

TWRP 3.2.3 from TingyiChen
Download: AndroidFileHost
A source: XDA

TWRP 3.2.1 from q792602257
Download: Google drive
A source: XDA

Post has been editedtrenisk - 06.10.18, 19:44
Reason for editing: I wrote an instruction

Together with the firmware, the author on XDA advises to fix color and lags. I switched from PE to this firmware, it is excellent, except that the bluetooth headset does not work in the call mode and the fingerprint scanner in the system behaves like a physical button (that is, if you click on it, then some kind of button will be pressed in the system button. when talking like this, if you click on the scanner, the microphone will turn off, which is wildly uncomfortable and annoying).

Rep: (39)
The charge is eating the hellish firmware. And lags. + Sims do not turn off. With a finger, everything is fine

Rep: (1)
I have no problems either with a charge (it works for about a day and a half) or with a button or lags. There is a problem with the native camera, but the APK that is attached to the firmware works fine. Bt rarely use I do not know about this

* sclk , and where to turn off the sim card slots?

Rep: (46)
Throw reviews, sample photos, and firmware descriptions. Thank you

Sims do not turn off,

Rep: (1)
Screenshots

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (4)
The camera shoots like normal, but it’s buggy, I turn on portrait mode and just hangs. I can not find where to enable gesture controls

Install GSI firmware

Requirements
1. Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
2. Unlocked bootloader
3. TWRP

Instruction
1. Downloadlatest Xiaomi.EU. We wipe all sections, install
2. Do a factory reset in TWRP
3. DownloadLineage OS 15.1, transfer to the phone, click Install Image, select our file, select system
4. Go to Advanced and put Ruth there (Without this, the system will not boot)
5. Start the phone and wait for the download to finish, then boot into TWRP.

3. Download the firmware you likehere(A Only). We transfer to the phone.
4. Do a factory reset
5. Install our firmware via Install Image, install root and gapps, if the firmware is without them

Fix cutout (for 8.1)
1. Downloadfix.
2. We ship TWRP, mount the Vendor partition.
3. Via ADB, transfer the file to "/ vendor / overlay /"

Bugs
1. The fingerprint sensor behaves strangely, when pressed, clicks on an interface element (buttons, etc.)
2. Horrible sound in the headphones on one side of the adapter
3. The access point does not work (by usb)

Original article

Post has been editedkatantoff - 16.12.18, 22:39
Reason for editing: Updating

Rep: (46)
* Deboshik,
What could be wrong with her? Everything flies)

Rep: (3)
Guys, no one tried on our device the oxygen os firmware from project treble? I'm waiting for the bootloader to unlock and select the firmware, I would like to know what bugs are present on the project treble, and whether it is possible to use them fully

* anQist , I myself most likely pumped up, but after the Booth animation there was a stupidly black screen

Rep: (0)
The firmware laid out in the topic header does not require the actions necessary to install the GSI firmware? Or can you just install them from TWRP?

Be sure to require! All according to the instructions

Post has been editeddevil_00666 - 13.02.19, 12:39

in the GooglePixel2ROM header, zip from twrp is placed,
after installation, I found that this is an old version of the Pixel2Rom firmware from Mi8. Hence all the ensuing consequences.
The firmware will get familiar with the interface no more. At first glance it looks working, but installing a magisk causes a bootlap.

Rep: (12)
From Project Treble to download firmware "arm64 A"?
To install firmware version 9 of the android, download and install the 15th line as in the instructions?
3. Download Lineage OS 15.1, transfer to the phone, click Install Image, select our file, select system

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/09/19, 21:49