HP Gaming Pavilion 15-CX0026UR | [notebook] Windows 10 | 15.6 '' | i5-8250U | 8Gb | GTX1050 2

Rep: (34)
HP Gaming Pavilion 15-CX0026UR
Windows 10 Home | 15.6 '' | i5-8250U | 8Gb | GTX1050 2 GB

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
A gaming laptop, suitable to some extent for developers, the laptop keyboard is quite soft and silent, does not bend or stick.
Despite the powerful filling, its autonomy reaches more than 10 hours ...
The only significant drawback is the TN matrix.

The body is almost impossible to bend anywhere, very durable.
The cooling is good enough, in the browser / document mode the fan occasionally accelerates, and is quieter than many analogs.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
CPU i5-8250U 1.6-3.2GHz (4 cores, 8 threads)
RAM 8Gb DDR4 2400MHz (2 * 4Gb), upgrade to 32
Video card GeForce GTX1050 2GB
Display 15.6 '' 1920 * 1080 TN
Storage device 7200 1Tb HDD + m.2 nvme 128gb ssd

Useful information
The eDP matrix has a connector (quite interchangeable), there are a lot of IPS analogues with FullHD in the SLIM version, I will check it soon and unsubscribe, the issue price is about 4000 + - to replace the matrix, the matrix changes without a single screwdriver,article about this.

You can put both nvme and SATA SSD in the M.2 connector.

BIOS also supports regular legacy boot

Links and Resources

IPS matrix
B156HAN02.1 - the cost is about 4 thousand, but the matrix is ​​not particularly brighter and also 6 bits in color, but the colors stop floating, the viewing angles are very wide

Topics Curator:Indeferend

Post has been editedIndeferend - 11.12.18, 11:41
Reason for editing: Corrected title

I changed the matrix to IPS without screwdrivers and tools in 5 minutes, if anyone is interested in the topic on this laptop, I can tell and answer questions.

Rep: (0)
* Indeferend , subscribed to the topic, was waiting for this post. Please describe in more detail the replacement process. Where did you get a new display? Thank!

* fromsiberiawl, Hello, already wrote an article on Habr https://habr.com/post/425875/

Rep: (3)
Good day, Comrades!
Recently became the owner of this miracle.
I can be contacted for any hardware issues - I am an authorized HP engineer.

For a hat:
1. full characteristics of the device -https: //support.hp.com...320/document/c06070212
2. reference to the driver -https: //support.hp.com...0284020/model/23045320
3. A little later I’ll upload the OS recovery disk to our exchanger for our device.

Regarding the replacement matrix:
The article is normal. BUT, you need to add the info from its end at the very beginning - disconnecting the battery is mandatory! even in the off state there is a chance to kill the MP when disconnecting \ connecting the matrix.
I want to make a clarification for those who purchase the device and want to replace the matrix with ips, but are afraid to lose GO. The warranty is modular. Change - GO will continue for everything except the matrix.

* bubept Hello, I have a question for you, even three, could you suggest an adequate matrix model for this unit, ips and 8 bits.
Now I put B156HAN02.1, well, as in the article, the viewing angles are improved, little has improved brightness, color no longer swim (from burgundy to orange at different angles), but I work with graphics and 6-bit is not enough, recently bought a matrix such as the right to 8 bit B156HAN04.2, site panelook incomprehensible dimensions of the external, past the matrix like even more than the size specified, but it is the rules went, and at this in the first place on the left and right wider, not part of the seats, and secondly - does not support brightness adjustment, at 120 hertz wound up and the ideal brightness and color Pts Hb juicy.

I see that similar models from the same line have IPS matrices and even up to 140 hertz, so to speak compatible matrices which are put on otherslike these.

The second question is on cooling, it seems to be not quite powerful for quite quiet cooling, is it possible to get this laptop with two heat pipes and not with one CO?

The third question is PWM, at low speeds it works like a tractor, of course it depends on the level of background noise, I don’t even hear it in the office, but at home in the silence at night I can hear the fan working, it’s kind of jerky through PWM - I I would like to change the thermal tables so that the laptop runs silently all the time, and when it turns on it turns on, makes a noise as a fan and turns off.

So the laptop is gorgeous, put 32 gig of RAM in it, a larger SSD, pulled out a hard one. Everything flies, virtualization drags with a bang. The keyboard is nice.

* fromsiberiawl,
* bubept Could you dump me your EC?

1. We take the utilityrw everything

2. We open there EC
3. Click save to file

I played around a little with the creation of a config for the Notebook Fan Control program and probably failed some registers responsible for the fan speed, I need an untouched EC dump.
Thank you in advance.

And another question, probably tobubept is there a chance of getting documentation on the multicontroller registers?
Well, or can you help me unearth this thing? To tighten the fan speed. I forcedly made the energy saving mode, where my frequency does not rise above 1.2 GHz, in this state it does not heat up even with the fans turned off, but the fan still works, probably I did it myself in an attempt to speed up.

We have a multicontroller EC KB9022Q D, hereit is painted herehow to create a config without manuals on the controller.

Until I realized that 180y register can adjust the fan speed, but not tracked what registers is switched to manual mode and how to reduce to a minimum the fan on or off, did just - including utilities CoolSense, raskochegarilsya percent on stress tests to CoolSense took over control and he began to disperse fans took on the register dump, disabled CoolSense, applied from the dump file and the utility nbfc 180y register took control, it was possible to overclock the fan, but I failed to slow down now.

And now I’ll ask you to remove the dump of pristine registers, I need to recover from my experiments, I did not save unfortunately.

Does this laptop have due to the features of the opening mechanism not on 2 loops, but on one big problem with the cable?

* Indeferend
I can only do it in a week - I’m on a business trip.
It is unrealistic to receive documentation on the registers of a multicontroller from HP - they do not even share it with authorizers.

* Indeferend
I did not ask such a question, but you can try to install the matrix L20361-001 (searched in Google). She is from an older model. They have similar, but still different platforms.

Additional photos of the internal world of the device
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Posted on 12/20/2018, 12:20:

* YoungestFlexer,
There are not one but 2 loops.
You can see in the picture I sent: located in the area of ​​the radiator. More precisely, right under it.

Bubept @ 12.20.18, 14:19*
I can only do it in a week - I’m on a business trip.

I’m going to wait a lot, I have framed it with the valve control program, I forgot to backup, I screwed the registers)))

YoungestFlexer @ 12.20.18, 13:18*
Does this laptop have due to the features of the opening mechanism not on 2 loops, but on one big problem with the cable?

There are two loops, but specifically in my model, under the display, it’s as if the bolts were not tight enough to tighten and press these loops, from which the play was literally 0.2 mm, I was shorter than collective farm, but I did it reliably - I missed and pressed it with an epoxy, this is so when the matrix changed.

Bubept @ 12.20.18, 14:19*
You can try to install the matrix L20361-001

I can’t find the datasheet on it - is there 6 bits with the extension or 8 bits? I've been puzzled by the search for a specifically 8-bit matrix, but the only thing I could find was 1 in 1 in size and in internal and external and required tasks -N156HCE-EN1 , the problem is not only in the price of about 9-10 thousand, but that most stores are trying to sell some compatible analog for 3 thousand ... My work is often connected with the graphics, so the laptop is still inactive, if I can’t find a suitable matrix, I’ll have to use an external monitor connect .....

Welcome purchased this product in September 2018, ie, Warranty is not over yet. All this time I fight (with breaks estesstvenno) with a constant load of 100% HDD. When turned on, when you run programs under the anti-virus, and so simple. At boot time, 100% computer hangs. Tried all that is possible. Any serche superfetchi, indexing, etc. I tried. I wanted to do on their own. But probably will not work. Who faced? A week ago, also come off the body of the screen and is now afraid to close the laptop, because All crunches, etc. Decided to carry sevisny center ..... osadochek was bad for the product. Tell something about the HDD boot?

* Indeferend After two months of use, two problems appeared.
1. Wi-fi began to fall off regularly. There is a connection. packets do not go. We have to translate into air mode and vice versa. then it can be chopped off after 5 minutes, or maybe an hour later. Checked on two routers and an iPhone. Near the poppy pro, it does not experience problems.
2. The channel floor also disappears regularly when using a mini-jack. Sound goes to both channels, but only high and medium. Works as you wish. No addiction.

If you don’t give me a kickback to the service center? because bugs are floating

* cookie2004 Do not kick.
Most likely to change the motherboard. Although you need to watch more accurately.
Carry the service safely.

Comrades, to whom I promised to answer - I will answer in the coming days. The trip dragged on.

Posted on 1/10/2019, 23:05:

* Armeec_25 , to start, update the OS to the latest version. If it is vin10, then until 1809.
Must pass.
If not, then write me in a personal - I will help with the definition of the problem.

By the way, who cares: on the motherboard there is a free connector for connecting the keyboard backlight. Later I will throw off which model is suitable. Tomorrow I will test.

Post has been editedbubept - 10.01.19, 23:08
Reason for editing: Completed

* Armeec_25,
the screen housing is latched, can it just snap with your hands?
in the task manager, sort the processes according to the load on the disk, determine who writes so much there, often these are all sorts of antimalvari, windows defender, win search or just updates.

Well, in general, there is a chance that the hard drive was shaken during operation or during transportation, the system is trying to write or read something, but it is not available, if there are problems with the drive, there are still such fades when neither the mouse nor the keyboard moves, and then the hop and let go ...

In general, reinstalling the system is very simple, through the media creation tool from a USB flash drive, the license is sewn into the motherboard, I installed my SSD almost immediately after the purchase, rolled up a clean system.

* cookie2004, often all sorts of store employees or the SC of the store play football, but HP probably should be at the DELL level.

Here's a recent story - a 27 '' DELL monitor for 40k, in wild use 24/7 2.5 years, a one-year store warranty, no checks, no boxes, a band appeared on the matrix, called DELL, sent a new monitor to the apartment by courier, said two days you test, if the new one suits, then the old one you send back everything at the expense of the company. This overpayment for the brand is justified.

Regarding the replacement of matrices, I’m still looking for it, I found an option with only 6bit + FCR, but it is noticeably cooler and more colorful than just 6bit.
The local boutique komplektuhi could not help me in finding an analogue, they said only by model they can search and no more, but agreed to this option, if I take 3-4 matrices and try on at home, choose the best ...
Therefore, how I get hold of money - I’ll go to stash with matrices and then hand over a bunch ...

In my example, a couple of acquaintances replaced their miserable TN matrices with IPS and are happy, but I work a little with color and the current matrix for 256k does not fit color, and even the brightness does not suit ...

Good day!
I want to ask knowledgeable people. There is a laptop HP 15-cx0027ur, as I understand it is M.2 connector with a key M? Will an SSD with a B&M key fit here, or buy only with M?

* Hindus, if the motherboard doesn’t differ much from 0026, then you can install both pci-e and sata m2, of all the last SSDs I can only come across these
fotochka
Attached Image

those. b & m

shemka
Attached Image

Post has been editedIndeferend - 11.01.19, 06:55

* Indeferend Well, I watched on YouTube how 0041 also set universal b & m, so I'll try this

* Hindus, they are all kind of universal, they have not come across in recent years with only one neckline ...

By the way, if anyone wants to know how the color rendering of 8 bits differs from 6, I attach a photo, out of the box there was not only 6 bits, but also TN (sva), which was floating at angles ...
BUT on 8 bit matrices the scarlet color is very bright, but on 6 bit matrices it is slightly dull

a photo
Attached Image

Hindus, they are all kind of universal, they haven’t come across in recent years with only one neckline ...
if you put NVMe then there is only an M key, and SATA yes, all universal)

Good to all.
People, check out such a thing - the matrix of the matrix relative to the case, in the closed state, moves very much left and right?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 09/17/19, 6:15