Attached Image
The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Photo device
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Specifications

• Screen: 14 ", widescreen (16: 9) IPS display with a resolution of Full HD 1920 Г— 1080 (157 ppi, occupies 81% of the front panel), viewing angle 178 В°, color gamut NTSC 45%, brightness 250 nits, contrast ratio 800: 1, screen opening angle of 177 В°;
  • Processor (depending on configuration):
    • Intel Core i7-8550U , 1.8 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 4.0 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 8 threads, 8 Mb L3 cache);
    • Intel Core i5-8250U , 1.6 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 3.4 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 8 threads, L3 cache 6 MB);
    • Intel Core i3-8145U , 2.1 GHz (2 cores with a frequency of up to 3.9 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 4 streams, L3 cache 4 Mb);
    • Intel Core i5-8265U , 1.6 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 3.9 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 8 threads, L3 cache 6 Mb);
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2500U , 2.0 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 3.6 GHz, 8 threads, L3 cache 4 Mb);
    • AMD Ryzen 5 3500U , 2.1 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 3.7 GHz, 8 threads, L3 cache 4 Mb);
    • AMD Ryzen 7 3700U , 2.3 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 4.0 GHz, 8 threads, L3 cache 4 MB);

• Graphics chip (depending on configuration):
    • discrete graphics cards
      • NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2 Gb ;
      • NVIDIA GeForce MX250 2 Gb ;

• integrated graphics
      • Intel UHD Graphics 620 ;
      • AMD Vega 8 Mobile ;
      • AMD Vega 10 Mobile ;

• RAM: 8 Gb DDR3L 2133 MHz (for Intel processors), 8 Gb DDR4 2400 MHz (AMD 2500U), 8 GB DRR4 2666 (AMD 3000) dual-channel (30 Gb / s read / write);
  • ROM: 512/256 GB SSD (SATA / PCIe M.2);
  • Battery: non-removable lithium-polymer (Li-Poly), capacity 57 Wh В· up to 12 hours of playback of Full HD video, up to 13 hours of work with documents, up to 12 hours of web browsing; supported power supply - 5V2A, 9V2A, 12V2A, 15V3A, 20V3.25A;
  • Wireless technology: Intel 2x2 dual-channel antenna, maximum speed of 867 Mbit / s, compatible with 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, support for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies; Bluetooth 4.1;
  • Sound: Stereo speakers in the amount of 4 pieces (power not specified), support for Dolby Atmos technology;
  • Camera Frontal: 1.0 MP with support for video calls in the resolution of HD 1280x720;
  • Ports: 1 x Type-C (data transfer rate up to 5 Gb / s), 1 x USB 3.0 (on the left side), 1 x USB 2.0 (on the right side), 1 x HDMI (1.4 for Intel, 2.0 for AMD - thanks vladi710 ), 1 x 3.5 mm combo connector;
  • Body Material: aluminum;
  • Cooling: 1 cooler, 2 pipes for heat dissipation and 2 air vents;
  • The fingerprint is not available in versions with an AMD 2500U processor
  • Dimensions (mm): 323 x 221 x 15.8 (15.9 for the touchscreen version);
  • Weight: ≈1.45 kg (1.57 kg for the touchscreen version);
  • Available colors: Mystic Silver (silver), Space Gray (dark gray), Pure Nebula (lilac);
  • Equipment: Notebook, Type-C-Type-C cable, 65 W power supply, user manual.
  • NFC 2019
additional information
The following configurations are officially sold:
  • R5-2500U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, Vega 8 - 3999 ВҐ -outdated
  • R5-2500U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD PCIe, Vega 8, touchpad - 4599 ВҐ -outdated
  • i5-8250U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, UHD 620 - 4799 ВҐ
  • i5-8250U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, MX150 - 4999 ВҐ
  • i5-8250U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD PCIe, MX150, touchpad - 5699 ВҐ
  • i7-8550U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, MX150 - 5699 ВҐ
  • i7-8550U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD PCIe, MX150 - 6499 ВҐ
  • R5-3500U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, Vega 8 - 3999 ВҐ
  • R5-3500U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD, Vega 8 - 4299 ВҐ
  • R7-3700U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD, Vega 10 - 4599 ВҐ
  • i3-8145U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, UHD 620 - price not announced
  • i5-8265U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD, MX250 - price not announced

Everyone after i7 on the list goes with PCIe SSD
In addition, the 2019 models received NFC for transferring files to Huawei devices using Magic Link.

* About SATA and PCIe - all SSDs in this notebook are in M.2 format, but they communicate with the board through different buses. SATA is often up to 600 MB / s for sequential read and write, while PCIe allows you to get 2.5 GB or more, depending on the specific model. The laptop supports both those, and others, i.e. you can buy a laptop with a SATA drive and put PCIe in it to get the best responsiveness of the system and applications.
Outside China (in particular in the USA) is sold under the name Huawei Matebook D 14 ". Laptops are identical.

Single-page BIOS (UEFI with old interface, English is, virtualization support is also present).
Attached Image

The PC Manager is preinstalled on the laptop, which contains all the information about the hardware, with it you can directly download driver and BIOS updates. Despite the Chinese homeland of the laptop, this application tries on the language of the system and works fine in Russian, although some sections remain untranslated.

Intel version without cover (longer tubes and more capacitors to power the MX150):
Attached Image

AMD version:
Attached Image

Drivers and BIOS
Drivers for Matebook D 14 "and Honor Magicbook are interchangeable
On the US site Huawei:
FOR INTEL VERSIONS
FOR AMD VERSIONS
On the Chinese site Honor:
In the search we drive Magicbook (Ruilong = AMD)
Reviews and Comparisons
Where can one buy?
Useful

Post has been editedDramcryx - 31.08.19, 18:09
Reason for editing: git commit -m "well, at least so"

Rep: (97)
Lukovsky @ 10/12/18, 19:49*
Vegas

This gentleman is not friends with AMD :(
And about the gigabyte archive, this is thanks to the crutch Infinity Fabric

I just tested in a different scenario. A small bioinformatics project written in C ++ compiles and sorts pointers (in the amount of a million or so) about twice as fast as the MacBook Pro 13 "2017 with 7300U on board (stable 0.15 seconds versus 0.27). OpenMP applied, parallelism, everything business, but purely processor power is higher at 2500U than at 7200U, you can even swing at 8250U. The task is not at all about memory.
But where memory is needed, yes, maybe the old man will strangle him (rendering and archiving depend entirely on memory). Delays of 80+ nanoseconds in 2018 are not khukh-mukhras.

Post has been editedDramcryx - 13.10.18, 00:17

So, we translate the laptop into Russian.
Sometimes it happens that you don’t want to reinstall anything. Let it be, even if you just got a laptop, but you want to leave it like it was from the factory (although Windows is such a wonderful system that after a while it stably fills up with garbage and reinstalling it no longer seems such a lazy venture). To do this, make our system multilingual. And it’s paid, but inexpensive - we can keep it at $ 10.
Before you start - classic disclaimer
The author is not responsible for your money, the condition of the computer before, during and after the procedure described below
Let's get started
The first thing we need is to find a key on eBay
We drive into the search for "Windows 10 Pro" and look for keys within 600 rubles (usually up to 450). We carefully read the description! If saidNo upgrade || Fresh installation ONLY - SKIP! We need a key to upgrade the system. Typically, in the descriptions of such lots, sellers write "100% upgrade from Windows 10 Home" or similar phrases in bourgeois ( for example, such a lot )
Find, buy. We look at the mail on which the eBay account is recorded, do not forget about the "Spam" folder!
Next, drive the key
I can not give screenshots in Chinese, because I translated the system and only then thought of helping the rest (genius, not otherwise). Therefore, I outline the buttons where you need to poke.
1) go to the parameters, following the screenshots, drive the key
accompanying picture
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

2) after driving in the key, the system will check it on the server and give a message that the system has been successfully activated. We agree by clicking on the button
accompanying picture
Attached Image

3) wait for the system to download the upgrade package (percentages will run), then it will automatically reboot
4) after the reboot, we’ll follow the information about the system to make sure the operation is successful (I do it from the desktop, instead of “home” you should say “Pro”)
accompanying picture
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

5) then go to the language settings, select "add language" and write russian in the window that appears
accompanying picture
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

6) we make sure that a checkmark is marked at the top and click install
accompanying picture
Attached Image

7) during the installation process under the selected area you will have a terrible red inscription - it roughly translates as "a reboot is required to change the language"
accompanying picture
Attached Image

8) after a successful download of the package, reboot
9) if on the desktop you saw the treasured "Basket" in Russian - you have achieved 99% success, the last step remains
10) click on the search, write "Control Panel" and go into it
accompanying picture
Attached Image

11) select the item "Regional standards" ->"Additionally"
accompanying picture
Attached Image
Attached Image

12) "Copy settings"
accompanying picture
Attached Image

13) put a checkmark on both items and click "OK"
accompanying picture
Attached Image

14) reboot, see that the login screen is now also in Russian
All! Now your nubuck is in Russian!

Post has been editedDramcryx - 21.10.18, 15:28

Rep: (112)
I do not quite understand why you need to buy a key. I just put the language pack on English Windows and that's it.
But in the end, I still demolished everything and installed it from the Russian installer.

* lukovsky , on the Chinese Windows will not allow to put a tick "install as the language of the system", it simply does not

Posted on 10/16/2018, 11:56:

* lukovsky that is, the American version is most likely multilingual

Post has been editedDramcryx - 16.10.18, 12:30

Rep: (10)
I decided to order from the American warehouse, unfortunately the visa card did not pass, since newegg does not accept international cards, I will try the mastercard world (there is infa that it rolls). And who has the experience of shipping from the United States? Which intermediary can I use? I am considering the options of Pochtoy com, or the Parcel, the latter is 10-15% more expensive, but I ordered it through it the only time, but for a very long time.

* kolyan56 I took through litemf. Delivery with insurance came out $ 63.69 liked much more than ShopFans, which used to be. Somehow everything is more logical, clearer and faster. And in my opinion even cheaper.
Take a look at the options on eBay. There are both new and used. And any cards are accepted and PayPal.

* lukovsky By the way, for 37 thousand there are quite clean options on AMD with a touchscreen, not bad. If only delivery was cheap

* lukovsky, 600 $ + 3 $ delivery comes out in a newegg store with a promotional code, all the more it is a large store, and on ebay sellers with 100 reviews and with an unpacked laptop, saying that it is new.

* kolyan56 , for 3 bucks they won’t bring his weight to Russia, and to the intermediary’s warehouse I took mine on eBay brand new with Free shipping to USA.

* kolyan56 so take in China through an intermediary. If there is a good one, then almost the entire procedure will cost you $ 650

Can I add to the header? OnAmazonappeared for $ 607.
Guys, I'm sorry, but I do not trust the Chinese and Chinese intermediaries, you can call me paranoid, but it is better to order from the USA, especially since there will be a multilingual Windows.

Post has been editedkolyan56 - 18.10.18, 23:03

* kolyan56,
Yes, I fully understand you.
It was somehow so interesting that the situation with intermediaries in the States is much more transparent than in China, although the latter is closer.

P.S. "largest possible clickpad for a 14-inch notebook"
Thin marketing is simply because the MacBook Pro is not 14 ". Tricky, crafty, but brilliant Chinese.
But it is worth recognizing that for the version with a touchscreen a very good price tag. I would turn it off anyway, but I would not refuse glass.

Post has been editedDramcryx - 19.10.18, 03:46

Rep: (19)
* Dramcryx , Correct the hat. Bios are not legacy. There is a partitioning of gpt disks (legacy cannot). This is uefi millet with the old interface.

* sergo1217,
repaired, thanks for the amendment

I ordered on Amazon (AMD with a touch) for $ 599.93, I waited for the discount) through the parcel.

Post has been editedkolyan56 - 22.10.18, 18:48

* kolyan56,
Class! Cheaper than mine without a wheelbarrow from China :)

For some reason, this version (Ryzen) disappeared from Volmart, although at the start of sales it was announced as Walmart exclusive.
And from the Huawei site they also sawed it, leaving only the intel versionhttps://consumer.huawei.com/en/laptops/

It is strange that the shop was turned so quickly.

* lukovsky,
Well, in general, it's not scary, the main thing is that the page with firewood is in place

Rep: (3)
So my "book of magic" came to me.
I took a version with AMD and 512 GB NVMe from Tmall through an intermediary (yeah, it was her, not SATA 256, but it turned out to be about $ 90 more expensive).

Here are the measurements of the disk speed and its description:
Attached Image
Attached Image

And here is the description of the CPU (AIDA64 CPUID):
Attached Image

What is cool is that charging is carried out via USB Type-C, and through it you can connect the phone (wire included).
And so, everything is super, as I wanted.

It remains to figure out what to do with Chinese Windows.

Post has been editedGRomR1 - 27.10.18, 08:57

* GRomR1, cool cool. My American Matebook on Ryzen with 256Gb is much more modest
Attached Image
Attached Image

I correctly understand that the connection connector for both of these drives is identical - M2, and if my drive is waved to NVME, will the speeds be the same as yours? Or is there a bus bandwidth limit?

Post has been editedlukovsky - 27.10.18, 14:58

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 2:27 p.m.