Attached Image
The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Photo device
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Specifications

• Screen: 14 ", widescreen (16: 9) IPS display with a resolution of Full HD 1920 Г— 1080 (157 ppi, occupies 81% of the front panel), viewing angle 178 В°, color gamut NTSC 45%, brightness 250 nits, contrast ratio 800: 1, screen opening angle of 177 В°;
  • Processor (depending on configuration):
    • Intel Core i7-8550U , 1.8 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 4.0 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 8 threads, 8 Mb L3 cache);
    • Intel Core i5-8250U , 1.6 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 3.4 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 8 threads, L3 cache 6 MB);
    • Intel Core i3-8145U , 2.1 GHz (2 cores with a frequency of up to 3.9 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 4 streams, L3 cache 4 Mb);
    • Intel Core i5-8265U , 1.6 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 3.9 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 8 threads, L3 cache 6 Mb);
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2500U , 2.0 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 3.6 GHz, 8 threads, L3 cache 4 Mb);
    • AMD Ryzen 5 3500U , 2.1 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 3.7 GHz, 8 threads, L3 cache 4 Mb);
    • AMD Ryzen 7 3700U , 2.3 GHz (4 cores with a frequency of up to 4.0 GHz, 8 threads, L3 cache 4 MB);

• Graphics chip (depending on configuration):
    • discrete graphics cards
      • NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2 Gb ;
      • NVIDIA GeForce MX250 2 Gb ;

• integrated graphics
      • Intel UHD Graphics 620 ;
      • AMD Vega 8 Mobile ;
      • AMD Vega 10 Mobile ;

• RAM: 8 Gb DDR3L 2133 MHz (for Intel processors), 8 Gb DDR4 2400 MHz (AMD 2500U), 8 GB DRR4 2666 (AMD 3000) dual-channel (30 Gb / s read / write);
  • ROM: 512/256 GB SSD (SATA / PCIe M.2);
  • Battery: non-removable lithium-polymer (Li-Poly), capacity 57 Wh В· up to 12 hours of playback of Full HD video, up to 13 hours of work with documents, up to 12 hours of web browsing; supported power supply - 5V2A, 9V2A, 12V2A, 15V3A, 20V3.25A;
  • Wireless technology: Intel 2x2 dual-channel antenna, maximum speed of 867 Mbit / s, compatible with 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, support for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies; Bluetooth 4.1;
  • Sound: Stereo speakers in the amount of 4 pieces (power not specified), support for Dolby Atmos technology;
  • Camera Frontal: 1.0 MP with support for video calls in the resolution of HD 1280x720;
  • Ports: 1 x Type-C (data transfer rate up to 5 Gb / s), 1 x USB 3.0 (on the left side), 1 x USB 2.0 (on the right side), 1 x HDMI (1.4 for Intel, 2.0 for AMD - thanks vladi710 ), 1 x 3.5 mm combo connector;
  • Body Material: aluminum;
  • Cooling: 1 cooler, 2 pipes for heat dissipation and 2 air vents;
  • The fingerprint is not available in versions with an AMD 2500U processor
  • Dimensions (mm): 323 x 221 x 15.8 (15.9 for the touchscreen version);
  • Weight: ≈1.45 kg (1.57 kg for the touchscreen version);
  • Available colors: Mystic Silver (silver), Space Gray (dark gray), Pure Nebula (lilac);
  • Equipment: Notebook, Type-C-Type-C cable, 65 W power supply, user manual.
  • NFC 2019
additional information
The following configurations are officially sold:
  • R5-2500U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, Vega 8 - 3999 ВҐ -outdated
  • R5-2500U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD PCIe, Vega 8, touchpad - 4599 ВҐ -outdated
  • i5-8250U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, UHD 620 - 4799 ВҐ
  • i5-8250U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, MX150 - 4999 ВҐ
  • i5-8250U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD PCIe, MX150, touchpad - 5699 ВҐ
  • i7-8550U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, MX150 - 5699 ВҐ
  • i7-8550U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD PCIe, MX150 - 6499 ВҐ
  • R5-3500U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, Vega 8 - 3999 ВҐ
  • R5-3500U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD, Vega 8 - 4299 ВҐ
  • R7-3700U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD, Vega 10 - 4599 ВҐ
  • i3-8145U, 8 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD, UHD 620 - price not announced
  • i5-8265U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD, MX250 - price not announced

Everyone after i7 on the list goes with PCIe SSD
In addition, the 2019 models received NFC for transferring files to Huawei devices using Magic Link.

* About SATA and PCIe - all SSDs in this notebook are in M.2 format, but they communicate with the board through different buses. SATA is often up to 600 MB / s for sequential read and write, while PCIe allows you to get 2.5 GB or more, depending on the specific model. The laptop supports both those, and others, i.e. you can buy a laptop with a SATA drive and put PCIe in it to get the best responsiveness of the system and applications.
Outside China (in particular in the USA) is sold under the name Huawei Matebook D 14 ". Laptops are identical.

Single-page BIOS (UEFI with old interface, English is, virtualization support is also present).
Attached Image

The PC Manager is preinstalled on the laptop, which contains all the information about the hardware, with it you can directly download driver and BIOS updates. Despite the Chinese homeland of the laptop, this application tries on the language of the system and works fine in Russian, although some sections remain untranslated.

Intel version without cover (longer tubes and more capacitors to power the MX150):
Attached Image

AMD version:
Attached Image

Drivers and BIOS
Drivers for Matebook D 14 "and Honor Magicbook are interchangeable
On the US site Huawei:
FOR INTEL VERSIONS
FOR AMD VERSIONS
On the Chinese site Honor:
In the search we drive Magicbook (Ruilong = AMD)
Reviews and Comparisons
Where can one buy?
Useful

Post has been editedDramcryx - 31.08.19, 18:09
Reason for editing: git commit -m "well, at least so"

Rep: (97)
I purchased this device and thought that it would be necessary to start a topic, otherwise Xiaomi got rid of this, despite the fact that this one is not worse than Air 13.3 "(and sometimes better at all)

I will try to briefly explain the difference with Xiaomi Notebook Air 13.3 "in the benefits of each.

Xiaomi Notebook Air has advantages relative to the MagicBook in the following:
  • Any equipment has a PCIe SSD, i.e. drive speeds are measured at 2+ Gb / s for reading and writing(2019 Magicbook, however, too)
  • It has a smoother and closer on the device to the MacBook trackpad
  • The display is covered with glass and has a much wider color gamut (almost 50% more)
  • The notorious MacBook test passes - it opens with one hand

Honor MagicBook has advantages regarding Mi Notebook Air in the following:
  • There is a cheaper version with an AMD processor, which is slightly inferior in performance to the 8250U without discrete graphics
  • Dual-channel RAM in any of the versions (Air, for unclear reasons, has only one channel - no more than 15 Gb / s for reading and writing)
  • No throttling due to better heat dissipation
  • 46% more battery and as much more autonomy (57 Wh * 39 versus 39 Wh * h)
  • Versions with a similar bundle of processor-graphics card are cheaper (4999 ВҐ against 5399 ВҐ for 8250U + MX150, for example)
  • For lovers of special sensations, there are versions with a touch panel.

Post has been editedDramcryx - 17.07.19, 18:51

Rep: (0)
* Dramcryx ,
What are your personal impressions?

The brightness of the screen with different lighting, marzichno, heats it?

What do you like and what not?

* Hoppe007 General impressions - I would not have found it better for this money.
As for brightness, then 250 nit in bright sunshine will certainly be missed. No, you will see the picture, but dim. In high school during the day somehow I was convinced of this.
The case itself is not easily soiled, but the plastic part in which the display is framed is framed. It can be cleaned, but it is better not to soil it.
Regarding the heating, I did not see CPU temperatures above 73 degrees at maximum load. In general, control is tuned to maintain the high frequency as long as possible. That is, the sound of the cooling system will become noticeable already at 63 degrees (the processor, of course, is loaded with something, at a mere 45 degrees), but the frequency will be 3.3-3.4 GHz.

What you liked:
1) appearance. It does not look cheap at all, of course, that the MacBook is very similar, but the materials are not the worst (the case is, of course, stamped, not frezirovanny).
2) sound. At maximum volume, the speakers begin to swallow some frequencies, but this is more the fault of the driver, who is trying to make them even louder, the sound is wonderful at 80% of the volume and still very loud.
3) display. He does not claim to be the title of even a good IPS matrix with such indicators of color rendition, but it is not bad and pleasant, better than some flagships of smartphones of previous years with IPS.
4) keyboard. It is very, very similar in sensation to MacBook's to butterfly. Writing on it is very nice.
5) autonomy. Naturally, the stated 12-13 hours are achieved only under conditions convenient to the manufacturer. The average load (no matter how extensive this concept is), will eat the battery in 6-7 hours. I have enough of my head, but it already depends on you.

What did not like:
1) the software for managing firewood is pleasant at first glance, but sometimes it loads the processor with some kind of messaging service (to the PRC server, of course)
2) although it does not depend on Huawei, but the situation with the drivers for AMD is very complicated and unpleasant, you should look for drivers not on the AMD website, but in the Microsoft updates catalog. Not comme il faut.

Again, I simply wouldn’t have found it better in the Russian market, therefore consider that I have nothing to find fault with.

Post has been editedDramcryx - 04.10.18, 10:04

* Dramcryx ,
Fine!

How does a fingerprint show itself? Do blackouts happen? If so, what percentage?

Do I need to rearrange Windows to change the language to English?

* Hoppe007 , I have a version with AMD, for the "thrifty" dactyloscope was not delivered :-(. And the Chinese reviews tell a little about the scanner in the Intel versions.
About Windows. From the factory monolingual, of course. If you do not want to buy a key on ebay (it is not necessarily fresh install), then you will have to reinstall it, otherwise you can make an upgrade and install the language pack, which I did, not regretting 381 rubles :-)

Post has been editedDramcryx - 04.10.18, 13:22

Rep: (3)
Damn, cool beech. I think to buy a version with AMD. Sorry for the extra graphics card money.
Found only ongeekbuying.
On Ali, it simply does not exist, gb does not send to the Russian Federation.
* Dramcryx What do you think about this? Where did you get it?
Did you not measure the speed of the disk? What is there in general?

Do you think Linux will rise?

* GRomR1 , worth SanDisk X600, as I said, SATA, did not make measurements (theoretically should be 550/500 for sequential read / write).
I bought through an intermediary china-towns. I cannot recommend them because of the low reliability of their working methods, but everything went well with me.
Tomorrow, most likely, I will pick up options for buying it and make a post. Subscribe to the topic, let's develop competition Xiaomi. ;)

Post has been editedDramcryx - 04.10.18, 23:10

Dramcryx @ 10/05/18, 01:09*
Tomorrow, most likely, I will pick up options for buying it and make a post. Subscribe to the topic, let's develop competition Xiaomi.

Super! I will wait.

* GRomR1 so, well, I'm going to write. I hope that in an hour I will do

So, let's understand what ways of purchase exist today.

Price color code -profitable, average, expensive.
Accounting for the profitability of prices is only for the laptop itself

Group 0. Officials of the Russian Federation
Boring and unprofitable, but with a guarantee and the Russian language without dancing with tambourines

I.Huawei Store
R5-2500U
i5-8250 + MX150

Ii.DNS and Technopoint
Filter for DNS
Filter for TechnoPoint

Iii.Citylink
Filter for Citylink

Group 1. Direct purchase
The following sites will deliver a laptop to Russia directly

I.Aliexpress
Beneficial depending on the lot
Filter for AliExpress

Ii.Jd global
At the time of editing does not have a version with Ryzen 3000
Filter for JD

Iii.Gearbest
Filter for Gearbest

Group 2. Purchase through intermediaries from domestic Chinese sites
Out of competition, if you have a connection with China or an inexpensive and proven intermediary. Even with the work of some intermediaries, the purchase may be cheaper than the most inexpensive ways to purchase directly.

I.Jd
A whole zoo of duplicate lots
Filter for China Internal JD

Ii.Tmall
Filter for domestic TMall China

Iii.Taobao(in fact, tooTmall)
Zoo similar to JD
Filter for Taobao

Group 3. Hardcore

Purchase Huawei version from the States. Of the bonuses - English from the factory, like all settings.

I.Newegg
Different versions to choose from

Post has been editedDramcryx - 17.07.19, 19:05
Reason for editing: Freshen up under 2019

Now I will try to describe my personal buying experience.
I expected in advance that I would buy from China through an intermediary, but the most difficult step was precisely the choice of intermediary, because everything is simple with shops in China.
I hope that this is not considered an advertisement, at least for the simple reason that II can not recommend this intermediary because of such extremely unreliable methods as payment on the card. But if you are brave, then read on. :)
So, I chose a laptop on Tmall - AMD without a touchscreen in the official store Honor (see here), now let me describe the manual.
0) Choose where in China we will buy a laptop from the link above (or just in the previous post)
1) We register on the site of the intermediary chosen by me:
reseller website

2) Go to the point"Make an order" :
accompanying picture
Attached Image

3) Click"Add product" :
accompanying picture
Attached Image

4) Insert the link and wait until the system processes it, we get about that)
accompanying picture
Attached Image

5) Choose a complete set and correct the cost, and also select additional. options as needed. In the comments, specify the desired equipment and its price just in case. Push"Add product" :
accompanying picture
Attached Image

6) After adding you will be displayed the price for the laptop and its redemption, click"Further" :
accompanying picture
Attached Image

7) Fill in the data of the address to be sent and select the transport company. For cities of federal importance, choose a nearby region as such (Leningrad region. For St. Petersburg, for example). It's not so scary, when you send everything will be written correctly. We click"Further" .

Now we are waiting for one of the operators to issue an invoice (follow the messages at the icon near the order). Then the worst begins - you will need to pay by transfer to the card, this is not very reliable, which is why I recommend that you think carefully and assess the risks. I have already ordered a second laptop and I personally had no problems, the staff work quickly, but the situations are different.

8) You will be sent a message with the amount to transfer, card number and cardholder. We pay. No comments in the translation.
9) After the transfer, save the check (the same Sberbank offers online to save it as a picture, or you can take a screenshot) and send it to private messages. You will be credited with the amount on your balance, the order status will change to"Paid" and after the redemption procedure by the intermediary - on "Redeemed" .
9.1) If suddenly the goods run out of stock, then you will be offered the same from another site (for example, the second laptop I ordered ended when I made the order, I was offered to buy it out with JD).
10) We are waiting for the laptop to be"In Stock" (delivery in China usually takes less than a week). After that, you will be sent photos of the included laptop and will be billed for its delivery. We pay similarly to paragraph 8.
11) After payment we expect from 3 to 6 days, while the laptop will be transferred across the Russian-Chinese border. 3 more days we wait, while the laptop will be sent by the transport company chosen by you (TK). You will be sent a photo of the invoice received from TC, where the track number will be indicated. At this point, the redemption process ends, now we are waiting for its delivery in the Russian Federation.

Post has been editedDramcryx - 05.10.18, 20:25

The next post in the plans to describe the process of translation into Russian. Everything is similar to Xiaomi laptops, but there I did not find a paid option with an upgrade of the system without reinstalling. Why is this option needed? Well, for paranoids like me who still consider re-formatting an SSD as a bad procedure, incl. for his resource.
I will do in the weekend.

* Dramcryx Awesome work done! Thank.
Aboutgeekbuyingforgot to mention.

But still, how much did it cost you to send in the way you chose? And how much time did she take?
I correctly understood that in this way you wanted to exclude possible problems with Russian Post?

And yet, do you have a version with AMD and without a fingerprint scanner? Or is it, but not working?
You write that
Dactyloscope is not available in versions with an AMD processor.
But on thisvideoshown that he is. Maybe you just so lucky?

I also discovered that there is a version withAMD + 512 SSD NVMe. Is it true?

Definitely want this beech =))

* GRomR1 I will add geekbuying tomorrow.
All together cost about 44 thousand rubles. And yes, I still used the services of the Russian Post, sending was EMS.
Why mediator? Because it is trite cheaper (or the same) than for $ 650 on JD.
Only I did not know the delivery of JD, so I did not.
The whole process took about two weeks from start to finish (EMS work from Zabaikalsk to St. Petersburg - 4 days, shipping + shipping - 4 days, the same delivery in China + a day for payment and a day for intermediary work).

I’ll look at the 512 GB version tomorrow, I don’t remember that it was, perhaps it’s a trick of the seller :)
But instead of the touchscreen is also a good bonus.

Post has been editedDramcryx - 06.10.18, 02:41

* GRomR1,
I searched for 512 GB with Ryzen officially not.
Perhaps this is such an option from the seller, since the replacement procedure for the SSD is one of the elementary in a modern laptop, but very few people want to do it themselves.
And the price for this case in a particular case is very acceptable.

Post has been editedDramcryx - 06.10.18, 13:42

* Dramcryx ,
Are looking forward to :)

Rep: (112)
I also have this laptop. He took in the States. Version with AMD Ryzen and touchscreen. If anyone is interested - ask.
I thought to take it to replace my MacBook because The need for Mac OS has disappeared. But comparing their forehead-to-forehead, I realized that the machine does not reach the apple for the quality of performance and the screen, even for its money and is very good. Left his wife. It seems happy :)
Vinoudu Russified (was English) installing the language pack. But localization in this way is not complete. Then he demolished everything, including the recovery section and installed the Russian system from scratch. Activation picked up by itself.

Posted 11/10/2018 at 21:12:

GRomR1 @ 10/05/18 22:58*
But this video shows what it is. Maybe you just so lucky?

This is not a fingerprint, but just a power button. I confirm that there is no print on the AMD version!

Lukovsky @ 11.10.18, 20:10*
But comparing their forehead-to-forehead, I realized that the machine does not reach the apple for the quality of performance and the screen, even for its money and is very good

Well, yes, I also compared the classmate with Pro 13 ". There will be a better case, the display, of course, is better. But the power is less, greedy apples cheated the version without a touchbar, without putting at least 8250U, which is already there 8259U in the version with the touchbar .
Do you have a multi-lingual Windows version of Huawei?

UPD: By the way, what turned out to be really good was the keyboard. Very, very old-fashioned, maybe it's a taste, but the butterfly didn't come to me.

Post has been editedDramcryx - 12.10.18, 12:57

Rep: (112)
* Dramcryx Otnyut. I have a 13 "Late 2013 (Released in 2014) Core i5 4288U, 8 Gb RAM, 512 SSD.
Along with Mac OS, Windows 10 is in the bootkamp. I work in it most of the time. For the test, I installed the Vegas video editing program on the MacBook and Matebook and set the same project to render. Mac completed the task 20 percent faster. The same thing happened when creating a gigabyte archive from small files. It turns out that four-year-old intel was doing fresh Ryzen :) But it is noticeable only in demanding tasks. In household daily use, the difference is not visible. I did not test in games since never a gamer. Huawei also strives to turn on cooling propellers at every opportunity. Mac stoically holds on to the last and begins to twist them when it is completely unbearable.
Vinada when buying stood English Win 10 Home. The laptop is for the American market. I demolished it and put the Russian 10 Home. Everything fell without dancing with tambourines and activated itself.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/14/19, 14:56