Linux, what do you think the best environment should look like?

Rep: (6)
Maybe the topic is not particularly hot among ordinary users. But among the most users to the Linux systems often occur holivary on the best DE.

Recently, despite the interview Ton Rosendahl (blender developer), he said that in the open source developer rarely think about the interface. And that's the truth, as for me ...

Look at most of the DE they look like a relic of the past: the old and the curve design, skeuomorph and lack most of the animations. The linux DE trying to be beautiful, or merely convenient (as anyone, but having svistoperdelok comfortable for me is important)

So what I mean ... Do you think that if DE should look attractive and beautiful? And how should it look like?
Or in Linux should be only console?

IMHO:
The best environment - Aqua from MacOS, the same of GNOME, only people.

Rep: (100)
Osirez @ 18.09.18, 08:34*
but the presence of svistoperdelok comfortable for me it is important to

Compiz still the same trait when they gave ground. Beautiful, but to no avail.
the same of GNOME, only people.

And no good from the gnomes?

Rep: (6)
* Alex Klein Gnome good DE, but as for me, they are too far gone too far with "his vision". Dopilivat need for a comfortable ...

Rep: (40)
Osirez @ 18.09.2018, 08:34*
Is DE should look attractive and beautiful

That is not why ?! Let both linupse - disgusting and absurd :-D

Rep: (759)
XFCE as for me de best. Using the rat and the plasma, the plasma is stably eats 1 gig RAM, and once a day and so will fall. When a rat all zhelezobetonno stable, and it takes only 300 mb.

ayde_f @ 18.09.18, 15:42*
When a rat all zhelezobetonno stable, and it takes only 300 mb.

A-perdelki whistles? :)

Rep: (759)
* Alex Klein What is meant by the whistles? I have only two panels, the first to switch tasks, the second as a dock where fixed commonly used garbage. Any applets, docks, no widgets.

Rep: (200)
My personal IMHO.
(Always I fought for maximum performance and was against the beautiful ryushek, zhruschey resources. But to simple graphical shells all software runs !!!).

Best distribution - is one that is built on XFCE or generally on OpenBox.
Are obtained as quickly as distributions.
now itself become attached to distributions Runtu - precisely because of their ease, and their ability to run any software.

But that's all I dream to go to some easy Debian distribution.
Love supersteady, licked to a mirror shine code, and very rare renovation.
Always I have been a fan of the eternal values ​​rather than immediate short-term svistelok.

Post has been editedmkudritsky - 22.09.18, 05:47

Rep: (12)
IMHO:
KDE. I take the second year and even went to the KDE Neon distribution. Laptop is not weak, of course, and at the same time on any DE see any bugs or flaws. But KDE compensates its customization

Rep: (0)
Archlinux become like a native. At first it was not familiar, strange time to fix it in the desired direction.

Rep: (91)
The linux DE trying to be beautiful, or merely convenient
In terms of convenience, all have come up in the days of Windows 95, and beautiful-not beautiful it is vkusovschina, the same theme and icons in any de change is not a problem. In general xfce I was completely satisfied.
Alex Klein @ 18.09.18, 15:47*
A-perdelki whistles?
So to xfce compiz it is also possible to fasten.

Rep: (279)
Oh, how I went through the environments. But get off the kde and could not. I understand all his faults, and therefore looking for a replacement. And it does not exist in nature.

Rep: (2561)
Xfce = easy and fast :)

Rep: (41)
And how should it look like?

user @ localhost: ~ $

* Half past one, so this environment is in any distribution!
Starts in the schedule any terminal program, and - that's it! : D
Incidentally, I often use the terminal: MC-accustomed to file managers on pseudographics. And even in the MC files are deleted immediately and not moved first into the basket.

All

It has long been sitting on Linux Debian LXDE 32bit / 64bit 9. * (actual 9.12) on OpenBox (two laptops - one with 32bit, 64bit and the other with iron architectures).
These distributions are slightly slower than the fastest Ubuntu clones OpenBox. (But somewhere and faster!)
That dug out the minuses: on laptops is not regulated by the brightness of the display standard keys (Fn + F6 and Fn + F7 - like so), one of the laptops does not work the fingerprint reader (if you try to install the software for it - says that the software is too old) , does not install the Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.5 (also writes that the software is too old).
And the rest is all plow!

Summary: for beginners better lung clones Ubuntu still nothing has been invented! I recommend Runtu on OpenBox or XFCE.
Everything works and provides install any software, including and the old.

P.S. I switched to Debian, as it was his plan to eventually set to work instead of Windows 7.
And so I would set a new version Runtu OpenBox ...

Post has been editedmkudritsky - 04.04.20, 06:44

Rep: (9)
Put Simple linux 9, all there is now good. And the design and programs.

mkudritsky @ 04.04.20, 06:41*
And so I would set a new version Runtu OpenBox ...

No problem. I mean OpenBox on Debian.

Alex Klein @ 25.04.20, 16:56*
I mean OpenBox on Debian

Well it is clear!
For Debian, there is even a completely official version of LXDE on OpenBox.
(However, I can not remember everything right - I do not exclude that there should be selected when installing the button: OpenBox, XFCE, KDE or Gnome I chose OpenBox..)

Debian There is another problem.
Due to the increased requirements in the distribution to software packages quality here without dancing with a tambourine did not manage to put the number of the packet, such as: Adobe Acrobat Reader (alas, Adobe has thrown its Reader for Linux to version 8.5, and it's not like the curators of the Debian distribution) well, or a fingerprint reader on my beech Sony Vaio TX3XRP / B (software support complete year that way in 2011, and it was carried out by one enthusiast).

With regard of Ubuntu, here, as far as I know, there is no version OpenBox.
And what do I do if I like the classic interface a la Win-98, Win XP, Win 7? And while I love that they are very light ...
So we have to use the clones light Ubuntu, where there OpenBox, - for example, Runtu.
And with all the delicious buns from Ubuntu and remain on its clones - for example, no problems are placed from third-party repositories Adobe Reader 8.5 or a fingerprint reader ...

Rep: (36)
And how should it look like?

I liked the environment ofLinux Deepin 20 beta.

screenshot
Attached Image

mkudritsky @ 26.04.20, 07:57*
With regard of Ubuntu, here, as far as I know, there is no version OpenBox.

It is possible and there.
And then there Lubuntu. However, there is now LXQT, but 18.04 is still relevant.
mkudritsky @ 26.04.20, 07:57*
Debian There is another problem.

At Demian have a problem, but in most cases they can be solved. If Cho, so it is possible buntovskie turnip
connect only with versions of packages is necessary to understand. Another thing is that it takes time and nerves.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 14/06/20, 20:10