EKEN V50 Pro - Discussion | Ambarella A12 / Sony IMX258 / 4K30 - 1080p60 / 2 "LCD

Rep: (234)
DiscussionEKEN V50 Pro
Alfawise V50 Pro / Tencent WeiShi
Official site | Discussion пїЅ

Attached Image

Device description
This 4K action camera was created as a result of cooperation between EKEN and the Chinese megacorporationTencent. The technical stuffing is a bundle of the well-known Ambarella A12 processor, capable of processing and recording video in 4K resolution (3840x2160) at 30 fps, and a new Sony IMX258 CMOS sensor on the market of action cameras.
Device characteristics
Processor: Ambarella A12
Sensor: 1/3 "13Mp Sony IMX258
Lens: viewing angle 170 degrees, 6 e-in
Screen: LCD 2 inches
Modes of video recording: 4K / 30fps, 2.5K30, 1080P / 60fps, 720P / 120fps
Wireless interfaces: WiFi b / g / n, RF 2.4
Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB
Dimensions: 59.3 x 41.4 x 21.4 mm
Weight: 65 g
Battery: 1050 mAh

• Before posting read the message Video section rules
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 29.10.18, 16:40

Rep: (0)
Hello everybody! Maybe someone can help, bought this device. At the time of shooting the video, the battery sat down, and the camera did not record this video on the card. Through the file recovery tools, I see the video I need on the memory card, but after restoring this file, it is incorrect and as a result it cannot be played. Is it possible to bring this file to mind? thank you in advance!

Rep: (1)
Hello colleagues. An interesting camera for iron, I would like to order as a registrar for a motorcycle. Tell me, is there stabilization and loop recording in it? The description of the chip indicated Electronic Image Stabilization and tilt correction, but did not find any answers in the description of the camera.

Rep: (1392)
* pupkind There is no stabilization.

Rep: (0)
When connecting the camera to the laptop with a cord, it writes “Connecting” all the time, and it doesn’t install any drivers, sees the device as “Disk devices”, “Action cam”, but is not visible as a disk. Where in general to take Drava, searched the entire Internet.

And where does the sensor information come from? What is it IMX258?
The seller on Ali IMX078 is indicated.
And the question of stabilization, is there a gyro stabilizer in it? The seller said no.

Post has been editedrzawm - 17.03.19, 21:00

* rzawm
info about the sensor from the manufacturer.
By the way, the official site is indicated incorrectly in the header.
EKEN did not introduce these cameras, so the official website, kmk, is Alfawise.
There is no gyrostabilizer, but I have not yet figured out that it is not soldered to the board at all, or it simply is not in the software.
if soldered, then the camera is just a godsend for enthusiasts.
and so, of course, real 4k on Ambarella for $ 60, and even in this configuration, this is a gift.

Attached Image

Post has been editedmihadom - 21.03.19, 16:28

Rep: (10)
I ask for help from the owners of this camera.
I realized that it was provided by Alfawise. And he sells the camera through gearbest
I suspect that the Chinese, too, have copied it and sell it as a v50 pro but already without the inscription "Alfawise".
But the gearbest store site itself sells both the Alfawise camera and the fake v50 Pro.

Those. it turns out like this.
1-Eken itself does not release and does not support this camera (on the Eken website there is none).
2- But on the other hand, Alfawise releases it and sells it through a foreign store.
3- the same Chinese craftsmen themselves faked it (see the picture in the header of the branch).
4- As I understand it, the local inhabitants of this branch bought a Chinese fake. But her 4K shoot is real.
I looked at the samples laid out at the beginning of the branch.
It turns out today it is the most cheap camera with real 4K.
My question is this.
I fired up to go "for free" in 4k video shooting bypassing 1080x60 / 100fps.
And this is what spadwig me at it, I downloaded the original in 4k and ofigel. ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cdOrFXbVTk
He applied there
1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ze35l7CiXsstabilizer (replacement for optical stabilizers in video cameras)
It costs 5000r for aliexpress.

iSteady Pro 3 Axis

2- FireFly 8s camera, with a lens of 90 degrees without distortion.
here are the comparisons
https: //tigers-choice ....... mera-90-or-170-imx-117

It costs 8500r for aliexpress.
And we get 13500r versus real 4k video cameras at a cost>100 000 rub.
But I also wanted to reduce the price.
I don’t need bells and whistles with action shooting. Therefore, you only need a 4k camera, to it an acc and a remote control (to switch modes).
And since I will use a stabilizer, then I need a camera without it, too.
So it turns out that it is this fake v50 pro camera that suits me.
There is no stub and on Ali they sell it with a remote control for 3500r in total.
+ buy a stabilizer for 5000r
and I go out to 8500 the sum versus 13500r.
But you still need to buy the "right" lens + 1500 rubles. 8500 + 1000 = 9000r.
And for this I need the parameters of the native lens.
Those. thread etc.
Dimensions and thread, as well as the focal + aperture of the native lens of the v50 pro camera (without Alfawise inscription on the body)
How many knows these options?
Answer PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

remark
If anyone needs me, the Chinese sent me 4k at my request.
H5s plus
https://yadi.sk/i/wuXiNTvVdx6Wfw
It can shoot 1080-100fps.

Post has been editediqweqoiqd - 21.03.19, 17:34

Iqweqoiqd @ 03/21/19, 5:00 p.m.*
Dimensions and thread, as well as the focal + aperture of the native lens of the v50 pro camera (without Alfawise inscription on the body)
How many knows these options?

The regular lens is very good, but unfortunately there are no exact characteristics except for the M12 thread. By sight, something like f = 2.8mm F / 2.4. Taking into account the 1/3 "format sensor, we have about 115 degrees of horizontal viewing angle.

Post has been editednutsey - 21.03.19, 21:36

* iqweqoiqd,
Hereask about the lens parameters, the author is a photographer, he understands the questions you asked.

Nutsey @ 03/21/19, 9:29 PM*
The regular lens is very good, but unfortunately there are no exact characteristics except for the M12 thread. By sight, something like f = 2.8mm F / 2.4. Taking into account the 1/3 "format sensor, we have about 115 degrees of horizontal viewing angle.

Pupkind @ 03/21/19, 11:11 PM*
Here, ask about the parameters of the lens, the author is a photographer, he understands the questions you asked.

Thank you so much for the quick response !! I thought that no one would answer at all, I thought the branch died long ago.

1- There is an opinion-->

Attached Image

I downloaded and sprinkled it (I did not increase it by 2 times, because everything is already visible).

Attached Image

Also downloaded from here ->
EKEN V50 Pro - Discussion (Post by nutsey # 77721206)
and also made a crop and increased the crop by 2 times.

Attached Image

Then I downloaded the original from FlyFire 8S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cdOrFXbVTk
-->original ->https: //drive.google.c...eFSXBvUU80a01NLUE/view
sprinkled and also increased 2 times

Attached Image

And it turns out that the cameras are the same .. Although the WDR of the V50 Plus is not turned on by firmware,
And FlyFire 8S clearly in the manual emphasizes on WDR

Attached Image

But the manual itself says nothing about WDR neither "ON / OFF" nor how else,
and probably the same with the V50 Plus.

For example, the AKASO Brave 4 manual explicitly says WDR "ON / OFF".
But on the samples, I saw not the real WDR, but the banal ancient increase / decrease of ISO or the opening / closing of the aperture,
like the photographic mode of shooting "backlight".
because it was clearly visible that the sky was going into a bright spot, while dark places became lighter and that was it.
And so it would be like this by the managers of SONY signed “smoothly and smoothly” I did not see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDXE-dX7lbw

THIS-->percent Novatek96680 OmniVision matrix
I read in the AKASO Official Store on alliexpress.
Although the manual says SONY matrix.
I will dig further about the noise.

Post has been editediqweqoiqd - 22.03.19, 02:02

Noise due to the matrix (pixel size).
here, too, complains about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5AY_TuOXg

free cheese only in a mousetrap.
IT'S A PITY.

remark
The x256 matrix has a smaller pixel size than the x117 matrix.
I will search with x117 without a stub, etc. But for now, I immediately look towards FireFly
they immediately offer a lens, but if something else is taken from the models, then you need
prepare + 1000r minimum for the lens. Those. sewed on soap, and another question
about the contiguity of one with the other.
In short.
Goodbye!! Leaving your branch. Thanks again to all who responded !!!

Post has been editediqweqoiqd - 23.03.19, 02:33

I wanted to ask, but what about the firmware of the camera, its craftsmen have not finalized yet?

I wanted to ask, but what about the firmware of the camera, its craftsmen have not finalized yet?

In the process. So far I have raised the resolution of the photo from 12 to 13 megapixels and reduced the compression ratio of JPEG.

* nutsey,

Thanks for the answer! Tell me, what else can I modify in the firmware? As I understand it, the gyro sensor is physically absent there, but can WDR, for example, be turned on?

As I understand it, the gyro sensor is physically absent there, but can WDR, for example, be turned on?

There is no accelerometer with a probability of 99.9%. WDR on this hardware can be "invented" using scenes and digital effects, but this functionality should be involved in the firmware initially.

Posted on 03/24/2019, 17:07:

Tell me, what else can I modify in the firmware?

Well, the bitrate never hurts to raise. Shumodavs can still be adjusted ...

Rep: (3)
Hello.
There is firmware and two backups for the Alfawise EKEN V50 Pro camera.
Spread for general use.
Firmware
V50 Pro_v2.0 STD_EKIK 20180804Attached fileV50 Pro_v2.0 STD_EKIK 20180804_ Firmware.rar(23.34 MB)

Backup
V50 Pro_v2.5 STD_EKIK 20180719Attached fileEken-Alfawise-v50-pro-20180719_backup.zip(32.98 MB)

V50 Pro_v2.5 STD_EKIK 20181127Attached fileEken-Alfawise-v50-pro-20181127_backup.zip(33.06 MB)

A passing question for experts, how to fill in the backup of the firmware back to the camera?

Post has been editedvlad310 - 26.03.19, 19:20

Rep: (47)
Does 128 GB card support?
What is the maximum bitrate given at 4k30?
Will there be enough cards with a write speed of 20 MB / s?

Post has been editedChina_Post - 27.03.19, 06:38

* nutsey,
I think this can help you to write your firmware ->
Xiaomi Seabird 4K - Discussion (Post by iqweqoiqd # 83883103)
That camera has the same sensor but the percent is different.
HDR is implemented but only for photos.
If you can get the sensor control from TECH firmware and
In A12S, increase fps by 2 times, then you can try hdr to fuck in the video.
in short. there is a similar sensor with HDR IMX477 there

Attached fileIMX477-AACK_Flyer.pdf(96.81 KB)

fully realized video in HDR mode at 4k 30fps because
the sensor itself can drive 4K60fps

Post has been editediqweqoiqd - 30.03.19, 01:22

* nutsey,

bummer with HDR

Sonya has a phone with thisIMX258
And he only has HDR photos and that's it.
Those. if Sony itself didn’t do HDR on the video on this matrix
then we can’t do it.

Attached Image

Post has been editedmihadom - 02.04.19, 09:18

* nutsey,
Tell me.
After all, the ace has this camera and just without the inscription "Alfawise ".?
This is what I am for.
Some show samples with camera noises on a clear day.
Some show samples WITHOUT camera noise on a clear day.
There was a suspicion.
Like those cameras that are "real" with the inscription "Alfawise "
don't have noise.
And those cameras that are bought on Ali without an inscription are fakes and
they just have these noises.
And so I decided to find out.
The fact is that the firmware of the cameras have the inscriptions of iron in ASCI encoding.
Those. readable.
And so in the firmware you can immediately find out what hardware is there
otherwise, the firmware simply does not stand on this camera.
So I wanted to ask those who do not have the inscription "Alfawise "on camera
post here or give a link to the firmware for your camera,
which definitely got on your camera.
Eken v50 pro
Plzzzzzz

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/18/19, 11:45