EKEN V50 Pro - Discussion | Ambarella A12 / Sony IMX258 / 4K30 - 1080p60 / 2 "LCD

Rep: (234)
DiscussionEKEN V50 Pro
Alfawise V50 Pro / Tencent WeiShi
Official site | Discussion пїЅ

Attached Image

Device description
This 4K action camera was created as a result of cooperation between EKEN and the Chinese megacorporationTencent. The technical stuffing is a bundle of the well-known Ambarella A12 processor, capable of processing and recording video in 4K resolution (3840x2160) at 30 fps, and a new Sony IMX258 CMOS sensor on the market of action cameras.
Device characteristics
Processor: Ambarella A12
Sensor: 1/3 "13Mp Sony IMX258
Lens: viewing angle 170 degrees, 6 e-in
Screen: LCD 2 inches
Modes of video recording: 4K / 30fps, 2.5K30, 1080P / 60fps, 720P / 120fps
Wireless interfaces: WiFi b / g / n, RF 2.4
Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB
Dimensions: 59.3 x 41.4 x 21.4 mm
Weight: 65 g
Battery: 1050 mAh

• Before posting read the message Video section rules
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 29.10.18, 16:40

Rep: (1419)
Nutsey @ 11.25.18, 09:16*
The IMX258 cannot do this.

Lookedspecificationsorry of course ...

But we didn’t experiment whether this camera with a standard lens can give honest 60 frames in 1080p indoors under ordinary artificial light (for example, under a ~ 1200Lm lamp at a distance of 1-2m)? Shoot something like dropping a drop of water, rolling a ball, etc.?

nutsey @ 11/24/18 17:24*
The lens is really good. Changes elementary after warming the fixing substance on the thread with a hair dryer.

And which one could be delivered from not the most expensive (commensurate with the price of the camera), but good? Preferably with a variable focal length?

can this camera with a regular lens give honest 60 frames at 1080p indoors under normal artificial light

Maybe, but I would not count on a decent result. Shooting in 4K30 during the day is the hobby of this camera.

And which one could be delivered from not the most expensive (commensurate with the price of the camera), but good? Preferably with a variable focal length?

Such lenses are unknown to me. For $ 15-20 you can find a decent megapixel fix.

I looked at the specification, sorry of course ...

Although, if there was access to a full-format datasheet on this sensor, then we could try to implement modes with a higher frame rate with crop in the center without skipping / adding rows and columns of pixels.

Post has been editednutsey - 25.11.18, 16:40

Nutsey @ 11.25.18, 16:18*
Such lenses are unknown to me. For $ 15-20 you can find a decent megapixel fix.

Yes ... well, something there is all complicated and not budgetary. On the M12 with a variable focus for the 1/3 "sensor, you can not find anything higher than 3MP resolution (like 5MP for 1 / 2.7"), or try to pick up some pixaero, which is not at all budgetary. Or try to search for the lens through the adapter on the C-Mount and under it. However, it is completely incomprehensible how much the adapter will mount on the C-Mount, even if the case is pulled ...

Or am I choosing the wrong one? :) I understand correctly that you need to look for a lens under M12 (S-Mount) for a 1/3 "(1 / 3.06") sensor with an optical resolution of ~ 12-13MP (for 4K)? Just a complete novice in this matter: D Can you tell me if I'm wrong?

P.S. And the question is probably a general theoretical one about installing third-party lenses. With the same C-Mount, it’s not entirely clear whether there will be complete nonsense at the edges? Or is it just that only part of the image hits, so the lens under the C-Mount should have a higher optical resolution than the same under the M12? After all, if I understood correctly, it’s just 1/3 "and means what size of the sensor (rectangle), with other parameters (diameter, distance, etc.), a circle of light is formed to completely get on the matrix? Video, that is, how alterations like this work (e.g.How To Mod A Cheap Action Camera To Use C-Mount Lenses For Infrared Videography & Time Lapse) But while the theory is absolutely incomprehensible, how critical are the deviations in the parameters of the lenses and the influence of adapters at the edges :)

I understand correctly that you need to look for a lens under M12 (S-Mount) for a 1/3 "(1 / 3.06") sensor with an optical resolution of ~ 12-13MP

Well, yes, plus the diagonal of the sensor for which the lens is designed can change upwards, but a crop will appear (a decrease in the viewing angle with an increase in the focal length).

Post has been editednutsey - 25.11.18, 19:04

Nutsey @ 11/25/18, 16:36*
Although, if there was access to a full-format datasheet on this sensor, then we could try to implement modes with a higher frame rate with crop in the center without skipping / adding rows and columns of pixels.

I have found:
imx258.c

There is a VGA mode, i.e. 720p But in this file all modes are described for 30fps. There are 4K, 2K and VGA. I'll try to search more ...

* agcforum Well already something. I think that we should look towards Qualcomm libchromatix for IMX258 (there should be modifications for 90 and 120 fps).

Nutsey @ 11/25/18, 9:00 p.m.*
there should be modifications for 90 and 120 fps

I met with phones on this matrix mention 720p at 120fps. In my opinion, at least mi4c and lg g6. But there it is not clear whether this is a wish or reality, i.e. namely honest 120fps. From Mi4C, even videos on YouTube have slow-motion (720p / 120fps), but did not analyze them. Then, all the same, I’ll try to look at the source codes of the kernels; I couldn’t get the part about imx258 separately. In principle, it is clear from imx258.c how the mode for the matrix is ​​set. If you can watch 60fps, then it will be generally clear. From mi4c I even found the compiled library I need (libmmcamera_imx258_sunny.so), which seems to be talking about 720p / 120fps, but I didn’t find its source code separately :) And picking from the disassembler is an emergency, too much time and desire :)

Post has been editedagcforum - 25.11.18, 22:19

* agcforum it looks like the settings for 120 fps are in the files libchromatix_imx258_hfr_120.so and libchromatix_imx258_cpp_hfr_120.so.

Nutsey @ 11.26.18, 08:53*
it looks like the settings for 120 fps are in the files libchromatix_imx258_hfr_120.so and libchromatix_imx258_cpp_hfr_120.so

Seem to be. There and nearby in related libraries. Only I can’t find the source code yet. It seems that everything is proprietary, i.e. only compiled libraries without access to the sources. Later I will try to pick up the Xiaomi kernel in the sources, for example, from Mi4C. I just don’t know when I will physically manage to do this. Separately online, nothing is found ...

* agcforum this may be helpful.

Nutsey @ 11.26.18, 14:25*
this may be useful.

Unfortunately, there is only an h-file (header) by so generated. Raw materials full on c / cpp would be necessary.

However, if you don’t find it, it’s also not a complete dead end, if you really want to :) :) In essence, you will need to, most likely, pull out 2-3 register initialization arrays for the matrix mode and, maybe, the same for Ambarella itself after comparing the implementations in the firmware and in other devices. Well, stream processing on the conveyor to see if there are differences under the modes and which ones. This is not fatal, just very, very long and dreary without source codes from at least other devices. The biggest trouble is time. The initialization of the matrix itself is described in imx258.c, so there is an input point for highlighting the missing modes and associated code. So far, it’s not even more confusing, but how to put everything back into the firmware and then is it possible in principle. Now it’s not even clear whether it is possible to add a new mode, i.e. Is it necessary to “adapt” one of the standard modes for high-speed shooting, which is very bad, because there seems to be no superfluous :) My copy will come, try to see ...

Agcforum @ 11.26.18, 10:58 p.m.*
because there seems to be no unnecessary

There are 13 modes registered in the firmware, of which 5 are actually used maximum.

Nutsey @ 11.26.18, 23:15*
There are 13 modes registered in the firmware, of which 5 are actually used

Then everything is better, there is something to replace. One less problem :) Actually, stream processing for A12 for other modes also has a place to see if it differs. Fortunately, Eken on the A12 released several options with different sensors and bindings.

Post has been editedagcforum - 26.11.18, 23:38

Chromatix Libafor a very similar IMX458 sensor.

* nutsey Unfortunately, this is also in compiled form (.so). They would be found in the source code (.c / .cpp).

* agcforum Well, what is rich ... These are of undoubted value, since they are from the firmware of one of the best action cameras, and not a random Chinese phone.

Nutsey @ 2.12.18, 21:21*
These data are of undoubted value, since they are from the firmware of one of the best action cameras, and not a random Chinese phone.

Of course. Actually, if you can’t find the raws, they’ll come in handy. And if you succeed, you can, if necessary, look for the “best solutions”, since this is from a good camera.

Rep: (3)
I wanted to update the firmware, but onsavagemessiahzine.comshe is not there.
And where can I find the latest firmware on the EKEN V50 Pro?

Rep: (16)
It is interesting to buy this camera or not. Does she have any support? Or released and forgot

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/30/19, 06:38 AM