EKEN V50 Pro - Discussion | Ambarella A12 / Sony IMX258 / 4K30 - 1080p60 / 2 "LCD

Rep: (225)
DiscussionEKEN V50 Pro
Alfawise V50 Pro / Tencent WeiShi
Official site | Discussion пїЅ

Attached Image

Device description
This 4K action camera was created as a result of cooperation between EKEN and the Chinese megacorporationTencent. The technical stuffing is a bundle of the well-known Ambarella A12 processor, capable of processing and recording video in 4K resolution (3840x2160) at 30 fps, and a new Sony IMX258 CMOS sensor on the market of action cameras.
Device characteristics
Processor: Ambarella A12
Sensor: 1/3 "13Mp Sony IMX258
Lens: viewing angle 170 degrees, 6 e-in
Screen: LCD 2 inches
Modes of video recording: 4K / 30fps, 2.5K30, 1080P / 60fps, 720P / 120fps
Wireless interfaces: WiFi b / g / n, RF 2.4
Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB
Dimensions: 59.3 x 41.4 x 21.4 mm
Weight: 65 g
Battery: 1050 mAh

• Before posting read the message Video section rules
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 29.10.18, 16:40

Finally, my “prophecies” about action cameras with real 4Q30 for 70 bucks came true.

$69.99 Gearbest
$69.99 Banggood
Ali pricesfrom $ 45.98for the minimum configuration.

Rep: (47)
Firefly 8s Comparison
https://youtu.be/2rfp0j7svZ4
Ali price
Eken V50 Pro Action Camera Ambarella A12 IMX258 Sensor Real 4K 30FPS Motorcycle Camera Wi-Fi Go Waterproof Mini Sport Camera
http: //s.aliexpress.co...rmq? fromSns = Copy

Post has been editedValvin - 12.09.18, 12:06
Reason for editing: Editor

Rep: (4)
Official site soonhttps: //www.alfawise.c...o-4k-uhd-action-camera. There is no subject on the Eken website.

I'm not sure that Tencent with portrait modehttp://item.jd.com/8033819.htmlsame.

Post has been editedkocokoco - 20.09.18, 12:54

The camera on hand for several days. Impressions are positive. 4K30 day shoots very well.

Rep: (4)
The camera is on hand for a week. I agree that the day is better than one would expect. I took a timelapse at sunset, complete darkness when the phone still takes something.https://youtu.be/6D10Cd4mc_cI still do not understand how to merge backup firmware. The barn flashers see the camera, the memory check passes, but when you try to create a backup, an error occurs.

Post has been editedkocokoco - 06.10.18, 23:24
Reason for editing: Added link to tl.

* nutsey And can you put the video 1080/60, 2.5 / 30.4 / 30 short clips in the original on a Yandex or Google disk?

* kocokoco at the moment, backup of the firmware sections can only be done via telnet connection. Details here .

* Valvin, laid out on google drive .

Post has been editednutsey - 07.10.18, 16:08

* nutsey Yes, on 4K tele, more detailed 4k30 detail is noticeable on the branches, compared to 2.5k30 and, moreover, 1080p. But there is a slight noise on the building, although the weather is clear. What do you think is the reason for the sensor?

Rep: (0)
And does she have a WDR?

Dimak771 @ 10/08/18, 23:00*
but with which GoPro it can be compared in video quality at least in 1080

Hero 3 Silver.

Dimak771 @ 10/09/18 11:27*
Does she have a WDR?

No, although iron supports honest HDR.

Rep: (1320)
Can any of the owners tell you:

1. Are 64GB cards (U3 desirable) supported or not? And then it is officially written about 32GB, but Ali has descriptions, where 64GB is stated. No one tried it by chance?
2. Is it possible to still shoot indoors? A lot of artifacts in the picture or come down? :) Without special light, just ordinary lamps if you turn on?
3. And on the stabilizer nobody tried to use it? Does this solve the problem of the absence of electronic stabilization? It just seems more like the A12 doesn’t have enough power for the EIS to work correctly and for distortion correction.
4. Can a camera be removed when external power is connected? From the network or from the powerbank?

Post has been editedagcforum - 22.11.18, 17:20

1. Are 64GB cards (U3 desirable) supported or not? And then it is officially written about 32GB, but Ali has descriptions, where 64GB is stated. No one tried it by chance?

Checked Sandisk Ultra A1 and Samsung EVO Plus - work without problems. U3 is not needed here.

2. Is it possible to still shoot indoors? A lot of artifacts in the picture or come down? Without special light, just ordinary lamps if you turn on?

I am doing a modification of the firmware now, in which, among other things, there will be improvements in this area.

4. Can a camera be removed when external power is connected? From the network or from the powerbank?

Can.

nutsey @ 11/24/18 09:22*
I am doing a modification of the firmware now, in which, among other things, there will be improvements in this area.

This will be very interesting! And how much is the firmware modifiable? It is very interesting if there are sensors inside there (a gyroscope and an acceleration sensor) :) I just ordered it, more to pick it up, but to see in general how such cameras are taken. The platform itself allows you to do everything that is in the older models. If there are sensors, then EIS is theoretically possible. True, anyway, Eken EIS can not do. There would be the source code of the firmware ...

However, this device is interesting precisely because there are a lot of things cut off programmatically :) I would also like to understand the quality of the lens and the possibility of replacing it, I really want to change the focus ...

nutsey @ 11/24/18 09:22*
Checked Sandisk Ultra A1 and Samsung EVO Plus - work without problems. U3 is not needed here.

I see, thanks. That is, and 4K writes on U1? The speed then there should be enough for U1. So I understand, the question is more with the software and hardware implementation of the protocol.

And how much is the firmware modifiable?

In a very wide range, allowing you to squeeze almost "all the juice" of the available iron.

if there is also sensors inside (gyroscope and acceleration sensor)

99% that they are not there. Although there is a certain probability to stumble upon interesting specimens due to the unification of the design of the boards of several similar models.

He told her, more to pick it up, but to see as a whole how such cameras are being filmed.

For these purposes, quite a good choice.

This device is interesting because it is programmatically a bunch of things cut off

For example?

Still understand the quality of the lens and the possibility of its replacement

The lens is really good. Changes elementary after warming the fixing substance on the thread with a hair dryer.

That is, and 4K writes on U1?

Well, with the U1 cards I mentioned above, there are no problems.

nutsey @ 11/24/18 17:24*
99% that they are not there. Although there is a certain probability to stumble upon interesting specimens due to the unification of the design of the boards of several similar models.

I still can not find pictures of the board. I hope it is unification :)

nutsey @ 11/24/18 17:24*
For example?

The platform knows a lot:
http: //www.ambarella.c...A12S-Product-Brief.pdf

The question is that they did not put in iron (the same gyro sensor and accelerometer), but as the very lens. The matrix seems to be declared good, if it is really inside. And then it all comes down to how much and how you can modify the firmware (only the parameters and settings, or else the code), and also how all this is built (is there an OS, or all the firmware in the form of one program, the ability to modify the code and etc.). Honestly, I never watched action cameras. Ordered just "look" for software and hardware modifications :) Well, for utilitarian use, of course :)

whether there is an OS, or all firmware in the form of one program

There are two of them. Linux for network interfaces and RTOS for everything else.

* nutsey , thank. I looked at the main software for assembling / disassembling firmwares, at the same time I found a branch on goprawn :) If I understood correctly, there are no problems with restoring from the "brick", is there any firmware? The only thing that seems to be, ambarella sdk for a12 is not publicly available?

If you understand correctly, there are no problems with the restoration of the "brick", as well as the firmware there?

There are nuances with this. I, as a result, literally begged the manufacturer’s firmware, but its format does not imply 100% restoration of bricks in all situations.

There are nuances with this. I, as a result, literally begged the manufacturer’s firmware, but its format does not imply 100% restoration of bricks in all situations.

Clear. My copy will arrive, I will try to also connect to the process of "picking" :) 100-120 frames in 1080p are interesting for shooting fast processes with a tripod and distortion correction for the usual 30-60 frames if it is not there.

Post has been editedagcforum - 25.11.18, 00:35

Interesting 100-120 frames in 1080p

Sensor IMX258 is not able to.

and distortion correction

It is quite possible. But I'd rather try to make Superview mode with normal geometry in the center of the frame.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/11/19, 02:00