Flagship 2018 - P20 Pro vs G7 ThinQ vs OnePlus 6 vs VIVO Nex A vs ...

Rep: (64)
I rarely change phones, so I’m getting serious about buying a new one ..: D
I read and looked through a bunch of articles, topics and comparative videos, but I can't decide. There is no ideal, everyone has both chips and flaws ..
So, the budget is $ 500 - $ 700, which includes gray phones or ordered in China.
What meNo matter:
1. Ponty, name, brand. Show off the phone is not in front of anyone
2. I do not play games
3. I do not watch the video

whatimportant:
1. Modern design, i.e. as much as possible screen with as small frames as possible. Bang does not interfere if small
2. Camera
3. Moisture protection
4. Sound

Candidates:

Huawei P20 Pro($ 700 and higher in Ukraine - gray)
➕➕➕:
вњ”пёЏ Good camera. During the day is not the best, but at night tears everyone. Nearly. But what is it to permanently shoot at night? Well, when it is never necessary, but still this factor is not decisive.
вњ”пёЏ Best zoom on the market
вњ”пёЏ 4000 Mah battery
вњ”пёЏ There is moisture protection
вњ”пёЏ Beautiful))

⛔️⛔️⛔️:
вќЊ Camera merges into video. Due to the lack of stabilization, 4K is generally meaningless to take pictures, and 1080p is already sort of becoming obsolete, significantly lower than 4K in definition. It seems not a problem, but still!
вќЊ Firmware. Do not scold just lazy.
вќЊ Kirin, because of which you can not put Gcam. Of course, the native is good here, but gcam is still a thing.
вќЊ Positioning oneself as the very same camera phone on the market, a few steps ahead of absolutely all competitors, but in fact, if better than the main competitors, it is not much longer at night.
вќЊ No widescreen camera.
вќЊ No wireless charging.

LG G7 ThinQ($ 650-700 in Ukraine - gray)
Considered the LG V30 +, but the G7 seems to be almost the same, only the newer percent, the design, improved little camera and IPS.
➕➕➕:
вњ”пёЏ Excellent moisture protection, possibly the best in the class of unprotected phones. Removes under water.
вњ”пёЏ The best sound in the ears, comparable to hi-fi players, as well as the vibration of the case, which improves the sound from the external. dynamics when placed on a flat surface.
вњ”пёЏ Nice camera with reservations. The presence of breadth that immediately tears all competitors to shreds is a really cool feature. Best sound recording in video (for concerts).
вњ”пёЏ Ability to roll Gcam, then removes even better.
вњ”пёЏ IPS matrix. Spitting on the "depth of black", but the eyes (as they say) are less tired. And less fade than amold.
вњ”пёЏ Wireless charging.

⛔️⛔️⛔️:
вќЊ The camera in the dark is weaker than Huawei, video stabilization is worse than the OnePlus, there is no zoom.
вќЊ Non-removable on-screen buttons. With dances with a tambourine, they probably can be removed, but whether the gestures work as perfectly as on the same OnePlus out of the box is not clear.
вќЊ IPS matrix, consuming charge is stronger than amold for Always On Display.
LG LG's pricing policy, when the bodies become cheaper almost by 100 bucks a month)) The controversial minus, but somehow it is a shame to buy a device for 700 bucks, and after a few. months it already costs 250))

Oneplus 6($ 550 in Ukraine)
➕➕➕:
вњ”пёЏ Speed. Super-fast, everything works, super-fast unlock on the face. Along with Pixel is the fastest smart on the market.
вњ”пёЏ Good firmware, long support.
вњ”пёЏ A fairly good camera, although worse than the competitors, but the BEST video stabilization, at least as can be seen in the video of various reviewers (I watch mostly Western, Russian-speaking are not very adequate).
вњ”пёЏ Ability to roll Gcam, then removes even better.
вњ”пёЏ Moisture protection is not declared, but there is.
вњ”пёЏ Excellent management of gestures out of the box.

⛔️⛔️⛔️:
вќЊ The camera is worse than its competitors, everyone. Moreover, I went to the store, compared the photo with my old man Xiaomi Mi Note, the OnePLus is not much better. No, better of course, but not straight at times, but in terms of color reproduction, it generally merges.
вќЊ Moisture protection is not declared, although it is. Dumb.

Vivo nex a($ 550-650 in China) This is a version without a subscreen scanner, it has a scanner on its back and a 710th snap, but this is all not important.
➕➕➕:
вњ”пёЏвњ”пёЏвњ”пёЏ SCREEN !!! It outweighs all the advantages of all competitors. He is just perfect! 6.6 inches and without frames, without bangs. This is a tablet that fits in a pocket of jeans and from which it is not funny to call. But ideally read.
Great camera. Surprisingly, when compared with the flagships of this year, it is practically not inferior.
вњ”пёЏ Good sound.
вњ”пёЏ Cool traveling selfie camera. I love all sorts of technological things, just enjoy the fun, usually these little things delight for a long time.

в›”пёЏв›”пёЏв›”пёЏ (unfortunately very serious):
вќЊ Impossibility to buy in Ukraine. It is difficult to dig in one online store for an inadequate price, or somehow through what kind of acquaintances to carry from China to circumvent draconian customs clearance. The main disadvantage that negates even the brilliance of the screen. Meaning in a good phone, if you can not buy it stupidly, or you can but overpaying one and a half times or terribly tormented?
вќЊ No moisture protection. Tired of shaking the machine in the kitchen, in the bathroom, on the beach, in the rain, etc. This one minus can and could be forgiven for such a screen, but along with the first ...

Samsung Galaxy S9 +($ 650-700 in Ukraine - gray). In principle, I do not consider, for several reasons. Home - frame on top, and that nothing could be more stupid than to go to the boutiques and take the most top-end Samsung at the moment. Feel is not a man who understands the technology, and the ordinary passers-by. Type iPhone or Geleksi, more phones are not there ... If he had something to cling to, as the same screen Vivo, it may be considered as well ... If you look at the Note, the 8th and too heavy big, and ugly and utterly stopping the stylus, and the 9th - the same only more and stands as a plane. Yes, and in-store copy Galaxy S8 terribly burned-out screen, just hard .. In general, no. :)

HTC, SonyandPixel 2XLI do not consider because of the design, there should not be a full top frame.Xiaomi MI Mix 2Sadmires the screen, but the lack of moisture protection and the complete inability to record sound in the video also delete from the list.

findings- Ideal Smart at the moment does not exist. At P20 Pro as small defects that only one great camera all of them do not outweigh the night. G7 good protection, sound and Shirikov, but merges the night, and in the video even OnePlus-y. Some shots even without tears to look it is impossible, watercolor terrible. Gcam save the situation, but xs how it will work, the bodies because it is overloaded, it misses the big blind, then something else, and it is a crutch crutch in Africa .. OP6 and Vivo also not without drawbacks .. The problem is more that we have in Ukraine LG officially no longer sold about Vivo there can be no question, though Huaveev full but not champions, they are too expensive for our wilderness and little buying, so stores are not particularly in a hurry to put them. So go to the boutiques, to twist in the hands and choose to enjoy does not come out.

In general, I do not know. Lead in the personal rating while P20 Pro and G7. Maybe someone had both the device, or the other of these, or even some of the flagships, share thoughts on what stopped and why.

Post has been editedSense-mx - 11.09.18, 01:20

Rep: (250)
Sense-mx @ 09/11/18, 05:09*
1. Modern design, i.e. as much as possible screen with as small frames as possible. Bang does not interfere if small
2. Camera
3. Moisture protection
for a long time was engaged in photography (mainly film), not for long digital (for several reasons, the device and equipment sold), so we can make high demands (but not too high) for the quality of the photo and as a techie and hardware ...
always took devices with a good camera (at the request of the manufacturer: D) some notes:
There was a Sony C905 with a xenon flash quality (with poor lighting) is good, but this is a phone, not a smart ...
There was a Nokia N8 with xenon (optics Zeiss, production Finnish) quite satisfied, the manufacturer threw support ...
I succumbed to the advertisement and bought a sony z-z ... I haven’t seen it yet, the camera wasn’t finished and then I’d quit ...
Now you have Xiaomi Mi5 + with a double camera, daytime shots of decent quality, and in case of insufficient illumination, even hang yourself
I used several phones of other manufacturers, ski and gnus-did not like it, now I’m not even going to say why (the ski-glass of the lens was scratching godlessly, samsa got enlightened or vice versa
Therefore, I look at the bug (p20pro)
IMHO ...

Rep: (27)
Considered it as a competitor OP6.

Huawei generally did not like me. I bought an OP6.
Compare cameras with OP6. On the machine. In pro mode, I think Huawei will be more interesting, but if you are not a photographer, then it is unlikely that you will twist every photo there.
Happy P20 or the same or worse than the OP6. I did not see the difference. Self frankly worse. And it infuriates that even with the face enhancement function turned off, the P20 still processes and makes selfies unnatural.
Video, generally keep quiet. P20 it just can not shoot.

Pros P20
YES zoom is better
YES night photos just space
It's all...

Battery 4000, but watched the reviews, he lives not as long as desired. Optimization is not very.
The processor is so-so. Speed ​​at the level of the flagships of two years ago.

Design. The back is beautiful. Like all phones now with a glass back cover. Front freak. This scanner bottom spoils everything. Or in the screen or behind the most optimal place. And now face unlock works in 99% of cases.

The firmware is not near with OP6.

Take LG if OP6 does not fit. The sound and wide-angle camera make it very interesting and unique. I even wondered why I did not consider him in more detail as a competitor of OP6: unsure:

Or wait for the OP6T until mid-October, when it is presented, there must be something interesting. In December, I think, it will already be possible to get it.

Post has been editedMambakharkov - 11.09.18, 05:35

Rep: (70)
From all this, for the moment I am chosen P20 pro. Excellent device. Firmware is also good. No brakes and lags. The battery is above praise. The day with the most active use of living till late evening. The camera in the video is not critical, shoots well enough. Gorgeous screen. Yes, a lot of arguments in its favor. If need be, to answer specific questions. And, well, he is still the only one that transmits music to wireless headphones losles format. That is, if good headphones sound th th. Well, the speakers will give odds to many.

Rep: (484)
Sense-mx @ 09/11/18, 01:09*
вќЊ Impossibility to buy in Ukraine. It is difficult to dig in one online store for an inadequate price, or somehow through what kind of acquaintances to carry from China to circumvent draconian customs clearance.

It is better to find a friend and come from Vivo nex S from Moscow, in MTS stores you can buy for 39,000, (47 - 8 cashback) now it is $ 560.

Rep: (60)
And the option Asue Zenfone 5z do not consider? It seems everyone is good except moisture protection.

Rep: (2)
* Sense-mx , but you are not confused by amolead with his shim. I personally more expensive. I chose r7. And I do not regret a little. The only minx battery. But very fast charging. And the screen is the best on the market. It is necessary to tune only for themselves. Taptik endzhin super. The sound is great. And I liked the OS, even after the miwai. Although I thought it was perfect

Rep: (232)
And I, too, had a very different apparatus. But it was honor 10 and mate 10 that they liked. In general, everything in mate 10 pro liked. And in p20 pro, they still improved it. In my opinion the best flagship on android is p20 pro. Ask answer!

Rep: (72)
Roma1918 @ 09/11/2018 06:07*
And the option Asue Zenfone 5z do not consider? It seems everyone is good except moisture protection.

Also interesting, why not consider this option?

Rep: (5)
There was an absolutely identical choice (I considered the same models) and chose G7, although initially I wanted an ice matrix. I will repeat the theses that I wrote in the thematic thread.

Why G7 on your points:
1. Sound - in P20 Pro and Vanplus it is not in principle, right there the phone plays noticeably better than my iBasso DX50 (and the player had a good custom firmware, but still). Not bad external speaker as a bonus. I don’t know about Vivo, it sounds like they praise the sound, but didn’t go deep, because Vivo is full of other flaws. By the way, yes, the sound writes awesome.
2. The camera - it is likely that the G7 is weaker than in the P20 Pro, but the wide-angle camera was suddenly the main fichey. When buying a thought, well, why do you need to indulge in only a couple of times, but in the end I use it 2 times more often than the mainstream, because in 80% of cases I need to shoot as much as possible just to fit the frame. About watercolor - it disappears when you turn on manual mode (even if everything else is on the machine stands), a defect Softovaya rather than at hardware. At night you can also get great shots, but perhaps it is more difficult than huaveyah and Samsung.
3. Moisture protection - likewise with a width, I thought it was a very rare case, but as a result I dived with him into the lake and shot under water. I'm not sure that Vanplus without this protection will withstand this (and it’s definitely not worth checking).
4. Design - I would put it in the first place here, it is very beautiful. Many people write "oh fu Chinese remnant of some kind and with bangs", to which I will answer - just hold it alive in your hands. The most beautiful and pleasant tactile of the new phones that I have seen is almost the level of iPhone X. C9 is worse, P20 Pro is worse. The back cover (I have blue) beautifully casts a sea wave, the assembly is ideal, heavy, but so pleasantly heavy. I do not stop looking.
5. The rest. He has already experienced rather strong crash test (on the third day of his pants fell on rough asphalt, the devil), but apart from a couple of scratches on the screen and on the frame vmyatinok all remained intact. Vibration is very cool. Screen Super - again, like Oled (before it was the Galaxy c6 and I am attached to it, "really black"), and now it is a little lacking, but PH-oledovski screen is saturated and bright feast for the eyes, well, he 1440r unlike all the rest. And he does not burn out (my C6 now looks like a war veteran with a bunch of burns from social networks, keyboards, and icons).

Why not G7:
1. Camera - if you want a simple point and shoot, then the P20 will be the best choice when the auto mode is fixed in G7 - it is not very clear (although they should be like).
2. Screen - if Oled is really needed (as I needed), then this is not here
3. The battery - as a whole suits me, and the optimization, apparently, is simply wonderful, but it can be seen that it could be better, just shove it a little more.

Why not the rest of the phones that are offered here.
1. P20 Pro - nothing, but lack of 3.5 ... Why? LG and Samsung have proven that you can do 3.5, thrust normal DACs, and leave IP68 protection at the same time.
2. Vanplus - he is some kind of soulless: everything is cool on paper, but in fact you don’t feel like buying. Everything is there, but nothing touches. But no, not all: there is no moisture protection and no sound.
3. Vivo NEX - very much waiting for his presentation, but in fact upset. First of all (and actually in-the-last), this is a wild shovel. The G7 is bigger for me, and then I’ll die. Someone norms, but not me. Secondly, the very same delivery is to carry for a long time and somehow is not very reliable, and the overpayment at the site is too high. Moisture protection again. If it were smaller and with a couple of additional features that are in LG, there would already be a dilemma.

In short, the moral: if G7 was taken away from me and I had to choose a new phone, I would no doubt take the G7 again (and would not even wait for the V40, because judging by the specs, it is again a shovel), because today I don’t see . On the other hand, if I didn’t need a sound, I’d probably have to look more closely at the huavei

Post has been editedKieshenka - 11.09.18, 12:35

Kieshenka @ 09/11/2018 09:40*

I do not share your opinion.
1. I myself was surprised after mate 10 pro and s9, but the dynamics of the p20 pro really play cool. How can you say so I do not understand.
2. The p20 pro camera is the best. Just take my word I use the camera every day to work and p20 pro does it better than s9 and so on. I thought better than mate 10 pro anyway but it turns out possible.
3. Moisture protection is also in huawei.
4. What is beautiful in lg g7 design? I held it in my hands, did not like it. But huawei has always liked the design. And at p20 pro they also added this bang and scanner in front and now everything is generally 10.
5 autonomy at p20 pro is wonderful! Better only mi max 2 and 3

* pspgo73,
How about Huawei with video? Is everything also sad?

Rep: (223)
Sense-mx @ 09/11/18, 01:09*
Vivo nex a
not seen in the characteristics of nfc?

Post has been editedAcidRain2010 - 11.09.18, 11:58

Rep: (219)
Sense-mx @ 09/11/18, 1:09*
вќЊ Firmware. Do not scold just lazy.
What's wrong with the firmware ???
The most stable firmware of all smarts!
Who and for what scolds them ???
I think this item is complete nonsense.

* miklyaev
And LG v30 is worse on the camera among all listed?

* pspgo73,

1. The speakers have nothing to do with portable sound. This is a wired sound in headphones. In LH there are good Sabrovsky DACs, which are enough to make players of the initial-average level of 200-300 dollars. In the huavei there is no 3.5 in principle, there is nothing to talk about.

2. I believe, I don’t say that LG has better, moreover, I’m writing directly, which is worse, but, firstly, Shirik decides, and secondly, in the meat grinder “my phone removes better” someone threw comparison P20 Pro and LG G7. P20, of course, turned out to be better, but the difference is far from significant enough to become a decisive factor. Look in the topic, be surprised.

3. Well, yes, you can not argue

4. Well, he just ... Handsome. This is subjectivity. Especially blue. And it lies perfectly in the hand.

5. Autonomy is definitely better for a hawaii (not because I used a hawaii, I didn’t use it, but according to different tests, it’s trite battery size and screen)

The key here is 3.5 and the sound, in fact. LH is able to replace players to a certain value, Huawei - no. And in order for players to play significantly better than G7, then for them you already need to give money close to the value of G7 itself. But this is if the sound is important. If not, then I probably would also look more at Huawei because of the camera and autonomy, but here, right in the cap, the sound is defined as key.

Post has been editedKieshenka - 11.09.18, 12:21

Roma1918 @ 09/11/2018, 10:53*

Roma1918 @ 09/11/2018, 10:53*
* pspgo73,
How about Huawei with video? Is everything also sad?

Everything is good with the video, although I don’t take a lot of video

Posted 09/11/2018 12:21 PM:

Miklyaev @ 09/11/2018, 11:05*
What's wrong with the firmware ???
The most stable firmware of all smarts!
Who and for what scolds them ???
I think this item is complete nonsense.

Huawei firmware is very good. I agree!

Rep: (219)
* roma1918 I do not know, I did not see a direct comparison.

Kieshenka @ 09/11/2018, 11:14*

1. And why this DAC? I had a lg v30. And he was in it
I did not notice the benefits with Google play music and YouTube. I do not consider a plus.
2. But shirik is yes I miss him. It would be nice if the third camera of the p20 pro would be wide, but the 5x zoom without loss of quality is very cool.
4. I had blue honor 10, mate 10 pro and now p20 pro. Also so beautiful in this color.
Total. I generally forgot about 3.5 and I consider it obsolete, now I go with sony wh1000xm2 headphones and went to them with gear icon x. I do not understand why this connector should be paid attention to

* pspgo73, Well, so about that and speech, that you specifically do not need the sound, you do not listen to wired headphones and you do not hear the difference, and therefore huavei suits. 3.5 will not become obsolete until the wireless audio is at least a kilometer closer to the quality and detail provided by the wires. That's why I write, if the sound is important - LH. If not, then rather, Huawei. You can even expand: LH - if you need sound, shirik and ips, Huawei - if you need a camera, autonomy and ice.

Post has been editedKieshenka - 11.09.18, 12:32

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 24/11/19, 23:15