Projector C80 / C80UP [Android] [Other] | [Multimedia projector]

Rep: (0)
DiscussionProjector C80 / C80UP
LED / C80 / C80UP
Discussion пїЅ

Specifications
Brand: C80 \ C80 UP
Available under different names: AUN C80 \ Newpal C80 \ ThundeaL GP70 (update TD80)
Type: Digital Projector

Version: with android and WI-FI
Android 6.0 Processor: Quad-Core Cortex-A53 1.5 GHz GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450 up to 750 MHz Memory: 1 g DDR3 / 8 g WI-FI: Yes Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0

Version: basic - without android and WI-FI
A new line of projectors with a new matrix size 4.2. Technology LTPS.
Resolution: 1280x720 Pixels physical resolution. Support max 1920x1080 Full HD.
Screen Ratio: 4: 3/16: 9
Brightness: 2200 lumens.
Peak value area: 1800-3000 lumen
Contrast ratio: 1000: 1-2000: 1
Projection Screen Size (inch): 37-120 inches
Best Projection Screen Size (inch): 40-85 inches
Zoom (+/- 25)
Projection Distance: 1.2-3.8m
CRC - 1.38
Keystone Correction: Manual, Vertical: +/- 15 В°
Dispaly Technology: 4.0 "Liquid Crystal Display
Light source: LED - service life of 30,000 hours
Power: 60W
Speakers: 4 ohm, 5 W x1 (SRS Sound technology)
3D Function: Red Blue 3D (Free 2 pcs 3D Glasses)
Input: USB, HDMI, VGA, AV, DC-in
Output: Earphone 3.5 mm Video
Format of C80: MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, RMVB, RM, MOV
C80 UP Plus: MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, RMVB, RM, MOV
Audio Formats of C80: MP3, WMA, AAC
Audio Formats of C80 UP Plus: MP3, WMA, AAC, AC3 Power
Voltage: AC110-240 50-60HZ
Plug type: EU plug
Dimensions: 200 x 155 x 75 mm
Weight / 0.9 kg / 1.38 kg
Photo projector

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 31.05.19, 10:35
Reason for editing: Useful video cleaning the C80 projector from dust

Rep: (16)
Visajack @ 03/07/19, 15:57*
Now I’m trying to put all the waste into a heap with the minimum alteration available to the majority.
Tomorrow will be a photo report
* visajack Your reports are already waiting. : yes2:

Post has been editedsan49 - 08.03.19, 17:45

Rep: (90)
San49 @ 03/08/19, 16:45*
reports ... have been waiting.
But who makes reports during the holidays?

Rep: (16)
Lotsman71 @ 03/08/19, 17:07*
reports ... have been waiting.
But who makes reports during the holidays?
Of course, the foot disinfects: D.

Rep: (25)
* san49,
By the way, I do. Yesterday, when I wrote, I forgot that today is the 8th :)
So no report today ...

REPLACING DIODE

Everything that you do with your projector, you do at your own peril and risk.

To replace the diode, I purchased:
1. The diode CREE CMA2550-0000-000N0U0A57G itself.
Personally, I bought directly in the US in the storeArrow.com.
I ordered throughNew mail. Registered on the NP website. When buying on "arrow "indicated the address of the US NP warehouse as the delivery address.
Delivery from the US is $ 4.9, and the diode itself is $ 16. I bought 2 pieces, so it turned out $ 2.5 cheaper.
For residents of the Russian Federation, as far as I understand from the topic, there is the opportunity to buy a diode on"Chip & Dip"
Attached Image

2. Boost converter for 36V.
For myself, I chose a DC-DC Boost Converter 250W 10A.
Input Voltage: 8.5V-48V
Output voltage: 10-50V
Maximum input current: 10A
Maximum Output Current: 10A
With a current at input 8A or at output 6A, the converter should be installed on the radiator.
I bought onprom.ua
Attached Image

3. Notebook power supply 19V 4.74A 90W
I chose this PSU only for the reason that I had it :)
In your case, you can purchase any other.
Attached Image

When choosing a power supply, pay attention to the following parameters.
but). Power. The diode is powered by a voltage of 36-37V and a current of 2-3A (the main thing is to cool it). For the projector itself, you need another 20W. Those. PSU power should be at least 120-150W only for the diode. (in case you plan to power the system with one power supply). I used the PSU as an additional and the maximum current is 2.2A, i.e. 90W was enough for me, but I left the stock unit to power the projector.
b) Voltage. The higher the voltage of the PSU, the easier it is for the converter. For example, if the PSU is 12V, then when the voltage is increased to 36V (diode power) and the output current 3A, the input will be 9A. Those. It will require installation on an additional radiator, possibly with active cooling. In my case, with a diode voltage of 36V and a current of 2.2A, I get 19V and 4.2A at the input of the converter. The converter heats up, but not critical. In the future I plan to replace the PSU with 24 volt and buy an additional step-down converter to power the projector from 12V from it. Thus, I will reduce the current on the boost converter to 3.3A, and therefore reduce its heating.

4. Cooler 50x50 or 60x60 maximum. Better than 50x50, as this size is enough for installation on the radiator hole.
I took myself 60x60x25 AFC0612D, but I do not recommend it to anyone. This is a server cooler. Noise from work is strong (50dB).
I will put the speed controller on KTshke, but it's all in the plans for the future.
Those. When buying, pay attention to speed and noise. For example, our "snail" noise at 35dB.
In general, the cooler is "ideally" 25-28dB.
Attached Image

5. Switch to turn on / off the diode.
Due to the lack of circuitry, our projector did not conduct experiments directly on the board.
When connecting the step-up converter to the power contacts of the stock diode, the latter "starts up" when the projector is energized, so it was decided to power the diode from a separate PSU and put a button to turn on the diode after starting the coolers. I took KCD1-101
Attached Image

General expenses:
Diode: $ 18.5
Converter: $ 7
BP: $ 12
Cooler: $ 5
Switch: $ 0.5
Total: $ 43

Wiring diagram:
Attached Image

The button is prudently located at the output of the converter, since the current consumption of the converter when idle is about 50mA, but the diode, when connected directly to the converter, does not start. You must first start the converter so that the capacitors are "charged", and then start the diode.

The diode itself was mounted on the radiator using a PCB. I did not want to buy a sheet for the sake of two 5mm strips, because I cut 2 strips from the "unnecessary" board:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

For the switch, I cut holes in the case, brought out the wires, soldered, pulled the heat shrink and clicked the switch
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

The converter itself is located behind the mirror, after removing the built-in speaker:
Attached Image

I completely cut out the grill in front of the radiator and set the cooler so that it threw air out, helping the "snail":
Attached Image

Attached Image

Without this cooler, there is a possibility of overheating of the matrix:
Attached Image

At the moment I do not want to risk the matrix. In a week or two, a pyrometer will come from China, then I will select the cooler speed and, possibly, I will take 50x50x15 or 50x50x20. And the size is smaller, and reducing speed and noise less.

The picture has become brighter, the colors are juicier, take my word for it :) The phone’s camera is not able to convey the quality of the resulting picture. Changing the brightness of the diode with my eyes, I see this, but the phone "adjusts" and the pictures look practically the same :) But one of the lastvideoalready laid out.
A few days ago, a friend will bring the same projector for alteration (that's why I bought 2 diodes), then it will be possible to start 2 projectors at the same time and take comparative photos.

Post has been editedvisajack - 09.03.19, 14:43

Rep: (0)
Blackmetal777 @ 03/08/19, 11:07*
no projector has absolutely black today

even in laser?

Rep: (4)
* mexex , a laser is just a more powerful light source, the technology itself is usually dlp (at least in the budget segment). In the segment, probably up to 150 thousand rubles, black is generally absent as a class, and this is for lamp projectors, which with this money give a picture better than laser ones. Another point, in an unprepared room with a white ceiling and light walls, it is not possible to get good black even on top-end projectors. The situation there will be better than the budget ones, but due to light reflections the picture will be illuminated.

Rep: (265)
That's it, I ordered AUN F30, my diode replacement. Let's see what comes, there are no reviews, the model is new.

Mazepa2000 @ 03/09/19, 14:49*
Everything ordered AUN F30

Here it will enter 2550 perfectly. There, I look, and a fan is provided for the matrix and a radiator, most likely, of our weight. :)

* visajack
3.3 kg without packaging (5 in it), more than twice. I therefore took it, but not to replace the diode, the photo in the reviews shows that he shows the picture even in the light. There are competitors for an approximate price, but so healthy no. sorry new, no video reviews yet.
Well, the second selection criterion is the CRC, and at home, in order not to hammer the ceiling and at work their dofig is, if tests show its suitability, we will gradually switch to it. With CRC 1.38-1.4 it’s not at all thick .. Well, the third one is closed optical unit. I have a negative attitude to dust, I’ll probably find a hole there, too, but less and less filters can be put thinner (less obstruction to flow).

Post has been editedmazepa2000 - 09.03.19, 16:17

Rep: (3)
Guys. Dismantled again for cleaning. Because rides on my trine without filters.
1. Start to smear the right side.
All torsion, did not break anything. Where to look?(
2. The bottom is treated with some kind of glue that collects dust on itself. What kind of glue and what can be removed? They also say the neighboring glass is covered with this glue ...

* Kean4ik,
Maybe I’ve burst where? Look carefully with good lighting.
Put the filter, it will become easier immediately. The main thing is not to overdo it with their quantity and conductivity.
Do not touch the glue better, it does not interfere, it helps on the contrary, and you can easily spoil it when removed.

Post has been editedmazepa2000 - 10.03.19, 00:11

Rep: (14)
* mazepa2000 , also ordered :) although our c80 is not bad at all for its price. It’s true that you can only watch movies. It's still fun to play on it :) PS3 with its 720p looks just awful on it.

Rep: (7)
* visajack

The report is gorgeous, but the question arose on the power supply, and why not confuse the power supply to the desired voltage? Well, or take at least close in parameters,here

Rep: (7)
* mazepa2000 Well, what is crammed there that weighs a couple kg more than ours?

Also look in his direction. And I’ll sell c80 to Avito. As you receive, open a thread on the forum. It is very interesting what kind of model.

* solitary23,
The radiator is larger, the power supply is more powerful, so it runs on.
I came across an advertisement from the Chinese, as I had not seen before .. A little can be judged about the quality and brightness.

PS I don’t know how to open branches, and I don’t have much time. Open, gradually fill, the main thing is that there is a person who steers it.

Courier79 @ 03/10/19, 07:14*
Well, or take at least close in parameters

I just wrote about this:
Visajack @ 03/09/19, 13:41*
I chose this PSU only for the reason that I had it :)
In the future I plan to replace the PSU with 24 volt and buy an additional step-down converter to power the projector from 12V from it.

Take, for example, 24V 150W. At 36V, the price soars. But if you find 36V 4A for $ 10-12, then you can take it.

Rep: (2)
You should not take 4 Amps if you need to get 3. This will be almost the limit, especially for Chinese power supplies. Better with a margin. Faced earlier. Stink of them under load.

Rep: (2)
Hello! While I was away for a month there were new fans of alterations and experiments! We finally reached the diode. It's great! I need an advice. The idea is to get an image from a computer installed in the next room wirelessly. That is, I want to run for example football there, and use a wireless gamepad in the bedroom and play through the projector. Just pull the cable is not a hunt. Any ideas? Well, or transfer the image to a smart box, and he, in turn, is already connected to the projector via hdmi.

Post has been editedmagnummen - 13.03.19, 00:21

Magnummen @ 03/12/19, 11:17 PM*
receive an image from a computer wirelessly

Miracast If the projector with android is built-in. If without - a separate device.
But the idea of ​​playing on a wireless screen is not very good. In any case, I (the projector with the android) have a delay between the image on the transmitter screen and the projector about 500ms
This is VERY much for games.
Watching movies, images, listening to music - that’s it, but it’s not suitable for interactivity (games). At the moment when you need to hit the goal on the projector screen in the game, the ball has already been taken from you and they carry out a counterattack :)

Post has been editedvisajack - 13.03.19, 13:08

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/10/19, 5:00 p.m.